Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zapata a done deal apparently.. 02:11 - Aug 10 with 45601 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8862266/?
Queens Park Rangers have agreed a deal with Estudiantes for striker Duvan Zapata, Sky Sports understands.

Rangers have been locked in talks with the Argentine club over a deal for the highly-rated Colombian striker.

West Ham had previously struck a deal before pulling out earlier this summer, while other clubs from around Europe such as Italians Napoli and Sassuolo, French side Evian and Spaniards Atletico Madrid have all shown an interest in recent weeks.

However, Rangers have now managed to broker a deal for Zapata worth $10million (£6.4million).

Zapata is now due to arrive in England over the weekend to finalise personal terms and undergo a medical.

The 22-year-old, who is expected to be part of Colombia's squad for next year's World Cup finals, will then need a work-permit - which will have to go to appeal.

QPR are hopeful that Zapata will be granted the move under the 'special talent' ruling.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 15:05 - Aug 10 with 4601 viewsNov77

Napoli in for him now
http://www.football-italia.net/38204/napoli-fight-qpr-zapata?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 23:14 - Aug 10 with 4295 viewsDylanP

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 05:42 - Aug 10 by 18StoneOfHoop

Soon come

Arriba! Arriba! Zapata! Zapata!

That furst one, may be the worst highlights video I have ever seen. 5 minutes of him falling over and not scoring. Seriously??? That is not exactly an advertisement for sparkling football. One time he won a throw on and a couple of time the goalie saved his shots. Hmmm. Hopefully, he is better than that video makes him look.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 23:25 - Aug 10 with 4265 viewsTheBlob

Quick feet for a big man.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 00:09 - Aug 11 with 4213 viewsColombiR

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 15:05 - Aug 10 by Nov77

Napoli in for him now
http://www.football-italia.net/38204/napoli-fight-qpr-zapata?

Just make sure someone tells him there's a cracking Colombian restaurant in Shepherd's Bush
Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 01:23 - Aug 11 with 4129 viewsDieByYourSide

Deja vu anyone?

Poll: And it's hi ho

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 01:34 - Aug 11 with 4111 viewsBlackCrowe

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 00:09 - Aug 11 by ColombiR

Just make sure someone tells him there's a cracking Colombian restaurant in Shepherd's Bush

is there? Where?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 03:01 - Aug 11 with 4068 viewsWindsorHoopMan

Could be a flipping disaster or the buy of the century. Knowing the rangers, I think I know which one
Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 04:43 - Aug 11 with 4043 viewsFDC

No way we can pull this off, surely.

"SSN understands" can go and do one.
Login to get fewer ads

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 04:50 - Aug 11 with 4035 viewsHAYESBOY

The Colombian Duvan Zapata, whose transfer to Queens Park Rangers in England was passed last night, said goodbye to his colleagues in City Bell, where he practiced for the first time the brand reinforcement Franco Jara and Juan Sebastian Veron did work differentiated by an ailment.

`Coffee` striker showed up early, greeted his colleagues and all employees of the Country, took his team and coaching staff after saying goodbye to put an end to his two years at the club, because tomorrow will travel to England, along Fernando Schena your representative.

Zapata process the working visa and comply with the rigorous medical examination, so that in the absence of drawbacks have its first European experience at Queens Park Rangers in the First Division, the second category of British football.

The sale was approved last night at the headquarters of Students, as president Enrique Lombardi confirmed. Official numbers were not reported but learned that the `Click` will remain clean six million dollars plus a 20 percent gain from a future sale that exceeds that amount.

Furthermore, it would play a game in England, where the collection will be for Students.

The club `click` already paid to America de Cali of Colombia through half the $ 1.2 million and up to August 31 is deadline to respect the clause for the other 50 percent, and thus comply with the payment plan scheduled in a million and a half.

Naples, Italy, also showed their interest in the striker, as his manager Rafael Benitez spoke with fellow students, Mauricio Pellegrino, but could not beat the deal of Queens.

Therefore, Zapata will continue his career in the English, despite rumors that the Neapolitans were determined to improve the supply, something that was never formalized.

Moreover, the students are trained campus today in City Bell and developed various tasks ball control tactics, offensive and defensive positioning, and pressure and exits from the bottom.

This practice is Franco Jara scored the last booster. Benfica's player of last step for San Lorenzo, arrived on loan for a season in exchange for $ 300,000 and a choice of 2 million.

As for those injured, German Re and Colombian midfielder Jose Leudo worked in the field for physical tasks and showed a positive improvement, but none will be available to the technician for the clash with All Boys, next Wednesday, for the quarterfinals Argentina Cup in San Juan.

At the same time, Israel Damonte still awaiting clearance and is not yet able to play.

From the side, Pellegrino gave no clues and from tomorrow will begin to unfold the unknowns. In fact, one of the biggest concerns is the presence of Veron, who had an overload in the soleus and performed tasks gym today.

For now, the captain is more outside than inside the joint holder who seek qualification for the Cup semifinals

http://www.futbolparatodos.com.ar/2013/08/10/bruja-estas/?utm_source=twitterfeed

This is from Estudiantes official site:

ranco Jara is students. On the same day that Duvan Zapata said goodbye to teammates, the former attacker San Lorenzo joined the work of the team in the Country and participated without any drawbacks in the work with ball and tactical exercises which diagramó staff albirrojo. "It seduced me to come to a large Argentine football," he said.As it often happens in City Bell whenever someone joins, the template received Jara first with a warm applause and then with the traditional "Chinese bridge". After the aforementioned baptism player stood under the orders of Professor Gabriel Macaya and was one of the group that initiated the Saturday day of training first with a series of physical movements with the ball and then with tactical tasks.""Students is a great within Argentine football, was put together really well, and these were the main reasons that I'm here", said the attacker than in an exclusive interview that he granted to the official site and to the www.edelptv.com much appreciated Duvan Zapata, Colombian striker who will continue his career in England. "Duván is a crack, a great goal-scorer and hopefully success follow on their side".Jara know that now all eyes will be on his person considering that came to students to fill the gap of Zapata. In this regard, said "I am aware that I will require in a certain way the goals that marked Duvan, and I will try to comply with that, but I guarantee what delivery and lot of sacrifice within the rectangle of the game".To finish and when speaking of Pellegrino and Veron, the Flament reinforcement click said that "the coach called me before and after signing and it is an immense joy that a technician is so outstanding a player." And on Veron, I can say, is a pride to play next to him knowing his tremendous quality and everything what it represents for the Argentinian football
[Post edited 11 Aug 2013 4:51]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 05:59 - Aug 11 with 4016 viewsFDC

fcking hell
Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 06:50 - Aug 11 with 3985 viewsBlackCrowe

Blimus

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 07:35 - Aug 11 with 3940 viewsDrewster

Moreover, the students are trained campus today in City Bell and developed various tasks ball control tactics, offensive and defensive positioning, and pressure and exits from the bottom.

Pressure and exits from the bottom!!!
Interesting training sessions, no wonder he is leaving.
Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 10:40 - Aug 11 with 3788 viewsted_hendrix

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 04:50 - Aug 11 by HAYESBOY

The Colombian Duvan Zapata, whose transfer to Queens Park Rangers in England was passed last night, said goodbye to his colleagues in City Bell, where he practiced for the first time the brand reinforcement Franco Jara and Juan Sebastian Veron did work differentiated by an ailment.

`Coffee` striker showed up early, greeted his colleagues and all employees of the Country, took his team and coaching staff after saying goodbye to put an end to his two years at the club, because tomorrow will travel to England, along Fernando Schena your representative.

Zapata process the working visa and comply with the rigorous medical examination, so that in the absence of drawbacks have its first European experience at Queens Park Rangers in the First Division, the second category of British football.

The sale was approved last night at the headquarters of Students, as president Enrique Lombardi confirmed. Official numbers were not reported but learned that the `Click` will remain clean six million dollars plus a 20 percent gain from a future sale that exceeds that amount.

Furthermore, it would play a game in England, where the collection will be for Students.

The club `click` already paid to America de Cali of Colombia through half the $ 1.2 million and up to August 31 is deadline to respect the clause for the other 50 percent, and thus comply with the payment plan scheduled in a million and a half.

Naples, Italy, also showed their interest in the striker, as his manager Rafael Benitez spoke with fellow students, Mauricio Pellegrino, but could not beat the deal of Queens.

Therefore, Zapata will continue his career in the English, despite rumors that the Neapolitans were determined to improve the supply, something that was never formalized.

This practice is Franco Jara scored the last booster. Benfica's player of last step for San Lorenzo, arrived on loan for a season in exchange for $ 300,000 and a choice of 2 million.

As for those injured, German Re and Colombian midfielder Jose Leudo worked in the field for physical tasks and showed a positive improvement, but none will be available to the technician for the clash with All Boys, next Wednesday, for the quarterfinals Argentina Cup in San Juan.

At the same time, Israel Damonte still awaiting clearance and is not yet able to play.

From the side, Pellegrino gave no clues and from tomorrow will begin to unfold the unknowns. In fact, one of the biggest concerns is the presence of Veron, who had an overload in the soleus and performed tasks gym today.

For now, the captain is more outside than inside the joint holder who seek qualification for the Cup semifinals

http://www.futbolparatodos.com.ar/2013/08/10/bruja-estas/?utm_source=twitterfeed

This is from Estudiantes official site:

ranco Jara is students. On the same day that Duvan Zapata said goodbye to teammates, the former attacker San Lorenzo joined the work of the team in the Country and participated without any drawbacks in the work with ball and tactical exercises which diagramó staff albirrojo. "It seduced me to come to a large Argentine football," he said.As it often happens in City Bell whenever someone joins, the template received Jara first with a warm applause and then with the traditional "Chinese bridge". After the aforementioned baptism player stood under the orders of Professor Gabriel Macaya and was one of the group that initiated the Saturday day of training first with a series of physical movements with the ball and then with tactical tasks.""Students is a great within Argentine football, was put together really well, and these were the main reasons that I'm here", said the attacker than in an exclusive interview that he granted to the official site and to the www.edelptv.com much appreciated Duvan Zapata, Colombian striker who will continue his career in England. "Duván is a crack, a great goal-scorer and hopefully success follow on their side".Jara know that now all eyes will be on his person considering that came to students to fill the gap of Zapata. In this regard, said "I am aware that I will require in a certain way the goals that marked Duvan, and I will try to comply with that, but I guarantee what delivery and lot of sacrifice within the rectangle of the game".To finish and when speaking of Pellegrino and Veron, the Flament reinforcement click said that "the coach called me before and after signing and it is an immense joy that a technician is so outstanding a player." And on Veron, I can say, is a pride to play next to him knowing his tremendous quality and everything what it represents for the Argentinian football
[Post edited 11 Aug 2013 4:51]

"Duván is a crack, a great goal-scorer and hopefully success follow on their side".

Crack what? crack head? Columbian crackhead

guffaw lol etc

Fantastic

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 10:41 - Aug 11 with 3775 viewsbosh67

Anyone else think that he'll divert to either Fulham or Norwich? Most of our targets and players end up there. Especially as Hooper has done his knee and his ankle.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 11:22 - Aug 11 with 3707 viewsdanehoop

As mentioned previously, the issue is one of a work permit. He doesn't obviously qualify having not played or even been in an international team at either under 21 or senior level. After that the argument is one of whether he is a special talent/skill which would not otherwise be available in the UK or EU. I hope he gets a Work Permit, but really fear that will be the thing that stops this deal. For all of the Wet Spam comments before, the fact is that they have a great deal more experience than we do on these issues and they chose not to invest further time in the deal. So lets not get our hopes up until any deal is on the official website.

Never knowingly understood

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 11:52 - Aug 11 with 3500 viewsJonDoeman

Estudiantes president Enrique Lombardi has confirmed the club have accepted an offer from #QPR for striker Zapata. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8865543/?

It Is What It Is !!

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 12:07 - Aug 11 with 3453 viewsSpiritofGregory

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 11:52 - Aug 11 by JonDoeman

Estudiantes president Enrique Lombardi has confirmed the club have accepted an offer from #QPR for striker Zapata. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8865543/?

We are likely to sign him because we can pay the full fee upfront whereas other clubs want to pay in installments. Napoli even though they have sold a player for £54m are frugal - remember Cesar.

Don't worry about Fulham and Norwich as one won't want to spend on another striker and Fulham only sign loan players.
Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 13:40 - Aug 11 with 3348 viewsSomersetHoops

We need one more forward and the club need to have several options Defoe, Crouch, Zapata and probably others we haven't heard about. We wont be getting all of them and each one has an issue to be resolved before a contract can be drawn up. The transfer window end is getting closer and several of these deals will be progressing in parallel, but only one will be done, so lets not get too exited yet.

Who's Next?

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 15:16 - Aug 11 with 3230 viewsowza

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 13:40 - Aug 11 by SomersetHoops

We need one more forward and the club need to have several options Defoe, Crouch, Zapata and probably others we haven't heard about. We wont be getting all of them and each one has an issue to be resolved before a contract can be drawn up. The transfer window end is getting closer and several of these deals will be progressing in parallel, but only one will be done, so lets not get too exited yet.

I agree we need one more striker, hopefully Zapata. But I think we need another winger badly. I would love to have Townsend back, he would be my number 1 choice and I would also take Matt Phillips aswell. Not to sure about Assaidi because he barely kicked a ball last year however he would want to prove himself. But Barton on the wing is not going to get us through the season. I was at the Huddersfield game yesterday and I thought we were crying out for another winger out wide (but NOT Shaun Wright-Phillips) because Hoilett was causing lots of problems out wide but there was nothing really going down the left apart from the occasional burst forward from Suk Young. I think someone like Andros Townsend would have given us a real dangerous option out on the left and him and Hoilett would give us a new dimension.
Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 17:17 - Aug 11 with 3030 viewsHAYESBOY

Supposedly a picture of him on his way to London. (Not sure the link will work).

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/hayesboy1/media/Zapata_zps81548302.jpg.html?fi

[URL= http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/hayesboy1/media/Zapata_zps81548302.jpg.html][I http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag45/hayesboy1/Zapata_zps81548302.jpg[/IMG][
[Post edited 11 Aug 2013 17:24]

Smells like a trout farm in here

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 17:19 - Aug 11 with 3027 viewsSomersetHoops

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 15:16 - Aug 11 by owza

I agree we need one more striker, hopefully Zapata. But I think we need another winger badly. I would love to have Townsend back, he would be my number 1 choice and I would also take Matt Phillips aswell. Not to sure about Assaidi because he barely kicked a ball last year however he would want to prove himself. But Barton on the wing is not going to get us through the season. I was at the Huddersfield game yesterday and I thought we were crying out for another winger out wide (but NOT Shaun Wright-Phillips) because Hoilett was causing lots of problems out wide but there was nothing really going down the left apart from the occasional burst forward from Suk Young. I think someone like Andros Townsend would have given us a real dangerous option out on the left and him and Hoilett would give us a new dimension.

I agree we need a proper winger and a left back,the way Harry wants us to play so again several deals will be in play, but unless one is a real cheap bargain only one deal for a striker one winger and one left back will be done. If we get good new players in these positions and keep enough first choice players fit we might be a force to be reckoned with.

Who's Next?

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 17:24 - Aug 11 with 3008 viewsJonDoeman

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 17:17 - Aug 11 by HAYESBOY

Supposedly a picture of him on his way to London. (Not sure the link will work).

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/hayesboy1/media/Zapata_zps81548302.jpg.html?fi

[URL= http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/hayesboy1/media/Zapata_zps81548302.jpg.html][I http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag45/hayesboy1/Zapata_zps81548302.jpg[/IMG][
[Post edited 11 Aug 2013 17:24]

pic.twitter.com/67TjsuLuG1 Zapata Duván already in Europe, awaits #QPR

It Is What It Is !!

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 17:27 - Aug 11 with 2986 viewsLowerloftLad

Norwich have spent there kitty on a crocked hooper

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 17:40 - Aug 11 with 2939 viewsDylanP

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/8865543/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_s

Sounds like we dodged a bullet with Hooper. I hope he recovers. No ill will to him. Just, it is always our luck to bring in some highly fancied/hyped player only to have him go down injured almost immediately.

Skysports seem to think Zapata is on his way. I have no idea how good he is but there is always a level of excitement in these situation. They seem to rate him highly. They got their man (apparently). Happy days (hopefully)!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 17:44 - Aug 11 with 2910 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Zapata a done deal apparently.. on 17:40 - Aug 11 by DylanP

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/8865543/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_s

Sounds like we dodged a bullet with Hooper. I hope he recovers. No ill will to him. Just, it is always our luck to bring in some highly fancied/hyped player only to have him go down injured almost immediately.

Skysports seem to think Zapata is on his way. I have no idea how good he is but there is always a level of excitement in these situation. They seem to rate him highly. They got their man (apparently). Happy days (hopefully)!!

Not to put a downer on anything, but Mbia and Granero were both very highly rated, that didn't seem to go down well

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024