Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dowd 20:28 - Apr 7 with 3857 viewskingo

Fat freak couldn't see the two handed push on Bosingwa but couldn't wait to get his whistle out to give Wigan free kicks around the box. Only wanted to look one way

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Dowd on 20:35 - Apr 7 with 2851 viewsTHEBUSH

I hate it when Dowd is in charge of our matches, as you just know something bad is going to happen to us
Dowd on 20:35 - Apr 7 with 2837 viewsDunstable_hoop

Very unfair to place blame his way for our defeat as the amount of soft free kicks we won was rediculous.
Dowd on 20:38 - Apr 7 with 2810 viewsTHEBUSH

Dowd on 20:35 - Apr 7 by Dunstable_hoop

Very unfair to place blame his way for our defeat as the amount of soft free kicks we won was rediculous.

He has a jink on us
Dowd on 20:39 - Apr 7 with 2805 viewsgazza1

Dont blame the ref.....look at our own players.

Zamora cost us big time by raising his foot so high....and Mbia was a complete idiot giving a free kick away 20 yards out with 2 mins to go......and Tarbs cowardise rounded it all up!!!

Overall I thought Dowd did ok.
Dowd on 20:40 - Apr 7 with 2793 viewskingo

Dowd on 20:35 - Apr 7 by Dunstable_hoop

I haven't seen anything on TV but it didn't look that way in the ground. Wigan took out Townsend time after time and hardly got penalised, whereas Gomez and Di Snato threw themselves around and got free kick after free kick. Just before the killer free kick, Bosingwa was blatantly pushed and Dowb looked the other was and then awarded a free kick to Wigan straight after.

Dowd on 20:42 - Apr 7 with 2773 viewsgazza1

Dowd on 20:40 - Apr 7 by kingo

I haven't seen anything on TV but it didn't look that way in the ground. Wigan took out Townsend time after time and hardly got penalised, whereas Gomez and Di Snato threw themselves around and got free kick after free kick. Just before the killer free kick, Bosingwa was blatantly pushed and Dowb looked the other was and then awarded a free kick to Wigan straight after.

That push was the linesman call not Dowd.......
Dowd on 20:43 - Apr 7 with 2766 viewsCHUBBS

Figeroa should have had 3 yellows but was let off time and time again.The ref was ok and tried to let the game flow.It wasn't his decision to send of Zamora.
We shot ourselves in the foot again.
Dowd on 20:47 - Apr 7 with 2749 viewskingo

Dowd on 20:42 - Apr 7 by gazza1

That push was the linesman call not Dowd.......

Well me and all those in the Loft could see it, yet a ref 10 yards away couldn't. He only wanted to look one way.

Login to get fewer ads

Dowd on 20:51 - Apr 7 with 2726 viewsgazza1

I saw it too but I am way above pitch level which makes a big difference.
Dowd on 20:51 - Apr 7 with 2722 viewswittle

Dowd on 20:47 - Apr 7 by kingo

Well me and all those in the Loft could see it, yet a ref 10 yards away couldn't. He only wanted to look one way.

it wasnt the ref that kicked a wigan player in the head and commited a crazy foul with 30 seconds to go.
Dowd on 20:56 - Apr 7 with 2704 viewsstowmarketrange

Dowd on 20:51 - Apr 7 by wittle

it wasnt the ref that kicked a wigan player in the head and commited a crazy foul with 30 seconds to go.

It wasnt the ref who saw it either.He was told by the 4th official who saw it on tv.A f--king disgrace of a referee who couldn't see a foul on a qpr player to save his life.
Dowd on 20:56 - Apr 7 with 2703 viewskingo

Dowd on 20:51 - Apr 7 by wittle

Get your facts right, Zamorra kicked the player in the head in the first half and Mbia shoulder barged a player.

Dowd on 21:49 - Apr 7 with 2614 viewsHollowayRanger

ok lets play be the REF

YOu see a player kick someone in the head = red card fair enough

but why did it take 1 minute 42 seconds ?????????

dowd played advantage for 10-20 secs and game continued no one appealed from wigan there was no sign of a card let alone a red for more than a minute then we hears something on his mike walks over to linesmen and then finally gives red

said pre match i hope the players decide the game and not the ref

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Dowd on 21:53 - Apr 7 with 2603 viewsWatford_Ranger

He never seems to have the right angle to make a decision. Constantly unable to alter his position quickly enough, meaning he has to try and look around or through a player or pray the linesman makes a decision for him.

Obviously Zamora had to go, but it's peculiar that he was happy to wave play on, the linesman stood there and did nothing and after a cosy chat they came to the correct guess.
Dowd on 23:19 - Apr 7 with 2524 viewsLblock

Dowd on 21:53 - Apr 7 by Watford_Ranger

He never seems to have the right angle to make a decision. Constantly unable to alter his position quickly enough, meaning he has to try and look around or through a player or pray the linesman makes a decision for him.

Obviously Zamora had to go, but it's peculiar that he was happy to wave play on, the linesman stood there and did nothing and after a cosy chat they came to the correct guess.

Never has the right angle

Are you surprised?
This is the ref who failed the entrance physical test this season but was given dispensation to ref the Prem!!
He is a self important jumped up fat little look at me showman

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dowd on 23:51 - Apr 7 with 2468 viewsQPRDave

Dowd on 20:56 - Apr 7 by stowmarketrange

It wasnt the ref who saw it either.He was told by the 4th official who saw it on tv.A f--king disgrace of a referee who couldn't see a foul on a qpr player to save his life.

This .....how come a Wigan player put a players future in doubt a couple of weeks ago, but video evidence could not be called upon.........yet today the lino never flagged when the incident happened, yet they both agreed it was a red, nothing to do with being miked up is it FA?
Same happened with the Barton sending off v Norwich at home, seems we are being reffed by video, where as others are not
Dowd on 00:03 - Apr 8 with 2442 viewsactonman

Dowd on 23:51 - Apr 7 by QPRDave

This .....how come a Wigan player put a players future in doubt a couple of weeks ago, but video evidence could not be called upon.........yet today the lino never flagged when the incident happened, yet they both agreed it was a red, nothing to do with being miked up is it FA?
Same happened with the Barton sending off v Norwich at home, seems we are being reffed by video, where as others are not

Spot on!

Video evidence used (fair enough) but only when they feel like it ??
Dowd on 00:12 - Apr 8 with 2427 viewsNorthernr

My goodness me.

Never the QPR players fault is it?

Zamora put his boot in a player's face. Dowd played advantage because Wigan had the ball - we always moan referees don't play advantage. Then he awarded the free kick - we always moan when referees don't go back and award a free kick having initially played advantage. Then he dealt with the injured player first and foremost - as he's supposed to do. Then he gave himself time to think - fans always ask for referees to give themselves time to think. Then he went across to his linesman - fans always ask why they don't consult with their linesmen. The linesman clearly said "I think it's a red Phil." Dowd nodded, almost reluctant to do it, but sent him off.

It was the correct decision. Reached methodically, not in a rash moment. It was a good example of a team of officials working together. Why not ask why Bobby and his poorly hip was suddenly able to hoist his leg up to head height and kick a bloke in the face when with a little bit more effort and concentration he could have challenged him fairly for the header?

That, as well as the Mbia free kick at the end, were the correct decisions. No injustice. No bias. No poor officiating. The correct decisions against two fcking idiot over paid brain dead fcking idiots.

But no. It's the referee's fault. Big conspiracy.

Pathetic.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Dowd on 00:33 - Apr 8 with 2407 viewsQPRDave

Dowd on 00:12 - Apr 8 by Northernr

My goodness me.

Never the QPR players fault is it?

Zamora put his boot in a player's face. Dowd played advantage because Wigan had the ball - we always moan referees don't play advantage. Then he awarded the free kick - we always moan when referees don't go back and award a free kick having initially played advantage. Then he dealt with the injured player first and foremost - as he's supposed to do. Then he gave himself time to think - fans always ask for referees to give themselves time to think. Then he went across to his linesman - fans always ask why they don't consult with their linesmen. The linesman clearly said "I think it's a red Phil." Dowd nodded, almost reluctant to do it, but sent him off.

It was the correct decision. Reached methodically, not in a rash moment. It was a good example of a team of officials working together. Why not ask why Bobby and his poorly hip was suddenly able to hoist his leg up to head height and kick a bloke in the face when with a little bit more effort and concentration he could have challenged him fairly for the header?

That, as well as the Mbia free kick at the end, were the correct decisions. No injustice. No bias. No poor officiating. The correct decisions against two fcking idiot over paid brain dead fcking idiots.

But no. It's the referee's fault. Big conspiracy.

Pathetic.

Alright Northern explain to me why at that Wigan game V the Toon the 4th offic didn't pipe up then?
Yet today he did........The lino did not flag, so why did he (and you can clearly see him say red card) then tell the ref what the decision is?...He didn't see it, and for Dowd to go to him he is saying that he didn't see it either.....so who's reffing the f*ckin game ? .....the bloke on the side of the pitch.
Btw the Wigan player ducked into it, ...it wasn't intentional, seen yellow cards given at the most........Remember the media foray when Nani got red carded for similar?
Is phil Dowd your dad or something.....or is it just northun thing you have to come across as a grumpy tw*t
Dowd on 00:39 - Apr 8 with 2402 viewsdenhamhoop2

Dowd on 00:33 - Apr 8 by QPRDave

Alright Northern explain to me why at that Wigan game V the Toon the 4th offic didn't pipe up then?
Yet today he did........The lino did not flag, so why did he (and you can clearly see him say red card) then tell the ref what the decision is?...He didn't see it, and for Dowd to go to him he is saying that he didn't see it either.....so who's reffing the f*ckin game ? .....the bloke on the side of the pitch.
Btw the Wigan player ducked into it, ...it wasn't intentional, seen yellow cards given at the most........Remember the media foray when Nani got red carded for similar?
Is phil Dowd your dad or something.....or is it just northun thing you have to come across as a grumpy tw*t

I have to say i think that Dowd did get both the big decisions right it was a red card and a free kick to Wigan.The first i have my doubts it was his decision as if he had seen a clear red card serious foul play offence surely he could not have played advantage.The second well its not his fault that Mbia is a brainless headless chicken of a footballer who with seconds to go decides to push a player struggling to control the ball on the edge of the box.The fact is Dowd as a referee cannot keep up with play and was never less than 10 metres from the play and hence unable to give correct decisions.He is not fit enough to referee at this level but the Premiership don't wanna admit that some referees aren't fit enough so they fudge the issue
Dowd on 00:43 - Apr 8 with 2397 viewsNorthernr

Dowd on 00:33 - Apr 8 by QPRDave

Phil Dowd is a poor referee, barely fit enough to referee in this league, and in the past he has given many awful, awful decisions against QPR. If you compare him to my father - who was a proper QPR fan and a fcking fantastic bloke who is sadly missed - again it will be the last thing you do on this message board.

The linesman didn't flag because Dowd waved advantage on - both acted completely correctly. The play broke down and Dowd awarded a free kick - as he should do. Dowd tended to the injured player first - as he should do. Then he spoke to the linesman - as he should do. The linesman advised it was a red card - which it was. A red card was shown. Absolutely correct decision, reached in the correct way.
Dowd on 00:49 - Apr 8 with 2386 viewsQPRDave

Dowd on 00:43 - Apr 8 by Northernr

Phil Dowd is a poor referee, barely fit enough to referee in this league, and in the past he has given many awful, awful decisions against QPR. If you compare him to my father - who was a proper QPR fan and a fcking fantastic bloke who is sadly missed - again it will be the last thing you do on this message board.

The linesman didn't flag because Dowd waved advantage on - both acted completely correctly. The play broke down and Dowd awarded a free kick - as he should do. Dowd tended to the injured player first - as he should do. Then he spoke to the linesman - as he should do. The linesman advised it was a red card - which it was. A red card was shown. Absolutely correct decision, reached in the correct way.

Yellow card ....at most ...
Dowd on 00:50 - Apr 8 with 2382 viewsNorthernr

Dowd on 00:49 - Apr 8 by QPRDave

Yellow card ....at most ...

Fcking nonsense. You had to edit that?
Dowd on 00:57 - Apr 8 with 2369 viewsQPRDave

Dowd on 00:50 - Apr 8 by Northernr

Fcking nonsense. You had to edit that?

Wigan player ducked.....leg was outstretched no violent movement from the knee, no lunge as such,and no intent....yellow but the 4th official saw it on telly and effectively took over, which is wrong.

Just seen it again maybe red, and arry says its red, so maybe
Dowd on 01:07 - Apr 8 with 2355 viewsNorthernr

Dowd on 00:57 - Apr 8 by QPRDave

Wigan player ducked.....leg was outstretched no violent movement from the knee, no lunge as such,and no intent....yellow but the 4th official saw it on telly and effectively took over, which is wrong.

Just seen it again maybe red, and arry says its red, so maybe

Redknapp had no complaints. He kicked the guy in the head for the love of God man. It's Zamora's fault. The QPR player was wrong. It's ok to admit it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024