Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
one win against a struggling team means F.All 13:00 - Mar 4 with 4392 viewsLambourn

I was there and we had two chances and scored two goals we could of easily lost by 3/4 we are still totally paceless and non creative unless they made the mistake we wouldnt of got the second goal.
one win against a struggling team means F.All on 14:27 - Mar 4 with 896 viewsspencer

Obvious statement alert...

If we don't beat these three, then we deserve to go down...

If we do beat these 3...plus beat Sunderland...would give us 32 points and a good shout at staying up.

Needless to say, Saturdays victory has given the team a sense of belief...the bext 4 games will see whether they decide to cash in on that option..or fall by the sword.
one win against a struggling team means F.All on 14:27 - Mar 4 with 891 viewsLewes_r

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 13:44 - Mar 4 by TheBlob

This thread is conclusive proof that self-flagellation is addictive.

queuing outside the ellerslie turnstiles

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 14:32 - Mar 4 with 880 viewsessextaxiboy

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 13:55 - Mar 4 by Gloucs_R

If we beat Villa, Wigan and Reading in the same fashion plus pick up another win somewhere, we could be safe.

Still think we will go down though!

Thought you were coming over to the dark side for a mo there .
one win against a struggling team means F.All on 14:39 - Mar 4 with 863 viewsLoft1979

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 13:15 - Mar 4 by Toast_R

This was me last week at work

This is me monday morning this week (Not actually me)

Weridly, when I just googled images of "the return of the Grim Reaper" it actually included on the first page a picture of Harry Redknapp?......

Priceless!!!
one win against a struggling team means F.All on 14:40 - Mar 4 with 863 viewsMerthyrHoop

Yeah we didn't play brilliantly, and we will probably still go down, and then potentially find ourselves in a financial black-hole.

But, we've only won two other league games this season...lets just enjoy a bit of celebrating while we have the chance eh?

Sunderland might play us off the park on Saturday if we continue in the same form, but we might score a 90th minute winner deflected in off of Jay Bothroyd's arse. If you have to find ways to pick apart one of the rare positive moments in a fairly abject season then I'm not sure what you're in this for?
one win against a struggling team means F.All on 14:43 - Mar 4 with 858 viewsLoft1979

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 13:43 - Mar 4 by Jamie

Sometimes you win a game by taking your only chances (Saints), often we drop points by not taking many chances (Reading, Norwich, Villa).

Hmmm;
'one win against a struggling team means F.All'
We just beat the team that beat us 3-1 at our place when we were equal on points (more or less). Since then they are 13 points ahead and beat Man City just a couple of weeks ago.....but they are 'struggling'....
one win against a struggling team means F.All on 14:47 - Mar 4 with 849 viewsrsonist

Don't have to be a good side to stay in the division, in fact don't even have to be a good side to be midtable. Just have to be less crap than the other crap teams we play next.

Even then we can be more crap than the other crap teams as long as we don't concede and as long as one or two of the attackers (like Remy, Hoilett) rise above the muck long enough to score.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
one win against a struggling team means F.All on 14:49 - Mar 4 with 843 viewsessextaxiboy

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 14:27 - Mar 4 by Lewes_r

queuing outside the ellerslie turnstiles

They have booked this for Half Time on Saturday.

Jones is up first
Login to get fewer ads

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 14:58 - Mar 4 with 829 viewsLewes_r

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 14:49 - Mar 4 by essextaxiboy

They have booked this for Half Time on Saturday.

Jones is up first

he would slip between the twigs

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 14:58 - Mar 4 with 825 viewscheeseydane

The general consensus last week was that Southampton were too good for us to get sweet fa against them.

We win, and suddenly they are a struggling side.

Although it wasnt vintage, i like to look at other aspects of the game, like the fact they seemed to run out of ideas, and that their main threats were pretty much nulified. Things like this dont happen by accident.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 14:59 - Mar 4 with 825 viewssimmo

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 13:15 - Mar 4 by Toast_R

This was me last week at work

This is me monday morning this week (Not actually me)

Weridly, when I just googled images of "the return of the Grim Reaper" it actually included on the first page a picture of Harry Redknapp?......

THIS. I was in a ridiculously good mood yesterday and even though I am propping my eyelids up it is the same today.

Not just the personal changes it inflicts though, the team won, they have been able to get a victory. If our fanbase is looking at that result, and looking at the games ahead of us and starting to believe there are points to take to lead to safety, then the players are too. You will be amazed how much a performance can be influenced by some belief.

If we get beaten by Sunderland and Villa then granted this win may mean nothing, but if we get something out of one or both of them, its rollercoaster time all the way to Anfield!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 15:07 - Mar 4 with 817 viewsadhoc_qpr

Agree that if we put in that kind of performance for the rest of the season we won't win many (any?) more games.

But 3 points on the board is all we can really ask, we're not magically going to transform into a good team but if we can be a lucky rubbish team i'll take it!
one win against a struggling team means F.All on 16:05 - Mar 4 with 777 viewsstowmarketrange

It might not mean too much in the long run,but it meant an awful lot to the 3000+ who were there, and no doubt to the thousands at home who have had a good weekend for a change.
It meant an awful lot to walk out of an away ground with our heads held high and it meant an awful lot to my 10 year old (now 11),Daughter who got the best birthday present she could have hoped for.
one win against a struggling team means F.All on 16:43 - Mar 4 with 749 viewsWestbourneR

This topic stinks of Fulham fan. 14 posts? In fact I'd bet everything I have it is a Fulham fan - which is great cos it means we've got them worried.

On it's own it wasn't a big win but it could be massive if it helps get the confidence going for the run of games we have coming up.

More to the point, not winning would have finished us off, so in that sense it was absolutely priceless.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 16:45 - Mar 4 with 745 viewsWestbourneR

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 13:10 - Mar 4 by jonno

Have to say that I did not see much of an improvement TBH. We were quite lucky to win, I wouldn't say we deserved to. We still lose 80% of individual challenges all over the pitch - and while football is a team game it is made up of a series of individual battles which we have continually been losing all season. When you lose the vast majority of those challenges you generally lose the game but Saturday was one of the exceptions that occasionally happens because we put away our chances for once, and they were not good enough to create much. But unless we start upping our game in terms of winning those individual battles we won't win too many more games I'm afraid.

Haha - i'm on fire today....
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 16:47 - Mar 4 with 710 viewsJuzzie

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 16:43 - Mar 4 by WestbourneR

This topic stinks of Fulham fan. 14 posts? In fact I'd bet everything I have it is a Fulham fan - which is great cos it means we've got them worried.

On it's own it wasn't a big win but it could be massive if it helps get the confidence going for the run of games we have coming up.

More to the point, not winning would have finished us off, so in that sense it was absolutely priceless.

You know what, you may be right there.

How was it a mistake that lead to our second goal as the OP suggested?

Players go in for tackles, it either goes out or one of them comes away with the ball. In this case, we came away with the ball and a cross was put in that was scored from. Happens all the time otherwise all games would end up 0-0.

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 17:06 - Mar 4 with 692 viewsBlackCrowe

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 16:43 - Mar 4 by WestbourneR

+1

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 17:09 - Mar 4 with 686 viewsLambourn

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 13:06 - Mar 4 by essextaxiboy

17 points 7 adrift

20 points 4 adrift

F*ck all?

Yes f.all I will take all bets we are down plain and simple and I travel home and away every game. Especially now as bothroyd and park have cemented there places. Anyone who thinks any different are in dreamland.
one win against a struggling team means F.All on 17:11 - Mar 4 with 682 viewsLambourn

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 13:10 - Mar 4 by jonno

Have to say that I did not see much of an improvement TBH. We were quite lucky to win, I wouldn't say we deserved to. We still lose 80% of individual challenges all over the pitch - and while football is a team game it is made up of a series of individual battles which we have continually been losing all season. When you lose the vast majority of those challenges you generally lose the game but Saturday was one of the exceptions that occasionally happens because we put away our chances for once, and they were not good enough to create much. But unless we start upping our game in terms of winning those individual battles we won't win too many more games I'm afraid.

Well said. A realist.
one win against a struggling team means F.All on 17:13 - Mar 4 with 678 viewsJuzzie

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 17:11 - Mar 4 by Lambourn

Well said. A realist.

How do you explain your comment about the 2nd goal being a mistake?

It wasn't a mistake, it was football.

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 17:18 - Mar 4 with 665 viewsLambourn

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 17:06 - Mar 4 by BlackCrowe

+1

Not a fulham fan just never had a laptop or iphone until 2months ago down to smashing my iphone up at sunderland last year on our dire performance.
one win against a struggling team means F.All on 17:21 - Mar 4 with 658 viewsLambourn

There left back ponsing about
one win against a struggling team means F.All on 17:22 - Mar 4 with 658 viewskropotkin41

It's a bit laughable coming on here and being all doom-and-gloom ........... like we'll all be shocked by it!

Oh no, we're going to get relegated? Don't say that! How could you be so pessimistic?

For goodness sake, there's not many of here who think that Saturday was the Second f*cking Coming; we're just pleased we won a match!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 17:26 - Mar 4 with 645 viewsgazza1

I thought it was a well wrked performance, disciplined & workmanlike....plus 2 good goals. Defensively they did not penetrate, they rarely got behind us and I felt quite comfortable.

How good or bad they were I dont know & could not care but I thought our performance was OK.

Dont really know why we have a thread like this anyway but hey - ho.
one win against a struggling team means F.All on 17:26 - Mar 4 with 645 viewsWestbourneR

one win against a struggling team means F.All on 17:21 - Mar 4 by Lambourn

There left back ponsing about

It's 'their'.

Second mistake in three posts that a five year old would be ashamed to make.

Lambourn you're illiterate. Now f**k off.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024