Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
hughes has to go 17:00 - Oct 27 with 6060 viewspaulparker

that was terrible, they were there for the taking today, forget the sending off we did not test their keeper untill the 92nd minute, the bloke has had enough time to sort this out and yet again we go for a point away from home and end up with nothing, we are in the crap here gents

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

hughes has to go on 22:20 - Oct 27 with 748 viewsClive_Anderson

Martinez won't come to us if he turned down Villa (and Liverpool?) a few summers back.
hughes has to go on 22:27 - Oct 27 with 721 viewsCHUBBS

If he honestly thinks this then we are in even worse bother.

"We were in total control, never under real pressure and they only created one chance when Cazorla ballooned the ball over the bar.

"We were making substitutions with a view to win the game because that was the extent of the control we thought we had. But the sending-off put us on the back foot, although even then I thought our response was magnificent and we had chances to win the game."

Shots
21 4
On target
11 3
Corners
5 2
Fouls
14 9
Possession 70% 30%
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
hughes has to go on 22:28 - Oct 27 with 717 viewsRanger78

hughes has to go on 22:13 - Oct 27 by CHUBBS

So basically we've spent close to 70 million pound to fight for 17th place?
We could have done that under NW and saved the lot.I see you didn't watch the game mate so i'll enlighten you.We sat back and coped with one attack after another with no real intention of trying to win the game.
Inevitably we implode and they score,then the players forget the negative tactics they were drowning in and play off the cuff and we dominated the last 7 minutes with 10 yes 10 men.In this time we created one chance after another and how we didn't score is a mystery.

Im not suggesting i'm happ with things but did anyone seriously think that we would go to the Emirates all out attack and win???

Like I say, I haven't seen it so difficult to comnent on how good or bad we were today but the press and pundits have all been pretty kind?

For me, its a big thing tht the players are all still with the manager. We have 3 very winnable games next and I honestly think we will do well, kick start our season and finish much closer to 12th... Something I dont think NW could do in a million years .

If after the next 3 games, we have peformed badly, I'll be the first to come back on here and admit I was wrong
hughes has to go on 22:34 - Oct 27 with 710 viewspaulparker

Clive villa are a team going nowhere, no money overated youth team, dressing room unrest
Liverpool = unpossible job

we have a good team, a good chairman, the only pressue is finishing in the top 10 with a good cup run(yeah i know) and playing good attacking football ,
if not arry then martinez fits the role

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

hughes has to go on 22:43 - Oct 27 with 698 viewsshrewranger

i've always been of the opinion that hughes needed time,but am losing faith rapidly.i had the same faith in warnock up til the sunderland home game last season.the time has come i'm afraid.
we should have gone out today and had a real go at a very poor arsenal side,we didn't and got nothing.mh was fearless and inspirational as a player and turned games with his prescence alone,he doesn't have these qualities as a manager.its one step forward and two steps back,not winning is a bad habit and something needs to change soon.
please tony..have a word with mr whelan.
hughes has to go on 01:15 - Oct 28 with 635 viewshamptonhillhoop

hughes has to go on 22:27 - Oct 27 by CHUBBS

If he honestly thinks this then we are in even worse bother.

"We were in total control, never under real pressure and they only created one chance when Cazorla ballooned the ball over the bar.

"We were making substitutions with a view to win the game because that was the extent of the control we thought we had. But the sending-off put us on the back foot, although even then I thought our response was magnificent and we had chances to win the game."

Shots
21 4
On target
11 3
Corners
5 2
Fouls
14 9
Possession 70% 30%
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Chubbs, did you go today? I was there and up until the sending off we were in no danger of losing, I felt completely calm and don't usually in those games. As soon as mbia went off we understandably panicked. All these people acting as if the world is coming to an end need to get a grip. I've said it before but the only time we've ended a season with the same manager as we started it with since holloway was warnock. What happened there then? Changing manager is not the way forward. I really despair sometimes. I don't know where a lot of people on these message boards are at matches because the people I speak to are quite reasonable
hughes has to go on 02:12 - Oct 28 with 621 viewsMelakaRanger

"All these people acting as if the world is coming to an end need to get a grip. I've said it before but the only time we've ended a season with the same manager as we started it with since holloway was warnock. What happened there then? Changing manager is not the way forward."

Indeed this is true but this is a results business. Hughes is not delivering the results. The majority of fans, me included, are still behind Hughes but he is running out of time and fast.

Whether you support Hughes or not I think we will all agree that we are now on a knifes edge.

Failure to win next week will, I predict, result in a fans backlash. Failure to beat Reading followed by failure to beat Southampton must result in the sack. If not the fans will not only turn against Hughes but Fernades too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024