Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hotel Help (Non QPR) 10:49 - Oct 24 with 888 viewsA40Bosh

Guys, Our family of five need to vacate our house next week (thankfully it is half term) as we will be without any water and heating for 2 days and the ground floor will be swimming around in screed.

Therefore we are thinking of trying to get a hotel to chill in for 2 nights, perhaps in the Cotswolds or the New Forest. As we are 2 adults and 3 kids it is proving difficult to find something that is not extortionate and I am going pie-eyed scrolling through trip-adviser.

Does any one have any genuine recommendations for a decent family friendly hotel outside the M25, swimming pool, gym(wont use it, just nice to know it has one!), nice area etc etc etc.

Any recommendations would be very appreciated.

With Thanks and Regards

Stressed Out of Ruislip

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 10:56 - Oct 24 with 877 viewsN12Hoop

Can often get good details at the Marriott's which are really nice hotels with, in many cases, great pools. We often do weekends with the kids there and they spend the whole time in the water: if they're happy, we're happy! Marriott Forest of Arden is particularly nice (near Leicester).

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 11:14 - Oct 24 with 860 viewsBlackCrowe

Calcot Manor is truly fab but at a price - though they may well do special deals at this time of year.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 11:29 - Oct 24 with 848 viewsWokingR

Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 11:14 - Oct 24 by BlackCrowe

Calcot Manor is truly fab but at a price - though they may well do special deals at this time of year.

Not at half term they won't
Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 11:40 - Oct 24 with 830 viewsbabygravy

Big Sleep hotel in Cheltenham. Very decently priced. I've stayed a few times especially last minute when I've got snowed in and couldn't get home.
Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 11:49 - Oct 24 with 816 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

Hilton Avisford Park near Arundel, Goodwood, Littlehampton, Fontwell Horse Racing (if you like a punt) and 30 mins from Portsmouth.

Decent hotel with Gym, Pools, Tennis, Golf etc
Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 12:11 - Oct 24 with 805 viewskingsburyR

Get a late deal at Centre Parcs - Elveden or Sherwood.

As long as you dont bolt on too many activities then it is resonable.

Bring your own food and drink, swimming is free till late into the evening etc.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 15:21 - Oct 24 with 719 viewsA40Bosh

Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 12:11 - Oct 24 by kingsburyR

Get a late deal at Centre Parcs - Elveden or Sherwood.

As long as you dont bolt on too many activities then it is resonable.

Bring your own food and drink, swimming is free till late into the evening etc.

Thanks for the responses guys - checking them out as we speak.

Unfortunately, well as as far as I can see from the CentreParcs website, there is no such thing as a "late deal" at CentreParcs in real terms as even with a week to go it is stil very expensive for my budget. 4 nights £1400, will have to pass on that.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 15:22 - Oct 24 with 716 viewsMatch82

Not sure if it exists in the UK, but there are a couple of sites which have sprung up in the US - AirBNB being one - which are basically people renting out their homes/flats for a period of time.

It's possible that this might get you something cheaper - i imagine there might be some availability with people going away for half term?
Login to get fewer ads

Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 15:52 - Oct 24 with 696 viewswombat

Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 15:21 - Oct 24 by A40Bosh

Thanks for the responses guys - checking them out as we speak.

Unfortunately, well as as far as I can see from the CentreParcs website, there is no such thing as a "late deal" at CentreParcs in real terms as even with a week to go it is stil very expensive for my budget. 4 nights £1400, will have to pass on that.

lastminute.com is a decent shout for hotels as well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 16:40 - Oct 24 with 666 viewsrunningman75

I have booked good deals with Hotel shop uk in the past.
Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 19:23 - Oct 24 with 609 viewsthame_hoops

Crowne plaza marlow is great, has pool, wii room, large rooms with 2 beds in, you'd probably all squeeze into 1 room if you put an air bed on floor? They have interjoining rooms too. Hotels.com have 10% off vouchers if you google
Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 09:14 - Oct 25 with 527 viewsA40Bosh

Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 19:23 - Oct 24 by thame_hoops

Crowne plaza marlow is great, has pool, wii room, large rooms with 2 beds in, you'd probably all squeeze into 1 room if you put an air bed on floor? They have interjoining rooms too. Hotels.com have 10% off vouchers if you google

Thanks Thame, will check it out.

Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 09:55 - Oct 25 with 509 viewsTW_R

Hotel Help (Non QPR) on 09:14 - Oct 25 by A40Bosh

Thanks Thame, will check it out.

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza at Heythrop Park (Chipping Norton) a couple of times. Quite nice, has a pool, gym, golf course etc.

Edit:- I can recommned a pub that does good food in a village called Churchill not too far away.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024