Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Keeper in January?? 12:21 - Aug 12 with 2458 viewsSomersetHoops

Rob Green is not doing much to convince the doubters in pre-season. If he continues at the error rate he has shown so far, once the season starts, we will be looking for a new keeper, and quick. I'm beginning to doubt if he's the best keeper we have already.

I said before he always looks half asleep to me and it does seem that he has problems with concentration. I hope he bucks up and gets with it, but if he doesn't its not a position where we can afford a weak link.

Who's Next?

New Keeper in January?? on 12:22 - Aug 12 with 2009 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

How many times have you been there at LR when he drops another clanger costing us points in the league....oh yeah, you haven't.

Give it a break at least until the season has started.
New Keeper in January?? on 12:25 - Aug 12 with 1995 viewskensalriser

I would have him put down - like we should have done with those other epic fail signings Paul Furlong, Shaun Derry and Clint Hill.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

New Keeper in January?? on 12:30 - Aug 12 with 1983 viewsbabygravy

New Keeper in January?? on 12:25 - Aug 12 by kensalriser

I would have him put down - like we should have done with those other epic fail signings Paul Furlong, Shaun Derry and Clint Hill.

This
New Keeper in January?? on 12:33 - Aug 12 with 1965 viewsloftboy

New Keeper in January?? on 12:22 - Aug 12 by Pablo_Hoopsta

How many times have you been there at LR when he drops another clanger costing us points in the league....oh yeah, you haven't.

Give it a break at least until the season has started.

This as well

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

New Keeper in January?? on 12:36 - Aug 12 with 1956 viewshoopstilidie

He's a good keeper who isn't perfect.
Had a bit of a shocker yesterday but I'm expecting him to firmly play his way into becoming a fan's favourite.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

New Keeper in January?? on 12:57 - Aug 12 with 1910 viewsSomersetHoops

New Keeper in January?? on 12:36 - Aug 12 by hoopstilidie

He's a good keeper who isn't perfect.
Had a bit of a shocker yesterday but I'm expecting him to firmly play his way into becoming a fan's favourite.

I really hope you are right and nobody is perfect, but seeing Hughes' comments after the game, I get the impression he is concerned about the number of silly goals we have let in pre-season, some of which were goalkeeping errors.

Who's Next?

New Keeper in January?? on 13:25 - Aug 12 with 1835 viewsPey

To be honest Green wasn't my personal first choice but now he is ours we should support him and not getting on his back right away.
Remind you every goalie has clangers its just a matter of importance what leads out due to the clanger.
A decisive goal or sending off as a worst result or having a clanger when your leading 3-0 it all makes a difference.

For me the back four and the goalie have to be one package and strongly rely on each other.
Therefore its important to have a leader in CB who coaches the other lads and decides how to defend situations.

New Keeper in January?? on 13:30 - Aug 12 with 1818 viewsCHUBBS

I really don't understand people getting in a panic over games that are practically meaningless.He can make as many cock ups in pre-season as he likes,as long as he does the business when it really matters.
Login to get fewer ads

New Keeper in January?? on 13:42 - Aug 12 with 1785 viewsSL4_Ranger

haha, this is truly ridiculous.
New Keeper in January?? on 13:46 - Aug 12 with 1774 viewsWatfordR

New Keeper in January?? on 13:42 - Aug 12 by SL4_Ranger

No Barton for a few months. Got to have someone to have a go at.
New Keeper in January?? on 13:55 - Aug 12 with 1753 viewsTheBlob

Somebody suggested I back Green "to the hilt"

Oooer.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

New Keeper in January?? on 14:26 - Aug 12 with 1712 viewsscot1963

New Keeper in January?? on 13:55 - Aug 12 by TheBlob

Somebody suggested I back Green "to the hilt"

Oooer.

that was a tongue in cheek comment in response to your less than positive attitude to Green - now he's ours he gets the backing (even if it has to be right up to your hilt )
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
New Keeper in January?? on 14:39 - Aug 12 with 1674 viewshoopstilidie

New Keeper in January?? on 14:26 - Aug 12 by scot1963

that was a tongue in cheek comment in response to your less than positive attitude to Green - now he's ours he gets the backing (even if it has to be right up to your hilt )
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I'm never averse to tongue in cheek, just depends on who's and which.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

New Keeper in January?? on 15:01 - Aug 12 with 1632 viewsGloucs_R

And LFW has hit a new low....

Poll: Are we staying up?

New Keeper in January?? on 15:02 - Aug 12 with 1626 viewsingeminate

If Green had had a brilliant pre-season people would be saying he looks looks really good.
As it happens he has had a prety abysmal pre-season really so some people are saying he doesn't look great.
I don't think it is an especially unreasonable thing to do.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

New Keeper in January?? on 15:04 - Aug 12 with 1621 viewsrsonist

New Keeper in January?? on 13:42 - Aug 12 by SL4_Ranger

It is, but Green's clangers so far have been truly frightening as well in fairness.
New Keeper in January?? on 15:11 - Aug 12 with 1591 viewsCiderwithRsie

New Keeper in January?? on 13:46 - Aug 12 by WatfordR

No Barton for a few months. Got to have someone to have a go at.

Good point. Instead of loaning Barton out, can we keep him as official scapegoat? He can be paraded before and after games for ritual abuse and anytime another player screws up he can tweet something so offensive that we'll all slag him off and get off the backs of the rest of the team.

C'mon Joey, tweet that you want Chelsea to win the Charity Shield and Green can get a decent night's rest.
New Keeper in January?? on 16:59 - Aug 12 with 1481 viewsantoknee64

Here`s a thought for you.
Joe hart has back injury and un-likely to appear for England`s freindly against Italy next week.
So who would like to guess if our Keeper will start
New Keeper in January?? on 19:07 - Aug 12 with 1354 viewsdaveB

I feel so stupid, I booked a holiday away and got back yesterday thinking the season started next week so i'd be back in time but it seems it's started already and Rob Green has been awful, how many did Swansdea beat us by in the end?
New Keeper in January?? on 19:33 - Aug 12 with 1312 viewsIrish_Hoop

New Keeper in January?? on 16:59 - Aug 12 by antoknee64

Here`s a thought for you.
Joe hart has back injury and un-likely to appear for England`s freindly against Italy next week.
So who would like to guess if our Keeper will start

Green isn't in the squad
New Keeper in January?? on 20:01 - Aug 12 with 1255 viewssmegma

I'll judge him in the premier league.The only place it matters.
New Keeper in January?? on 20:25 - Aug 12 with 1217 viewsEastR

New Keeper in January?? on 15:02 - Aug 12 by ingeminate

If Green had had a brilliant pre-season people would be saying he looks looks really good.
As it happens he has had a prety abysmal pre-season really so some people are saying he doesn't look great.
I don't think it is an especially unreasonable thing to do.

spot on

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

New Keeper in January?? on 20:31 - Aug 12 with 1205 viewsJamie

New Keeper in January?? on 20:36 - Aug 12 with 1196 viewsCiderwithRsie

New Keeper in January?? on 20:25 - Aug 12 by EastR

spot on

Not the same thing, though, really. Pre-season we're allowed wild optimism if anyone shows any half-decent form. Most years with QPR that's about the only time we can be optimistic before it all turns to ratshit before our eyes.

Getting worried by pre-season only makes sense if you actually enjoy a sense of gathering doom. Personally I've had enough to last a lifetime
New Keeper in January?? on 21:00 - Aug 12 with 1152 viewsEastR

New Keeper in January?? on 20:36 - Aug 12 by CiderwithRsie

Not the same thing, though, really. Pre-season we're allowed wild optimism if anyone shows any half-decent form. Most years with QPR that's about the only time we can be optimistic before it all turns to ratshit before our eyes.

Getting worried by pre-season only makes sense if you actually enjoy a sense of gathering doom. Personally I've had enough to last a lifetime

oh yeah, I forgot - Hogan to start next week as captain

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024