Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloody depressing article 19:09 - Aug 5 with 2940 viewstimcocking

http://www.footballdigest.org/2012/08/05/queens-park-rangers-building-a-team-des

Bloody depressing article on 19:14 - Aug 5 with 2319 viewsHayesender

Boring twaddle

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Bloody depressing article on 19:16 - Aug 5 with 2297 viewsLewes_r

Tbh i wouldnt listen to what my gooner mates have to say so why listen to some barcode fan who knows nothing about us and is assuming all the debt is being piled on the club?

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Bloody depressing article on 19:17 - Aug 5 with 2286 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Just some fûcking knobber on a blog, only been read because QPR are mentioned. Ignore this shïte.
Bloody depressing article on 19:32 - Aug 5 with 2228 viewsSL4_Ranger

Yet all the professional journalists say we are building a strong team set for a mid table finish. Who would you listen to?
Bloody depressing article on 19:35 - Aug 5 with 2199 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Depressing if true. But more sense written in the comments I reckon.

Especially like this one by qpr_leigh:

'f*ck your opinion.'

It's got to be Yarg

Bloody depressing article on 20:37 - Aug 5 with 2059 viewsSomersetHoops

Written by a Newcastle fan who thinks he knows everything about football, but unless he can show me his medals, his opinion is no better than anyone else's. Anyone on here will know more about QPR than he does.

Although there may be a small grain of concern in the number of players we have towards the end of their careers, I don't think this is a concern for this season and the new ones signed are not on long contracts AFAIK. I'm sure alongside the need to add experience to consolidate our position, there is a plan to scout for young players to progressively bring the average age down and add value to them. That is part of the long term plan and the reason we have added some of the top people to our scouting and player assessment backroom team. So in other words this bloke is talking Boll*cks.

Who's Next?

Bloody depressing article on 21:11 - Aug 5 with 1981 viewsNorthernr

Strange article, but not a lot of point getting stuck into the guy. He might be right. Let's wait and see.
Bloody depressing article on 21:14 - Aug 5 with 1970 viewsTacticalR

Rather ironic as a lot of people were writing off Newcastle as 'a team destined for failure', and now we have this guy deciding which other team is 'destined for failure'.

The most noticeable thing is the utter banality of his insights, such as that it's better to spend less rather than more.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Bloody depressing article on 21:27 - Aug 5 with 1915 viewsNorthernr

Bloody depressing article on 21:14 - Aug 5 by TacticalR

Rather ironic as a lot of people were writing off Newcastle as 'a team destined for failure', and now we have this guy deciding which other team is 'destined for failure'.

The most noticeable thing is the utter banality of his insights, such as that it's better to spend less rather than more.

Well to be fair I write about all other 19 teams on LFW when we come round to playing them, and slag a few of them off on the way. My Swansea preview next week isn't exactly complimentary about them. I don't see that QPR's performances should effect what I write about the other teams.

Agree about the banality of that piece though. It's yet another piece, and yet another website, that's trying to be a "thinking person's football analysis". There was the Arsenal blog referee thing earlier this summer as well. Look at how intelligent we are, look at how well we're analysing football. But I read so many of these and think a combination of...
a) you're not intelligent enough to pull this off
b) you're not writing for a purpose here. You've decided you want to write a piece about QPR, but you have no hook. You've got to have a purpose to write one of these pieces well, which is why sometimes it's quite a challenge to write the match previews for this site because sometimes the only interesting thing about our opposition is that we're playing them this weekend. Luckily I can just amuse myself by throwing beer stories and sex references in there in those cases.
c) this is boring
d) your research is awful

Coming back to our match preview for next week's game - I've had detailed reports done on their Spanish signings by a guy in Spain, we'll have an interview with a Swansea supporter, I reckon I sat and watched 12 of their matches last season in total either live or recorded. Bear minimum research. What's this Newcastle guy done on us other than have a quick look down our transfers (and missed out Diakite) and how old they are?
Bloody depressing article on 21:37 - Aug 5 with 1865 viewsSeth_Gecko

Stopped reading when I saw he was a Newcastle fan. Every Newcastle fan I've come into contact with has been a deluded c*nt.

Everybody be cool, you be cool...

Bloody depressing article on 21:41 - Aug 5 with 1847 viewsSomersetHoops

Bloody depressing article on 21:11 - Aug 5 by Northernr

Strange article, but not a lot of point getting stuck into the guy. He might be right. Let's wait and see.

Ye of little faith

Who's Next?

Bloody depressing article on 21:46 - Aug 5 with 1828 viewsNorthernr

Bloody depressing article on 21:41 - Aug 5 by SomersetHoops

Ye of little faith

Not at all, I think it's bolox and we'll be comfortably midtable and never in trouble. But he might be right, we won't know until it starts. When it starts, if we're all right, then seek his website out and call him up on it. Still panicking about that Trabzonspor goal?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Bloody depressing article on 21:53 - Aug 5 with 1798 viewsSomersetHoops

Bloody depressing article on 21:46 - Aug 5 by Northernr

Not at all, I think it's bolox and we'll be comfortably midtable and never in trouble. But he might be right, we won't know until it starts. When it starts, if we're all right, then seek his website out and call him up on it. Still panicking about that Trabzonspor goal?

Ok Norf you had me worried for a bit. I've got us down as 11th to finish where we are alphabetically now and with one more addition I think we have the team to do it. As I see it this season buys us the time to do the long to medium term business, but scouting and assessment staff can only work on what they have in their heads until play starts and they can start looking at players again.

Who's Next?

Bloody depressing article on 22:30 - Aug 5 with 1715 viewsTGRRRSSS

Bloody depressing article on 21:46 - Aug 5 by Northernr

He might be right, of course but there again he might be right if he said Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United MIGHT be relegated next season, it isn't very likely, and I wouldn't put as much as a penny on it, but it might as it stand on 5th August 2012 well happen.
We are far more likely to go down than thast of course but, you know what we won't.
Newcastle going to do less well this season methinks.
They will be down to 10th or so
Bloody depressing article on 22:43 - Aug 5 with 1674 viewsjonno

I get the impression this article was generated more by fear and jealousy. Fear that suddenly "little and harmless" QPR are now starting to become someone to be taken seriously and a threat to the likes of mid table teams like Newcastle instead of the relegation fodder which provides a buffer between them and the bottom part of the league table so keeps them comfortable all season. And jealousy that we are prepared, and have the resources to spend to bring in the players we want - it's noticeable that Hoilett was mentioned, a player that chose us over Newcastle themselves. On that basis, the whole thing is best ignored.
Bloody depressing article on 22:46 - Aug 5 with 1662 viewsLewes_r

Bloody depressing article on 22:43 - Aug 5 by jonno

I get the impression this article was generated more by fear and jealousy. Fear that suddenly "little and harmless" QPR are now starting to become someone to be taken seriously and a threat to the likes of mid table teams like Newcastle instead of the relegation fodder which provides a buffer between them and the bottom part of the league table so keeps them comfortable all season. And jealousy that we are prepared, and have the resources to spend to bring in the players we want - it's noticeable that Hoilett was mentioned, a player that chose us over Newcastle themselves. On that basis, the whole thing is best ignored.

Yeah most barcodes must be indignant that hoilett chose little old us over them, the biggest club in the world with the bestest fans.. How would you like those grapes? Sour?

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Bloody depressing article on 23:10 - Aug 5 with 1601 viewsTacticalR

Bloody depressing article on 21:27 - Aug 5 by Northernr

Well to be fair I write about all other 19 teams on LFW when we come round to playing them, and slag a few of them off on the way. My Swansea preview next week isn't exactly complimentary about them. I don't see that QPR's performances should effect what I write about the other teams.

Agree about the banality of that piece though. It's yet another piece, and yet another website, that's trying to be a "thinking person's football analysis". There was the Arsenal blog referee thing earlier this summer as well. Look at how intelligent we are, look at how well we're analysing football. But I read so many of these and think a combination of...
a) you're not intelligent enough to pull this off
b) you're not writing for a purpose here. You've decided you want to write a piece about QPR, but you have no hook. You've got to have a purpose to write one of these pieces well, which is why sometimes it's quite a challenge to write the match previews for this site because sometimes the only interesting thing about our opposition is that we're playing them this weekend. Luckily I can just amuse myself by throwing beer stories and sex references in there in those cases.
c) this is boring
d) your research is awful

Coming back to our match preview for next week's game - I've had detailed reports done on their Spanish signings by a guy in Spain, we'll have an interview with a Swansea supporter, I reckon I sat and watched 12 of their matches last season in total either live or recorded. Bear minimum research. What's this Newcastle guy done on us other than have a quick look down our transfers (and missed out Diakite) and how old they are?

I can see this blogging game isn't as easy as it looks. Fortunately everyone on this site is intelligent, and would never indulge in the evil of banality

I see you are judging these lesser ('and I mean no disrespect') blogs with a professional eye.

Looking forward to your Swansea preview. For me it is a big help in negotiating the ups and downs of fooball to understand the oppo.

Air hostess clique

Bloody depressing article on 23:49 - Aug 5 with 1542 viewshighleverhoopL

If our new overaged players do as well as our old overaged players - Hill, Derry & Helguson- I will be happy.
Bloody depressing article on 00:42 - Aug 6 with 1487 viewskensalriser

Bloody depressing article on 19:16 - Aug 5 by Lewes_r

Tbh i wouldnt listen to what my gooner mates have to say so why listen to some barcode fan who knows nothing about us and is assuming all the debt is being piled on the club?

Where do you think the debt is going, then?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bloody depressing article on 08:54 - Aug 6 with 1328 viewsQPRski

We really should not get excited by such articles.

I am a big fan of the correct blend and of both youth and experience. Key is the overall team performace and spirit. I think that we are buliding this in our "squad".

May I remind you that the 1st eleven of our glorious team in 75-76 had an average age of 28, with the oldest 5 averaging over 30. OK, Frank Mc Lintock raised the average by playing centre back at 36! The other experienced players were Webb, Masson, Holllins ans Leach. The youngest were Thomas and Gillard at 25. They performed ok and suprised quite a few along the way.

I think we already had a good team at the end of last season capable of at least 10 more points (47) is it were able to re-run that season again. We have since already added quality, exerience and youth to the team (and are still awaiting for our "experienced" and strong CB!)

As for the board. I am sure that they know what they are doing. (I think for them key was staying up last season which we did by the skin on our teeth.)

Enjoy the Olympic, the summer, Clives pre season reviews and "relax & enjoy".
I will!!!
Bloody depressing article on 08:57 - Aug 6 with 1318 viewsPommyhoop

Crap article.Just a padded out version of posts seen on Cottage Corner and The Pinkun.In a word .Jealousy

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Bloody depressing article on 09:09 - Aug 6 with 1295 viewsadhoc_qpr

You can do the same for any club though and spin things how you want to!

For example i could write an article saying Mike Ashley's approach to wages and transfers is costing Newcastle the chance to cement a place in the top 5. This summer they have missed out on top targets including Douglas, Vurnon Anita, Debusey, Junior Hoillet and Andy Carroll due to the penny pinching of the owner etc etc
Bloody depressing article on 09:27 - Aug 6 with 1255 viewsjamois

I'm not too worried about the article. But then I read in West London Sport (usually reliable) that we really are chasing Arshavin and you wonder if there's something to it. Lack of application, over age and over paid = worrying signs would surely apply here.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Bloody depressing article on 10:24 - Aug 6 with 1177 viewsTonto

Does he have a point about buying over 30s? yes it bothers me too.

But the conclusion he comes to is far from logical. Its only destined for failure if we throw our last £x million at such a player. Fortuately we have owners with very deep pockets.

plus it was very obvious last year we had zero strength in depth. We have provided experience and depth to our squad. Without breaking the bank on trasnfer fees (just on wages).

So I would say - has a point but illogical conclusion. Which is basically wot Clive said.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Bloody depressing article on 11:49 - Aug 6 with 1109 viewstimcocking

We're obviously all feeling fairly optimistic, it's clearly the strongest squad we've had for ages.

I must say, though, that in this modern age, there is no doubt that a player's desire and hunger to play and give 100% is an extremely important factor which is no longer a given. Look at Jamie Mackie and compare to certain other less motivated players (onesize?). We have possibly signed too many ageing players with little to prove and an astronomical bank balance for my liking. Will the likes of Bobby Zamora or Andy Johnson fight to the death for us? I hope so, but only time will tell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024