Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Kit available at Sports Direct 10:16 - Jul 24 with 7649 viewsboobishabang

For those who want to buy the new kit for the upcoming season, for kids etc. take a look on sports direct, way cheaper than through the Offish.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/football-shirts/premier-league-football-shirts/queen
New Kit available at Sports Direct on 13:11 - Jul 25 with 1683 viewsdanehoop

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 13:01 - Jul 25 by Konk

What's embarrassing about the 'neutral' stand? Couple of blocks split between home fans, day-trippers and away fans when the need demands. Really not sure that's anymore embarrassing than having a couple of less-popular home blocks that get full of day-trippers and awat fans as happens at plenty of grounds. We've just named it 'neutral' to allow us to sell tickets up to kick-off. Clever and there have been no problems at all - everyone seems to be able to behave themselves.

As for the statue - I'd rather not have it, but it's stuck out of the way and I've never seen it, so it doesn't bother me at all.

Big meeting at Hammersmith Town Hall, tomorrow night, to look at our application to redevelop the Riverside. If that gets the go-ahead, I really can't see us moving away under Al Fayed and certainly not to some 45k stadium miles from Fulham.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

just wonder how much longer you will have the phoney pharoah though? Harrods money no longer coming into to subsidise you via carribean tax havens. No sign of any real business and signings this season. Just think this might a tough season for you guys. If Dempsey goes then could be squeaky bum time.

Never knowingly understood

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 13:13 - Jul 25 with 1681 viewsRedbourneR

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 12:10 - Jul 25 by Konk

The neutral stand is a clever way of getting round restrictions on ticket sales that ensures we pretty much sell-out every week.

I think Michael Jackson was a troubled oddbod who denied a childhood of his own, engaged in innappropriate behaviour with kids, but I don't believe he was a peadophile. Would you settle out of court if someone had abused your kids? Have them 'stay over' with a middle-aged bloke after he'd already been to court and paid out £m's out-of-court to avoid previous cases?

If you get a 45,000 stadium, you'll have more tourists/empty seats in your ground than we could ever manage.

There's only one reason why you give alcohol to underage kids you're not related to and it's not nice.
New Kit available at Sports Direct on 13:37 - Jul 25 with 1666 viewsKonk

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 13:13 - Jul 25 by RedbourneR

There's only one reason why you give alcohol to underage kids you're not related to and it's not nice.

If you thought someone had sexually abused your kids would you want to see them in prison or settle for a few million out of court? Would you have your kids having 'sleep overs' with a middle-aged bloke?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 13:38 - Jul 25 with 1662 viewshoopstilidie

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 13:37 - Jul 25 by Konk

If you thought someone had sexually abused your kids would you want to see them in prison or settle for a few million out of court? Would you have your kids having 'sleep overs' with a middle-aged bloke?

No accounting for what some people will do for money.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 13:43 - Jul 25 with 1656 viewsKonk

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 13:11 - Jul 25 by danehoop

just wonder how much longer you will have the phoney pharoah though? Harrods money no longer coming into to subsidise you via carribean tax havens. No sign of any real business and signings this season. Just think this might a tough season for you guys. If Dempsey goes then could be squeaky bum time.

I don't think Al Fayed is shy of a few bob, seeing as he presumably made a few quid when selling Harrod's for £1.5bn. I think he's probably got enough money to keep topping things up as and when it's deemed necessary. Think we've made a profit the past couple of years, so we're doing okay on the route we've chosen to follow.

As for our signings - I would imagine everything depends on what happens with Dempsey and Dembele. If either or both of them go, then obviously I'd expect us to be busy in the market. Otherwise, well, we need a new CF, which there are rumours about and Jol has suggested we'll play the game at a higher tempo this season, in which case, we might not need a direct replacement for Murphy.

We start every season hoping to stay-up, and I'm aways delighted with midtable. No different this year, but I'd hope we'd finish away from any real threat of relegation.

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 13:47 - Jul 25 with 1648 viewsKonk

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 13:38 - Jul 25 by hoopstilidie

No accounting for what some people will do for money.

Okay, but I can't imagine or conceive of a situation whereby a parent whose child had been molested, would be happy to take a massive payout and leave their child's abuser to avoid a conviction and keep on re-offending.

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 15:50 - Jul 25 with 1618 viewsRedbourneR

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 13:47 - Jul 25 by Konk

Okay, but I can't imagine or conceive of a situation whereby a parent whose child had been molested, would be happy to take a massive payout and leave their child's abuser to avoid a conviction and keep on re-offending.

I agree with you, I couldn't either, but I suppose if you weigh up a large pay-off against the trauma for your child of appearing in court against the kind of lawyers someone like Jackson could afford, no matter how 'protected' by the court the child would be, you might go for the cash deal.
We don't know the truth of it of course.
New Kit available at Sports Direct on 15:57 - Jul 25 with 1609 viewsKonk

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 15:50 - Jul 25 by RedbourneR

I agree with you, I couldn't either, but I suppose if you weigh up a large pay-off against the trauma for your child of appearing in court against the kind of lawyers someone like Jackson could afford, no matter how 'protected' by the court the child would be, you might go for the cash deal.
We don't know the truth of it of course.

Money wouldn't even enter my thought process if I thought someone had abused my kid. Having seen the way Jackson threw his money around when he was alive it's not difficult to imagine him being prepared to shell out a few million to spare him the shame/discomfort of appearing in court, whether guilty or not. I think you need to ask massive questions of the loving parents who were happy for their kids to repeatedly stop over at the house of a grown man and notorious oddbod. All guesswork, but my hunch is an obviously weird and childlike bloke, but probably not some predator.

Login to get fewer ads

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 16:58 - Jul 25 with 1593 viewsdaveB

i can't see Fulham ever moving from the Cottage, i thought they would when they moved in with us but after they went back and look like they can add a few more thousand seats on the current stadium it would be madness to think about moving.

I don't mind Fulham, they annoyed me when we played them but that's the same with most London clubs who beat us, we have a lot in common with them
New Kit available at Sports Direct on 17:09 - Jul 25 with 1583 viewsRangersw12

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 16:58 - Jul 25 by daveB

i can't see Fulham ever moving from the Cottage, i thought they would when they moved in with us but after they went back and look like they can add a few more thousand seats on the current stadium it would be madness to think about moving.

I don't mind Fulham, they annoyed me when we played them but that's the same with most London clubs who beat us, we have a lot in common with them

Its not guaranteed they will get planning permission to increase the capacity at CC and when Fayed leaves/dies who knows what could happen

I actually like Fulham as well they are a well run club and there proper fans who remember the dark days are very similar to our own
New Kit available at Sports Direct on 17:15 - Jul 25 with 1575 viewsnadera78

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 13:43 - Jul 25 by Konk

I don't think Al Fayed is shy of a few bob, seeing as he presumably made a few quid when selling Harrod's for £1.5bn. I think he's probably got enough money to keep topping things up as and when it's deemed necessary. Think we've made a profit the past couple of years, so we're doing okay on the route we've chosen to follow.

As for our signings - I would imagine everything depends on what happens with Dempsey and Dembele. If either or both of them go, then obviously I'd expect us to be busy in the market. Otherwise, well, we need a new CF, which there are rumours about and Jol has suggested we'll play the game at a higher tempo this season, in which case, we might not need a direct replacement for Murphy.

We start every season hoping to stay-up, and I'm aways delighted with midtable. No different this year, but I'd hope we'd finish away from any real threat of relegation.

Just to point out that al Fayed doesn't have 1.5billion. He never owned Harrods himself, it was bought with other people's money and when he sold it the money went to them. He was just a front man, had been all of his life. At some point he'll want the money back.

That said, I do think Fulham are a generally well run club. Even if you do have a 'more than average' number of annoying fans.
New Kit available at Sports Direct on 17:20 - Jul 25 with 1570 viewsKonk

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 17:09 - Jul 25 by Rangersw12

Its not guaranteed they will get planning permission to increase the capacity at CC and when Fayed leaves/dies who knows what could happen

I actually like Fulham as well they are a well run club and there proper fans who remember the dark days are very similar to our own

The council are supportive of our plans and we now have a lot more local support than we've had in the recent past when making planning requests (which again, the council have sanctioned) I think we'll go to 30,000 and that will do us fine.

As for Al Fayed no longer being around - anything could happen - would have thought there would be a few buyers for an established Premier League club playing in a pictureque spot in West London, though. Personally, assuming his son is interested and capable, I'd be happy to have us remain in their family. They've been good guardians to date.

Forgetting all the gobby youngsters and ones who don't know their history, your average long term Fulham fan is no different to your average Rangers fan in my experience.

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 17:27 - Jul 25 with 1562 viewsRangersw12

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 17:20 - Jul 25 by Konk

The council are supportive of our plans and we now have a lot more local support than we've had in the recent past when making planning requests (which again, the council have sanctioned) I think we'll go to 30,000 and that will do us fine.

As for Al Fayed no longer being around - anything could happen - would have thought there would be a few buyers for an established Premier League club playing in a pictureque spot in West London, though. Personally, assuming his son is interested and capable, I'd be happy to have us remain in their family. They've been good guardians to date.

Forgetting all the gobby youngsters and ones who don't know their history, your average long term Fulham fan is no different to your average Rangers fan in my experience.

I thought the residents around CC were kicking up a stink regarding the redevelopment ?

Also what will happen in the future with the Putney end, as isn't it a temp building and will need to be replaced in a few years ?

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 17:27 - Jul 25 with 1562 viewsKonk

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 17:15 - Jul 25 by nadera78

Just to point out that al Fayed doesn't have 1.5billion. He never owned Harrods himself, it was bought with other people's money and when he sold it the money went to them. He was just a front man, had been all of his life. At some point he'll want the money back.

That said, I do think Fulham are a generally well run club. Even if you do have a 'more than average' number of annoying fans.

I know not all that money would have gone into Al Fayed's pockets - my point was that he'll have made a few bob out of it - enough I'd have thought to keep lobbing us the odd tenner every now and then when the need arises. And it's not as if he didn't have any money before that sale.

Call me naive, but he's in his eighties, he's not shy of a few quid, he's loved down at Fulham and has become part of the furniture, so I have a hunch that he'll look to protect that legacy. His son Karim plays for our Deaf team and has being going down to The Cottage since he was young - he's just been appointed Vice-Chairman, so hopefully that's with one eye on a post-MAF Fulham.

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 17:36 - Jul 25 with 1552 viewsKonk

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 17:27 - Jul 25 by Rangersw12

I thought the residents around CC were kicking up a stink regarding the redevelopment ?

Also what will happen in the future with the Putney end, as isn't it a temp building and will need to be replaced in a few years ?

It's mainly one of the Sailing clubs who have opposed every development that's ever taken place. There are also a fair few local residents who apparently didn't notice the 133 year old football club at the bottom of their street when they bought their houses. It's nowhere near as organised as local opposition has been, and because quite a lot of local residents/wealthy blokes in chinos, now come down to Fulham with their kids, there are more local supporters of the redevelopment that there would have been 10-15-20 years ago. The council are inclined to give us the go-ahead, it opens up the Thames Path on the North bank for the first time in, well, since the Cottage was built etc, so there's an obvious benefit to people in the Borough and beyond. Plus the impact it will have on local pubs, shops etc and all the community work the club do locally. Fingers crossed, but I think we should get it.

As for Hammersmith and Putney ends - they're technically 'temporary' structures, but no one seems able to agree on how long they're intended to be in use for - suggestions of between 15-25 years and then a review, perhaps? If we do replace them, we'd be able to stick in decent facilities and really milk the corporate side of things, but my guess is they wouldn't be redeveloped until it was necessary/we paid for the new Riverside.

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 09:18 - Jul 27 with 1438 viewsKonk

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 12:22 - Jul 25 by Rangersw12

The neutral stand is an embarrassment fella however much you like to dress it up and so is the statue

As for us having a 45k stadium I will believe it when I see it to be honest and if we do I bet you will be sharing it with us !

Just a little update, but the council granted us planning permission to redevelop the Riverside last night - any appeal is expected to fail. That'll give us a 30,000 capacity, which most of us are very comfortable with, and does signal Al Fayed's intention to keep us at the Cottage at least in the medium term as the stand is likely to be finished in 2-3 years time (they're building around the existing stand, so capacity shouldn' drop much or at all during the build). If we were looking to come in with you, I doubt we'd be looking at spending £20m or whatever on the new stand in the interim.

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 09:32 - Jul 27 with 1426 viewsRangersw12

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 09:18 - Jul 27 by Konk

Just a little update, but the council granted us planning permission to redevelop the Riverside last night - any appeal is expected to fail. That'll give us a 30,000 capacity, which most of us are very comfortable with, and does signal Al Fayed's intention to keep us at the Cottage at least in the medium term as the stand is likely to be finished in 2-3 years time (they're building around the existing stand, so capacity shouldn' drop much or at all during the build). If we were looking to come in with you, I doubt we'd be looking at spending £20m or whatever on the new stand in the interim.

That's good news for you lot so will you give away fans more tickets as the capacity is going up ?

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 10:09 - Jul 27 with 1415 viewsKonk

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 09:32 - Jul 27 by Rangersw12

That's good news for you lot so will you give away fans more tickets as the capacity is going up ?

Not sure if that's a dig or not! I'm not sure how it's going to be configured, but I think the idea was that there would be access to/from the Putney End and Riverside from behind the Putney End, so policing considerations might influence whether the away section moves towards the Cottage or not, although as we've had no problem with a couple of mixed 'neutral' blocks, I don't think that'll be a big issue. I guess we might lose the neutral section and give the whole end to away fans when there was demand, until we could fill the extra 4,000 seats with home fans or not-ars ed-either-way day-trippers.

Cost will probably be an issue as the Riverside is already far more expensive than the Putney End, so the increasing number of Fulham who sit in P1 and P2 are unlikely to want to find an extra £300+ for season-tickets or £20+ for some games.

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 12:44 - Jul 27 with 1383 viewsRangersw12

New Kit available at Sports Direct on 10:09 - Jul 27 by Konk

Not sure if that's a dig or not! I'm not sure how it's going to be configured, but I think the idea was that there would be access to/from the Putney End and Riverside from behind the Putney End, so policing considerations might influence whether the away section moves towards the Cottage or not, although as we've had no problem with a couple of mixed 'neutral' blocks, I don't think that'll be a big issue. I guess we might lose the neutral section and give the whole end to away fans when there was demand, until we could fill the extra 4,000 seats with home fans or not-ars ed-either-way day-trippers.

Cost will probably be an issue as the Riverside is already far more expensive than the Putney End, so the increasing number of Fulham who sit in P1 and P2 are unlikely to want to find an extra £300+ for season-tickets or £20+ for some games.

I would never have a dig about the Whites

Just had a look at the designs and it looks very impressive , it also looks like that with the height of the new stand you could upgrade the whole stadium to fit so could potentially will look superb if and when it’s all finished.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024