Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know we're only just into October, but . . . 22:50 - Oct 1 with 4860 viewsstainrods_elbow

it's not looking very good, is it?

20th in the table (we could be in the bottom three after tomorrow night's games), still only 1 win in 8, and only Cardiff have conceded more.

The irritating absence of JCS, who, like Colback, seems to have picked up one of those 'minor' knocks that then keeps our players indefinitely, certainly isn't helping, but some of our defending tonight bordered on professional incompetence.

Dembele faded badly again, Frey never got into the game in the first place, Santos looked like an amateur, Celar mostly played like he's forgotten everything he ever learned about being a CF, and even Ilias' cameo was a non-event.

So, apart from the fact that our defence seems to have gone AWOL, our midfield can be played through like Moses and the Red Sea, and we can't score from open play, everything in Marti's garden is rosy.

For me, only Saito and Nardi came out of that with a modicum of credit, and looked like professional players. And don't get me started on Sam 'Teflon' Field!

And this was Hull! Hull!

Hand on heart, even if some players 'bed in' a bit better, do you really feel this squad is strong, coherent and 'tight' enough to be consistently competitive in this league this season?

In the words of Nick Cave,'where's my nurse? I need some healing!'
[Post edited 1 Oct 22:58]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 22:55 - Oct 1 with 3975 viewsQPRConor2000

It's very early days in the season.

I personally don't normally read anything into the league table until December time, but it does feel like we are very disjointed at the moment.

I don't think the injuries to JCS and Colback have helped us.

I knew that this was going to be a transitional year for us, but things arnt quite right atm
I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 23:10 - Oct 1 with 3886 viewsManinBlack

If you cannot win your home games then you will be in trouble in any league. This is the third season now where we are struggling. Different players and managers in this period and the poor home form keeps rolling on. It is sobering to think Ainsworth picked up two away wins in the first 8 games a year ago and we had to sack him to stay up. A year on and one win in the first 8 games is a slightly worse start.
I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 23:20 - Oct 1 with 3789 viewscolinallcars

Who's Nick Cave ?
I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 23:27 - Oct 1 with 3743 viewsstainrods_elbow

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 23:20 - Oct 1 by colinallcars

Who's Nick Cave ?

O dear - do you not listen to (great) music?

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 23:41 - Oct 1 with 3655 viewsbaz_qpr

I think the OP is a tad over the top. First 20 minutes we should have scored, their keeper made a couple of saves, they got luck with how the first goal fell and Frey was slow to come out and block (he looked off the pace from the start assuming might be ill) Hull has a boorish start drawing with Plymouth and Millwall losing to Sheff Utd and Leeds but smashed Stoke and Cardiff in their last two games so tales would be up. We've looked susceptible at short corners in the last two games. Fantastic pen gets us back in the game and 2nd half again on top for a while.

Santos got absolutely mauled throughout the game was surprised to see him come out 2nd half. Smyth absolutely terrible when he came on. Fell apart a bit at the end.

I thought Field, Dunne and Paal had particularly poor games, I really dont like Dunne at LCB.

I have to be honest I am less than convinced with Nardi he's good one on one but I think he is a big part of the problem with the defence because he does not command the 6 yard box so the whole team is 3 or 4 yards deeper.

I dont think we are getting the rub of the green at the moment another day Saito scores twice and its game over. Every ricochet fell to them, when they fell over they somehow recovered the ball. Ref blew up for head injury when we were about to score. Dont think Nardi made a save until after they had scored the 3rd.

Ultimately I think we have too many "green" players in the team at the moment and I would be looking to get Fox back in Dunne back out to RB and Chair to at least start on Saturday. We need some experienced heads and to probably grind one out against Derby
I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 02:36 - Oct 2 with 3421 viewsDannyPaddox

I know we're only a day into Stoptober but could Stainrod's Arsedust & Dumpty Numpty consolidate their scheißfest of pointlessness into one pointless vomity stollen of vomity stollen.
I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 05:57 - Oct 2 with 3168 viewsstainrods_elbow

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 02:36 - Oct 2 by DannyPaddox

I know we're only a day into Stoptober but could Stainrod's Arsedust & Dumpty Numpty consolidate their scheißfest of pointlessness into one pointless vomity stollen of vomity stollen.

I actually enjoy a nice slice of Stollen in October. With some cheese and a thimble of port wine.
[Post edited 2 Oct 6:04]

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 06:58 - Oct 2 with 2923 viewsoldmeadoniansR

We will be ok. Mid table at season end. Unlucky and unclinical last night. Not a good combo. Will come good.
Login to get fewer ads

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 07:49 - Oct 2 with 2789 viewsLblock

As I said last night

There are serious legitimate concerns

Celar has maybe 2 more games before his credit is burned and will be labelled a flop. He looks lost, unhappy, scared and, quite frankly, useless.
So we’ve decided, yet again, to go into the season with one striker and, even worse than last season, forwards with no pace.

Centre midfield lacks any bite (bar Field to a degree) and has zero pace or robustness.
Anderson is an absolute joke and really does need to be moved on in January. He’s totally shot and getting worse week on week

Dembele seems to be regressing into a shell. Do we actually know how or where to use him effectively??

The defence seem more concerned about knocking the ball to each other and forgetting about doing job number one and putting a bit about the opposition.
How many seasons do we have to endure people having the time and space to pick their spot from 22 yards? Get out and in peoples faces and close space down FFS!!!!
We feel like a really fragile squad back there

Keeper for me is the only successful signing so far but the shots on target conversion is becoming a concern

So in summary big questions and, heresy that it is, Marti’s approach to picking sides with Anderson and Madsen as starters need to be queried.
People think it’s Chair to the rescue but my God he looked rusty in his cameo. To be expected

So 10pm Wednesday we are looking like possibly 4th or 3rd bottom with about a fifth of the season gone.
I’ll panic when I’m told I’m allowed to but for now my mood is …… concerned of Ealing

So yes… it is only October but games come at you thick n fast and we’re rattling through them and looking worse with each passing one.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 08:24 - Oct 2 with 2643 viewspaulparker

Unlike last year I’m struggling to think of 3 really bad teams in this league

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 08:42 - Oct 2 with 2592 viewsBluce_Ree

We will be fine. Marti will not be denied. Fk all other teams in this league, and this league, and this sport. We're just giving those bitches a head start before our undeniable rise to 15th in the table.

Hull will rue the day when we show up at their place later in the season and serve up lashings of hooped dick all up in their chops.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 21:13 - Oct 2 with 2149 viewsperpignanR

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 08:24 - Oct 2 by paulparker

Well pompey might be one. Getting bumgobbed at stoke. 6-1 down after an hour.
I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 21:30 - Oct 2 with 2078 viewsGaryT

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 21:13 - Oct 2 by perpignanR

Portsmouth have had a tough run of fixtures and this looked on paper the easiest of them all. I even had them down for a cheeky 0-1 win in the prediction comp, oops.
I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 21:36 - Oct 2 with 2024 viewsdaveB

We said that last year and ended up being about 8 really bad ones
I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 21:38 - Oct 2 with 1997 viewsLoyalitat

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 21:13 - Oct 2 by perpignanR

I'll reserve judgement on that until after we have played them at home later on this month.
I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 21:41 - Oct 2 with 1968 viewsGaryT

With Preston and Stoke pulling big wins out of their arse we are back in the bottom three but the 6 teams above us are only a point ahead. Now that Chair is back and JCS and Colback to follow, I think we'll be alright but it will be a slog.
I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 21:42 - Oct 2 with 1964 viewscolinallcars

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 23:27 - Oct 1 by stainrods_elbow

O dear - do you not listen to (great) music?

I do listen to (great) music.

Who's Nick Cave ?

Sorry mate, couldn't resist !
I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 21:49 - Oct 2 with 1903 viewsLogman

I think confidence has a large part to play with this squad. We are looking at a mere handful of players who are hardened to the rigours of the Championship. We can only work with the cards that we have been dealt until January. Need to keep faith in the newbies. You can see that they are trying, even Celar when he came on, he showed good character and Saito looked gutted at the end. These players are not selling us too short.
I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 21:54 - Oct 2 with 1875 viewscolinallcars

I think some of us got carried away with the talk of a top six finish etc. not too surprising after results like home to Leeds.

I think all but one of the incoming players were free?

I think there's been a reality check.
I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 22:04 - Oct 2 with 1814 viewsLblock

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 21:54 - Oct 2 by colinallcars

I think some of us got carried away with the talk of a top six finish etc. not too surprising after results like home to Leeds.

I think all but one of the incoming players were free?

I think there's been a reality check.

Talk of the top six was madness

Mind you, would’ve said the same to Blackburn Rovers fans if they’d said same about themselves

Fact alert — this is a horrible slog of a League. To stay clear of trouble for a whole season you need players built for it. You also need the whole club on the same page with round pegs in round holes.

Right now I’ve no idea what’ll happen but it’s a safe bet we won’t be top half

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 22:05 - Oct 2 with 1798 viewsPaddyhoops

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 05:57 - Oct 2 by stainrods_elbow

I actually enjoy a nice slice of Stollen in October. With some cheese and a thimble of port wine.
[Post edited 2 Oct 6:04]

Little tip . Waitrose do a cracking little 6 pack of stollens around Christmas time .
Just saying .
I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 22:06 - Oct 2 with 1794 viewsBoston

Rangers

Park

Queens

Sorry, it's Stainrod's Elbows list.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 22:36 - Oct 3 with 1144 viewsnumptydumpty

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 02:36 - Oct 2 by DannyPaddox

What have I said that's not right Paddox

Have not been that critical of team at all

Avoided this forum for a few days after the Hull game.

Personally think there are green shoots and we have to stick with the plan long term

No idea why you singling out myself !!!!!!!

Perhaps I should change my username as it suggests I am rather lacking !!!
[Post edited 3 Oct 22:38]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 22:40 - Oct 3 with 1127 viewsqpr_1968

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 22:36 - Oct 3 by numptydumpty

What have I said that's not right Paddox

Have not been that critical of team at all

Avoided this forum for a few days after the Hull game.

Personally think there are green shoots and we have to stick with the plan long term

No idea why you singling out myself !!!!!!!

Perhaps I should change my username as it suggests I am rather lacking !!!
[Post edited 3 Oct 22:38]

to be fair numpty, stainrods arsehole got a roasting as well.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 22:48 - Oct 3 with 1105 viewsnumptydumpty

I know we're only just into October, but . . . on 22:40 - Oct 3 by qpr_1968

to be fair numpty, stainrods arsehole got a roasting as well.

Stainrods elbow posts deliberately negative and provocative posts always just to try and wind people up. He enjoys his notoriety.

I try to just assess the game as I see it. I am generally happy with our progress. The results will come.

But if Paddox has that view then hey ho. I don't remember generally how others post unless they are deliberately bear baiting.

Such is life
[Post edited 3 Oct 22:49]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024