Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk 12:48 - Sep 4 with 1705 viewsvjay48

How much longer can he last at Cambridge,got job after being out of work for 3 years, win ratio less than 12%.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Gary Monk on 12:52 - Sep 4 with 1696 viewsDr_Winston

I'd forgotten that he was there. Going about as well as you'd expect then.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gary Monk on 14:50 - Sep 4 with 1543 viewsWingstandwood

The bloke is an impostor wherever he goes, ditto Pep Clotet who seems to be going for a world record. There again it looks like people have finally looked at his CV? Hence why he has not stolen a living since 2023.

1998–2001 Igualada (youth)
2001–2003 Cornellà
2004–2006 Espanyol (youth)
2006 Figueres
2008–2009 Espanyol (youth)
2009 Espanyol B
2011 Halmstad
2012–2013 Atlético Malagueño
2013 -2015 Swansea City
2016 -2017 Leeds United
2017–2018 Oxford United
2019–2020 Birmingham City
2021 Brescia
2021–2022 SPAL
2022 Brescia
2023 Brescia
2023 Torpedo Moscow

Argus!

Gary Monk on 15:05 - Sep 4 with 1519 viewsGVJack

Don't understand the animosity towards Monk at all. He was a great leader for us, and formed formidable partnerships at the heart of our defence, coming back from a couple of serious injuries too. He wasn't successful with us as a manger I get it (tell me.one manager who has been since), but I no doubt he gave it 100% as he did on the field as he cared for us so much.

He's struggled in management, some ex players do, but as someone I respect massively I take no joy in seeing it and wish him all the best for the future.
Gary Monk on 15:10 - Sep 4 with 1514 viewsDr_Winston

Gary Monk on 15:05 - Sep 4 by GVJack

Don't understand the animosity towards Monk at all. He was a great leader for us, and formed formidable partnerships at the heart of our defence, coming back from a couple of serious injuries too. He wasn't successful with us as a manger I get it (tell me.one manager who has been since), but I no doubt he gave it 100% as he did on the field as he cared for us so much.

He's struggled in management, some ex players do, but as someone I respect massively I take no joy in seeing it and wish him all the best for the future.

I think it's more the sneaky underhanded way in which he undermined two separate managers to further his own grievances, then conned his way into a job he was entirely unqualified for as our head coach, eventually destroying ten years worth of hard work in his efforts to prove himself smarter than the man who tried to get shot of him.

If he'd gone when Laudrup tried to move him on then most would admire his legacy as a player. Monk the coach and man has whizzed all over it. The architect of his own downfall.
[Post edited 4 Sep 15:12]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gary Monk on 15:12 - Sep 4 with 1507 viewsGVJack

Fair enough. I'm not in receipt of all the facts regarding that situation
Gary Monk on 15:29 - Sep 4 with 1475 viewsWhiterockin

Gary Monk on 15:10 - Sep 4 by Dr_Winston

I think it's more the sneaky underhanded way in which he undermined two separate managers to further his own grievances, then conned his way into a job he was entirely unqualified for as our head coach, eventually destroying ten years worth of hard work in his efforts to prove himself smarter than the man who tried to get shot of him.

If he'd gone when Laudrup tried to move him on then most would admire his legacy as a player. Monk the coach and man has whizzed all over it. The architect of his own downfall.

Spot on.
Gary Monk on 15:35 - Sep 4 with 1453 viewsWingstandwood

Gary Monk on 15:10 - Sep 4 by Dr_Winston

Add to that his highly questionable track record. I guess '2024- Cambridge United' will NOT go beyond 2024.

2014–2015 Swansea City
2016–2017 Leeds United
2017 Middlesbrough
2018–2019 Birmingham City
2019–2020 Sheffield Wednesday
2024– Cambridge United
[Post edited 4 Sep 15:38]

Argus!

Gary Monk on 15:36 - Sep 4 with 1452 viewsDr_Winston

Gary Monk on 15:29 - Sep 4 by Whiterockin

Spot on.

It's a shame because his achievements on the pitch had earned himself a spot alongside the likes of Ash, Leon and Tate. Few would have argued against a bronze casting of the boot that deflected that shot onto the post in the playoff final being mounted on a plinth outside the stadium.

But you just can't look past his actions off it. Hero to Zero and entirely his own doing.

Login to get fewer ads

Gary Monk on 15:41 - Sep 4 with 1418 viewsWhiterockin

Gary Monk on 15:36 - Sep 4 by Dr_Winston

It's a shame because his achievements on the pitch had earned himself a spot alongside the likes of Ash, Leon and Tate. Few would have argued against a bronze casting of the boot that deflected that shot onto the post in the playoff final being mounted on a plinth outside the stadium.

But you just can't look past his actions off it. Hero to Zero and entirely his own doing.

Years of excellent work were quickly undone, a combination of jealousy, ambition and greed.
Gary Monk on 19:01 - Sep 4 with 1175 viewsKeithHaynes

Gary Monk on 15:05 - Sep 4 by GVJack

I don’t

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Gary Monk on 19:30 - Sep 4 with 1100 viewsAnotherJohn

Beaten by Bromley the other evening.
Gary Monk on 19:34 - Sep 4 with 1075 viewsKeithHaynes

Gary Monk on 19:30 - Sep 4 by AnotherJohn

Beaten by Bromley the other evening.

Watched some of the second half, Congreve and Thomas were pretty anonymous.

Gary Monk on 20:04 - Sep 4 with 1014 viewsKeithHaynes

Gary Monk on 14:50 - Sep 4 by Wingstandwood

The bloke is an impostor wherever he goes, ditto Pep Clotet who seems to be going for a world record. There again it looks like people have finally looked at his CV? Hence why he has not stolen a living since 2023.

1998–2001 Igualada (youth)
2001–2003 Cornellà
2004–2006 Espanyol (youth)
2006 Figueres
2008–2009 Espanyol (youth)
2009 Espanyol B
2011 Halmstad
2012–2013 Atlético Malagueño
2013 -2015 Swansea City
2016 -2017 Leeds United
2017–2018 Oxford United
2019–2020 Birmingham City
2021 Brescia
2021–2022 SPAL
2022 Brescia
2023 Brescia
2023 Torpedo Moscow

Never stayed anywhere for longer than about 15 months, repeatedly.
He doesn’t seem to learn from his experiences.

Gary Monk on 20:11 - Sep 4 with 956 viewsWingstandwood

Gary Monk on 20:04 - Sep 4 by KeithHaynes

Never stayed anywhere for longer than about 15 months, repeatedly.
He doesn’t seem to learn from his experiences.

What intriques me is the way he kept it going for so long, how? And the pay off's he has received along the way must by now total up to a rather nice sum.

It does rather look like he has finally run out of luck this time around?

Argus!

Gary Monk on 20:33 - Sep 4 with 889 viewsKeithHaynes

Gary Monk on 20:11 - Sep 4 by Wingstandwood

What intriques me is the way he kept it going for so long, how? And the pay off's he has received along the way must by now total up to a rather nice sum.

It does rather look like he has finally run out of luck this time around?

He already made his fortune from sackings at Leeds, Boro, Birmingham and Sheffield Weds.

Enough to make him a multi millionaire irrespective of what he earned as a player or at other clubs.

Nice work for a a football person of his capability and who started his real career as a loan player from Southampton.

Once you are on that gravy train, even when you are incredibly bad you keep the Mrs happy.

Gary Monk on 20:44 - Sep 4 with 850 viewsWhiterockin

Gary Monk on 20:33 - Sep 4 by KeithHaynes

He already made his fortune from sackings at Leeds, Boro, Birmingham and Sheffield Weds.

Enough to make him a multi millionaire irrespective of what he earned as a player or at other clubs.

Nice work for a a football person of his capability and who started his real career as a loan player from Southampton.

Once you are on that gravy train, even when you are incredibly bad you keep the Mrs happy.

Lexi isn't cheap to run.
Gary Monk on 20:45 - Sep 4 with 840 viewsKeithHaynes

Gary Monk on 20:44 - Sep 4 by Whiterockin

Lexi isn't cheap to run.

A lurker here …

Gary Monk on 20:46 - Sep 4 with 827 viewsWhiterockin

Gary Monk on 20:45 - Sep 4 by KeithHaynes

A lurker here …

She could always deny it then
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024