Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread 17:26 - Aug 14 with 15393 viewsModeratorC

Mike Marsh returns as PNE caretaker boss, Luke returns with visions of the best Swans team this century. It’s all building up to another a game, of sorts.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62788/luke-makes-a-start

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62797/swans-v-pne-swans-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62801

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62809/swansea-city-luke-

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 17:41 - Aug 14 with 5182 viewsWhiterockin

Looking at the live ticketing map there seems to be a lot of tickets left in the South Stand and coming around the corners to the West and East. This is where we are now and it's not good.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 18:34 - Aug 14 with 5134 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 17:41 - Aug 14 by Whiterockin

Looking at the live ticketing map there seems to be a lot of tickets left in the South Stand and coming around the corners to the West and East. This is where we are now and it's not good.

Season tickets well down, people sick of the constant same old from the owners, lack of signings and loss of players, turgid football, holidays, better things to do, I know several people who live a short walk from the stadium who didn’t go last night.

Should I go on ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 18:41 - Aug 14 with 5116 viewsLuther27

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 18:34 - Aug 14 by KeithHaynes

Season tickets well down, people sick of the constant same old from the owners, lack of signings and loss of players, turgid football, holidays, better things to do, I know several people who live a short walk from the stadium who didn’t go last night.

Should I go on ?

Genuine question Keith. Have the owners learned nothing? Can’t they see the revenue and fan support dropping away? What more do they want?

Blog: Grenfell Tower

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 18:46 - Aug 14 with 5095 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 18:41 - Aug 14 by Luther27

Genuine question Keith. Have the owners learned nothing? Can’t they see the revenue and fan support dropping away? What more do they want?

It’s all in the hands of Coleman, Levien has agreed a budget which on paper is less than we have brought in on sales. That’s where we are. The P&S figures will be much better next time around but they are thinking ahead to 2026 when the figures could increase dramatically.

That’s what is driving us, and it’s as simple as that.

We won’t spend more than we get in over a financial year.

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 18:49 - Aug 14 with 5060 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 18:34 - Aug 14 by KeithHaynes

Should I go on ?

Writing on the walls
And tenement halls

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 19:18 - Aug 14 with 4988 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 17:41 - Aug 14 by Whiterockin

It’s hard to blame people. We’ve got a core who will support through thick and thin, but what is there really for the fans who just turn up when we are winning or at least entertaining.

There isn’t even the us against them vibe we had in the Petty days. Apathy is a killer.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 19:30 - Aug 14 with 5004 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke Williams post match.

"That's something I'm desperate to bring to Swansea. When we think about some of the wingers like Wayne Routledge and Nathan Dyer playing in a really, really top Swansea side. They were so exciting to watch. I loved those players. They're the ones that captivate people and you really, really enjoy the experience.

"They need a team around them, but Ronald gave me that feeling tonight of really exciting wide play and the goal was brilliant. So I enjoyed his performance.

"Wayne and Nathan are the names that spring to mind for me. Those guys were just so exciting and so direct and unpredictable at the same time. All those lovely things that terrify full-backs and excite fans. Ronald did that. Caused huge problems for the opposition and scored a brilliant goal."

🤔🙄

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 20:26 - Aug 14 with 4937 viewsQJumpingJack

Hopefully the club and the trust hold a fans forum in the next international break. It would be good to hear from the likes of Watson on what has worked and what has not worked during this transfer window and what lessons have been learned.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 20:32 - Aug 14 with 4931 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 20:26 - Aug 14 by QJumpingJack

Hopefully the club and the trust hold a fans forum in the next international break. It would be good to hear from the likes of Watson on what has worked and what has not worked during this transfer window and what lessons have been learned.

He surely learned a few over the past few windows.

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 20:45 - Aug 14 with 4897 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 20:32 - Aug 14 by KeithHaynes

He surely learned a few over the past few windows.

He's learnt alright, if you don't buy anyone you can't be criticised for buying shite.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 20:54 - Aug 14 with 4826 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 20:26 - Aug 14 by QJumpingJack

In fairness, first impressions of the players we’ve brought in recently, plus Ronald, have all been good.

Eom looks a star. Haven’t seen enough of Vig, Franco or Zupotnik yet, but on the face of it they all look like they will improve our first team.

A lot hasn’t worked though. We’ve been hearing about three or four new players for a couple of weeks now. The end of the transfer window is too late. Even if they are fully fit, new players will take a couple of games to bed in.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 20:59 - Aug 14 with 4848 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 20:54 - Aug 14 by jack247

In fairness, first impressions of the players we’ve brought in recently, plus Ronald, have all been good.

Eom looks a star. Haven’t seen enough of Vig, Franco or Zupotnik yet, but on the face of it they all look like they will improve our first team.

A lot hasn’t worked though. We’ve been hearing about three or four new players for a couple of weeks now. The end of the transfer window is too late. Even if they are fully fit, new players will take a couple of games to bed in.

And any settling in period will be interpreted with two international breaks.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 21:10 - Aug 14 with 4827 viewsQJumpingJack

we have to avoid the 3-4 "panic" loan signings in the last week of the window.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 07:41 - Aug 15 with 4614 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 20:54 - Aug 14 by jack247

Agreed
Eom looks as if he could really take off
We need to deploy him and the other new players correctly
Virtually ignoring Zan isn’t right
I want him so much to be effective
Reminds me of a calmer Mitrovich

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 08:12 - Aug 15 with 4590 viewsowainglyndwr

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 18:41 - Aug 14 by Luther27

On top of all this , like us late in the day on Tuesday we found out we could attend , unable to link our tickets online that normally link, we queued at the ticket off.
Only to find loads of fans with the same problem,
On top of this , something I didn't know 2 boys about 14 got turned away because the needed to be accompanied by a adult,
After standing in the rain to buy thier ticket we had then walk in with us.
2 polite boys and thankful .
School holiday F F S, help our future .
Eventually just got in just as we scored .

Hard work of supporting Swansea City .
Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 08:15 - Aug 15 with 4571 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 08:12 - Aug 15 by owainglyndwr

On top of all this , like us late in the day on Tuesday we found out we could attend , unable to link our tickets online that normally link, we queued at the ticket off.
Only to find loads of fans with the same problem,
On top of this , something I didn't know 2 boys about 14 got turned away because the needed to be accompanied by a adult,
After standing in the rain to buy thier ticket we had then walk in with us.
2 polite boys and thankful .
School holiday F F S, help our future .
Eventually just got in just as we scored .

Hard work of supporting Swansea City .

Morning Bach
I’ve often thought how hard they make it.
When I used to go ,I never found them that helpful as is the case with many clubs
Fans seen as a pain ,the very people who give them a living .

I can never grasp when they do t try to attract as many as possible right up to the last minute
Can one now simply turn up and pay at the gate ?
Nah.
Madness

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 08:52 - Aug 15 with 4531 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 08:15 - Aug 15 by onehunglow

Morning Bach
I’ve often thought how hard they make it.
When I used to go ,I never found them that helpful as is the case with many clubs
Fans seen as a pain ,the very people who give them a living .

I can never grasp when they do t try to attract as many as possible right up to the last minute
Can one now simply turn up and pay at the gate ?
Nah.
Madness

There is a large screen above the ticket office that used to display any upcoming matches, this is no longer the case it is now just product advertising. Does nobody at the club have a clue about marketing, how many people pass that sign every day particularly with it close to the shopping park. I'm sure there are some who if they new there was a game coming up might be tempted to go.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 08:55 - Aug 15 with 4521 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 19:30 - Aug 14 by KeithHaynes

Luke Williams post match.

"That's something I'm desperate to bring to Swansea. When we think about some of the wingers like Wayne Routledge and Nathan Dyer playing in a really, really top Swansea side. They were so exciting to watch. I loved those players. They're the ones that captivate people and you really, really enjoy the experience.

"They need a team around them, but Ronald gave me that feeling tonight of really exciting wide play and the goal was brilliant. So I enjoyed his performance.

"Wayne and Nathan are the names that spring to mind for me. Those guys were just so exciting and so direct and unpredictable at the same time. All those lovely things that terrify full-backs and excite fans. Ronald did that. Caused huge problems for the opposition and scored a brilliant goal."

🤔🙄

He has got exciting players in his team but it is how he uses them, the setup used in both attack and defence and if they are available given injury and the depth of quality in the squad much of it unknown with new arrivals and young players, he has the likes of Eom, Ronald, Key, Tymon, Franco, Vipotnik, Abdulai( who was on hand to score one and should have been two against the Gills and provided a lovely ball in behind the defence against Rio) Parker and Govea. I'm not sure on Govea as I haven't seen enough of him so I want to see if he can make the step up. I did think Congreve could because he looked as if he could take players on and cause problems in the box although he is not as fast as some player but after one his 30 minute start was not or rarely used again
Players sometimes get dismissed after one bad preformance before they get time to bed in to the team and setup used.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 08:57 - Aug 15 with 4505 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 08:52 - Aug 15 by Whiterockin

There is a large screen above the ticket office that used to display any upcoming matches, this is no longer the case it is now just product advertising. Does nobody at the club have a clue about marketing, how many people pass that sign every day particularly with it close to the shopping park. I'm sure there are some who if they new there was a game coming up might be tempted to go.

I remember going on and on about our lack of ability in marketing the club.
This was so on our Orem days
A massive world wide league in which we featured prominently should have increased profile of the city significantly .
Eg, Burnley is known world wide now not for its cotton trade days but for football. Ok they went down but they will go straight back up ,which we should have done

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 13:13 - Aug 15 with 4298 viewsKeithHaynes

Issues of course with Provodence and the Swedish lad. An indecisive late move for both, if they can both come in on the 4 player rule which isn’t cast in stone. Gautier was ready to fly over for those who remember, but his agent went greedy at the last minute. Sidibeh ? We won’t be paying out for him at that price. As it stands we have potentially one coming in with loans.

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 13:22 - Aug 15 with 4269 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 13:13 - Aug 15 by KeithHaynes

Issues of course with Provodence and the Swedish lad. An indecisive late move for both, if they can both come in on the 4 player rule which isn’t cast in stone. Gautier was ready to fly over for those who remember, but his agent went greedy at the last minute. Sidibeh ? We won’t be paying out for him at that price. As it stands we have potentially one coming in with loans.

Any news of anyone going, my concern is players leaving at the last moment with no time to get replacements. Would the owners really turn down an offer for a player on the last day.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 13:29 - Aug 15 with 4231 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62788/luke-makes-a-start

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 13:35 - Aug 15 with 4194 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 13:22 - Aug 15 by Whiterockin

Any news of anyone going, my concern is players leaving at the last moment with no time to get replacements. Would the owners really turn down an offer for a player on the last day.

Nothing mate.

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 13:43 - Aug 15 with 4151 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 13:35 - Aug 15 by KeithHaynes

Nothing mate.

Thanks. No news is good news.
Swansea City v Preston North End : Match day thread on 14:46 - Aug 15 with 4067 viewsRhonddaSwans

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/mike-marsh-swansea-city-v

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024