Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy 11:25 - Jul 30 with 6032 viewsKeithHaynes

Seems that the Swans are still interested in loaning out Mykola for the right price, had that from a good source this morning. Injury record is a stumbling block. Two loans are under discussion, but that striker gap (could be two soon) is proving difficult on a permanent basis. Finances are very much proving an issue due to the reduced salary the Swans want to pay.

Looks like the club will dip into the loan market again.

On simple maths the Swans are in the black regards reduced salaries, players out, money in. However, the excessive costs running the club are not going away, but they are reduced.

Expect more dilution of shares despite the early talk there wouldn’t be more and the Swans are open to new investment. Coleman does have a budget which it seemed relied upon a positive return on club running costs. It seems atm losses could run to 15m next declarations, which is a big improvement.

The issue of course is getting the players in to make any dent on the top six, as it stands the club are fully aware that the squad is far too light and can’t compete over a season. Plenty of knock backs in recruiting players, but more talks this week. Brett Cravat has instigated a very precise analytical database which the Swans are utilising. Not dissimilar to Brighton and other Championship clubs, however they are shopping in different markets and have limited range. An example will be Tommy Conway at Bristol City who the club have looked at but his price and salary is way too much.

Personally I think we will see some form of news towards the end of this week, however it is clear the desire to complete business before the season starts hasn’t worked. Purely down to finances.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 11:45 - Jul 30 with 3343 viewsWhiterockin

Surely the improved Sky deal gives them more flexibility.
⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 11:59 - Jul 30 with 3285 viewsKeithHaynes

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 11:45 - Jul 30 by Whiterockin

Surely the improved Sky deal gives them more flexibility.

I think they are dealing with what they have, not sure when the payments are made.

Linked in an odd way to Sory Kaba.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 12:48 - Jul 30 with 3112 viewspete

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 11:59 - Jul 30 by KeithHaynes

I think they are dealing with what they have, not sure when the payments are made.

Hi Keith thanks for the update,
what kind of player are we going to get with a salary cap and wont spend? see boro have offered an icentivised deal for the lad Conway from bristol around 5 million so whilst understanding we wont pay the going rate who are we going to attract with approx 2 weeks before the first game under that remit ?
⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 13:05 - Jul 30 with 3046 viewsonehunglow

Just the sort of thing we didn’t want to read .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 13:12 - Jul 30 with 3024 viewsraynor94

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 12:48 - Jul 30 by pete

Hi Keith thanks for the update,
what kind of player are we going to get with a salary cap and wont spend? see boro have offered an icentivised deal for the lad Conway from bristol around 5 million so whilst understanding we wont pay the going rate who are we going to attract with approx 2 weeks before the first game under that remit ?

Yet Boro are £159 million in debt, the 3rd highest in the championship, yet they keep going out spending money like this, gambling on promotion.

I'm frustrated, but I wouldn't want to see us with debt like this

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 13:14 - Jul 30 with 3003 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 13:12 - Jul 30 by raynor94

Yet Boro are £159 million in debt, the 3rd highest in the championship, yet they keep going out spending money like this, gambling on promotion.

I'm frustrated, but I wouldn't want to see us with debt like this

It’s serviceable though isn’t it.
It’s different to any debt us mugs would have

If we can’t afford players, don’t let any move out ,including Yates until we have replacement .

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 13:17 - Jul 30 with 2989 viewsraynor94

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 11:59 - Jul 30 by KeithHaynes

I see a fee of £1.3 million has been agreed for Kaba, to a championship club.

I wouldn't think it's us

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 13:29 - Jul 30 with 2926 viewspete

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 13:17 - Jul 30 by raynor94

I see a fee of £1.3 million has been agreed for Kaba, to a championship club.

I wouldn't think it's us

could be our pals up the road
Login to get fewer ads

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 13:45 - Jul 30 with 2850 viewsunion_jack

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 13:29 - Jul 30 by pete

could be our pals up the road

I’ve just had a look on their site, no mention of this but some of them are looking forward to the season and think they’ll do well, knocking in too 6 maybe.

Notwithstanding the fact they are overly optimistic most years, it’s a shame we can’t have a similar optimism.

The owners are sucking the life out if this club and its supporters. What may make economic sense in day to day business does not work with football clubs. For example, no investment in strikers means few goals, in turn means few points which leads to low attendance and possible relegation.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 13:50 - Jul 30 with 2821 viewsonehunglow

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 13:45 - Jul 30 by union_jack

I’ve just had a look on their site, no mention of this but some of them are looking forward to the season and think they’ll do well, knocking in too 6 maybe.

Notwithstanding the fact they are overly optimistic most years, it’s a shame we can’t have a similar optimism.

The owners are sucking the life out if this club and its supporters. What may make economic sense in day to day business does not work with football clubs. For example, no investment in strikers means few goals, in turn means few points which leads to low attendance and possible relegation.

Absolutely and that is not naysaying or doom and glooming
It’s not looking good
We need a lift

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 14:00 - Jul 30 with 2797 viewsQJumpingJack

A great update - thank you Keith.

The last paragraph is a worry. The owners have had 8 years / 16 transfer windows and we still don't seem to be able to get it right. That has to be a concern.

And I have watched the Luke Williams interview in Austria. Fair play it looks a lovely hotel - how much has that cost???? is it worth it? - once we see our first few league games we will know if the trip has been worthwhile.
⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 14:01 - Jul 30 with 2801 viewspete

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 13:45 - Jul 30 by union_jack

news now reporting sheffield wed west brom and Cardiff city had bid of 1.3 mill accepted down to the player now but he had a medical in cardiff yesterday they are reporting ( also on wales on line)
⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 14:10 - Jul 30 with 2728 viewsunion_jack

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 14:01 - Jul 30 by pete

news now reporting sheffield wed west brom and Cardiff city had bid of 1.3 mill accepted down to the player now but he had a medical in cardiff yesterday they are reporting ( also on wales on line)

That’s Kanga not Kaba though, isn’t it?

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 14:14 - Jul 30 with 2695 viewsraynor94

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 14:10 - Jul 30 by union_jack

Yes it is Kanga, they are also close to signing El Ghazi ex Villa he can't be cheap

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 14:26 - Jul 30 with 2646 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Who would have thought that signing a good striker who can lead the line in the championship whilst scoring loads of goals to get us promoted might come with a transfer fee and good salary?

The worlds gone mad.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 14:59 - Jul 30 with 2563 viewspete

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 14:10 - Jul 30 by union_jack

yes Union jack you are correct i am wrong sorry thought it was a spelling mistake,
but them up the road have agreed that fig and are looking at another winger of quality
not us tho wage cap and low spend
⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 15:31 - Jul 30 with 2493 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Thanks for the update Keith, I now have real concerns for the forthcoming season, a relagation fight is now a real possibility as is and I will whisper this having them up the road doing us in both games. As someone else has pointed out, why the hell was Yates loaned out? Before a replacement was in position? He's not brilliant but he could possibly be a lot better that may come in.
⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 15:42 - Jul 30 with 2458 viewsPawelAbbott

I'm very concerned about Brett Cravats database.
Are we tied into it? I wouldn't want it like a noose around our neck
⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 15:59 - Jul 30 with 2418 viewsnantywatcher

In our situation we need entrepreneurial get up and go at the helm of the club, unfortunately we are run by a plodder, who seems happy to attract plodders The future is looking bleak because he's like an average middle-distance runner happily plodding around the racetrack, with no capability of responding as the rest of the field surge past him.
⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 16:30 - Jul 30 with 2347 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Presumably we have known for over a year that Nathan Wood would be leaving this summer. Yet here we are on the eve of the season with only 2 senior centre backs at the club, if darling or cabango get injured we will be playing Grimes in there. We’ve known for months and months and months that Yates and kukariyajovic haven’t worked out so we’d be needing a striker. There never seems to be any forward planning. We react. When we sold Connor Roberts we ended up having to play latibeaudeare at wing back which was an absolute disaster because we didn’t sign a permanent right back until Key arrived.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 16:56 - Jul 30 with 2276 viewsQJumpingJack

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 16:30 - Jul 30 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Presumably we have known for over a year that Nathan Wood would be leaving this summer. Yet here we are on the eve of the season with only 2 senior centre backs at the club, if darling or cabango get injured we will be playing Grimes in there. We’ve known for months and months and months that Yates and kukariyajovic haven’t worked out so we’d be needing a striker. There never seems to be any forward planning. We react. When we sold Connor Roberts we ended up having to play latibeaudeare at wing back which was an absolute disaster because we didn’t sign a permanent right back until Key arrived.

it does come across as poor planning.

Maybe Paul Watson needs an older/experienced executive to work with him to help him?
⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 17:21 - Jul 30 with 2228 viewsunion_jack

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 14:59 - Jul 30 by pete

yes Union jack you are correct i am wrong sorry thought it was a spelling mistake,
but them up the road have agreed that fig and are looking at another winger of quality
not us tho wage cap and low spend

Wage cap = quality cap or even quantity cap.

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 18:12 - Jul 30 with 2077 viewsSullutaCreturned

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 17:21 - Jul 30 by union_jack

Wage cap = quality cap or even quantity cap.

How about both?

If the cap really is 7k then we won't even get a decent league 1 player. They may not be earning 7k pw right now but to make the step up they will ask for and most certainly be offered more elsewhere.

In plain terms we will have a squad of poorer quality and less quantity than last season and we saw how did then. Expect a relegation battle then guys.
⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 18:26 - Jul 30 with 2028 viewssons_of_omri

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 16:30 - Jul 30 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I know it’s not ideal but Pederaen and Naughton can play there if needed.
⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 18:38 - Jul 30 with 1972 viewsraynor94

⚽️ Swansea City update from the Indy on 18:26 - Jul 30 by sons_of_omri

I know it’s not ideal but Pederaen and Naughton can play there if needed.

That's why I can't see us fetching a centre back in, Levien will say you have 4 why do you want another

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024