Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10,000 prisoners to be released 11:57 - Jul 12 with 3889 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

What a country we live in. They say crime doesn’t pay it really does. There’s no justice in this country, criminals have free rein to do whatever the hell they like inflicting a lifetime of misery upon their many victims often without consequence.

If the prisons are full build more prisons. Don’t let the scumbags out.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

10,000 prisoners to be released on 12:12 - Jul 12 with 1854 viewsScotia

I was involved with plans for a new prison in Port Talbot about 8 years ago.

Funding got pulled by Westminster.
10,000 prisoners to be released on 12:20 - Jul 12 with 1845 viewsmajorraglan

This will be on top of the 10,000 that Sunak’s government released between October 2003 and June 2024.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/article/2024/jul/12/over-10000-prisoners-fre
10,000 prisoners to be released on 12:27 - Jul 12 with 1830 viewsraynor94

The one that beats me at the moment, is the lowlifes that just brazenly walk into a store and just start helping themselves to goods.

I don't blame the shop workers, for not tackling them as they could be armed.

What on earth is the answer to this growing problem

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

10,000 prisoners to be released on 12:42 - Jul 12 with 1812 viewsGwyn737

10,000 prisoners to be released on 12:20 - Jul 12 by majorraglan

This will be on top of the 10,000 that Sunak’s government released between October 2003 and June 2024.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/article/2024/jul/12/over-10000-prisoners-fre

And the ones who should be in prison but aren't because trails are being listed well into 2027 due to what has been done to the courts and the justice system in general.
10,000 prisoners to be released on 13:05 - Jul 12 with 1780 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

10,000 prisoners to be released on 12:42 - Jul 12 by Gwyn737

And the ones who should be in prison but aren't because trails are being listed well into 2027 due to what has been done to the courts and the justice system in general.

But they told us crime figures were down!

10,000 prisoners to be released on 13:23 - Jul 12 with 1753 viewshowenjack

Gang of Romanians were in the news a couple of weeks back. There were about 4 of them they fraudulently took millions off the tax payer claiming benefits they were not entitled too and got about 5 years for it.. .. pathetic sentence .
10,000 prisoners to be released on 13:25 - Jul 12 with 1752 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

10,000 prisoners to be released on 13:23 - Jul 12 by howenjack

Gang of Romanians were in the news a couple of weeks back. There were about 4 of them they fraudulently took millions off the tax payer claiming benefits they were not entitled too and got about 5 years for it.. .. pathetic sentence .

If it’s the story I read they weren’t even living in the UK which makes it even more bizarre.

10,000 prisoners to be released on 13:42 - Jul 12 with 1729 viewsBoundy

10,000 prisoners to be released on 12:27 - Jul 12 by raynor94

The one that beats me at the moment, is the lowlifes that just brazenly walk into a store and just start helping themselves to goods.

I don't blame the shop workers, for not tackling them as they could be armed.

What on earth is the answer to this growing problem

Refuse to pay for your TV licence, go to jail.Shop lifting is now longer considered a reportable offence Curry's here I come

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

10,000 prisoners to be released on 14:38 - Jul 12 with 1714 viewsWingstandwood

BREAKING NEWS!

40% of a prison sentance to be served. And is it any wonder why prisons are full with 'epidemic' imprisonment/levels of foreign drugs gangs of type that the U.K had once-upon-a-time never experinced!

https://news.sky.com/story/prisoners-to-be-released-after-serving-40-of-sentence

Argus!

10,000 prisoners to be released on 14:54 - Jul 12 with 1696 viewsBoundy

10,000 prisoners to be released on 14:38 - Jul 12 by Wingstandwood

BREAKING NEWS!

40% of a prison sentance to be served. And is it any wonder why prisons are full with 'epidemic' imprisonment/levels of foreign drugs gangs of type that the U.K had once-upon-a-time never experinced!

https://news.sky.com/story/prisoners-to-be-released-after-serving-40-of-sentence

What a stinking rancid stench of a country we've become .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

10,000 prisoners to be released on 15:14 - Jul 12 with 1695 viewsWingstandwood

10,000 prisoners to be released on 14:54 - Jul 12 by Boundy

Yep! But never mind many sections of society will have been indoctrinated on how to use the correct prounouns and how to recognise a new type of 'original sin' that they are born with which apprently means that they must be re-programmed upon attending a course.

Meanwhile the U.K is turning into an absolute E- grade sh1thole where nothing works anymore.

I (100% serious) would not be surprised if water shortages will be next up, starting every February onwards because there's not enough reservoir capacity to cope with population increases.

Nothing surprises me anymore cos this is where the U.K is heading!

Argus!

10,000 prisoners to be released on 17:32 - Jul 12 with 1624 viewshowenjack

10,000 prisoners to be released on 13:25 - Jul 12 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

If it’s the story I read they weren’t even living in the UK which makes it even more bizarre.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gang-five-plundered-54million-uk-32551335
10,000 prisoners to be released on 18:18 - Jul 12 with 1600 viewsKeithHaynes

10,000 prisoners to be released on 13:42 - Jul 12 by Boundy

Refuse to pay for your TV licence, go to jail.Shop lifting is now longer considered a reportable offence Curry's here I come

I’m unsure if anyone has been jailed for non payment of a tv licence in recent years. There may be a couple of instances with other circumstances 🤷🏻‍♂️

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

10,000 prisoners to be released on 18:57 - Jul 12 with 1573 viewsmajorraglan

10,000 prisoners to be released on 14:54 - Jul 12 by Boundy

The previous government have systematically taken the Courts (including the Probation Service) and Criminal Justice system apart and left it in ruins.
I’m all for rehabilitating people, improving their skills etc so they can make a go of life, but there are some who are well past this point and many others who are simply too bad to be rehabilitated. We need to have a means of keeping the public safe, we’ve been gaslighted by the party of law and order for 14 years and victims and the general public have been let down. End of.
10,000 prisoners to be released on 19:01 - Jul 12 with 1569 viewsfelixstowe_jack

10,000 prisoners to be released on 12:12 - Jul 12 by Scotia

I was involved with plans for a new prison in Port Talbot about 8 years ago.

Funding got pulled by Westminster.

Funding was not pulled by Westminster. The MP for Port Talbot Steven Kinnock did not want it and mounted a successful campaign to stop it.

The 2019 the plan was axed after "strong community objections" and plans were made to seek another location.

Another case of Nimbyism and 100s of well paid jobs lost.
I guess there is a good chance of it being resurrected at Labour has said it will over rule local objections in their new planning process

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

10,000 prisoners to be released on 19:07 - Jul 12 with 1561 viewsfelixstowe_jack

10,000 prisoners to be released on 18:57 - Jul 12 by majorraglan

The previous government have systematically taken the Courts (including the Probation Service) and Criminal Justice system apart and left it in ruins.
I’m all for rehabilitating people, improving their skills etc so they can make a go of life, but there are some who are well past this point and many others who are simply too bad to be rehabilitated. We need to have a means of keeping the public safe, we’ve been gaslighted by the party of law and order for 14 years and victims and the general public have been let down. End of.

If only Starmer takes the brave step to deport all foreign criminals back to their own countries.
12% of criminals in our prisons are foreign nationals approximately 10,000. Would free up plenty of places .

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

10,000 prisoners to be released on 19:16 - Jul 12 with 1556 viewsmax936

10,000 prisoners to be released on 19:01 - Jul 12 by felixstowe_jack

Funding was not pulled by Westminster. The MP for Port Talbot Steven Kinnock did not want it and mounted a successful campaign to stop it.

The 2019 the plan was axed after "strong community objections" and plans were made to seek another location.

I guess there is a good chance of it being resurrected at Labour has said it will over rule local objections in their new planning process

If it does get resurrected are you gonna move to port talbot, ok for you to call it Nimbyism sitting up there in your Felixstowe Ivory tower!

Orite for you to come on here chopsing about things that don't concern or affect you!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

10,000 prisoners to be released on 19:46 - Jul 12 with 1544 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m still trying to correlate full prisons, well over 20% extra than even when new capacities were introduced in 2021, and the fact the police don’t do anything 🙄

This post has been edited by an administrator

10,000 prisoners to be released on 20:30 - Jul 12 with 1525 viewsScotia

10,000 prisoners to be released on 19:01 - Jul 12 by felixstowe_jack

No he didn't.

In reality NIMBYism makes no difference to planning, it didn't even make it to a planning application because there was no money for it. Neath Port - Talbot council were very keen on it being there.

I believe the justice secretary at the time said they were looking at other locations, they obviously didn't find any because none have been built since.
10,000 prisoners to be released on 20:36 - Jul 12 with 1523 viewsKeithHaynes

10,000 prisoners to be released on 20:30 - Jul 12 by Scotia

No he didn't.

In reality NIMBYism makes no difference to planning, it didn't even make it to a planning application because there was no money for it. Neath Port - Talbot council were very keen on it being there.

I believe the justice secretary at the time said they were looking at other locations, they obviously didn't find any because none have been built since.

A bit like Pete Townsend’s book.

10,000 prisoners to be released on 21:27 - Jul 12 with 1484 viewsSullutaCreturned

10,000 prisoners to be released on 13:05 - Jul 12 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

But they told us crime figures were down!

Well recorded crime is down but why bother reporting a crime when it wont be investigated and even if it is there is no prospect of an arrest.

I'm not having a go at the police, it's like everythingelse, lack of resources and shite management from the very hghest places that's driven our police into tjeir shell.

We need more police, more prisons, more courts and judges. Like most other very badly needed things, we will be luckyto see them. There again, maybe I should give Starmer a chance first, but it's nt a great start letting 10k out.
10,000 prisoners to be released on 21:37 - Jul 12 with 1473 viewsmax936

10,000 prisoners to be released on 21:27 - Jul 12 by SullutaCreturned

Well recorded crime is down but why bother reporting a crime when it wont be investigated and even if it is there is no prospect of an arrest.

I'm not having a go at the police, it's like everythingelse, lack of resources and shite management from the very hghest places that's driven our police into tjeir shell.

We need more police, more prisons, more courts and judges. Like most other very badly needed things, we will be luckyto see them. There again, maybe I should give Starmer a chance first, but it's nt a great start letting 10k out.

They're all in these mobile speed camera vans, never seen so many as I have lately, all about increasing revenues in it!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

10,000 prisoners to be released on 22:39 - Jul 12 with 1442 viewsjohnlangy

What do you suggest they do now ? At this moment.
10,000 prisoners to be released on 23:08 - Jul 12 with 1424 viewsmajorraglan

10,000 prisoners to be released on 19:07 - Jul 12 by felixstowe_jack

If only Starmer takes the brave step to deport all foreign criminals back to their own countries.
12% of criminals in our prisons are foreign nationals approximately 10,000. Would free up plenty of places .

Starmer has inherited a mess, Braverman has come out today and put the boot in to the Conservatives for not building enough prisons over the last 14 years.

I’d love to see the foreign prisoners booted out, if you can’t adhere to our laws then you don’t deserve to be here.

Edit -typo
[Post edited 13 Jul 22:32]
10,000 prisoners to be released on 00:37 - Jul 13 with 1397 viewsRobbie

Open Season and Green light for shoplifters now , nick a few bottles of Jack Daniels . then sell on for a few quid to that bloke in the pub , money for my fix that night , job done .

Will I be challenged for stealing or the Police taking any action , not a chance .
Police do not even bother turn up to major thefts when reported .

Bigger picture is and pains me to say it , but law and order is out of control now and broken .
Goverment action is to release more criminals back into society , nice one .

Memory is old alas but never seen a Plod on my streets for many years .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024