Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere 08:00 - Jul 7 with 2515 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62620/

More to come ? Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 19:10 - Jul 7 with 2115 viewsWhiterockin

Sheffield take on the situation.

https://sheffunitedway.co.uk/2024/07/06/sheffield-united-kieffer-moore-oli-mcbur
Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 19:16 - Jul 7 with 2083 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 19:10 - Jul 7 by Whiterockin

Sheffield take on the situation.

https://sheffunitedway.co.uk/2024/07/06/sheffield-united-kieffer-moore-oli-mcbur

A well written article.

Confirms what we know, have the Swans got it in them to progress this ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 22:02 - Jul 7 with 1884 viewsjack247

Ok he loves the club and the fans etc, but he’ll have much more lucrative offers than we can manage, whether that’s a new contract or as a free transfer.

Meanwhile, a seemingly affordable target, that Williams has openly expressed his admiration for, goes to Milwall.

If I’m wrong and he signs, brilliant. I don’t think I will be.
Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 09:50 - Jul 8 with 1595 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 22:02 - Jul 7 by jack247

Ok he loves the club and the fans etc, but he’ll have much more lucrative offers than we can manage, whether that’s a new contract or as a free transfer.

Meanwhile, a seemingly affordable target, that Williams has openly expressed his admiration for, goes to Milwall.

If I’m wrong and he signs, brilliant. I don’t think I will be.

Makes me wonder where the Oli link comes from given there is no one at the club in terms of coaching or management who were here in his time.
Maybe the recruitment team are looking at out of contract players in the positions we need an Oli ticks a few boxed in his scoring record and attachment to the club? Would ge be as good second time around?
The Langstaff one is also a mystery....did Millwall offer better personal terms? Did people here consider this to be another Fisher/Darling moment where coaches must haves get signed only to be benched ....
Who knows?
Let's hope there is a plan I personally am starting to get sceptical despite my usual optimism and support

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 10:00 - Jul 8 with 1585 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 09:50 - Jul 8 by vetchonian

Makes me wonder where the Oli link comes from given there is no one at the club in terms of coaching or management who were here in his time.
Maybe the recruitment team are looking at out of contract players in the positions we need an Oli ticks a few boxed in his scoring record and attachment to the club? Would ge be as good second time around?
The Langstaff one is also a mystery....did Millwall offer better personal terms? Did people here consider this to be another Fisher/Darling moment where coaches must haves get signed only to be benched ....
Who knows?
Let's hope there is a plan I personally am starting to get sceptical despite my usual optimism and support

Keep the faith. I expect 3 signings this week including the Korean, but no keeper yet.
Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 10:13 - Jul 8 with 1557 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 09:50 - Jul 8 by vetchonian

Who knows?

I would say there’s been little if any interest from the Swans, if they’ve done anything other than talk amongst themselves I would be surprised.

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 10:35 - Jul 8 with 1531 viewsjack247

Who knows?

I can’t see it being a serious link. It’s an easy one for the media, he was popular here, loves the club and is out of contract. I just don’t think he’s within our financial scope.

I also doubt Langstaff was vetoed if Williams wanted him. We’re too weak up front to be doing that.

My guess would be either Milwall made a better offer or we were never seriously interested.

These lessons that they keep saying have been learned from previous windows. Looks very much like Deja vu so far to me.
Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 11:02 - Jul 8 with 1469 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 10:35 - Jul 8 by jack247

I can’t see it being a serious link. It’s an easy one for the media, he was popular here, loves the club and is out of contract. I just don’t think he’s within our financial scope.

I also doubt Langstaff was vetoed if Williams wanted him. We’re too weak up front to be doing that.

My guess would be either Milwall made a better offer or we were never seriously interested.

These lessons that they keep saying have been learned from previous windows. Looks very much like Deja vu so far to me.

Williams was seriously interested, he wanted him despite what will come out now when questioned. He told so many swans fans that Langstaff was a real target, he can’t get away from that one. But then he said Rushworth was coming back. I think both comments came out of inexperience.

I would say the low ball fee isn’t just £750,000 but the main thing would have been a salary the Swans just wouldn’t go for. Isn’t that always the case ?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 11:07 - Jul 8 with 1441 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 11:02 - Jul 8 by KeithHaynes

Williams was seriously interested, he wanted him despite what will come out now when questioned. He told so many swans fans that Langstaff was a real target, he can’t get away from that one. But then he said Rushworth was coming back. I think both comments came out of inexperience.

I would say the low ball fee isn’t just £750,000 but the main thing would have been a salary the Swans just wouldn’t go for. Isn’t that always the case ?

I would hazard a guess and it is only that. Williams is still in contact with Langstaff and was told what Millwall were going to pay him, we weren't prepared to pay that so didn't bother putting an offer in.
Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 11:08 - Jul 8 with 1440 viewsjack247

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 11:02 - Jul 8 by KeithHaynes

Agree completely and it’s the reason I can’t see anything in the McBurnie talk. He’d surely command a much higher salary.
Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 11:15 - Jul 8 with 1424 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 11:08 - Jul 8 by jack247

Agree completely and it’s the reason I can’t see anything in the McBurnie talk. He’d surely command a much higher salary.

That would depend on a signing on fee paid over the length of the contract. As with Joe Allen when he signed.
Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 11:30 - Jul 8 with 1384 viewsBoundy

The chances of McBurnie returning is about the same as plaiting fog , although he's not yet looking for a final big pay-out why would he lower his income at this moment in time , would any of us just because we had an affinity with a Club .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 11:54 - Jul 8 with 1342 viewsjack247

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 11:15 - Jul 8 by Whiterockin

That would depend on a signing on fee paid over the length of the contract. As with Joe Allen when he signed.

Which is likely to mean an even bigger gap in what we’d have to pay him compared to Langstaff.

He’s been successful in the Championship and played in the PL. Langstaff has been prolific, but at a much lower level. If we weren’t interested in him because Milwall gave him a better offer, we’ve got next to no chance with McBurnie
Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 19:12 - Jul 8 with 1099 viewsmax936

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 11:07 - Jul 8 by Whiterockin

I would hazard a guess and it is only that. Williams is still in contact with Langstaff and was told what Millwall were going to pay him, we weren't prepared to pay that so didn't bother putting an offer in.

Got veery little chance of signing Oli then, he won't come here for 2k a week and sausage and chips with salt and vinegar, he'll want the beans as well.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 19:51 - Jul 8 with 1033 viewsvetchonian

Keith where can these references re Williams telling fans Langstaff was a target to be found?
I ve seen nothing on line where LW states this....he is quoted back when he joined us about how he would like to work with Langstaff again...but apart from that I ve found nothing....so is this Chinese whispers from conversations he had with fans being passed on

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 20:20 - Jul 8 with 974 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 19:51 - Jul 8 by vetchonian

Keith where can these references re Williams telling fans Langstaff was a target to be found?
I ve seen nothing on line where LW states this....he is quoted back when he joined us about how he would like to work with Langstaff again...but apart from that I ve found nothing....so is this Chinese whispers from conversations he had with fans being passed on

You can find them online, but there’s indications he was confident. Post forum chats etc.

Twitter has a few, but tbh he’s dead and buried. I get bombarded every day with BS, and have to have a siesta at times. But I do know two Swans fans who will stand by the fact he ‘indicated’ Langstaff was on the cards.

Depends now I suppose what else we have in the pipeline.

Plus I can’t disclose our sources. One who was Adam Ant we would stand and deliver.

Quote of the day that mate.

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 20:26 - Jul 8 with 944 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 20:20 - Jul 8 by KeithHaynes

You can find them online, but there’s indications he was confident. Post forum chats etc.

Twitter has a few, but tbh he’s dead and buried. I get bombarded every day with BS, and have to have a siesta at times. But I do know two Swans fans who will stand by the fact he ‘indicated’ Langstaff was on the cards.

Depends now I suppose what else we have in the pipeline.

Plus I can’t disclose our sources. One who was Adam Ant we would stand and deliver.

Quote of the day that mate.

Like I said Chinese whispers....

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 20:28 - Jul 8 with 940 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 20:26 - Jul 8 by vetchonian

Like I said Chinese whispers....

Possibly. But a nice sweet and sour always comes with a variety of flavours. And opinions.

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 20:30 - Jul 8 with 924 viewsKeithHaynes

I will add it’s easy to sit in judgement in hindsight, however, what’s the point in making a judgement then saying ‘I knew that’ when you are sitting on your hands having a nice takeaway.

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 18:20 - Jul 9 with 592 viewsunion_jack

I hear Sheffield Utd are going all out to sign Kieffer Moore. Where w that leave OMcB?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 18:32 - Jul 9 with 557 viewsmax936

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 18:20 - Jul 9 by union_jack

I hear Sheffield Utd are going all out to sign Kieffer Moore. Where w that leave OMcB?

He'd love to play for Rangers, but is the feeling mutual I wonder can see him staying at Sheff Utd on same money myself, can't see him coming here for less money and I can't see us matching what he's on at SU.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 18:44 - Jul 9 with 530 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 18:32 - Jul 9 by max936

He'd love to play for Rangers, but is the feeling mutual I wonder can see him staying at Sheff Utd on same money myself, can't see him coming here for less money and I can't see us matching what he's on at SU.

Apparently SU are not prepared to pay him the same salary. Plus negotiations can not take place until their ownership is sorted out. Currently he is out of contract and not getting paid. Add to that there is no guarantee that SU or Rangers for that matter will offer him a contract.
Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 18:59 - Jul 9 with 497 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 18:32 - Jul 9 by max936

Rangers have loads of strikers and the Scots absolutely hate Mcburnie.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 19:40 - Jul 9 with 451 viewsjack247

Regardless of whether he stays at Sheffield United or goes to Rangers, there will be plenty of clubs with deeper pockets than us interested in him on a free.

I just can’t see us competing financially or him taking enough of a hit to make it work.

Love to be wrong. He’d suit us perfectly.
Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 19:43 - Jul 9 with 426 viewsraynor94

Swansea City : McBurnie update as all roads currently lead to nowhere on 19:40 - Jul 9 by jack247

Regardless of whether he stays at Sheffield United or goes to Rangers, there will be plenty of clubs with deeper pockets than us interested in him on a free.

I just can’t see us competing financially or him taking enough of a hit to make it work.

Love to be wrong. He’d suit us perfectly.

Well if we are putting in low ball offers for a 500k striker, I can't see us paying Ollie's wages.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024