Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 658753 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:57 - Jul 18 with 4937 viewsconnell10

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:30 - Jul 18 by Antti_Heinola

I see your and Bannister's point of view, but it does make me laugh. You know plenty of players we have signed have only come for the money? You know Steve Cook 'came for the money' in terms of a longer contract, right? You know when we signed Charlie Austin from Burnley, it was because we offered more money, right? It's just a weird stance to have, when our club, like all clubs, is happy to welcome players making the exact same decisions Willock and Armstrong are making.

If you don't want to cheer them when they come back, that's fine, who cares? Personally, as I've got older, I've found the booing of former players a bit embarrassing, and mainly it serves to fire them up more than anything. It's a bit self-defeating. I'd rather just cheer my own team. I think Armstrong always he did his best for us and he certainly really cared: he'll get a polite clap from me, and I think Willock had his ups and downs, but I'll always remember some of the absolute joy he provided, too.

The Armstrong move and your view on it is interesting because we have a pretty direct comparison with Dickie. Because he was so out of form, we didn't mind him going (and it may well be they offered more money, by the way), and so there's little or no bad blood. But because some fans don't think it's the right time for Armstrong to go, or are annoyed he refused a new contract (if another club is offering a better deal, why the fk would he sign a lower one?! Is he an idiot? Out of loyalty? To a group of fans who forced him to close his social media a few months back because of the amount of abuse he was taking? Yeah, why not) he can 'do one'.

Fans are funny beasts, but then, football wouldn't be football without those contradictions!

Blimey that's a long way up on your high horse!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:00 - Jul 18 with 4893 viewsWestonsuperR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 06:16 - Jul 18 by GaryBannister86

"Good luck for the future" - why? I always rated Sinclair and I really think he will come good but QPR is all I care about. When he goes I hope his career fades into miserable nothingness, alongside Willock.

I can already feel myself getting irritated when people clap on their return.

What for? We stand by these guys when they are learning / rubbish / injured and they don't even have the decency to sign a new contract that means we can get proper recompense like Eze. It's why I will always make more allowances for Dykes.

I know they only have one career etc, but that career could be a perfectly good one, just like Eze, without doing us over.

Well said. My passion is QPR once a player has left there is zero love from me, maybe a slight exception for Eze due to the sell-on and that he behaved impeccably during his time with us.

Armstrong and Willock have been offered deals and refused, I wish them nothing but bad luck and injuries (maybe harsh but honest!)
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:03 - Jul 18 with 4838 viewsWestonsuperR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:57 - Jul 18 by Monkey_Roots

Will we have inserted a sell-on clause?

I wouldn’t be hugely concerned if we didn’t, I’d be genuinely stunned to SA can turn himself into a player of Championship standard and generate a large transfer fee.

Take the 2.5M and run, incredible that a club are willing to offer this.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:03 - Jul 18 with 4838 viewsaston_hoop

Žan Celar move seems to have legs. By which I mean, his wife has started following the club on Instagram according to Twitter folk

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:06 - Jul 18 with 4782 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:03 - Jul 18 by aston_hoop

Žan Celar move seems to have legs. By which I mean, his wife has started following the club on Instagram according to Twitter folk

More importantly has she got proper WAG credentials?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:44 - Jul 18 with 4506 viewsdannyblue

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:03 - Jul 18 by aston_hoop

Can confirm she's following QPR
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:57 - Jul 18 with 4394 viewsAntti_Heinola

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:57 - Jul 18 by connell10

Blimey that's a long way up on your high horse!!

Not really, it's just a different opinion.

Bare bones.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:02 - Jul 18 with 4333 viewsPdog

Looks like we're using the Armstrong funds to replace him with Celar. More experienced, better goal record and more suited to our style of play as the focal striker.

In a 433 or 4231 the central striker usually requires a certain complimentary skillset, of which Armstrong didn't have. Frey, Dykes & from what I've seen of this new chap all seem to fit that similar mould.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:15 - Jul 18 with 4165 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:06 - Jul 18 by CroydonCaptJack

More importantly has she got proper WAG credentials?

Can confirm she definitely does.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:23 - Jul 18 with 4056 viewsRangersw12

I see your and Bannister's point of view, but it does make me laugh. You know plenty of players we have signed have only come for the money? You know Steve Cook 'came for the money' in terms of a longer contract, right? You know when we signed Charlie Austin from Burnley, it was because we offered more money, right? It's just a weird stance to have, when our club, like all clubs, is happy to welcome players making the exact same decisions Willock and Armstrong are making.

If you don't want to cheer them when they come back, that's fine, who cares? Personally, as I've got older, I've found the booing of former players a bit embarrassing, and mainly it serves to fire them up more than anything. It's a bit self-defeating. I'd rather just cheer my own team. I think Armstrong always he did his best for us and he certainly really cared: he'll get a polite clap from me, and I think Willock had his ups and downs, but I'll always remember some of the absolute joy he provided, too.

The Armstrong move and your view on it is interesting because we have a pretty direct comparison with Dickie. Because he was so out of form, we didn't mind him going (and it may well be they offered more money, by the way), and so there's little or no bad blood. But because some fans don't think it's the right time for Armstrong to go, or are annoyed he refused a new contract (if another club is offering a better deal, why the fk would he sign a lower one?! Is he an idiot? Out of loyalty? To a group of fans who forced him to close his social media a few months back because of the amount of abuse he was taking? Yeah, why not) he can 'do one'.

Fans are funny beasts, but then, football wouldn't be football without those contradictions!

I don't disagree with a lot of what you've posted there but I would say that I'm sure one of the reasons Austin came to us at the time was because we were faves for promotion.

I won't boo Armstrong or Willock when they come back but I also don't really care what they do now unless we have a sell on clause for Armstrong
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:28 - Jul 18 with 4001 viewsSydneyRs

With Dickie we knew he was capable of much better than his form in his last season with us. There is no such evidence in the case of Armstrong yet.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:30 - Jul 18 with 3979 viewsDavieQPR

We have got a good fee for an athlete with boots on.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:58 - Jul 18 with 3670 viewstkqpr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:57 - Jul 18 by Monkey_Roots

Will we have inserted a sell-on clause?

Got to have dont you think?

Unless it was £2.5m upfront cash but no add ons?? Poss? If so cash now please.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:00 - Jul 18 with 3649 viewsAntti_Heinola

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:23 - Jul 18 by Rangersw12

I don't disagree with a lot of what you've posted there but I would say that I'm sure one of the reasons Austin came to us at the time was because we were faves for promotion.

I won't boo Armstrong or Willock when they come back but I also don't really care what they do now unless we have a sell on clause for Armstrong

Well we might have been.
But we came 4th and Burnley came... 2nd. Location may have played a part though, I suspect.

Bare bones.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:13 - Jul 18 with 3465 viewshantssi

Transfer rumours 2024 on 13:00 - Jul 18 by Antti_Heinola

Well we might have been.
But we came 4th and Burnley came... 2nd. Location may have played a part though, I suspect.

I’d also add that we took a chance on both Willock and Armstrong and now they’ve decided they’re too good for us!
Cook is a different argument as Forest didn’t want him but we did (as previously when he chose Forest for the money!).
I shan’t boo them but I certainly don’t wish them well!!
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:24 - Jul 18 with 3118 viewsMaggsinho

Zan Celar to join imminently.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:31 - Jul 18 with 3003 viewsSonofpugwash

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:24 - Jul 18 by Maggsinho

Zan Celar to join imminently.

If he gets the service.Could work...

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:34 - Jul 18 with 2977 viewsBklynRanger

[Post edited 18 Jul 14:36]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:36 - Jul 18 with 2957 viewsBklynRanger

He has a very respectable ratio of goal-splats into the old onion bag per game-match.

Which for us of late is just mental, at any level.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:36 - Jul 18 with 2949 viewsThird_Division_South

Zan Celar, Celar
Slovenian superstar
Scores goals for QPR*
Zan Celar, Celar

*hopefully
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:37 - Jul 18 with 2940 viewsaston_hoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:31 - Jul 18 by Sonofpugwash

If he gets the service.Could work...

I'm very much obssessed with Žan the Man now, even more so than I was with Seb Polter when we signed him. Love a highlights reel!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:42 - Jul 18 with 2853 viewsNorthernr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:36 - Jul 18 by Third_Division_South

Zan Celar, Celar
Slovenian superstar
Scores goals for QPR*
Zan Celar, Celar

*hopefully

If we don't do it to 'How Bizarre' then we should have him taken back off us.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:50 - Jul 18 with 2732 viewsqueensparker

Armstrong for Celar is quite the swap.

I'm enjoying this close season so far
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:05 - Jul 18 with 2528 viewsBurnleyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:37 - Jul 18 by aston_hoop

I'm very much obssessed with Žan the Man now, even more so than I was with Seb Polter when we signed him. Love a highlights reel!

Defo. Liking the look of him. Quick, on the front foot, darts in behind, brave. Everything Dykes isn’t (apart from brave perhaps).

Everything going to plan. Unbelievable really.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:06 - Jul 18 with 2506 viewsdmm

I know a highlights vid can be very deceptive but Celar certainly looks like an upgrade on what we have.

Any further news on Jonathan Varane? I like the look of him too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024