Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ivan Toney w@nk fest 19:52 - Jan 20 with 19229 views100percent

Perhaps I'm watching this situation with QPR goggles, but seriously - Toney comes back after suspension of betting - against his own team in some instances - and is not only rewarded with the captains armband, but is fanboy welcomed by the people that he was derogatory towards ..... they are SO desperate to defend an absolute wrong un.... unreal.
Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 09:01 - Jan 22 with 3102 viewstraininvain

Going back to Ivan Toney, surely he’s destined for Chelsea as they’re the only club with the money who are daft enough to sign someone with such a questionable attitude.

Maybe add Man Utd to the list but they seem to be running low on cash. Can’t see Arteta having him at Arsenal after the way he bombed out the likes of Ozil and Aubameyang.
[Post edited 22 Jan 9:03]
Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 09:24 - Jan 22 with 3057 viewsngbqpr

As soon as I saw the title of this thread, Ivan Toney W@nk Fest was added to my ever-growing list of John Peel / Gilles Peterson session band names - thanks 100 percent.

Further thanks to QPsyR and Konk for providing me with their first two album titles:

Pinteresque Jottings
&
5th Generation Baggage Handlers
[Post edited 22 Jan 15:56]

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 11:14 - Jan 22 with 2952 viewsHamptonR

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 18:38 - Jan 21 by terryb

They certainly were, including a player who would have been in the England 1966 World Cup team.

However, there crime was to throw matches rather than bet on them. I don't think Toney was accused of doing that & the pools was the only legal way to bet on football at that time.

They were charged with match fixing, rather than gambling on matches, as in Toney's case.

However the match fixing was directly related to the betting on the matches. Some players took a fee, while others also placed a bet.
You could legally bet on football, from the early 1960s onwards.
Before it was legal there was still gambling taking place on matches.
Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 12:23 - Jan 22 with 2838 viewsTheChef

Love this thread

I though a lot of new Brentford were Chelscum who couldn't get in?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 13:29 - Jan 22 with 2723 viewsterryb

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 11:14 - Jan 22 by HamptonR

They were charged with match fixing, rather than gambling on matches, as in Toney's case.

However the match fixing was directly related to the betting on the matches. Some players took a fee, while others also placed a bet.
You could legally bet on football, from the early 1960s onwards.
Before it was legal there was still gambling taking place on matches.

I stand corrected about betting on matches. I was much too young to go in a bookmakers when these events occurred & thought that only horses & dogs were covered. I doubt that football betting had anywhere near the market it has now though.

My memory was that it was just a pools matter, but I'm obviously wrong. I think it was also before the removal of the maximum wage, not that that is any excuse. For the sake of one little(?) payout Peter Swan gave away his place of being England's centre half & Tony Kay would probably have been in front of Alan Ball & Martin Peters in the queue for an England place.

I personally think that Ivan Toney was treated very leniently with the length of his suspension, but I care not whether he thinks he is better than playing for Brentford or not!
Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 13:31 - Jan 22 with 2717 viewsNorthernr

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 23:36 - Jan 21 by NewBee

The difference being that one's a kid, whereas the other is a grown-up.

But hey, you got a draw. At home. Against a Bus Stop in Hounslow.

Break out the Asti Spumante!

We got three the following season and you went into hiding for six months.
Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 13:34 - Jan 22 with 2702 viewsNewBee

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 00:17 - Jan 22 by PunteR

Disappointing. C'mon Bee you're letting the whole of Brentford down with that response.
If you're gonna have the front to go on a QPR message board and give it the biggun, which you do, than at least give our resident Fulham fan something worth responding to.
Let yourself down there. League 2 response. You can take the Brentford out of league 2 but you cant take league 2 out of Brentford.
[Post edited 22 Jan 0:21]

"Front" is it?

Here's what happened:
1. QPR site opens thread about Bees player (fair enough, it's your site, your rules etc);
2. Passing Bees fans responds (well it is about a Bees player after all);
3. Angry Fulham fan weighs in with post about a Bees player on a QPR site.

Which is the odd-one-out?
[Post edited 22 Jan 13:37]
Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 13:37 - Jan 22 with 2686 viewsNewBee

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 13:31 - Jan 22 by Northernr

PTSD.

Oh and a bastard of a house move, which meant I wasn't even posting on Bees sites until it was sorted.
Login to get fewer ads

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 13:53 - Jan 22 with 2655 viewsBAWHoops

The fawning is strange. But then he's a very similar profile to how Les Ferdinand at us. The one player majority of neutrals can name from your team, England international, destined to make a big money move to a big club.
Also there was next to nothing happening in the Prem this weekend, the news reel has to keep ticking

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 14:16 - Jan 22 with 2597 viewsKonk

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 13:34 - Jan 22 by NewBee

"Front" is it?

Here's what happened:
1. QPR site opens thread about Bees player (fair enough, it's your site, your rules etc);

1. QPR fans discussing Ivan Toney on QPR board.

2. Brentford fan comes on and says he's not bothered about Toney being filmed saying 'fuc k Brentford 'because he was in Dubai and players are always doing this sort of thing (yeah, there was Lee Clark wearing a 'Sad Mackem bastard' t-shirt about 25 years ago and then there was...?) Brentford fan doesn't have issues with Toney having an 8 month ban for gambling, including backing his own team to lose, because Toney still has a good relationship with his team mates.

3. Relaxed Fulham fan chips in with observation that Toney seems like a right cu nt and questions how Brentford fans with any self-respect haven't got the hump with Toney.

4. Brentford fan posts picture of Fulham fan about to slice a cake.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 15:04 - Jan 22 with 2516 viewsNewBee

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 14:16 - Jan 22 by Konk

1. QPR fans discussing Ivan Toney on QPR board.

2. Brentford fan comes on and says he's not bothered about Toney being filmed saying 'fuc k Brentford 'because he was in Dubai and players are always doing this sort of thing (yeah, there was Lee Clark wearing a 'Sad Mackem bastard' t-shirt about 25 years ago and then there was...?) Brentford fan doesn't have issues with Toney having an 8 month ban for gambling, including backing his own team to lose, because Toney still has a good relationship with his team mates.

3. Relaxed Fulham fan chips in with observation that Toney seems like a right cu nt and questions how Brentford fans with any self-respect haven't got the hump with Toney.

4. Brentford fan posts picture of Fulham fan about to slice a cake.

No, I'm not particularly bothered, since I have long since grown up from imagining that all footballers really "love" their club, when the majority are just badge-kissers, constantly looking for the next move which will boost their career/bank balance etc.
It's how the professional game works, indeed how it has long worked. Or do you imagine eg that Johnny Haynes would have stayed at Fulham after the maximum wage was dropped, had they not made him the country's first £100 a week player?

Quite honestly, it's a short career which could stop at any time, so I don't blame any player for keeping an eye out for the main chance - esp a late developer like Toney (27), who has never earned the big money which most top PL players get.

As for the "Fcuk Brentford" video, of course that was pretty pathetic, but it's not as if he has been going on strike or angling for a move from Day One; employing some scuzzy agent to rush things along; inventing injuries, disrupting the dressing room and planting "stories" in the Press etc like manys another. Nor is he running his contract down so as to get a huge signing on fee, never mind moving to Saudi Arabia.

Instead he just wants to play for a big club which qualifies for Europe etc, will boost his England prospects and quadruple his wages into the bargain. What an awful human being, eh?

And maybe you think it perverse, or lacking in self-respect, but since players come and go, I personally am really only concerned with how he trains, plays and conducts himself generally while he's still at the club. And in that respect he always gives 100%. All of which I say about the worst players at the club, not just the best ones.

As for the gambling:
"The commission found that 29 bets related to the club Toney was registered with or on loan with at the time. These included 13 bets on his own club to lose, although Toney was not involved in those games. In 11 cases the bets were against Newcastle while he was on loan elsewhere and the other two relate to a Wigan v Aston Villa match while he was on loan at Wigan but not in the squad."
Which is not to condone any of that, but it's not like eg Harry Toffalo:
"The Nottingham Forest defender was given a suspended five-month ban after admitting 375 breaches of betting rules, having placed 40 historical bets involving his own team - 15 of those against his own team.
There were also two spot bets placed by the player on events which involved himself, occurring between January 2014 and March 2017."

Nor am I saying that the (8 month) Toney ban was too strict, or the Toffalo (5 month suspended) ban was too lenient - I leave those things to the Commission, who know a great deal more than you or I. Instead I'm just glad that that I don't suffer from the addiction that those two clearly have.

While as a Bees fan, neither have I ever rushed to other fans' websites to condemn eg Keiran Tripper, Daniel Sturridge, Matt Le Tissier or Keith Gillespie etc for their gambling offences, never mind lesser known cases like Lincoln's Bradley Wood (google him).

Now what was it you were saying about "context"?
Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 15:53 - Jan 22 with 2445 viewsParkRoyalR

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 15:04 - Jan 22 by NewBee

No, I'm not particularly bothered, since I have long since grown up from imagining that all footballers really "love" their club, when the majority are just badge-kissers, constantly looking for the next move which will boost their career/bank balance etc.
It's how the professional game works, indeed how it has long worked. Or do you imagine eg that Johnny Haynes would have stayed at Fulham after the maximum wage was dropped, had they not made him the country's first £100 a week player?

Quite honestly, it's a short career which could stop at any time, so I don't blame any player for keeping an eye out for the main chance - esp a late developer like Toney (27), who has never earned the big money which most top PL players get.

As for the "Fcuk Brentford" video, of course that was pretty pathetic, but it's not as if he has been going on strike or angling for a move from Day One; employing some scuzzy agent to rush things along; inventing injuries, disrupting the dressing room and planting "stories" in the Press etc like manys another. Nor is he running his contract down so as to get a huge signing on fee, never mind moving to Saudi Arabia.

Instead he just wants to play for a big club which qualifies for Europe etc, will boost his England prospects and quadruple his wages into the bargain. What an awful human being, eh?

And maybe you think it perverse, or lacking in self-respect, but since players come and go, I personally am really only concerned with how he trains, plays and conducts himself generally while he's still at the club. And in that respect he always gives 100%. All of which I say about the worst players at the club, not just the best ones.

As for the gambling:
"The commission found that 29 bets related to the club Toney was registered with or on loan with at the time. These included 13 bets on his own club to lose, although Toney was not involved in those games. In 11 cases the bets were against Newcastle while he was on loan elsewhere and the other two relate to a Wigan v Aston Villa match while he was on loan at Wigan but not in the squad."
"The Nottingham Forest defender was given a suspended five-month ban after admitting 375 breaches of betting rules, having placed 40 historical bets involving his own team - 15 of those against his own team.
There were also two spot bets placed by the player on events which involved himself, occurring between January 2014 and March 2017."

Nor am I saying that the (8 month) Toney ban was too strict, or the Toffalo (5 month suspended) ban was too lenient - I leave those things to the Commission, who know a great deal more than you or I. Instead I'm just glad that that I don't suffer from the addiction that those two clearly have.

While as a Bees fan, neither have I ever rushed to other fans' websites to condemn eg Keiran Tripper, Daniel Sturridge, Matt Le Tissier or Keith Gillespie etc for their gambling offences, never mind lesser known cases like Lincoln's Bradley Wood (google him).

Mate, there is something like a 150 page thread on your forum about our club, that's where you should be posting,

Thought you'd be tired after all that full-time gimp dancing and lights show at yours to even bother lurking on here the day after,

Saying that if I had to put up with Billy & the Beesotted Crew, I get why you'd enjoy reading Clive's writings and spending more time on this messageboard than your own clubs.
Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 16:57 - Jan 22 with 2360 viewsJimthehip

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 00:06 - Jan 22 by Konk

Mate, we have lots of middle-class fans - we play in what is now a poncey part of town and the Cottage isn't an aggy place to watch a game. Tickets are easy to come by if you have £££ and you're not getting any bother. Couldn't give a shi t, but it makes me laugh a lot, the way Brentford - who in my experience seem to have a bit of a non-league/official coach/club shop wardrobe/my real team is Arsenal vibe, carry on like you're absolute geezers.

The average Brentford fan is probably very similar to the average Fulham fan, but with a bigger chip on their shoulder/inferiority complex, and more interest in Arsenal.

I don't understand why Fulham are supposed to be "middle class"?

I mean it s just a silly putdown QPR fans invented because we lose every time we play you and have literally not a single coherent comeback isn't it?
Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 17:48 - Jan 22 with 2301 viewsPunteR

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 13:34 - Jan 22 by NewBee

"Front" is it?

Here's what happened:

Here's what happened:
1. QPR Message board has a thread about Ivan Toney
2. Bee fan starts defending him
3. Bee fan gets all upset like a little girl when everyone calls Bee fan out who then starts posting rubbish memes.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 17:51 - Jan 22 with 2297 viewsMedwayR

As for the gambling:

So the "f*ck Brentford" video was him giving 100% in his conduct.
Getting an 8 month ban for gambling was him giving 100% in his conduct.

Wow.

It's good that you have long grown up from imagining that all footballers really "love" their club, but you seem content with your star player treating your club with contempt which is the bit none of us can understand.

Poll: Who’s better?

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 18:37 - Jan 22 with 2225 viewsNewBee

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 17:51 - Jan 22 by MedwayR

So the "f*ck Brentford" video was him giving 100% in his conduct.
Getting an 8 month ban for gambling was him giving 100% in his conduct.

Wow.

It's good that you have long grown up from imagining that all footballers really "love" their club, but you seem content with your star player treating your club with contempt which is the bit none of us can understand.

Oh ffs!

He was off-duty - suspended from duty actually - and was being egged on by a fit young bird, probably a Man U fan or somesuch, who he was looking to get into bed back in his 5 star hotel. So he gave her a two second selfie to impress her friends back home, without even thinking she'd put it on TikTok. Even though it was always going to happen.

And he certainly never imagined that QPR and Fulham fans would be getting outraged on behalf of Brentford - thanks for thinking of us btw.

Anyhow, it was puerile/unwise/embarrassing/whatever - but who here never engaged cock before brain at his age? (Might even have been a few drinks involved.)

Meanwhile, after 135 years of existence, I remain hopeful that BFC will somehow withstand this devastating blow to its reputation and self-esteem...
[Post edited 22 Jan 18:38]
Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 19:01 - Jan 22 with 2199 viewsloftupper

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 18:37 - Jan 22 by NewBee

Oh ffs!

He was off-duty - suspended from duty actually - and was being egged on by a fit young bird, probably a Man U fan or somesuch, who he was looking to get into bed back in his 5 star hotel. So he gave her a two second selfie to impress her friends back home, without even thinking she'd put it on TikTok. Even though it was always going to happen.

And he certainly never imagined that QPR and Fulham fans would be getting outraged on behalf of Brentford - thanks for thinking of us btw.

Anyhow, it was puerile/unwise/embarrassing/whatever - but who here never engaged cock before brain at his age? (Might even have been a few drinks involved.)

Meanwhile, after 135 years of existence, I remain hopeful that BFC will somehow withstand this devastating blow to its reputation and self-esteem...

Not tried slagging off my employer in order to impress a lady before, but then I've been married for nearly 30 years so maybe things have changed. Either it must be tough out there these days or Ivan has simply got no game
Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 19:14 - Jan 22 with 2178 viewsNewBee

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 19:01 - Jan 22 by loftupper

Not tried slagging off my employer in order to impress a lady before, but then I've been married for nearly 30 years so maybe things have changed. Either it must be tough out there these days or Ivan has simply got no game

I don't pretend to understand the yoof of today, but I do know that mixing 'Celebrity'+Money+Sex+Social Media doesn't usually end very well.

But still the Earth turns...
Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 19:14 - Jan 22 with 2172 viewspaulparker

TBF to Toney if the bird involved had ask me to say fcuk QPR , my family or anything else I would of like a shot if it meant getting near her under crackers

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 19:17 - Jan 22 with 2171 viewsShotKneesHoop

Two spot on with facts and morals - and you are wrong - job done.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 19:21 - Jan 22 with 2154 viewsMedwayR

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 18:37 - Jan 22 by NewBee

Oh ffs!

So she wasn't going to sleep with the millionaire footballer but once he said "f*ck Brentford" her knickers were off, that's a bizarre defence for his show of contempt towards your club.

Poll: Who’s better?

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 19:37 - Jan 22 with 2124 viewsMick_S

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 19:14 - Jan 22 by paulparker

TBF to Toney if the bird involved had ask me to say fcuk QPR , my family or anything else I would of like a shot if it meant getting near her under crackers

You win

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 19:55 - Jan 22 with 2103 views100percent

As for the gambling:

Still find it absolutely incredible that not only the poor behaviour of Toney is being called out by brentford fans, but the fact it's actually being excused and accepted is completely unreal. Seriously?? - it reeks of desperation..
Also, just for 'context' here - one thing that myself and any other QPR fan was not doing whilst we were 'riding high' in the bottom half of the premier league, was going onto the brentford forum and chasing interaction and engagement - we took very little or no notice of you - ever.
The reality of the situation IMHO, is that brentford fans offer very little knowledge or experience of long term support of their club - excepting the 4k or so that stayed with them through thick and thin. You have conjured up 12/15k of fans from nowhere - or shall we say, from other clubs.
When you speak about 'the system' rather than the passion and emotional engagement of the club, I tend to glaze over - it's smug and cynical. Maybe that's naïve and myopic, but I'm in my 60's, I've seen a lot of comings and goings and it allows me to look at how things have developed over long periods of time. I think at QPR we are going through a poor period, but this will pass - it does, I've experienced it. Yes, we should look at a better business model - but at the expense of calling out mercenary poor behaviour? No, not for me - rather call it what it is.... disrespectful.
For your sake, I hope the brentford system is more sustainable than the wimbledon/milton keynes model....
Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 21:40 - Jan 22 with 1964 viewsNewBee

@100percent: "Still find it absolutely incredible that not only the poor behaviour of Toney is being called out by brentford fans, but the fact it's actually being excused and accepted is completely unreal."
NB: Nowhere did I say it was excused - he shouldn't have said it. But it happened, I daresay he apologised to the manager, it didn't harm anyone outside of BFC, while (far) worse things are happening all the time - Barton, Henderson, Everton/Forest/City cheating FFP etc, his own gambling even.
But yeah, even months later we should continue to get all agitated about this bolleaux...

@100percent:"Also, just for 'context' here - one thing that myself and any other QPR fan was not doing whilst we were 'riding high' in the bottom half of the premier league, was going onto the brentford forum and chasing interaction and engagement - we took very little or no notice of you - ever."
NB: But now that you're not 'riding so high', you open a thread on a Bees player which gets 25-odd replies before I ever even came near. And now it's on page 4, with 6.5k views. Oh poor, dear QPR, how has it come to this?

@100percent: "I think at QPR we are going through a poor period, but this will pass"
NB: Just as BFC current good period will also pass.

@100percent: "For your sake, I hope the brentford system is more sustainable than the wimbledon/milton keynes model...."
NB: Whether it is sustainable or not, it bears precisely ZERO comparison with that of Wimbledon/MK Dons.
(Not moving 50 miles to our new stadium should have been a clue )
Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 21:52 - Jan 22 with 1916 viewsstowmarketrange

Ivan Toney w@nk fest on 13:31 - Jan 22 by Northernr

As I said at the time,you won’t hear from him for 6 months because of a house move rather than his team losing to us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024