Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration 09:15 - Nov 29 with 9857 viewsNorthernr

Seriously, help. How on earth do you grade that? At 79 minutes I don't think I had anybody north of a 5/10.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 15:14 - Nov 29 with 1545 viewsCateLeBonR

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 14:57 - Nov 29 by SK_hoops

Dykes seems far better at scoring off the cuff goals than ones where he has time.

Dykes seems better at scoring ‘side on’ to me. I’d love to see a compilation of his goals for us (won’t take long haha), I’m sure very few will be from him facing the goal/running into the box. I could be wrong and it might be true of a lot of strikers.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 15:42 - Nov 29 with 1458 viewsSuperhoops2808

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 15:09 - Nov 29 by BAWHoops

I'd go

Begovic - 6 - Did his job well and looked assured
Kakay - 4 - Works hard but isn't, hasn't been and never will be required quality
Cook - 7 - Did really well holding it together first half
Dunne - 4 - Shown up by how good JCS was
Paal - 5 - Barely got forward and pathetic clearance for their 2nd
Colback - 5 - 10 mins saved him at end, but thought he was one pace off
Field - 5 - Couldn't really get to grips with the game
EDB - 5 - Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit
Chair - 7 - From 65 mins on he ran the game. Led the fightback
Smyth - 6 - Very hit and miss, but won the red card and causes problems
Dykes - 6 - He wasn't shit, he wasn't good, he scored 2 goals
JCS - 7 - Made a huge difference when he came on
Cannon - 6 - An upgrade on Ozzy
Willock 5 - Yes he scored, but jesus he's a tough watch right now
Kelman - 5 - Forgot he was on the pitch

Kakay a 4??? Behave!!
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 15:51 - Nov 29 with 1448 viewsridethewave

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 10:04 - Nov 29 by Antti_Heinola

Clive, there was a moment second half where we heard you say something like 'Dykes, you can't finish, you can't hold the ball up, you can't win headers' and my mate turned to me and said 'I don't think Dykes is going to be getting a high mark in the match ratings tomorrow.'

Views above say it all, one poster putting Chair in the bad category, another (correctly) having him as motm contender. So, good luck! For me, it was a real mix, at times good, at times flabbergastingly incompetent (the 60 seconds around Dykes's miss, Dunne's horrendous error, and the pathetic goal conceded from a corner), at other times, really quite good, and for the first time in ages, lots of good chances created.

I think given that, the average level is about a 6, as we won, but no one higher than a 7:

Begovic - 6
Kakay - 5
Paal - 4 (not great overall and mark off for his role in the second goal)
Cook - 7
Dunne - 4 (generous, had a nightmare)
Colback - 6 (at times a 7, at times a 5, so split the difference)
Field - 5 (odd performance from him)
EDB - 6
Chair - 7
Smyth - 6 (probably the hardest to judge with Dykes, and the personification of the team: occasionally dangerous, but occasionally ready to hand the game to the opposition. Poor finishing on two occasions)
Dykes - 7 (inexplicably a 7 given the miss and some of his play, but if you score 2 goals in this team, what else can you give? Turned the game with that goal.)

Willock - 6
Cannon - 7
Larkeche - 7
JCS - 7
Kelman - 6

Chair wasn't a 7, and I cannot bear giving Dykes a 7 after that miss, we only got away with it because of the sending off. Could and should have cost us the game.

But otherwise agree with all those ratings.

Not an easy task rating that performance, it was the worst I've seen us look under this manager and yet we got the result...
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 16:03 - Nov 29 with 1421 viewsNorthernr

I'd go

Kakay - 4 - Works hard but isn't, hasn't been and never will be required quality

This is where I am I think, give or take a couple.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 16:52 - Nov 29 with 1325 viewsVancouverHoop

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 14:57 - Nov 29 by SK_hoops

Dykes seems far better at scoring off the cuff goals than ones where he has time.

Agree. In the game he thinks too much, good strikers are intuitive. OTOH he has tons of time to think about his penalty kicks and it's not a problem. "There's nowt so queer as folk," as my Mum used to say.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 16:53 - Nov 29 with 1309 viewsdenhamhoop2

I'd go

Bit harsh on Ozzie a mark too high for Begovic he should be saving the second for me Chair a 6 a 5 from when he played left and a 7 when switched to a Number 10/free role MOTM for me Cannon his extra quality helped to drive us forward but realistically the ref won us the game last night
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:22 - Nov 29 with 1258 viewsParkRoyalR

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 17:23 - Nov 29 with 1253 viewseastside_r

I do wonder why everyone gets so animated by this.

I would quite happily enjoy the match reports without player ratings. Maybe allocate a MOTM but I could live without that as well.
Login to get fewer ads

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 17:34 - Nov 29 with 1224 viewsParkRoyalR

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 16:03 - Nov 29 by Northernr

This is where I am I think, give or take a couple.

I agree with a couple (Chair + Begovic) and disagree with the other 13,

Genuine one, but sometimes feel posters who go as a group might be guilty of a bit of group-think,

One example being JCS comes on against 10 men when they're sitting back but Kakay being given responsibility of being our main outlet when we have few options and cant hold possession, especially with their 22 showing Dozell how it's done and surely the blue-print for Chair going forward in the middle,

No drama, and hope JCS is MOTM so we get the Venables link but context is important especially for Kakay and very easy to dig-out the likes of Dunne + Dykes who are real team players + always put the team first.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 18:32 - Nov 29 with 1136 viewsStanisgod

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 10:16 - Nov 29 by Esox_Lucius

Within a couple of minutes of getting on the pitch Willock started limping heavily and looked like that was him done as he didn't appear to run it off at all. Soon after I noticed him give a thumbs up to the bench so I thought, OK he wasn't trying to get off and avoid further injuries ahead of him running his contract down. His play was lack lustre and a move broke down on our right when he dropped back to receive a ball and sent it further back when we had some bodies in the box and about that time I wouldn't have given him more than a 1-2 rating. He definitely improved after our equaliser and took a fine goal but over all a 4-5 was about all I would feel happy giving him. Last night was the worst game I have seen Field play for us so I don't know what is going on there and Jimmy Dunne wasn't really on it at all but is returning after injury so I'm not too worried. Colback is a flat out liability in the side no matter how many good things he does in a game; has someone told him to watch Samba Diakité videos as a benchmark?
When Lyndon missed that gift to make it 2-0 I thought that that was him done for good now but he made me swallow my words and scored a really well taken turn and shoot goal and if it hadn't been Pearson getting his foot in first he would be celebrating his first hattrick for the Hoops. he has a real never say die, indomitable attitude and getting off his sickbed to play epitomises what he offers. His lay offs and headers won will probably be ignored by those detractors he has but as it stands, we would be a much worse team without him, same with Chair. He is hampered by playing out wide left and it was noticeable that the few minutes where he and Dykes swapped places provided some of his best movement and attacking play.

If one more person mentions Dykes getting off his sick bed , as a free pass for being mostly awful, I'll get seriously angry.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 19:40 - Nov 29 with 1059 viewsericgen34

I'd go

Bit harsh to miss out on Larkeche whose first contribution got the winning goal, and a Pearson own goal as well :)
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 19:49 - Nov 29 with 1041 viewsstevec

If anyone gives JCS a 7 for half an hour of football, we’ll never get another 90 minutes out of him.

Feet up, cigar. We all know what happens next.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 19:49 - Nov 29 with 1044 viewsQPROslo

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 18:32 - Nov 29 by Stanisgod

If one more person mentions Dykes getting off his sick bed , as a free pass for being mostly awful, I'll get seriously angry.

Got off his sick bed? I heard Dykes played Keepie Uppies in his sick bed with the nurses to ensure his rehab got off to the best of starts.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 20:00 - Nov 29 with 999 viewsNorthernr

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 17:23 - Nov 29 by eastside_r

I do wonder why everyone gets so animated by this.

I would quite happily enjoy the match reports without player ratings. Maybe allocate a MOTM but I could live without that as well.

And as you've seen here, basically every player in the team last night is drawing marks between 4 and 8, so what chance have I got?

Not so bloody easy after all is it?
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 20:26 - Nov 29 with 936 viewsdaveinmelbourne

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 09:32 - Nov 29 by dmm

Give Cifuentes the MotM award. He won the game for us.

Agree, the substitutions did it. Cannon, Lakerche stretching them down the flanks, Paal into midfield where Colback was starting to tire.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 20:59 - Nov 29 with 889 viewseastside_r

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 20:00 - Nov 29 by Northernr

And as you've seen here, basically every player in the team last night is drawing marks between 4 and 8, so what chance have I got?

Not so bloody easy after all is it?

I think you might have misunderstood me.

I completely sympathise with you. Giving marks for players is a complete nightmare.

I am not sure what it adds to your reports and it obviously causes you grief.

I think you should just lose the player ratings, but I suspect that I am probably very much in the minority on this one.
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 21:07 - Nov 29 with 876 viewsNorthernr

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 20:59 - Nov 29 by eastside_r

I think you might have misunderstood me.

I completely sympathise with you. Giving marks for players is a complete nightmare.

I am not sure what it adds to your reports and it obviously causes you grief.

I think you should just lose the player ratings, but I suspect that I am probably very much in the minority on this one.

Sorry mate, I was agreeing with you!
MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 21:18 - Nov 29 with 814 viewsHooping_Mad

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 10:21 - Nov 29 by gazza1

I'm not getting involved with this one Norf but......

to put Willock as one of our best players on the night is wrong, he scored (didnt do too much more) so if you want that to be 'everything' then sobeit.

To put Chair, Paal & Colback as the worst players is madness (they were all good on the night and among our best players on the night), glad the Manager did not think that way because they all played the full match!! Just a bit more about Colback, he was involved with their two goals, the first I thought their player got lucky with the bounce, the 2nd their player went around him but I think Begovic may have done better.

Cannon livened it up after a decent game by Kakay again. Well done to Larkeche for his efforts for the short time he was playing. EDB did OK (whatever mark that would be), another match under his belt.

As for the keeper, I'm not sure if he should if he should have done better for their 2nd goal. Dunne, Field & Smyth were OK, nothing more. The 2 subs, Kelman - nothing really but did show some pace & JCS will start at Preston ahead of Dunne.

We come to Dykes......the penalty is 'bread & butter' as far as I am concerned, his 2nd was very good indeed - well done. Overall play outside of the goals - nothing different than we have seen for two years or more. No comment about the 1 on 1 with the keeper, I will leave that to PRR to have his say!!!!

My thanks to Norf for giving me this opportunity ....over to you Norf.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 10:28]

Colback was subbed on 88

I'd give the MOM to Dykes, think he could do with it and second goal was very well taken.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2023 23:37]

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

MOTM/Ratings - group collaboration on 22:41 - Nov 29 with 727 viewsMidlands_Ranger

The desire from Larkeche was admirable! It's exactly what I wanna see from a player. Can't knock Dykes, despite the miss, a couple of goals and he can get away with it. It wasn't a 10/10 perfect performance but I kinda like that, it was crazy and up and down but it was a game of football,one that we wanted to win and yeah we got there in the end and made sure we did. You need to be able to win like this in these sort of games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024