Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock - Last Night 10:19 - Sep 20 with 11342 viewscalHoop

I found it quite sad watching Willock last night. I didn't see a lack of effort, just a player that looked completely bereft of anything. Maybe we haven't realised what the injuries have done to him. He didn't want to take a player on, couldn't find that slight burst of speed when turning to take him away from the tackle, Just looked completely lost, sad to see.

Don't know if others think the same, I hope it's confidence. But, maybe he'll never be close to being the same player again, whether that's with us or somewhere else next season.
Willock - Last Night on 12:49 - Sep 20 with 2597 viewsdaveB

I thought he was OK, had 2/3 defenders on him all game but managed to keep the ball. He did fade in the second half and not really clear where he was supposed to be playing which didn't help. Obviously miles below what he was a year ago but did look a lot more interested last night and was urging players on towards the end, I wouldn't write him off yet
Willock - Last Night on 12:54 - Sep 20 with 2563 viewsLazyFan

He needs game time, Swansea is not a good bar as while they are poor, what they are known for is parking the bus. They were also desperate for a win and when you get a gift like a handball goal away from home, then you park the bus hard.

Thus its difficult for Willock or any of them as you cannot play through them as they slow you down one by one, allowing players you have just beaten to run back and get back into position.

The only way to beat teams like that is a cross/shotl into the box and to win it in the box. Trying to break em down rarely works as there are too many of them. It's what we did to Burnley last season.

Luckly Swansea are so poor that they cannot hold onto even a gift from the ref like that and a poor QPR side. They will go down.

zzzzzzzzzz

Willock - Last Night on 13:37 - Sep 20 with 2469 viewsDiddy

Willock had a quiet game last night in my view, not sure if it's injuries or how he feels as a footballer being at QPR at the moment. Hopefully the former, look forward to him getting back to his best soon.
Willock - Last Night on 17:22 - Sep 20 with 2345 viewsthehat

The problem with playing Chair and Willock in the same team is when we get possession turned over neither want to do the ugly stuff and get back behind the ball. Several times last night we had Chair, Willock, Armstrong, Pall and Smyth wrong side in transition that left wide open spaces which meant Field and Dozzell were being pulled into their areas leaving big gaps. Against a better side we would have been murdered.

I think we need to play Chair or Willock but not both.
Willock - Last Night on 17:38 - Sep 20 with 2309 viewssparkey

Willock - Last Night on 17:22 - Sep 20 by thehat

The problem with playing Chair and Willock in the same team is when we get possession turned over neither want to do the ugly stuff and get back behind the ball. Several times last night we had Chair, Willock, Armstrong, Pall and Smyth wrong side in transition that left wide open spaces which meant Field and Dozzell were being pulled into their areas leaving big gaps. Against a better side we would have been murdered.

Dunno what game you were watching yesterday if you think Chair won't do the dirty work, he was everywhere in both attack and trying to win the ball back.
Willock - Last Night on 17:45 - Sep 20 with 2253 viewsParkRoyalR

A fully fit Chris Willock gives this team end product and a real cutting edge in the final third,

Lots of teams play good football across the park and then struggle to create in the final third (as Swansea did last night)

We had probably 5 goal-scoring opportunities last night and Willock arguably created 2 (or 40%) of these and imo, our best created and easiest chance, being:

1) Willock's cross into 6 yard box in 2nd Half, pin-point onto Smyth's head from 30 yards, easiest chance of the night, poor finish from Smyth and positional play to be offside

2) Dozzell's through ball to Armstrong, who had time to adjust and move to his right foot but snatched at it

3) Willock's excellent run in 1st Half forcing Keeper to save at near post

4) Field's excellent early cross into Dykes which imo was an easier chance than the one Dykes took and scored

5) Chair's cross into Dykes for actual goal, great movement and controlled header from Dykes from a cross that was put in at pace into a dangerous area

Lots of players work hard but very few have an end product at this level like a fully fit Chris Willock, we need to back the lad.
Willock - Last Night on 18:32 - Sep 20 with 2206 viewsHastings_Hoops

I would find it just desserts if he ends up with a renewed contract on QPR’s terms being his best offer in the summer. Such a waste of two + years of talent not signing a contract extension - let’s not forget this is the overriding issue here.
Willock - Last Night on 18:54 - Sep 20 with 2183 viewsDiddy

Willock - Last Night on 17:22 - Sep 20 by thehat

I don't understand why players don't track back or run back to make sure they are not offside. They are young guys paid to keep fit among other things. If you noticed it surely GA would have done and pulled them up on, but it seems alot of players in general do this and I don't understand why managers tolerate it.
Login to get fewer ads

Willock - Last Night on 22:09 - Sep 20 with 2086 viewsbaz_qpr

I thought he did ok, the problem for me was I dont think we were particularly organised attacking, so especially first half so If Smyth got down the line no one was other than Armstrong was in the box, when Willock got on the ball the running off the ball either to receive or make space for him to run into was not there.
Willock - Last Night on 05:39 - Sep 21 with 1967 viewsSydneyRs

Willock - Last Night on 18:32 - Sep 20 by Hastings_Hoops

I would find it just desserts if he ends up with a renewed contract on QPR’s terms being his best offer in the summer. Such a waste of two + years of talent not signing a contract extension - let’s not forget this is the overriding issue here.

I just don't get why he doesn't sign now. The way things are currently going he'll be lucky to have any club at all, let alone a better/more lucrative one, if he just runs down his contract here without his performances significantly improving for a sustained period.
Willock - Last Night on 06:12 - Sep 21 with 1930 viewsnumptydumpty

Willock certainly improving last couple of games, which is encouraging.

When Willock and Chair enjoy their telepathic awareness of each other, this team is reminiscent of a team, knocking on the play offs door.

Was last seen under much missed Mark Warburton.

Games together are key but there is something within Ainsworths approach that suggests this is not seen as a thing..

Both Chair and Willock would benefit from scoring as both lost confidence.

But I not a member myself of the boo boys targeting Willock. Don't understand that myself and I think he is improving.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Willock - Last Night on 07:23 - Sep 21 with 1901 viewsLadbrokeR

So overall he wasn’t completely poor. He needs game time and fingers crossed he’s got a bit more to give. I might add I think we’re going to need it.
Willock - Last Night on 10:02 - Sep 21 with 1768 viewsToast_R

He just needs to play. We know he's got the quality, he just needs to trust himself more and build back his confidence. If Warnock was manager, I bet he'd be telling him on the quiet that he's going to start every game from now on.
Willock - Last Night on 10:26 - Sep 21 with 1733 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hasn’t he done this to himself?

I’ve no proof so this may be totally out of order, but if the rumours are true, he’s made himself unpickable for the last ten months to garner a move, and now that move hasn’t materialised he’s suffering the fitness related consequences of inaction.

No one wins. He’ll leave on a free or for a low offer, won’t get the salary or kudos he’s after and the fans go mental.

Hope I’m wrong and apologies Chris if this isn’t the case.
Willock - Last Night on 10:50 - Sep 21 with 1693 viewshoops_legend

Listen if he had kept up his form he would have gone by now. So let’s make the most of him, get behind him as we know he has the ability and we may have a awesome player again for second half of this season

Also extend his contract if we can

Let’s not give up on someone who we know could be our best player
Willock - Last Night on 10:55 - Sep 21 with 1681 viewskernowhoop

Willock - Last Night on 18:54 - Sep 20 by Diddy

I don't understand why players don't track back or run back to make sure they are not offside. They are young guys paid to keep fit among other things. If you noticed it surely GA would have done and pulled them up on, but it seems alot of players in general do this and I don't understand why managers tolerate it.

A reasonable comment to make Diddy, but, I wonder what managers actually see from their usual position on the touchline? It is hardly the 'best seat in the house'. I think that I would want to watch the game from somewhere where I had a better view of what was going on and pass instructions down to an assistant when I wanted to tweak things.
Willock - Last Night on 14:13 - Sep 21 with 1588 viewsWelsh_Ranger

He only needs to look at Luke Amos, similar fitness issues and now without a club as no-one wants to touch him.
Willock - Last Night on 17:11 - Sep 21 with 1437 viewsnumptydumpty

Willock - Last Night on 10:26 - Sep 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Hasn’t he done this to himself?

I’ve no proof so this may be totally out of order, but if the rumours are true, he’s made himself unpickable for the last ten months to garner a move, and now that move hasn’t materialised he’s suffering the fitness related consequences of inaction.

No one wins. He’ll leave on a free or for a low offer, won’t get the salary or kudos he’s after and the fans go mental.

Hope I’m wrong and apologies Chris if this isn’t the case.

Where have these rumours originated from Bazz.

The clubs line has been he has suffered serious hamstring issues that keep reoccurring.

it's hard to judge him as being unmotivated because wanted to force a move if all the noise from the club is saying completely the opposite.

Appreciate there could be logic to the club saying this if the opposite is true, but until reports are verified as correct by those at the club, in the meantime there has developed a lot of anger online on such sites as this.

If you got valid sources as to the downing tools as the issue, would like to know where this information has come from, otherwise its all unhelpful hearsay and wild speculation. Ie not confirmed as valid !!!

Willock at his best is a massive weapon for ourselves, nearly said tool but then my words could be well and truly twisted like perhaps has been done throughout this saga !!!
[Post edited 22 Sep 2023 2:37]

Willock - Last Night on 22:51 - Sep 21 with 1328 viewsDiddy

Willock - Last Night on 10:55 - Sep 21 by kernowhoop

A reasonable comment to make Diddy, but, I wonder what managers actually see from their usual position on the touchline? It is hardly the 'best seat in the house'. I think that I would want to watch the game from somewhere where I had a better view of what was going on and pass instructions down to an assistant when I wanted to tweak things.

I agree, the view from the touchline isn't the best to get a tactical appreciation of the game. In the highly unlikely event I became a manager I would either sit high in the stands or have some from of technology that gave me this view from the dugout/technical area although I don't think GA uses a monitor etc and with all the data and video from each game surely it can be seen what players didn't track back and who remained in offside positions and then they get told not to do it. It seems really simple to me for a professional footballer to track back or stay onside and yet time and time again they don't
Willock - Last Night on 23:41 - Sep 21 with 1261 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Willock - Last Night on 17:11 - Sep 21 by numptydumpty

Where have these rumours originated from Bazz.

The clubs line has been he has suffered serious hamstring issues that keep reoccurring.

it's hard to judge him as being unmotivated because wanted to force a move if all the noise from the club is saying completely the opposite.

Appreciate there could be logic to the club saying this if the opposite is true, but until reports are verified as correct by those at the club, in the meantime there has developed a lot of anger online on such sites as this.

If you got valid sources as to the downing tools as the issue, would like to know where this information has come from, otherwise its all unhelpful hearsay and wild speculation. Ie not confirmed as valid !!!

Willock at his best is a massive weapon for ourselves, nearly said tool but then my words could be well and truly twisted like perhaps has been done throughout this saga !!!
[Post edited 22 Sep 2023 2:37]

Everything on this forum is hearsay until the club announce it.
Willock - Last Night on 23:42 - Sep 21 with 1258 viewsgolborne

Well done to the majority on this thread. The odd stupid assessment (you’re all welcome to your views, but Chair and Willock firing in the same team have been some of the most pleasing and easiest on the eye moments of the past 25 years, 2nd only to Adel).

That aside, it was a welcome constructive thread, rather idiots calling him out for wanting a big move away. As it stands he’s fighting for mental and physical fitness, not a move away.

Threads like this make me want to visit the site, rather than reading absolute stuck in the dark ages shite posted by….I’ll leave it there. Well done all and fingers crossed on Chris Willock.
Willock - Last Night on 01:30 - Sep 22 with 1205 viewsSydneyRs

Willock - Last Night on 23:42 - Sep 21 by golborne

Well done to the majority on this thread. The odd stupid assessment (you’re all welcome to your views, but Chair and Willock firing in the same team have been some of the most pleasing and easiest on the eye moments of the past 25 years, 2nd only to Adel).

That aside, it was a welcome constructive thread, rather idiots calling him out for wanting a big move away. As it stands he’s fighting for mental and physical fitness, not a move away.

Threads like this make me want to visit the site, rather than reading absolute stuck in the dark ages shite posted by….I’ll leave it there. Well done all and fingers crossed on Chris Willock.

He's refused to sign a new deal so certainly was looking for a big move away and its fairly well documented that his father was driving some of that. There's no way a "big" move is happening anytime soon as he's been out of sorts for a long time now. Not all his fault of course, injury problems a big factor, but the fact is his situation has changed.

My point is he's currently struggling and has been for a while due to injury and form issues. Right now he's not in a place where the type of deal he might have wanted is realistic. So why not sign on here and at least guarantee himself an income for the next few years, because unless things get better for him he might find himself unemployed as are plenty of other football players.

Sign here, work your way back to something like your best and the move will come for the benefit of all parties. Right now seems happy just to run down the clock and leave us (and possibly himself also) high and dry.
Willock - Last Night on 02:44 - Sep 22 with 1187 viewsnumptydumpty

Willock - Last Night on 23:41 - Sep 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Everything on this forum is hearsay until the club announce it.

So the club have announced consistently about his injuries but yourself and others ignore that and say he has downed tools and was angling for a move.

You just contradicted yourself with your own reply.

The club did announce about his injuries.

Willock - Last Night on 02:58 - Sep 22 with 1185 viewsdaveinmelbourne

I feel sorry for the lad, obviously hasn’t got confidence to push himself with his sprinting etc. he needs a decent mobility coach to work with him. Something many professional sports teams neglect surprisingly.
Willock - Last Night on 16:54 - Sep 22 with 1001 viewsgolborne

Willock - Last Night on 02:44 - Sep 22 by numptydumpty

So the club have announced consistently about his injuries but yourself and others ignore that and say he has downed tools and was angling for a move.

You just contradicted yourself with your own reply.

The club did announce about his injuries.

Here come the orks
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024