Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
**Burnley Match Thread** 13:20 - Apr 21 with 71066 viewsted_hendrix

Let us pray.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

**Burnley Match Thread** on 19:24 - Apr 22 with 3500 viewsw7r

Typical f.ucking Rangers.

Not a prayer of a chance and they go a do Burnley on their own patch.

You couldn’t make this shiit up.

Well done all, esp those loonies who made the trip, absolutely deserved to witness that today.

That pulse is beating a bit stronger tonight.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 19:29 - Apr 22 with 3442 viewsLoftusR

I'm tempted to sneak into Kings Cross tonight, meet Clive et al off the train and drink whisky into the wee small hours.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 19:40 - Apr 22 with 3340 viewswesty

**Burnley Match Thread** on 19:16 - Apr 22 by E15Hoop

For you know how, and everyone else of a similar persuasion, I quote you what Mr. Wild Thing himself had to say: "Possession doesn't win you games. If it comes down to possession or winning, possession can do one!"

Exactly, the wine is tasting better tonight 🍷
**Burnley Match Thread** on 19:52 - Apr 22 with 3257 viewsBklynRanger

I ended up watching that in the Uxbridge Arms in Notting Hill. A very quiet pub with just a few lovies around. Went to the bar at half time to hear a woman beside me proclaim that she'd "bumped into Paul Weller this summer on a ferry to Tangiers". She was probably in the Priory the entire time. Earphones straight back in.

Anyway an unbelievable performance. You have to ride your luck in that sort of situation and we more than did. But we were so much more 'normal' in the second half. For multiple reasons, was bigger than singling out any one or more players.

Burnley by the way - Fcuk. Off. I'm more 'northern` than they are but this idea of northerners being harder is so consistently undermined when you hear these crowds - the whingeing from them was unreal - you're already up you dicks give it a rest. Pathetic.

Unbelievable result. Unexpectedly proud.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 20:03]
**Burnley Match Thread** on 19:54 - Apr 22 with 3230 viewsE15Hoop

**Burnley Match Thread** on 19:22 - Apr 22 by aston_hoop

Credit to the defense today but especially Rob Dickie for the season he has had to put in a performance like that was quite something. Also to Ethan Laird for coming on and playing his bollocks off, thought he was a big part of why we looked more secure. It wasn't pretty, it won't win us friends in that small corner of Lancashire, but its 3 points and a huge step in staying up.

Also shout out Chris Martin. He's all round a bit shit but that equaliser v WBA and the winner today are big goals.

In this dog of a league, intelligent players like Chris Martin are so valuable.
He might not be able to run fast enough to catch the bus anymore, but his physicality and positioning are still razor sharp, plus he still knows how to head a ball.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 20:01 - Apr 22 with 3193 views1JD

**Burnley Match Thread** on 19:16 - Apr 22 by E15Hoop

For you know how, and everyone else of a similar persuasion, I quote you what Mr. Wild Thing himself had to say: "Possession doesn't win you games. If it comes down to possession or winning, possession can do one!"

Christ alive. Like two kids in the playground. I’m sorry that someone has the audacity to disagree with you. So quick to gloat and really no need to get personal. Lads, it’s a win, there are many bones to pick over, but we are all delighted.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 20:04 - Apr 22 with 3166 viewskarlski

**Burnley Match Thread** on 19:54 - Apr 22 by E15Hoop

In this dog of a league, intelligent players like Chris Martin are so valuable.
He might not be able to run fast enough to catch the bus anymore, but his physicality and positioning are still razor sharp, plus he still knows how to head a ball.

Accidental downvote there sorry

Agreed - took up a smart position and nailed the header. Seems like a genuinely good bloke and pro, happy it was him (and Field) that got the goals.

Not calling for a new 3 year deal though…lets’s all be sensible.

But what value can you put on bringing in a true pro during the crisis? I think he’s probably been very useful off the pitch. And bagged a few key goals on it, none more so than today.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 20:04 - Apr 22 with 3158 viewsderbyhoop

Who saw that coming? Honestly?

Fantastically disciplined performance by all the players used.
Of course we rode our luck first half, with Dickie clearing off the line twice. But better 2nd half.

We're not quite safe, but reproduce that commitment and we will get the points needed.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

**Burnley Match Thread** on 20:12 - Apr 22 with 3104 viewsE15Hoop

**Burnley Match Thread** on 20:01 - Apr 22 by 1JD

Christ alive. Like two kids in the playground. I’m sorry that someone has the audacity to disagree with you. So quick to gloat and really no need to get personal. Lads, it’s a win, there are many bones to pick over, but we are all delighted.

JD - that's all we needed to hear from you.
Bones can be left for another day. Tonight is all about steak, chips and beer!
**Burnley Match Thread** on 20:42 - Apr 22 with 2966 viewsDorse

Once in a while we are reminded why we do this. Today is one of those days. Gawd bless us, one an' all.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

**Burnley Match Thread** on 20:51 - Apr 22 with 2917 viewsthemodfather

huge , win a win that seemed impossible improbable and unexpected , take that clarets. the mighty R;S had em where we wanted and wallop, 2-1 away win. no unbeaten home form this season.
when do we name a stand after chris martin??
**Burnley Match Thread** on 21:15 - Apr 22 with 2801 viewsenfieldargh

**Burnley Match Thread** on 20:42 - Apr 22 by Dorse

Once in a while we are reminded why we do this. Today is one of those days. Gawd bless us, one an' all.

I watched this in 5 minute chunks.

Can we get to 5 mins without conceding, then 10 etc etc

Spent the last 20 minutes with my dog licking my ear as he sat on the back of the sofa, seemed to work.

Billy you'll have to put him on your lap for the Brizzle game so I can be licked for the entire game

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

**Burnley Match Thread** on 21:20 - Apr 22 with 2759 viewsYugohoop

**Burnley Match Thread** on 18:49 - Apr 22 by E15Hoop

As others have said, I genuinely believe that this win is worth SO much more than 3 points, or even virtually guaranteeing safety.
It proves that Gareth Ainsworth DOES have a plan and knows how to make it work.
It might not be the plan that everyone on this forum wants, but if it f*kin works, who f*kin cares??

I know we're all happy about the win, but I'd seriously consider seeing a psychiatrist about the delusional thoughts you're having. Ainsworth has a plan 🤣🤣🤣🤣

wow, after all we've seen👍
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 21:23]
**Burnley Match Thread** on 23:31 - Apr 22 with 2464 viewsNortholt_Rs

**Burnley Match Thread** on 21:20 - Apr 22 by Yugohoop

I know we're all happy about the win, but I'd seriously consider seeing a psychiatrist about the delusional thoughts you're having. Ainsworth has a plan 🤣🤣🤣🤣

wow, after all we've seen👍
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 21:23]

Give it a rest and just be happy for the win FFS

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

**Burnley Match Thread** on 02:31 - Apr 23 with 2247 viewsManinBlack

**Burnley Match Thread** on 19:29 - Apr 22 by LoftusR

I'm tempted to sneak into Kings Cross tonight, meet Clive et al off the train and drink whisky into the wee small hours.

You might have had a wasted trip as surely our fans would go into Euston from Lancashire?

**Burnley Match Thread** on 07:43 - Apr 23 with 2017 viewswesty

**Burnley Match Thread** on 20:01 - Apr 22 by 1JD

My point exactly.
Sorry if you thought I / we got personal, certainly didn’t mean to offend. Really not gloating when surely we all want the same end result.
Just enjoy this feeling for a change.
We can save the disagreements for another day.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 7:45]
**Burnley Match Thread** on 08:10 - Apr 23 with 1954 viewsQPROslo

**Burnley Match Thread** on 20:04 - Apr 22 by derbyhoop

Who saw that coming? Honestly?

Fantastically disciplined performance by all the players used.
Of course we rode our luck first half, with Dickie clearing off the line twice. But better 2nd half.

We're not quite safe, but reproduce that commitment and we will get the points needed.

Didn't expect us to win of course, you'd be mad to, but because we play the bottom clubs and lose, even a 6-1 in there recently, and frequently do better against the better ones, Watford, WBA and Norwich recently, I had a feeling we'd get something.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 08:33 - Apr 23 with 1896 viewsTGRRRSSS

Don't forget Reading have to play Huddersfield as well, Wigan cant catch us, Blackpool have to win both to have any hope.

Cardiiff play Rotherham but it's essentially the game in hand for them both as they are both on 46 I agree a win for 1 is better.

GD is the Achilles I guess but a point from 2 I honestly think makes us safe and I fancy we can get a win from the Bristol City game as they will have nothing to play for then (dangerous I know).

BBC Berks after full time was a joy to tune into for a while.

They were devastated by our win.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 8:51]
**Burnley Match Thread** on 09:24 - Apr 23 with 1746 views1JD

**Burnley Match Thread** on 07:43 - Apr 23 by westy

My point exactly.
Sorry if you thought I / we got personal, certainly didn’t mean to offend. Really not gloating when surely we all want the same end result.
Just enjoy this feeling for a change.
We can save the disagreements for another day.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 7:45]

You were gloating and you did get personal. How many other people do not rate Ainsworth so far? Many. Of course I am going to enjoy us winning. We’d won 2 in 27 beforehand. Come on you Rrsss :)
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 9:30]
**Burnley Match Thread** on 09:48 - Apr 23 with 1673 viewsQPR_John

It seems Huddersfield have reported Burnley to the FL for fielding a weakened side against Reading.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/burnley-efl-points-deduction-kompan
**Burnley Match Thread** on 09:57 - Apr 23 with 1618 viewsYugohoop

**Burnley Match Thread** on 23:31 - Apr 22 by Northolt_Rs

Give it a rest and just be happy for the win FFS

There's no need to get aggressive, just concerned about a fellow fans mental well being. 😜
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 9:58]
**Burnley Match Thread** on 09:59 - Apr 23 with 1607 viewsQPR_Jim

**Burnley Match Thread** on 09:22 - Apr 22 by QPR_Jim

It's going to go one of two ways, 6-0 to the home team bursting over the line with a party at their gaff or 0-1 away win with the home team seemingly struggling to get those last points to confirm the title.

Hoping for the latter, expecting the former.

It was definitely the second option (even if the score was wrong) but if we'd have conceded first half I imagine it would have gone the other way.

Great result from the team and seems to validate some of Ainsworths decisions to leave certain players out. In his post match comments he still credits the players that went but didn't get in the squad which hopefully keeps them interested and shows that the door is open if they apply themselves.
**Burnley Match Thread** on 10:14 - Apr 23 with 1535 viewsdistortR

**Burnley Match Thread** on 09:48 - Apr 23 by QPR_John

It seems Huddersfield have reported Burnley to the FL for fielding a weakened side against Reading.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/burnley-efl-points-deduction-kompan

Huddersfield should look at their own failings this season, not Burnley's. 'kin cheek of it, Burnley have earned the right to field what team they like by wrapping up promotion so early. But I imagine it was written to induce Kompany to field a strong side against us. How'd that go?
**Burnley Match Thread** on 10:16 - Apr 23 with 1515 viewskropotkin41

**Burnley Match Thread** on 09:59 - Apr 23 by QPR_Jim

It was definitely the second option (even if the score was wrong) but if we'd have conceded first half I imagine it would have gone the other way.

Great result from the team and seems to validate some of Ainsworths decisions to leave certain players out. In his post match comments he still credits the players that went but didn't get in the squad which hopefully keeps them interested and shows that the door is open if they apply themselves.

That's what I was thinking. Leaving talented players out because of attitude problems is a hell of a risk for GA, but the payback is, I think, evident.

Dickie's match winning blocks yesterday are hopefully going to help him and the team really see what's possible when they're doing it GA's way.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

**Burnley Match Thread** on 10:47 - Apr 23 with 1451 viewswesty

**Burnley Match Thread** on 09:24 - Apr 23 by 1JD

You were gloating and you did get personal. How many other people do not rate Ainsworth so far? Many. Of course I am going to enjoy us winning. We’d won 2 in 27 beforehand. Come on you Rrsss :)
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 9:30]

You’ve been caning GA for weeks with personal attacks and lies about his control over the squad.
No gloating and tbh if you think that was getting personal. Hahaha wow just wow. You sensitive little soldier you.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 10:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024