Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report 20:29 - Jan 29 with 10855 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/59469
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 09:43 - Jan 30 with 2864 viewsTheChef

Agreed this is down to the players; and agreed that for the remaining games we play the contracted players and the ones most likely to be here next season. Sack off the loan signings (except maybe Laird). And if we finish 19th then so be it. We need what, four or five more wins? Given how rubbish this division is this season, even for our lot that should be achievable.

And with Dykes probably out for a few weeks give Armstrong a proper go and let's see what he's made of. At least he wants to play and try and make things happen.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 10:00 - Jan 30 with 2808 viewsRs_Holy

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 03:18 - Jan 30 by essextaxiboy

All completely agreed … but who brought Roberts into the Club ?

Yep...total mess and anyone who has any knowledge regarding leeds utd or has any leeds supporting mates could see this coming. 'Best bit of business leeds have done this summer' was what my leeds supporting mate told me at the start of the season.
For a few seasons now we have supplemented our full time strikers with decent loaners (who we usually cannot afford permanently).
It worked well with Charlie (first loan), Hugill, Wells, Gray, even Hemed was reasonably effective but we have come unstuck with Roberts. To be honest his Wiki stats make for pretty grim reading... :(
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 11:05 - Jan 30 with 2702 viewsDesertBoot

I was hoping it was a long journey home for the players as loanees were dropped off at their parent clubs - Roberts, we'll leave you in Hull and you can make your own f_ing way home you ponce.
Anyone else watch Wrexham yesterday? They run, work for each other, try to score goals (they got three) and were knackered at the end. Bravo to them.

Wish I could be like David Watts

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 11:17 - Jan 30 with 2659 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 08:09 - Jan 30 by Northernr

It shouldn’t matter if the fcking Honey Monster brought him to the club, he should at least run about.

True but he didn't run about before so in the case of Roberts the scouting/recruitment also has to be questioned.

That being said, I agree that the players are largely to blame. We've seen this feast or famine attitude from them since Warburton was in charge. The team lacks spine and mental fortitude, and can go from promotion form to relegation fodder in the blink of an eye.

When the going gets tough, they don't get going.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 11:19 - Jan 30 with 2668 viewsJustJules

Not sure it has been mentioned, but as well as Connolly not scoring in 10 months it was also his birthday on Saturday (in more ways than one)..because of course it was.
A quick glance at Huddersfield's team tells me that Jordan Rhodes has his birthday this Sunday. I am sure we are dying to offer him an early present.
For those wanting help paying the heating bills, he is 3.75/1 to score at any time, or 7.50/1 to be the first scorer.
You're welcome..
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 11:39 - Jan 30 with 2617 viewsQPROslo

A number of reasons for our defeat are already given but one I noticed was we missed Dykes badly. We had no aerial route to our attacking players, none of whom are good in the air, and we also looked to miss him defending dead balls. Hope we can bring In someone good in the air and who ideally knows where the goal is, today or tomorrow.. We need to have the aerial option to avoid being all too predictable,and I fear we will struggle without Dykes or a decent replacement for him. Pneumonia could keep him out for weeks or months.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 12:34 - Jan 30 with 2519 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 23:09 - Jan 29 by colinallcars

Yup, I imagine the team'll take the field v Wall to an embarrased silence. I've only ever booed one player - Bosingwa.
Of all the teams to play at home next it had to be flippin' Wall.
An intimidating atmosphere and we have a team who'd rather be waiting at home for an Evri delivery.

I've never booed a player in a Rangers shirt, and hopefully never will, but Christ I'm mighty close with some of them.
I like your suggestion of pure silence greeting them against Wall. Remember 'Silence Speaks A Thousand Words.'
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 12:34 - Jan 30 with 2521 viewsNorthernr

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 11:39 - Jan 30 by QPROslo

A number of reasons for our defeat are already given but one I noticed was we missed Dykes badly. We had no aerial route to our attacking players, none of whom are good in the air, and we also looked to miss him defending dead balls. Hope we can bring In someone good in the air and who ideally knows where the goal is, today or tomorrow.. We need to have the aerial option to avoid being all too predictable,and I fear we will struggle without Dykes or a decent replacement for him. Pneumonia could keep him out for weeks or months.

Same thing happened when he went off against Swansea, the presence and press from the front dissolved completely.
Login to get fewer ads

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 13:00 - Jan 30 with 2474 viewsSonofNorfolt

Saturday afternoon.
Sitting in a bar in Belgium, watching Westerlo beat Mechelen on the box, comparing my glass of Deliriums Tremens to the barmaid's figure with the news filtering through from Humberside, glad of one thing,

that I wasn't FUC KING there.

Clive, take a break son.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:32 - Jan 30 with 2362 viewsstevec

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 21:31 - Jan 29 by Northernr

But here we go again look, as I say in the report. Five pages coming up on well I think Les is to blame, I think Hoos is to blame, I think Fernandes is to blame. Every time anybody points at these players and says they're blatantly not arsed, and they're not, off it goes on these tangents. I'll do all of that in the week, in the Huddersfield preview. For now, let's focus on the fact we played a team below us in the league, a team we were 3-0 up at half time against in the home game, and these players did that with it.

We'll get to the other stuff in the week but at the moment these players are getting a free pass because they play like that, and everybody rushes to blame what's gone on above them without ever asking why the Premier League loan midfielder we pulled our pants down for is giving the ball away 30% of the time he's got it. It's not Hoos, Ferdinand, Fernandes, Critchley stepping over that white line on Saturday.

Don’t know what I did there?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 13:33]
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 14:01 - Jan 30 with 2282 viewsderbyhoop

Frankly, after 1 win in 14, we're going to have to start praying there is a serious improvement or this team wont get to 50 points.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 14:24 - Jan 30 with 2244 viewsPaddyhoops

Don’t know if anyone has clocked this but we seem to be giving a leg up to Republic of Ireland players in our disastrous run. John Egan , Jeff Hendricks twice, Connolly twice, and the Fleetwood lad with the first name of Promise( He’s second name escapes me) .
Any Huddersfield’s player of Irish decent??
Get your money on him!
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 15:08 - Jan 30 with 2121 viewsTheChef

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 14:24 - Jan 30 by Paddyhoops

Don’t know if anyone has clocked this but we seem to be giving a leg up to Republic of Ireland players in our disastrous run. John Egan , Jeff Hendricks twice, Connolly twice, and the Fleetwood lad with the first name of Promise( He’s second name escapes me) .
Get your money on him!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/connor-mahoney/profil/spieler/287528

Doh!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 15:22 - Jan 30 with 2075 viewsstantheman10

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 21:41 - Jan 29 by essextaxiboy

.....well because he came to play for Beale , who was recruited by the others to replace Warburton , who was let go by the others , because he would not integrate the youth who were coached by a group installed by the others.
I am not giving the players a free pass , the attitude they are showing is a disgrace and as you say I hope any other clubs they may hope to play for are taking note of it , but the reason that on Saturday we were hanging our hopes on that particular bunch of lightweights is the result of decisions made by ....the others

So what about when we were winning and 2nd in the league who was to blame for that? Oh yeah the others.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 15:28 - Jan 30 with 2068 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 14:24 - Jan 30 by Paddyhoops

Get your money on him!

Thanks for the laugh Paddyhoops but its pretty true sadly .Connolly had fallen off the rails but looked like Haaland against us
I like Egan but he broke my heart yesterday scoring against Wrexham with the last kick.
The lack of VAR killed the underdogs a stonewall penalty not given then as the play continued a thunderbolt off the bar and reportedly over the line but no goaline technology .
As for the games that had VAR how bad was that ref at Brighton .2 red cards should have been awarded to Liverpool in the closing stages but one was not even a free. FFS its like Old Trafford all over no decisions against Utd or Liverpool.Brighton won its karma
Back to QPR its pretty obvious we are not a team just individuals right now need changes ASAP
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 15:29 - Jan 30 with 2068 viewsessextaxiboy

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 08:05 - Jan 30 by E17hoop

When he's playing, it doesn't matter - he is accountable for his own actions.

And not that it matters, but it sounds like Beale brought him in:
“I can feel the buzz around the place ahead of the new season with the new gaffer.

“I had a chat with him and his enthusiasm towards the game is clear. He’s got a great track record with improving young players and he wants to play football in the right way.

“He feels that now is the time for me to really push on in my career — and so do I.”

Beale said:
“I am delighted to bring Tyler in.

“I spoke with him about his future. He had a lot of other offers but he wanted to come here which was massive.”

Beale admits he is excited by the potential and versatility of his new signing, explaining: “He fits our profile really well.

“He is very flexible, is at a fantastic age and already has excellent experience.

“I like hybrid forwards. I would say Chris Willock is a hybrid forward — he can play wide, he can play through the middle and he can play as a ten.

“Ilias is the same — he can play on both sides and drop into the middle. Tyler fits into that as well.

“I knew him as a kid playing as a centre-forward when he was coming through at West Brom, and at Leeds he has been used in all of those attacking positions.

“I can see him as a nine and I can see him as a ten with Chris, Ilias and the other options we have.

“He gives us a lot of options in the final third to play with the players we have got. He isn’t coming in to replace anyone, he is coming here to enhance what we already have.

“It’s exciting.”

If Beale bought him in then we veered away from the DOF model ...the same with Balogun .

I thought we were sticking to a plan?
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 15:40 - Jan 30 with 2029 viewsessextaxiboy

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 15:22 - Jan 30 by stantheman10

So what about when we were winning and 2nd in the league who was to blame for that? Oh yeah the others.

Beale was the coach , while he waited for something "better " , Disloyal disigenuous , deceptive but his coaching seemed to be productive until the players got wind of his intentions .

Ultimately proven to be a poor choice .
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 15:54 - Jan 30 with 1987 viewsPaddyhoops

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 15:28 - Jan 30 by CLAREMAN1995

Thanks for the laugh Paddyhoops but its pretty true sadly .Connolly had fallen off the rails but looked like Haaland against us
I like Egan but he broke my heart yesterday scoring against Wrexham with the last kick.
The lack of VAR killed the underdogs a stonewall penalty not given then as the play continued a thunderbolt off the bar and reportedly over the line but no goaline technology .
As for the games that had VAR how bad was that ref at Brighton .2 red cards should have been awarded to Liverpool in the closing stages but one was not even a free. FFS its like Old Trafford all over no decisions against Utd or Liverpool.Brighton won its karma
Back to QPR its pretty obvious we are not a team just individuals right now need changes ASAP

Egan got a last minuter for Brentford against us a few years back at the bush.
His late father had a habit of doing it for Kerry as well 😳(GAA)
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 17:30 - Jan 30 with 1767 viewsE17hoop

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 15:29 - Jan 30 by essextaxiboy

If Beale bought him in then we veered away from the DOF model ...the same with Balogun .

I thought we were sticking to a plan?

I know - just posting what was said when Roberts joined.

Like Clive said, that doesn't excuse him not bothering to run about on Saturday.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 17:30 - Jan 30 with 1763 viewsPinnerPaul

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 21:31 - Jan 29 by Northernr

But here we go again look, as I say in the report. Five pages coming up on well I think Les is to blame, I think Hoos is to blame, I think Fernandes is to blame. Every time anybody points at these players and says they're blatantly not arsed, and they're not, off it goes on these tangents. I'll do all of that in the week, in the Huddersfield preview. For now, let's focus on the fact we played a team below us in the league, a team we were 3-0 up at half time against in the home game, and these players did that with it.

We'll get to the other stuff in the week but at the moment these players are getting a free pass because they play like that, and everybody rushes to blame what's gone on above them without ever asking why the Premier League loan midfielder we pulled our pants down for is giving the ball away 30% of the time he's got it. It's not Hoos, Ferdinand, Fernandes, Critchley stepping over that white line on Saturday.

Needs to be said
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 17:32 - Jan 30 with 1760 viewsPinnerPaul

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 22:17 - Jan 29 by daveB

there is so much wrong at OPR at the moment but for the game yesterday and in recent weeks/months you are bang on that the players are too blame.

Beale going is just an excuse and players love one, he left ages ago now, Wales were still in the World Cup when he left they need to get over it and do their jobs.

The way they start games so slow and passive, so often we could be 2 goals down in the first 10 minutes. It's back to what we were doing pre Austin/Johansen.

What those 2 brought initially was an attitude to the team that we win our individual battles, get the first tackle in, let the opponent know they are in a game. That attitude is long gone and if we don't either get someone in this week to help bring that back or the players themselves show some pride and do it themselves then we are in real trouble.

Next week is a season defining game, lose that and we are bang in trouble

I'm over season defining games, not being rude mate, but someone says something similar before every game at the minute.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 17:42 - Jan 30 with 1741 viewsPinnerPaul

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 03:18 - Jan 30 by essextaxiboy

All completely agreed … but who brought Roberts into the Club ?

Sorry but that's nonsense logic.

After the Reading game did you ask the same question?

The guy has ability - they all do, despite the rather ott reaction on here by some - we don't have zero points, no one gave us those points - that's what Clive is on about and what NC obviously finds so frustrating - at this level and most professional games, its not about ability or how much a player is worth, its about attitude on the day.

You know what, we didn't do anything particularly clever or wonderful v Sheff Utd but so nearly beat them by 'just' competing for every first ball, if that was lost we competed for every 2nd ball and everyone ran around for 90+ minutes.

Not sure how in advance any 'system' dof, recruitment team, CEO is supposed to detect such a marked difference in attitude from game to game, week to week in a group of men or in individuals.

Its always done my head in when in past managers cop 95% of the blame, its barmy as is blaming others higher up the food chain.

This squad is good enough for mid table - IF you want a debate about whether we should/could be aiming higher - fine, but blaming the 'management' as a whole for Saturday is insane.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 18:28 - Jan 30 with 1646 viewsessextaxiboy

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 17:42 - Jan 30 by PinnerPaul

The guy has ability - they all do, despite the rather ott reaction on here by some - we don't have zero points, no one gave us those points - that's what Clive is on about and what NC obviously finds so frustrating - at this level and most professional games, its not about ability or how much a player is worth, its about attitude on the day.

You know what, we didn't do anything particularly clever or wonderful v Sheff Utd but so nearly beat them by 'just' competing for every first ball, if that was lost we competed for every 2nd ball and everyone ran around for 90+ minutes.

Not sure how in advance any 'system' dof, recruitment team, CEO is supposed to detect such a marked difference in attitude from game to game, week to week in a group of men or in individuals.

Its always done my head in when in past managers cop 95% of the blame, its barmy as is blaming others higher up the food chain.

This squad is good enough for mid table - IF you want a debate about whether we should/could be aiming higher - fine, but blaming the 'management' as a whole for Saturday is insane.

I said earlier that I am not giving the players a free pass far from it , but the wrong players have been recruited .
In a DOF system the buck stops there , if we digress from a develop and sell policy by bringing in the coaches wish list then again , who makes that call ?

Warnock brought in players whose professional pride would not allow then to turn in a performance like that and would not allow it from the others , not the best players but the "right sort ". Its not only about attitude on the day but about attitude and self respect.

I dont blame Critchley for Saturday , its plain that he cant fathom their mindset either. We turn up not wondering if the opposition are better than us but whether our lot can be bothered , IMO its actually worse than having mediocre players that give everything

Leaving aside recruitment we have 2 full backs on long contracts who cant get in the first team , one cant make the bench . We have another player at Lincoln who is plainly not good enough but gets chance after chance to confirm it ...and we are skint !

[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 18:29]
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 20:08 - Jan 30 with 1492 viewsBurnleyhoop

I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 17:42 - Jan 30 by PinnerPaul

At the end of the day it is the manager that has to stamp his authority and ethics on the players. All teams are ultimately a reflection of their manager. Critchley admitted as much himself. The team out on the pitch at the weekend is not a Critchley team and he looked embarrassed by that performance.

His hands are now very much tied until the summer, when there will no doubt be a clear out and he can bring in the types of players that he believes will do a job.

In the meantime, I suggest he takes a leaf out of the Dyche song book and gets back to basics and gets them sweating. “Minimum requirement, maximum effort”. Not rocket science.

I strongly suspect Everton will now make steady progress up the league because he knows how to get a tune out of limited or underperforming individuals. It’s called motivation. Critchley needs to start making an impression on our lot very quickly, for his sake and ours.
I hitched a ride with a vending machine repairman — Report on 21:44 - Jan 30 with 1318 viewsmart_Goblin

Clive , this piece is just incredible. Painful . But so well written and very very funny.
And more importantly, spot on
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024