Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North 21:22 - Jul 24 with 6117 viewsPatfromPoole

Showing as unavailable for every game through to Christmas.

But usually somewhere that sells late each game rather than to ST holders.

Hearing there may be half-filling it with stewards, which is why it’s showing as unavailable.

Sounds a Lowe-esque thing for the club to do.

Won’t help the atmosphere at all.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 23:49 - Jul 27 with 1577 viewsSouthamptonfan

The stewards were absolute f@cking tw@ts. They stopped me having a chat in the concourse after the game. He told us to take our chat outside. What tw@ts. That's how they treat their own fans, the f@ckers.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 23:50 - Jul 27 with 1567 viewsdirk_doone

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:39 - Jul 27 by franniesTache

We knew last last season from a mate who's in the club that the club had eyes on the itchen north, to be honest it was like a creche at times over there and the amount of people wearing Stoney they'd bought on Klarna who thought they were the dogs b*llocks because they were in the itchen north was always going to kill it.

Shame really, for a couple of seasons pre-covid it was class, like being back at the Dell again, would've been great if the older lot had moved over instead of the fancy dress nippers.

But as always with Saints it'll move somewhere else, always been the way to be honest.

The dream is still alive. One day we'll have a home end: maybe not in my lifetime but one day our fans will realize it's what we and our team need.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 23:51 - Jul 27 with 1564 viewsSaintsforeverj

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 23:49 - Jul 27 by Southamptonfan

The stewards were absolute f@cking tw@ts. They stopped me having a chat in the concourse after the game. He told us to take our chat outside. What tw@ts. That's how they treat their own fans, the f@ckers.

Well get used to it. They will be blocking off the north car park again. No chatting to the away fans allowed remember.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 23:52]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 23:56 - Jul 27 with 1551 viewssledger

I hope they have a lot of stewards,they will probably need them.
Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 06:47 - Jul 28 with 1480 viewssaintwizzler

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 23:49 - Jul 27 by Southamptonfan

And so you should. Make the path clear for those to celebrate a fine victory in the pub.
WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 06:54 - Jul 28 with 1477 viewssaintwizzler

About time they cracked down on these louts.
I like to enjoy my boiled sweets and half time cuppa out my flask in peace in Kingsland Center.
All this chanting makes my toes curl under my hand knitted Saints blanket.

WE MARCH ON, quietly with a round of applause for each goal and Djenepo step over.

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 09:17 - Jul 28 with 1411 viewsA1079

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 21:37 - Jul 24 by SaintNick

Glad to here it, from reading social media I was expecting the opening game attendance to be around 4,000 including away fans

We love our club Nick - we just have a funny way of showing it sometimes! We are not as bad a bunch of fans as is painted sometimes.........but admittedly we could be better at times as well - you could probably copy and paste that across a huge swathe of teams supporters.
Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 10:58 - Jul 28 with 1350 viewsfranniesTache

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 09:17 - Jul 28 by A1079

We love our club Nick - we just have a funny way of showing it sometimes! We are not as bad a bunch of fans as is painted sometimes.........but admittedly we could be better at times as well - you could probably copy and paste that across a huge swathe of teams supporters.

Despite how Nick wants to paint us sometimes we're exceptionally loyal fans, if you look at how the blue few jettison supporters when they get relegated vs how we kept a solid core of around 20k when we did you'll see that.

What we are - on the whole - is grumpy f*ckers who don't like having the piss taken out of us, we're not going to buy the club propaganda when things are sh*t and we're not just going to be all happy clappy because of some brand slogan or bullsh*t patronising crap in the press about our support.

Personally i'll take that every day of the week.
Login to get fewer ads

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 11:45 - Jul 28 with 1316 viewsdwayne_dibley

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 10:58 - Jul 28 by franniesTache

Despite how Nick wants to paint us sometimes we're exceptionally loyal fans, if you look at how the blue few jettison supporters when they get relegated vs how we kept a solid core of around 20k when we did you'll see that.

What we are - on the whole - is grumpy f*ckers who don't like having the piss taken out of us, we're not going to buy the club propaganda when things are sh*t and we're not just going to be all happy clappy because of some brand slogan or bullsh*t patronising crap in the press about our support.

seconded

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 12:11 - Jul 28 with 1284 viewsNickSO19

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:41 - Jul 27 by franniesTache

Yeah not the fault of the lads there tonight, but totally fair to blame those last season.

Most of the lot who were acting an embarrassment last season weren't even season ticket holders, they were the one a game lot and didn't look like they'd gone past puberty yet.

It was the same lot there last night - to be fair they should have all been kicked out for singing Debbie the steward, she's one of our own.

As Mr Tache says we heard that the club were going to clamp down on Block 1&2 and moved our seats.

The simple fact is there were two or three fights in there last season and the old bill and club want that stopped. One of our lot spoke to a steward last night and he confirmed that directive has come from higher up in the club.

There will be stewards in the aisle seats at the end of block 2. Anyone who had season tickets in those seats has been told to move - including being offered one seat in so they are sitting next to a steward

If any of the young SI clad 'lads' had some nouse they would now move somewhere else and start again.

One last thing - if only we had some form a supporters panel - a voice so to speak - who could campaign and push the club to confirm about safe standing
Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 12:16 - Jul 28 with 1278 viewsSaintNick

I agree with you we have that hard core of 20,000, the problem is that we get dragged down by those who are constantly finding something to moan about and keep using evidence from 8 years ago to try and prove their point.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 13:02 - Jul 28 with 1244 viewsBuggalugs

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 12:16 - Jul 28 by SaintNick

I agree with you we have that hard core of 20,000, the problem is that we get dragged down by those who are constantly finding something to moan about and keep using evidence from 8 years ago to try and prove their point.

Only if you take notice of the drivel posted on social media or internet message boards

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 14:35 - Jul 28 with 1175 viewsSaintsforeverj

Well put. We love our club and want things to be right and want to be treated with the respect, that us loyal, sometimes long suffering fans deserve.

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 08:35 - Jul 29 with 1016 viewsdarthvader

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 14:35 - Jul 28 by Saintsforeverj

Well put. We love our club and want things to be right and want to be treated with the respect, that us loyal, sometimes long suffering fans deserve.

I'm disgusted with the club for doing this.
Typically on Matchday the away fans are normally much worse behaved , they stand all game and only pay 30 fücking quid!

The (admittedly cheaper)coventry game for example when they scored with dozens of their fans jumping over the netting, throwing coins and bottles etc. Nothing was done, just gently sheppered back to their seats . If our lot done that we would have been all turfed out or arrested

If the handfull of incidents in that area was investigated most if not all are caused by away fans in the boxes behind, or mingling in with the home fans who have none of it. Who sells them the tickets?? The club.

I urge the club to look after the home fans else more disillusion will set in. Or It will just move to block 3+4 or further along, do they want the nippers coked up and jeering and swearing next to the away directors box?

keep the faith coyr

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 09:16 - Jul 29 with 988 viewsSaintNick

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 08:35 - Jul 29 by darthvader

Typically on Matchday the away fans are normally much worse behaved , they stand all game and only pay 30 fücking quid!

The (admittedly cheaper)coventry game for example when they scored with dozens of their fans jumping over the netting, throwing coins and bottles etc. Nothing was done, just gently sheppered back to their seats . If our lot done that we would have been all turfed out or arrested

If the handfull of incidents in that area was investigated most if not all are caused by away fans in the boxes behind, or mingling in with the home fans who have none of it. Who sells them the tickets?? The club.

I urge the club to look after the home fans else more disillusion will set in. Or It will just move to block 3+4 or further along, do they want the nippers coked up and jeering and swearing next to the away directors box?

I'm not over there so can't give a true picture, if anyone could write a piece about it Ill do a story next week, by what people are saying there are issues, I am happy to keep things annonymous and send it to me through a PM on here.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 12:10 - Jul 29 with 951 viewsfranniesTache

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 08:35 - Jul 29 by darthvader

The issues weren't caused by away fans, some were, but most were caused by the nippers who invaded the Itchen North because it became popular and wanted to play fancy dress green street.
Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 12:42 - Jul 29 with 934 viewssaintwizzler

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 12:10 - Jul 29 by franniesTache

The issues weren't caused by away fans, some were, but most were caused by the nippers who invaded the Itchen North because it became popular and wanted to play fancy dress green street.

With a Red Velvet Top Hat stinking of B.O.?

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 12:54 - Jul 29 with 928 viewsfranniesTache

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 12:42 - Jul 29 by saintwizzler

With a Red Velvet Top Hat stinking of B.O.?

He was trying to start a riot and handing out molotov's, an absolute danger to everyone that one
Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 14:19 - Jul 29 with 884 viewsSaintsforeverj

I'm not over there for league games, but I am nearby and know a few who were there / are there. I was there for the friendly, when stewards were clearly on a mission to assert authority (maybe in practise for what is to come), and they just steamed in, because some lads were shouting for the team, banging on the boards at the back, standing up but actually not causing any issues there weren't any away fans, nobody in the executive boxes and people who didn't like it had the chance to move elsewhere. The stewards were annoyingly over the top, killing the atmosphere, seemed to be on a power trip, actually making things worse, maybe took instructions too literally or misunderstood, forcing fans to sit there like we were in an assembly. There have obviously been issues there, with fighting and gestures that they want to stamp out, and some "immature" youngsters have moved over there, but it does feel like they let away fans get away with things that the home fans can't.

When we play the big clubs, away fans do get in the executive boxes but not sure that will ever get stopped. Businesses from across the country and beyond, buy the boxes for lots of money and invite their delegates and staff. Some of these people support the top clubs. The stewards and club arn't going to upset those paying huge amounts of money, so not sure what can be done there. Putting aside the immaturity of some of our fans, the stewards are not dealing with things properly. They arn't trained negotiators, they just steam in aggressively and that's what happened the other night. I have actually witnessed a few times, police coming over and dealing with things in a more "professional" way to calm things down.

Coventry was a one off mistake from the club. It was a general sale game without restrictions. They underestimated the demand from Coventry. Against the top clubs (mostly Liverpool in my experience), there are a few people in the local area, who have an SO post code, who always go to that one game each season, they buy a membership and therefore meet the requirement of being on the database. They should definitely insist that for Man U and Liverpool, you need to have been to 6 home games to get a ticket, but of course Saints don't want to lose out on the money that the extra ticket buyers bring. This is where it stinks of not caring about the loyal home fans, it's about the money. Loyal Saints fans might not be able to afford a £60 plus ticket, but the local glory hunter who only goes to that one game, will pay it. The club don't worry about dealing with that issue, they would lose money.

Then you have the closure of the north car park before games. It is so controlled for no reason. You have to walk all the way round the ground, and over the bridge, when I have never known trouble before a game, unless we are playing Pompey or Millwall.

The only answer is to have the executive boxes above the more passive /quieter Saints fans, like in the Chapel, far away from the mass of the visiting support. It's like the ground wasn't designed properly. But secondly, some people come to a football match to have a shout, a bit of banter and let off steam. Most agree there is a line and no need for violence but the stewards need to judge this better, and stop acting like school teachers from the victorian times. Away fans in the home end, should be thrown out before the kick off. Instead, they are left there to see if they cheer. When they do, it all kicks off. It just seems like they are doing things that don't need to be done, and not doing things that do need to be done.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2022 14:26]

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 14:33 - Jul 29 with 865 viewsdarthvader

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 12:10 - Jul 29 by franniesTache

There was a nipper problem that's why I moved to block 3 stll stood for most of the game no problem. I realise its all seater if I'm told to sit in isolation I'll sit but if everyone around me is stood I'll stand . Also surely leaving them nippers there in 1-2 would be easier than having them in blocks 4 to 8 where the more well behaved fans are . ?

In my opinion of the Stewards are now going to bull doze in manhandling people standing after a goal or excitement there will be lots more trouble and arrests which will fuel further bad feeling throughout the fanbase who don't want to just sit and clap every now and then,
( I'm not knocking those that do btw)
Any trouble I've seen has been because of away fan infiltration the goading has always been happening even before nippergate.

Tho i do agree that the are has been awash with annoying nippers I thought it was just me getting old and miserable

keep the faith coyr

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 14:47 - Jul 29 with 856 viewsfranniesTache

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 14:33 - Jul 29 by darthvader

There was a nipper problem that's why I moved to block 3 stll stood for most of the game no problem. I realise its all seater if I'm told to sit in isolation I'll sit but if everyone around me is stood I'll stand . Also surely leaving them nippers there in 1-2 would be easier than having them in blocks 4 to 8 where the more well behaved fans are . ?

In my opinion of the Stewards are now going to bull doze in manhandling people standing after a goal or excitement there will be lots more trouble and arrests which will fuel further bad feeling throughout the fanbase who don't want to just sit and clap every now and then,
( I'm not knocking those that do btw)
Any trouble I've seen has been because of away fan infiltration the goading has always been happening even before nippergate.

Tho i do agree that the are has been awash with annoying nippers I thought it was just me getting old and miserable

If i was a cynic (and let's be honest a cynic on the Ugly would be unlikely right?) i'd say the club want the new stewards to be hardline to provoke a reaction and get some banning orders on people they don't want in the ground.

At the end of the day annoying nippers or not the more vocal and lively fans are what the club don't seem to like. They'd prefer us to be buying merch from the megastore, clapping along to oh when the saints and being friendly to the away fans.

Modern football is sanitised beyond belief and the clubs idea of a good fanbase is probably Arsenal...
Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 14:52 - Jul 29 with 854 viewsSaintsforeverj

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 14:47 - Jul 29 by franniesTache

If i was a cynic (and let's be honest a cynic on the Ugly would be unlikely right?) i'd say the club want the new stewards to be hardline to provoke a reaction and get some banning orders on people they don't want in the ground.

At the end of the day annoying nippers or not the more vocal and lively fans are what the club don't seem to like. They'd prefer us to be buying merch from the megastore, clapping along to oh when the saints and being friendly to the away fans.

Modern football is sanitised beyond belief and the clubs idea of a good fanbase is probably Arsenal...

I agree. If only we could fill the ground with fans paying lots of money, all behaving well. No need for too many stewards, no hassle and the clubs coffers swell.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024