Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
School playground games 08:24 - Jul 4 with 11756 viewsdmm

I was thinking about the games we used to play at school. Has there been a thread about this?

I used to love playing 5 jacks

School playground games on 14:37 - Jul 18 with 1145 viewsBlackCrowe

British bulldogs and Hares & Hounds.

Oh and spud guns during break (and lessons)

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

School playground games on 15:02 - Jul 18 with 1103 viewsBexleyHoop

School playground games on 14:22 - Jul 5 by TheChef

Coin rugby.

Is that where you had to make rugby posts out your fingers (downward pointing fingers) and then your opponent would have to flick the coin using his two thumbs over the fingers like a conversion?

Do remember playing something like this at school
School playground games on 15:59 - Jul 18 with 1063 viewsdenhamhoop2

School playground games on 09:50 - Jul 4 by loftboy

In our 1970’s comprehensive we had murder ball, played in the tennis courts a football would be kicked about, if it hit you above the knee and below your neck you got a right kick in, if you tried to run the beatings were doubled, although it’s sounds dodgy it was quite a good laugh.
The best technique if hit was to curl up into a ball next to the fence, could only be got from one side and you could protect your head and nuts!

Ah Murder Ball absolute favourite of mine along with Bundles where everyone jumps on top of each other and gets stuck in always some tosser used to stand back from pile and swing a few boots into the pile
School playground games on 16:10 - Jul 18 with 1056 viewspaulparker

School playground games on 13:59 - Jul 18 by Mick_S

Our year v year end of term fights were a bit vicious. Always good to celebrate 6 weeks off. My mate from round the block was a year older, so we used to pile in to each other, make fight noises, call each other names and get in a headlock.

You ok mate? Fake punch.

Not bad. Fake punch.

Feckin bad over there. Whack. No contact.

All over and we’d stand there pointing at each other pulling angry faces. We never got sussed or even a bruise.

Same time tomorrow?

End of term normally would normally have the traditional of a fight with a rival school or going down to Ruislip high street looking to chuck flour and eggs at all and sundry
Came home once like I fell in a flour mill , my poor mum wasn’t happy

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

School playground games on 16:23 - Jul 18 with 1046 viewsBluce_Ree

British Bulldog was played in my primary school but it was called Mini-Dodger for some reason.

Death Tunnel was a middle school thing and was insane. I never got involved in that nonsense.

There was something called Pat Ball which was basically squash with a tennis ball and you used your hand.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

School playground games on 16:33 - Jul 18 with 1018 viewsflynnbo

Apposite lyrics.

School playground games on 17:04 - Jul 18 with 991 viewsMick_S

School playground games on 16:33 - Jul 18 by flynnbo

Apposite lyrics.

Magnificent - the back of the head with a plastic cup is one of my all time favourite lines.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2023 21:51]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

School playground games on 21:48 - Jul 18 with 899 viewsnumptydumpty

School playground games on 15:05 - Jul 5 by LadbrokeR

I remember playing knockout which entailed kicking a ball against a wall. The trick was to make it difficult for the next person to be able to kick the ball against the wall.

We called that game "SPOT"

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

School playground games on 21:50 - Jul 18 with 896 viewsnumptydumpty

School playground games on 21:00 - Jul 5 by davman

Coin rugby used three coins. You started with one behind the other two and pushed off. You then had to push one of the coins you did not push off with through the gap between the other two and keep going until you can push a coin into the try area. Then the conversion attempt by spinning a coin, trapping it between your two thumbs before flicking it over the goal made by your oppo with their hands.

Again called that game "SHOVE HA'PPENY"

But I not that old.

Was at school many years after decimalusation !!!

School playground games on 22:04 - Jul 18 with 886 viewsnumptydumpty

BAG BALL

So usually before the start of school and loads of us, approx 20, used turn up at 8.15am despite school starting a t 9am.

The game duration was regularly over fifty minutes.

So basically you form a circle - all generally those days with our Adidas sports bags as our school bags - and all equidistant from the ones either side of you.

Very wide circle and basically we all had three lives each and if any other player took a kick at the tennis ball and it hit your bag, you lost a life.

If you lost three, you were out of the game and the remaining players created a slightly smaller circle.

Open to boys ganging up on certain children.

I was never picked on and did often get along quite well, was often in the last three or four. If only SKY had sponsored bag ball instead of football, my life would have had different outcomes !!! 🤣 🤣 🤣

School playground games on 22:14 - Jul 18 with 875 viewswesty

School playground games on 16:27 - Jul 4 by ngbqpr

Extending this to games played on the way home...

Knocking on some poor innocent's door then scarpering...what did you call it? I'm from the 'knock down ginger' school, but have heard all sorts of regional variations.

Knock down ginger. Or ghost knock
School playground games on 22:15 - Jul 18 with 874 viewswesty

More for in the road at home.

Kerbie
School playground games on 00:23 - Jul 19 with 846 viewsSydneyRs

School playground games on 16:29 - Jul 17 by ChrisNW6

Had arguement in a pub recently on the name of the game where you all line up facing a wall and some unfortunate has to run through getting kicked by everyone.

Boot Alley or Tunnel of Death?? depending on which North London Comp you went to.

We used to call if tunnel of death. Everyone had to do it on their birthday along with the bumps and sometimes the Australian bumps when your face would be facing the ground!
School playground games on 00:27 - Jul 19 with 841 viewsSydneyRs

School playground games on 22:48 - Jul 4 by loftboy

There was a street near our school that had about 50 houses each side, each house was divided by a hedge about 3 feet high, we used to do “the grand national” all the way from top to bottom.
One resident (quite rightly) got pîssed off, one day he put a wire up about 6 inches above his hedge, when we all tripped over it he then charged out of his house wielding a set of shears!!

Back in the days when being someone being a psycho was just laughed off.
School playground games on 08:56 - Jul 19 with 757 viewsQPerthR

Penny up the wall , was the header and volley game called England , Scotland at anytime
School playground games on 23:29 - Jul 19 with 652 viewsitsbiga

No one played conkers then?
Knuckles - same as slaps but knuckle to the back of fist.
Mercy - plenty of mangled fingers.
My group of friends had Stuntman - basically an early version of Jackass. We just did random dangerous dares really.
Pull down knicker chase - usually just got beat up by the girls who were bigger at that age due to puberty.
Bundle - Basically a big ruck with whoever wanted in. One guy hit the deck and someone shouted Bundle! 20 blokes in a heap moshing it. I guess more of an event than a game.
There was also that thing for a bit where some kid would bend over and hyper ventilate then stand up and someone would shove against his chest against a wall till he blacked out. They put the kibosh on that pretty quick.

[Post edited 19 Jul 2023 23:37]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024