Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Brom manager gone 14:08 - Feb 2 with 11836 viewsNorthernr

Nm
West Brom manager gone on 15:31 - Feb 2 with 2675 viewsNed_Kennedys

Shrewd timing by WBA: new manager cannot demand loads of new players as transfer window closed so will have to work with what they have.
West Brom manager gone on 15:33 - Feb 2 with 2664 viewsNorthernr

West Brom manager gone on 15:24 - Feb 2 by Maggsinho

Tony Mowbray the second favourite which might be a result for us.

Oohh yeh, do that, let's get a few hand grenades flying around the top six.

This post has been edited by an administrator
West Brom manager gone on 15:50 - Feb 2 with 2554 viewsstrikerace

West Broms choice is an easy one:

West Brom manager gone on 15:50 - Feb 2 with 2550 viewsdaveB

Thats a shame, a new manager might get them playing properly
West Brom manager gone on 15:53 - Feb 2 with 2533 viewsted_hendrix

Norman the Alpha Male Chimpanzee from Monkey World is the current Bookies favourite.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

West Brom manager gone on 15:58 - Feb 2 with 2490 viewsdoogi10

mark hughes never been relegated you know
West Brom manager gone on 15:58 - Feb 2 with 2488 viewsTheChef

West Brom manager gone on 15:50 - Feb 2 by strikerace

West Broms choice is an easy one:

Shaun Derry??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

West Brom manager gone on 16:06 - Feb 2 with 2435 viewsPinnerPaul

West Brom manager gone on 15:07 - Feb 2 by TheChef

Yeah but what works at one club doesn't necessarily work at another. And I think Barnsley was a fairly unique set of circumstances.

Grammar alert - something is either unique or it isn't, it can't be 'fairly unique'

Sorry!
Login to get fewer ads

West Brom manager gone on 16:09 - Feb 2 with 2414 viewsed_83

They've also just appointed a new CEO, formerly of Chelsea and Reading, sacked after 18 months at the latter for (in John Madejski's opinion) getting cosy with the club's new Chinese owners but not bothering to try and win over the fans, and being too stuck in the mindset of running a massive Premier League business rather than a smaller community club.

Might be worth checking the odds on them getting relegated next year, seems like the wheels are well and truly falling off (of course now I've said that they'll get promoted instead).
West Brom manager gone on 16:11 - Feb 2 with 2406 viewslondonscottish

West Brom manager gone on 15:25 - Feb 2 by nix

'The new manager will follow Tony Pulis, Alan Pardew, Darren Moore, interim boss Jimmy Shan, Slaven Bilic, Sam Allardyce and Ismael'

What a line up!

At least if you're a fan, the football should improve. They weren't too bad at KPFS but some of their matches on Sky were unwatchable.

They were grim to watch at the Hawthorns and, until they got a bit of luck late in the game, their supporters were clearly bored out of their minds.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

West Brom manager gone on 16:16 - Feb 2 with 2376 viewsBklynRanger

West Brom manager gone on 15:50 - Feb 2 by daveB

Thats a shame, a new manager might get them playing properly

Yeah that's how I feel - wasn't looking to see the patient recover...
West Brom manager gone on 16:22 - Feb 2 with 2353 viewsextratimeR

I wondered how long he would last, football was unwatchable, with Home fans regularly booing the side off at half time and full time.

But as Clive says this was a long time project, to sack him after the transfer window, and the purchase of a new Centre Forward, ( injury not his fault) is bonkers.
West Brom manager gone on 16:28 - Feb 2 with 2307 viewsaston_hoop

Naive foreign owner, the CEO who already made a mess of Reading and now potentially Steve Bruce. If I was to guess how this ends, I'd say 'in tears'

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

West Brom manager gone on 16:55 - Feb 2 with 2185 viewsonlyrinmoray

West Brom manager gone on 15:53 - Feb 2 by ted_hendrix

Norman the Alpha Male Chimpanzee from Monkey World is the current Bookies favourite.

Do your research Hannah is the Alpha male chimp at Monkey World I know cause I’m a fan
West Brom manager gone on 16:57 - Feb 2 with 2178 viewsTacticalR

If you read the oppo interview with Matt Graham from a couple of weeks ago you get a sense of the schizophrenia at West Brom:

'The club and many supporters were crying out for a long-term plan and strategy rather than bouncing between a various accoutrement of journeymen managers with a fire-fighting brief. Ismael was appointed on a four-year contract exactly to ensure continuity and forward planning.'

(I left my thoughts about the contradictory nature of West Brom's approach at the end of the article).

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/56748/west-brom-fo

Air hostess clique

West Brom manager gone on 17:04 - Feb 2 with 2129 viewslondonscottish

West Brom manager gone on 15:15 - Feb 2 by Northernr

Yeh it was a sound appointment. However, as I put in the summer preview, West Brom had one of the oldest squads in the league, and Barnsley the youngest by a mile. That, coupled with the change in the five subs thing, was always going to mean it would take time, patience, and money for him to get that distinctive murderball style we saw at Barnsley implemented there. People like Jake Livermore simply can't do that any more.

To accept that, appoint him, give him a four year contract, and then sack him after 6 months, is batsht.

Truly nuts.

Oddly enough, I was listing to the pod earlier where you & Finney were talking about what Bournemouth had been up to, splurging the cash and taking massive risks. Not that we didn't do the exact same thing not long ago, of course, but it's great to be supporting the stable club at last, watching all the nonsense unfold at all these other clubs.

But this is another example of helter skelter decision making.

Time will tell whether they're doing a Leicester or a Portsmouth.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

West Brom manager gone on 17:12 - Feb 2 with 2096 viewsHarbour

Bruce in talks to become next manager according to football font of knowledge Sky Sports.. Am sure the locals will be delighted with that style of football!
West Brom manager gone on 17:17 - Feb 2 with 2075 viewsDWQPR

West Brom manager gone on 17:12 - Feb 2 by Harbour

Bruce in talks to become next manager according to football font of knowledge Sky Sports.. Am sure the locals will be delighted with that style of football!

To be fair I’d rather watch the Aidy Bothroyd version of football than Ismael’s version. That’s how horrid his style of play is.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

West Brom manager gone on 18:04 - Feb 2 with 1935 viewsDavieQPR

The Media seem to love Steve Bruce. As they have managed to get Lampard and Howe jobs that their CVs didn't warrant they might go for the hat trick with Bruce or even Hughes, another one of their darlings.
West Brom manager gone on 18:28 - Feb 2 with 1848 viewssaxbend

Is Shteve McClaren currently managing anyone?
West Brom manager gone on 18:53 - Feb 2 with 1755 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

West Brom manager gone on 18:28 - Feb 2 by saxbend

Is Shteve McClaren currently managing anyone?

No he was technical director at Derby until they went into admin. Now he's some kind of 'advisor'.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

West Brom manager gone on 19:41 - Feb 2 with 1651 viewskensalriser

Bruce would be a good appointment for us, I think.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

West Brom manager gone on 19:47 - Feb 2 with 1631 viewsqueensparker

The thing is having watched Barnsley last year, his 80s Wimbledon on food colouring football would be a brilliant appointment for someone. It completely undid us twice and is amazingly effective if you can buy in 23 year olds who will run through brick walls. Doesn’t work when you’re trying to get Livermore and Matt Phillips and a load of other ageing prima donnas to do it.

Still think he’s got a bright future as a Championship level manager somewhere
West Brom manager gone on 19:53 - Feb 2 with 1612 viewsLoudR

Great shout
West Brom manager gone on 23:18 - Feb 2 with 1355 viewsLoftgirl

West Brom manager gone on 16:06 - Feb 2 by PinnerPaul

Grammar alert - something is either unique or it isn't, it can't be 'fairly unique'

Sorry!

Careful. Paul Parker might be watching.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024