Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Update re Court Case 11:41 - Feb 4 with 7276 viewsswancity

Any recent news or developments please ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust Update re Court Case on 11:54 - Feb 5 with 1179 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust Update re Court Case on 10:13 - Feb 5 by onehunglow

The reason why people are like that with the Americans is simply becaue,like me,they are disappointed in their moving us on to the next level hasnt really been anything of substance.

This is the next level. Sport is tough the team can win and lose. Under Mr jenkins Swansea pretty much won for for 12-13 years. Swansea is not run by oil barons or oligarchs.

Mr J told us in 2014 that they were struggling to compete with cash flow difficulties and ever increasing player wages. The Trust being the Trust objected to new investment in 2015. Shelvey had to be sold when a decent bid came in. Mr J also said they would not be able to cope if they were relegated as they did not have access to fresh capital. This happened new owners came in an so did new capital. £5m at least. There was no need to sell Matt Grimes on the cheap.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Trust Update re Court Case on 12:02 - Feb 5 with 1169 viewsChief

Trust Update re Court Case on 11:54 - Feb 5 by ReslovenSwan1

This is the next level. Sport is tough the team can win and lose. Under Mr jenkins Swansea pretty much won for for 12-13 years. Swansea is not run by oil barons or oligarchs.

Mr J told us in 2014 that they were struggling to compete with cash flow difficulties and ever increasing player wages. The Trust being the Trust objected to new investment in 2015. Shelvey had to be sold when a decent bid came in. Mr J also said they would not be able to cope if they were relegated as they did not have access to fresh capital. This happened new owners came in an so did new capital. £5m at least. There was no need to sell Matt Grimes on the cheap.

Come on not even in your complete and unwavering faith of Jenkins can you possibly believe that the current state of affairs (which obviously at present includes us being in a lower division, academy downgrade etc) is what Jenkins would class as being 'the next level'.

I know you love to twist things to suit&reinforce your respect for the likes of Jenkins, but try and have some balance. The Americans have learnt, we are making progress but we are in no way where we are currently can be objectively viewed as being at' the next level'.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Trust Update re Court Case on 12:08 - Feb 5 with 1163 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust Update re Court Case on 12:02 - Feb 5 by Chief

Come on not even in your complete and unwavering faith of Jenkins can you possibly believe that the current state of affairs (which obviously at present includes us being in a lower division, academy downgrade etc) is what Jenkins would class as being 'the next level'.

I know you love to twist things to suit&reinforce your respect for the likes of Jenkins, but try and have some balance. The Americans have learnt, we are making progress but we are in no way where we are currently can be objectively viewed as being at' the next level'.

You clearly believe Swansea belong in the Premier league perpetually while balancing the books. This is very naiive. Swansea going forward will struggle to be a yo yo club. Covid has actually been good for the club as club mortgaged to the hilt are ditching good players on the cheap. US teams included.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 15:05]

Trust Update re Court Case on 12:13 - Feb 5 with 1159 viewsChief

Trust Update re Court Case on 12:08 - Feb 5 by ReslovenSwan1

You clearly believe Swansea belong in the Premier league perpetually while balancing the books. This is very naiive. Swansea going forward will struggle to be a yo yo club. Covid has actually been good for the club as club mortgaged to the hilt are ditching good players on the cheap. US teams included.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 15:05]

No i do not neccessarily. Im just stating the facts. Despite some good strides recently on and off the field, to say we are at a higher level (or next - down maybe true). Its just not true. Covid has nothing to do with this discussion at all. As you say we're having our best season since they took over despite it.

Trust Update re Court Case on 12:24 - Feb 5 with 1144 viewsThornburyswan

Trust Update re Court Case on 20:14 - Feb 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Just Google CLN and read it. I even put a link up a while back. No reference to this transaction. They all say pretty much rhe same things.

Silverstein said he was going to be 'hands on' bingo., Morris and Arrieola at cost. Somebody over the pond must have done these deals in consutation. I am speculating of course.

No Welsh people have anything good to say for the US owners but I glady will make that exception. Not even Mr Cooper dared to praise them. I really do hope Morris and Arreola rip up this league.

I’m Welsh & very comfortable in saying that our American owners are doing a decent job after a problematic start - something they have acknowledged - in part that start was their fault but fault also lies with the sellouts & the Trust.

Anyone who is hanging onto the ‘take us to the next level’ day 1 message needs to grow up a fair bit, our American friends clearly didn’t fully understand the downward spiral we were on & short of significant multi-million investment immediately we needed a full clear out & restructure before being able to possibly bounce back - from the outside it appears that understanding took a while to hit home (maybe better & more open communication with the Trust & fans would have shortened that period).

All that said we are clearly on a better financial & playing footing but need to accept our place in the football ladder - we will continue to ‘sell’ players & even managers both in order to maintain that financial footing & recognising that those players/managers will aspire to greater opportunity.

As far as the ongoing Trust legal case & action personally I’d be in the ‘that ship has sailed camp’ and accept the reality that the sellouts & Americans did what they did & if they have real intention to build an open/honest Trust - Owner/Board relationship you will not achieve that through going to court.

If on the other hand the Trust believes (& yes for clarity I am a member) it’s role is to maximise the value of it’s shareholding in order to be ready for a future ‘rainy day’ situation then the legal route is fine even if a significant gamble in legal, financial & reputational terms.
Trust Update re Court Case on 12:33 - Feb 5 with 1133 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust Update re Court Case on 19:25 - Feb 4 by Neath_Jack

Why does anyone give Resloven the time of day? It's clear he's a stooge operating on behalf of the old lot. You'd have thought that they would have used someone that knows you can't sell things for whatever price you want to mind.

Ignore him and he'll go away, like all the stooges they've had knocking about.

Smart peope can think for them selves.

Other peole cannot think for themselves and stay in the crowd for safety in numbers. Its the old "9 out of 10 owners say their cats prefer Whiskers " rule. If 90% are doing it so should I.

You then give advice to other followers to join you in even greater numbers for your own security. Interesting behaviour. I see it as weakness and self doubt. My arguments have logic. 21% of Burnley was sold for £42m.

Sorry Neath this inconvenent truth will not go away. You can carry on eating cat food if you want to. Every one else is.

Trust Update re Court Case on 12:35 - Feb 5 with 1128 viewsChief

Trust Update re Court Case on 12:33 - Feb 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Smart peope can think for them selves.

Other peole cannot think for themselves and stay in the crowd for safety in numbers. Its the old "9 out of 10 owners say their cats prefer Whiskers " rule. If 90% are doing it so should I.

You then give advice to other followers to join you in even greater numbers for your own security. Interesting behaviour. I see it as weakness and self doubt. My arguments have logic. 21% of Burnley was sold for £42m.

Sorry Neath this inconvenent truth will not go away. You can carry on eating cat food if you want to. Every one else is.

It will go away if we don't get promoted.....

The trust can't sell for those figures in the championship. Maybe but even in the Prem.

Trust Update re Court Case on 13:31 - Feb 5 with 1110 viewsvetchonian

Has Matt Grimes been sold then?

You are beginning to falter more!

The Trust did not object to new investment what they objected to was the selling of the club to new owners who, having done due dilligence the Trust felt were not suitable ...wasnt this later vindicated by some revelations when they were involved with a buyout at Everton?

I think reading between the lines of the recent press conference given by our US owners they are putting the spotlight on the real cause of the problem in your much lauded HJ...and them putting faith in him to be the local man on the ground when they first took over!! Yes we had success but HJ rode his luck....and that ran out and his real lack of true managerial nouse was shown...lets not forget his busness succes ouside of football was hardly stellar...and not on par with MM yet HJ "ran" the show.
I think the current owners can take us to a new level and better than that previously..it has taken a while to steady the ship given the mess it was in under HJs leadership.....I will always be thankful for his involvement in securing our survival and contribution to our rise to the PL but he had overreached in his abilities yet drew a salary which should befit a more qulaifed person for the role. He had a self belief above that of his true competance...which is why we are where we are.

Your talk of the 90% following...well when HJ used to spout all his "by the fans for the fans" "not just any other club" and all the platitudes he would roll out dissapeared out of the window in the manner in which he conducted the sale......dont forget he had more than recovered his initial £50K investment in dividends and salary! THen pocketed a nice earner from the sale of his shares and voting rights on his retained share whilst remaining in post with a nice big fat salary. This is wha has annoyed the fans!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Update re Court Case on 13:54 - Feb 5 with 1094 viewsBadlands

Trust Update re Court Case on 12:24 - Feb 5 by Thornburyswan

I’m Welsh & very comfortable in saying that our American owners are doing a decent job after a problematic start - something they have acknowledged - in part that start was their fault but fault also lies with the sellouts & the Trust.

Anyone who is hanging onto the ‘take us to the next level’ day 1 message needs to grow up a fair bit, our American friends clearly didn’t fully understand the downward spiral we were on & short of significant multi-million investment immediately we needed a full clear out & restructure before being able to possibly bounce back - from the outside it appears that understanding took a while to hit home (maybe better & more open communication with the Trust & fans would have shortened that period).

All that said we are clearly on a better financial & playing footing but need to accept our place in the football ladder - we will continue to ‘sell’ players & even managers both in order to maintain that financial footing & recognising that those players/managers will aspire to greater opportunity.

As far as the ongoing Trust legal case & action personally I’d be in the ‘that ship has sailed camp’ and accept the reality that the sellouts & Americans did what they did & if they have real intention to build an open/honest Trust - Owner/Board relationship you will not achieve that through going to court.

If on the other hand the Trust believes (& yes for clarity I am a member) it’s role is to maximise the value of it’s shareholding in order to be ready for a future ‘rainy day’ situation then the legal route is fine even if a significant gamble in legal, financial & reputational terms.

With you on most of that but building a relationship won't be affected by going to court.
The American shareholders are from a very cut-throat corporate world where litigation is simple part of everyday life. They work the systems, no doubt, but courts make judgements that clarify their positions.If they were to fall out with each other over such actions they would never do business.
PS
I'm Welsh, think the current leading shareholder s are doing a good job (solvent, reasonably secure, doing well in Division 2 - most of my life that would be a bit of a dream).As for sales and who got what - not bothered as nothing will change the past.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Trust Update re Court Case on 15:03 - Feb 5 with 1072 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust Update re Court Case on 13:31 - Feb 5 by vetchonian

Has Matt Grimes been sold then?

You are beginning to falter more!

The Trust did not object to new investment what they objected to was the selling of the club to new owners who, having done due dilligence the Trust felt were not suitable ...wasnt this later vindicated by some revelations when they were involved with a buyout at Everton?

I think reading between the lines of the recent press conference given by our US owners they are putting the spotlight on the real cause of the problem in your much lauded HJ...and them putting faith in him to be the local man on the ground when they first took over!! Yes we had success but HJ rode his luck....and that ran out and his real lack of true managerial nouse was shown...lets not forget his busness succes ouside of football was hardly stellar...and not on par with MM yet HJ "ran" the show.
I think the current owners can take us to a new level and better than that previously..it has taken a while to steady the ship given the mess it was in under HJs leadership.....I will always be thankful for his involvement in securing our survival and contribution to our rise to the PL but he had overreached in his abilities yet drew a salary which should befit a more qulaifed person for the role. He had a self belief above that of his true competance...which is why we are where we are.

Your talk of the 90% following...well when HJ used to spout all his "by the fans for the fans" "not just any other club" and all the platitudes he would roll out dissapeared out of the window in the manner in which he conducted the sale......dont forget he had more than recovered his initial £50K investment in dividends and salary! THen pocketed a nice earner from the sale of his shares and voting rights on his retained share whilst remaining in post with a nice big fat salary. This is wha has annoyed the fans!

Huw Jenkins did not ride his luck for 14 years out of 15 years. Who are you trying to kid? He did not employ Russell Slade, Paul Trollope and Neil Harris did he?. He appointed a string of managers most doing good work at top clubs and a national teams as managers. Only Paul Clement has struggled. An appointment aplauded by the Trust incidently.

Potter was his last appointment called by Pep no less and England's best manager. Plucked by Jenkins from the obscurity of Sweden.

The Trust have not done any 'due diligence' on their own investments with £880,000 sitting in their current account getting 0.15% interest. These are the dividends shared with the Trust pro rata.

You are just drumming second or third hand empty rhetoric, "due dilligence " "rode is luck" (what for 15 years? ) "new level" (yuk) The Trust were doing ok until 2015, when the problems started .

You are just an ungrateful nobody with your sneering contempt for people that turned the rusty envirnmental and safety hazard of the Vetch into the Liberty and state of the art Morfa and Fairwood. He gave x100 return on the Trust's investment and put a buyer on a table in front of them with cash to buy upto half their shares. The elected leaders failed to cut a deal to sell in 2017. HJ stated the people they sold to were good people. Today has proved he was right again.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 15:06]

Trust Update re Court Case on 15:31 - Feb 5 with 1057 viewsChief

Trust Update re Court Case on 15:03 - Feb 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Huw Jenkins did not ride his luck for 14 years out of 15 years. Who are you trying to kid? He did not employ Russell Slade, Paul Trollope and Neil Harris did he?. He appointed a string of managers most doing good work at top clubs and a national teams as managers. Only Paul Clement has struggled. An appointment aplauded by the Trust incidently.

Potter was his last appointment called by Pep no less and England's best manager. Plucked by Jenkins from the obscurity of Sweden.

The Trust have not done any 'due diligence' on their own investments with £880,000 sitting in their current account getting 0.15% interest. These are the dividends shared with the Trust pro rata.

You are just drumming second or third hand empty rhetoric, "due dilligence " "rode is luck" (what for 15 years? ) "new level" (yuk) The Trust were doing ok until 2015, when the problems started .

You are just an ungrateful nobody with your sneering contempt for people that turned the rusty envirnmental and safety hazard of the Vetch into the Liberty and state of the art Morfa and Fairwood. He gave x100 return on the Trust's investment and put a buyer on a table in front of them with cash to buy upto half their shares. The elected leaders failed to cut a deal to sell in 2017. HJ stated the people they sold to were good people. Today has proved he was right again.

Im sorry, where did the person you're replying to mention the trust? Why did you feel the need to throw shade on them again?

Trust Update re Court Case on 15:54 - Feb 5 with 1048 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust Update re Court Case on 15:31 - Feb 5 by Chief

Im sorry, where did the person you're replying to mention the trust? Why did you feel the need to throw shade on them again?

He mentioned the "fans" and mentioned the sellers and other directors taking dividends as if it was a crime. Dividends are a sign of profit and corporate success. I pointed out that Swansea city shared its sucess with the fans elected representative the Trust who took in a cool circa £700,000 in dividend a few years ago.

Unfortunatey they missed a chance to double that sum by leaving the money gathering dust in a current account. I think the Trust should take advice on investing after checking their constitution to see if they can invest on global markets. I had a look at their legalese documents and got the impression they could.

Trust Update re Court Case on 16:03 - Feb 5 with 1045 viewsvetchonian

Trust Update re Court Case on 15:03 - Feb 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Was this before or after Matt Grimes was sold

Ooooo someone is getting rattled!

Read my post I am grateful for his part in our rise ...but there are caveats

You fail to mention Bob Bradley, and also you omit some of his so called "clever transfer dealings"

ALso the move to the Liberty was nothing to do with HJ...this was planned long before he arrived on the scene....it was the main reason Ninth FLoor et al dissapeared as the council wanted to manage the building of both the statdium and the attached commercial estate now known as the Morfa retail park.....thats where 9th flloors interest was once the council indicated they would manageand "benefit" from the project they were off, The council then handed the development of the retail park to a commercial outfit anyway.. But the Liberty was already in plan before HJ getting ivolved!!!

Things went awry in 2015 as you say as the Trust and the sellouts saw things differently...the rest is well published history....for the record I have mentioned this time and time again that perhaps the board should have communicated more with the Trust on the state of play and how the then ownership model was unsustainable in the PL...but that action was not taken....its also funny how the then supporters director cmae under some "pressure" I still think that his so called " mates" huing him out to dry to discredit the Trust and divert attention from what they were up to.

Personally I have held an open mind on the new owners given their actions to date I do think they are not the charlatans many thought there were or would be...their biggest mistake was trusting HJ to be their man on the ground......the wise sharp business men they are soon recognised that.....thats why Pearlman turned up!!!!
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 16:16]

Trust Update re Court Case on 16:09 - Feb 5 with 1038 viewsonehunglow

Trust Update re Court Case on 16:03 - Feb 5 by vetchonian

You fail to mention Bob Bradley, and also you omit some of his so called "clever transfer dealings"

ALso the move to the Liberty was nothing to do with HJ...this was planned long before he arrived on the scene....it was the main reason Ninth FLoor et al dissapeared as the council wanted to manage the building of both the statdium and the attached commercial estate now known as the Morfa retail park.....thats where 9th flloors interest was once the council indicated they would manageand "benefit" from the project they were off, The council then handed the development of the retail park to a commercial outfit anyway.. But the Liberty was already in plan before HJ getting ivolved!!!

Things went awry in 2015 as you say as the Trust and the sellouts saw things differently...the rest is well published history....for the record I have mentioned this time and time again that perhaps the board should have communicated more with the Trust on the state of play and how the then ownership model was unsustainable in the PL...but that action was not taken....its also funny how the then supporters director cmae under some "pressure" I still think that his so called " mates" huing him out to dry to discredit the Trust and divert attention from what they were up to.

Personally I have held an open mind on the new owners given their actions to date I do think they are not the charlatans many thought there were or would be...their biggest mistake was trusting HJ to be their man on the ground......the wise sharp business men they are soon recognised that.....thats why Pearlman turned up!!!!

I kinda agree with that.They ll be good businessmen and will be running our club as a business far better than Jenkins and Dineen did but my issue is the fact they are not in a position financially to shove big money into the club to make us truly Wales biggest and best club and on for all west Wales people to follow.

Dreamer I may be ,but without dreams life is pretty glum.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Trust Update re Court Case on 16:52 - Feb 5 with 1019 viewsswancity

Re: Burnley

Apparently it’s now being reported that the recent sale for (£170m) to the USA consortium has left the Club saddled with huge debts and around £90m worse off than they had been previously.

How did that happen?

Trust Update re Court Case on 18:21 - Feb 5 with 997 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust Update re Court Case on 16:03 - Feb 5 by vetchonian

Almost all the good things that have happened to Swansea over the last thirty years were on the watch of HJ. Whether he arranged them or not is not relevant. The stadium was delivered and the work of HJ got it fllled with fans. Many fans were left with not enough tickets to go around. Thisc compares to the era of Toshack when they could not even fill the Vetch in many First division games. The club transitioned from a disfunctional wreck with unsiuitable owner to a modern club with state of the art facilities.

The club developed the academy and Fairwood sites on time an on budget using in house expertise. This has delivered in spades and still is delivering.

The club communicated perfectly clearly so much so that even up here in Resolven I knew about the clubs ever increasing financial woes. The strategy was actually sensible with high paid players on big contracts on free transfers where possible.

'Sellouts' is a prejorative word. If I called the Trust something like that I would get called out and possibly baned from this forum. The Trust appeared to take an untenable position in 2015 according to the WOL report of the time. This cused difficulties. Thats all i will say on that.

You say "I do think they are not the charlatans many thought there were or would be.". The many that thought that still reside on this forum and one or two others were reportedly thrown out on their ear and not before time. I have been saying this for 5 years. It actually was pretty obvious in 2016 to anyone with any judgement at all.

In one of his final acts Huw J appointed Potter (according to Pep Guardialoa England's finest manager) and HJ fell on his own sword once the traitor Saxons run by a Roman of Yorkshire stabbed hin in the back by going directly to the America to force him to sell James for peanuts. A final act of theatrical definance on the night of the long knives. This cements his reputation is Swansea folklore for the next centuary. History will be the judge and it takes an holisitc approach. (at the risk of being ridiculed for using such a word).

Trust Update re Court Case on 18:35 - Feb 5 with 986 viewsswancity

Trust Update re Court Case on 18:21 - Feb 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Almost all the good things that have happened to Swansea over the last thirty years were on the watch of HJ. Whether he arranged them or not is not relevant. The stadium was delivered and the work of HJ got it fllled with fans. Many fans were left with not enough tickets to go around. Thisc compares to the era of Toshack when they could not even fill the Vetch in many First division games. The club transitioned from a disfunctional wreck with unsiuitable owner to a modern club with state of the art facilities.

The club developed the academy and Fairwood sites on time an on budget using in house expertise. This has delivered in spades and still is delivering.

The club communicated perfectly clearly so much so that even up here in Resolven I knew about the clubs ever increasing financial woes. The strategy was actually sensible with high paid players on big contracts on free transfers where possible.

'Sellouts' is a prejorative word. If I called the Trust something like that I would get called out and possibly baned from this forum. The Trust appeared to take an untenable position in 2015 according to the WOL report of the time. This cused difficulties. Thats all i will say on that.

You say "I do think they are not the charlatans many thought there were or would be.". The many that thought that still reside on this forum and one or two others were reportedly thrown out on their ear and not before time. I have been saying this for 5 years. It actually was pretty obvious in 2016 to anyone with any judgement at all.

In one of his final acts Huw J appointed Potter (according to Pep Guardialoa England's finest manager) and HJ fell on his own sword once the traitor Saxons run by a Roman of Yorkshire stabbed hin in the back by going directly to the America to force him to sell James for peanuts. A final act of theatrical definance on the night of the long knives. This cements his reputation is Swansea folklore for the next centuary. History will be the judge and it takes an holisitc approach. (at the risk of being ridiculed for using such a word).

You’re condescending essays include so many inaccuracies it’s really difficult to know where to start in terms of a response especially when there’s a big game on soon against Norwich. Talking about the failings of a former chairman isn’t quite as pressing.

In my opinion may be you should think about deleting some of them.

Trust Update re Court Case on 18:40 - Feb 5 with 979 viewsChief

In 2015 Moores and Noell were seen off because they weren't seen as being good prospective owners, if that's what you're on about? The trust doing it's job - looking after the interests of the club. That's far from 'untenable'.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 18:40]

Trust Update re Court Case on 18:47 - Feb 5 with 970 viewspikeypaul

Trust Update re Court Case on 16:52 - Feb 5 by swancity

Re: Burnley

Apparently it’s now being reported that the recent sale for (£170m) to the USA consortium has left the Club saddled with huge debts and around £90m worse off than they had been previously.

How did that happen?

By accepting loans at a ridiculous 5% from hedge funds who have zero interest in football probably. proving their only objective is to screw the club for as much as they can get.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 18:52]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Trust Update re Court Case on 19:40 - Feb 5 with 937 viewsthornabyswan

Trust Update re Court Case on 13:19 - Feb 4 by Chief

What does the question you've responded to have anything to do with the trust?

You're rabid these days. Some people must be getting nervous.

He can repeat the same nonsense has often as he wants.

Like they say on BB who pays back the court decides.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Trust Update re Court Case on 19:43 - Feb 5 with 937 viewsvetchonian

an interesting riposte by as most of your postings spkattered with inaccuracies and more evidence of the failings / greed of the sellouts

Yes the acadamy has paid dividends...but why develip 2 sites? And why build facilites on land we do not own?
who built these facilites ? And were these built at below market rates? There are cobflicts of interest involved...How impartial was HJ in the awarding of the contracts.

You keep digging a hole......we had an arrangement with the university to develop the facilities there....all brokered by the then Burser.....look it up there are some qustons about him.
No lesson learnt from the Tosh daysa when we paid for and built on land we didnt own

Trust Update re Court Case on 20:06 - Feb 5 with 926 viewsvetchonian

okay im now off to watch the game...but take the time to read the article in the link.....i have posted this many times it talks about what Managers at Swansea need to underatand....how Curtis and Pascoe will be part of the coaching set up...this originated after Roberto went...continued with Brendan who then took Pascoe to Liverpool...Laudrup had Curt on his staff then when H J appointd Monk as permenant manager Curt was sent ofc to make tea. Monk dispensed with the legends services.....what a chairman hey.. makes the statemen

Managers have to accept our way of doing things or they don't take the job," Swans chairman Huw Jenkins tells any interested party.

but allows a rookie manager to break the so called Swansea way

This us where is luck ran out..or rather his lack of managent ability was shown. Tosh when he was appojbred had the late great Harry Griffiths at his side then Terry Medwin...choices nade by our rhen chairman Malcolm Struel....and of course Tosh had access to his mentor Shankly.....HJ allowed Monk to undo all that HJ had spouted about hiw managers had to accept at Swansea ......look what happened next...so think about that.Why should a football great like Laudrup have to accept Curt on his team yet a journeyman who ad a pkayet is a Swans legend could be allowed to kick Curt onto touch.?
Stiil say he is the best chairman ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/12951141

Trust Update re Court Case on 22:33 - Feb 5 with 897 viewsNortbankboy

Trust Update re Court Case on 20:06 - Feb 5 by vetchonian

okay im now off to watch the game...but take the time to read the article in the link.....i have posted this many times it talks about what Managers at Swansea need to underatand....how Curtis and Pascoe will be part of the coaching set up...this originated after Roberto went...continued with Brendan who then took Pascoe to Liverpool...Laudrup had Curt on his staff then when H J appointd Monk as permenant manager Curt was sent ofc to make tea. Monk dispensed with the legends services.....what a chairman hey.. makes the statemen

Managers have to accept our way of doing things or they don't take the job," Swans chairman Huw Jenkins tells any interested party.

but allows a rookie manager to break the so called Swansea way

This us where is luck ran out..or rather his lack of managent ability was shown. Tosh when he was appojbred had the late great Harry Griffiths at his side then Terry Medwin...choices nade by our rhen chairman Malcolm Struel....and of course Tosh had access to his mentor Shankly.....HJ allowed Monk to undo all that HJ had spouted about hiw managers had to accept at Swansea ......look what happened next...so think about that.Why should a football great like Laudrup have to accept Curt on his team yet a journeyman who ad a pkayet is a Swans legend could be allowed to kick Curt onto touch.?
Stiil say he is the best chairman ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/12951141

Yes the most successful chairman in the club's history.
Some ungrateful fans on here.
Bet they all enjoyed their days out at Wembley though.
Trust Update re Court Case on 17:21 - Feb 6 with 844 viewsvetchonian

Trust Update re Court Case on 22:33 - Feb 5 by Nortbankboy

Yes the most successful chairman in the club's history.
Some ungrateful fans on here.
Bet they all enjoyed their days out at Wembley though.

I have stated earlier in thsi post of my gratitude to HJ for what we as fans enjoyed since 2007
BUT the deification he seems to receive is not at all desrved......He may have played part in our rise but he also played a major part in our downfall. He had too much self belief in his abilities and football knowledge....and business matters too

He hsould have appointed a "professional£ CEO but no that would have robbed him of his £0.5M salary!!!!

Trust Update re Court Case on 20:47 - Feb 6 with 759 viewsReslovenSwan1

Trust Update re Court Case on 17:21 - Feb 6 by vetchonian

I have stated earlier in thsi post of my gratitude to HJ for what we as fans enjoyed since 2007
BUT the deification he seems to receive is not at all desrved......He may have played part in our rise but he also played a major part in our downfall. He had too much self belief in his abilities and football knowledge....and business matters too

He hsould have appointed a "professional£ CEO but no that would have robbed him of his £0.5M salary!!!!

It is now history and I think the events should be looked at including his whole period as chairman. Why only focus on the last year.? Why focus on his pay.? His pay was in line with his piers at clubs of the same size and reportedly was cut on relegation. Paid for success. Cut for failure.

We are now back to 2010. Brendan has just brought in Borini on loan. A 3-0 against Norwich was just recorded.

I suspect you like me was thinking back then . "it would be great if Swansea could get to the PL for one or two seasons in the PL, (probaby struggling)".

Not a bit of it. What the club acheived was 7 seasons some beautiful football a trophy (the first in the club's history) and a European campaign under the English system . The club were a little unlucky with injuries to Sanches, Bony, Clucas, Fer and Olsen. Sanches was a huge signing. Jenkins trusted the word of Clement who knew the player. He bombed. The Trust and fans lauded Jenkins for appointing Clement.

I do not cry and blame people for bad luck and mistakes. That is for losers. Brush oneself down and go again and own ones own history.

The downward trajectory has been conclusively arrested and the club is back challenging for a place on the top table in world football.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2021 20:49]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024