Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? 20:35 - Oct 27 with 6005 viewsJogo

After the whole dropping Manning and BOS thing, do you get the impression the players have downed tools on Warburton?
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 08:47 - Oct 28 with 1511 viewsTGRRRSSS

One of the problems with the FFP thing and constantly having Hoos and Les tell all and sundry we need to work within budgets and how hard up we were meant other clubs came in with v low offers, but Eze aside not sure how many of those had the offers that would generate a big bidding war at the time.

Sounds like we've got a problem with contracts now on top, and some of that can come across as mismanagement, of who's fault is another issue...
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 09:14 - Oct 28 with 1478 viewsessextaxiboy

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 07:16 - Oct 28 by distortR

totally agree mate. We are not a cohesive unit yet - another new team enforced on us, wage bill down - which has had to happen. It's not quite working yet - but give it time.

The players need to cut the stupid mistakes that are costing us dearly.

Exactly this , we have lost the last 2 games on penalties , playing with 10 men and an own goal .
Ok we havnt scored and that is a concern , but give the opposition a goal or two start in this league and the timewasting , shthousery and lack of ambition to do anything other than hold on to the lead makes scoring doubly difficult .

We just need to break this cycle somehow...
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 09:22 - Oct 28 with 1462 viewspaulparker

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 09:14 - Oct 28 by essextaxiboy

Exactly this , we have lost the last 2 games on penalties , playing with 10 men and an own goal .
Ok we havnt scored and that is a concern , but give the opposition a goal or two start in this league and the timewasting , shthousery and lack of ambition to do anything other than hold on to the lead makes scoring doubly difficult .

We just need to break this cycle somehow...

We are to naive Essex
The first 2 minutes of yesterday’s game I think Adamoh got in their box and got a slight clip , he should of gone down but didn’t , I commented on a group chat that the ref last night was waiting to give them a decision because you could see that they were going down at the slightest of touches and we allowed ourselves yet again to fall into that trap of giving flimsy fouls away , Btw it wasn’t just yesterday or the Preston game , how many games have we thrown away to bad defending or a stupid penalty , we keep repeating the same mistakes over and over again
We need people in the refs ear, we need experience and a couple of fighters in that side , I don’t get our set up at all, there’s nothing about us who is getting the players going ? Barbet as a captain is a p1ss take

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 09:34 - Oct 28 with 1436 viewsPhilmyRs

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 08:35 - Oct 28 by paulparker

All sold for peanuts

This window we've bought in Dykes, Bonne, Willock, Dickie, the Southend lad, Amos and Carroll. It's far too early to write them all off and blame the recruitment. They need time to bed in before we can judge whether they are successes or not.

You can't blame Les for the BOS stuff though, as Dave Mc and others have alluded to, from being a fringe player he quickly became a major force with bargaining power whose clearly set his sights on bigger things than us. We couldn't really legislate for his ridiculously quick improvement. You can't blame Les for how that's played out. The area that has alarmed me though is the Niko contract, how he managed to earn a 4 year deal is a shock to say the leat.

I think the major problem in the last 5 years was the appointment of Steve Maclaren. Smyth, Furlong, Manning, BOS, Chair, Lumley, Shodipo, Kakay?, Eze, had all got decent game time under Holloway and you would hope a fair chunk of them would slowly kick on and develop into decent Championship players, then Steve Mc came in on the promisse of developing them further yet with the exception of Eze, effectively said they were surplus to requirements. Their development suffered, the contract situations became a bit rubbish, and these players lost decent development time. Steve Mc was a Tony Fernandes appointment, not a Les one by the way and did create a number of the problems we're facing by deviating from the new plan of developing and selling on.

I hope the difficult time we're facing now doesn't force the club or more importantly MW to abandon our new approach. There's still money in the kitty and I for one haven't written off any of the new signings just yet.
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 11:21 - Oct 28 with 1358 viewsRangersDave

Someone remind me.......

How many wins in 20 odd games?

So maybe 1 in 4 (at the minute), do we as a group think thats acceptable?
If the answer is no, can we 'afford' to keep going as we are?

The thought of the drop may help us as fans to visit new grounds, but it wont be healthy for the team / club.

The trouble is, what do we do about it? who do we blame? is there a common denominator here that we can think of?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 11:39 - Oct 28 with 1334 viewspaulparker

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 09:34 - Oct 28 by PhilmyRs

This window we've bought in Dykes, Bonne, Willock, Dickie, the Southend lad, Amos and Carroll. It's far too early to write them all off and blame the recruitment. They need time to bed in before we can judge whether they are successes or not.

You can't blame Les for the BOS stuff though, as Dave Mc and others have alluded to, from being a fringe player he quickly became a major force with bargaining power whose clearly set his sights on bigger things than us. We couldn't really legislate for his ridiculously quick improvement. You can't blame Les for how that's played out. The area that has alarmed me though is the Niko contract, how he managed to earn a 4 year deal is a shock to say the leat.

I think the major problem in the last 5 years was the appointment of Steve Maclaren. Smyth, Furlong, Manning, BOS, Chair, Lumley, Shodipo, Kakay?, Eze, had all got decent game time under Holloway and you would hope a fair chunk of them would slowly kick on and develop into decent Championship players, then Steve Mc came in on the promisse of developing them further yet with the exception of Eze, effectively said they were surplus to requirements. Their development suffered, the contract situations became a bit rubbish, and these players lost decent development time. Steve Mc was a Tony Fernandes appointment, not a Les one by the way and did create a number of the problems we're facing by deviating from the new plan of developing and selling on.

I hope the difficult time we're facing now doesn't force the club or more importantly MW to abandon our new approach. There's still money in the kitty and I for one haven't written off any of the new signings just yet.

I don’t blame players for setting their sights on bigger things but how many have we slipped through the net when it comes to contracts , it’s happening year on year to us
Amos wasnt great last year but was signed full time & for a transfer fee , we knew what we was getting especially with form & past injuries
Carroll we had 6 years ago and wasn’t any good then so why is that going to change now
The others yes they need time but we should of built from the back this side is crying out for a proper centre half and a ball winning midfielder
Ben Watson would have been perfect
A lot of our recruitment past & present is down to the DOF that’s his role I love Les as much as any fan but is he really a great DOF ? imo we have wasted a lot of the money we had
I agree re Your point on Mclaren who was a terrible appointment, we all said it would be
But it comes down to the board making more errors , when does it stop from them Btw? why was it allowed to happen in the first place
As per warburtons approach I’d like to know what it is because I’m struggling

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 12:05 - Oct 28 with 1297 viewsToast_R

Our budget is League 1, our stadium and facilities are League one and our squad now appears be following suit.

You could say we are heading exactly where we are supposed to be.
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 12:20 - Oct 28 with 1255 viewsHunterhoop

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 12:05 - Oct 28 by Toast_R

Our budget is League 1, our stadium and facilities are League one and our squad now appears be following suit.

You could say we are heading exactly where we are supposed to be.

No, it’s not.

It’s bottom 6/7 in the Champ, but certainly not bottom 3, and bar a very small number of clubs in League 1, it’s a higher budget than everyone else in that league.
Login to get fewer ads

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 13:21 - Oct 28 with 1181 viewsPhilmyRs

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 11:39 - Oct 28 by paulparker

I don’t blame players for setting their sights on bigger things but how many have we slipped through the net when it comes to contracts , it’s happening year on year to us
Amos wasnt great last year but was signed full time & for a transfer fee , we knew what we was getting especially with form & past injuries
Carroll we had 6 years ago and wasn’t any good then so why is that going to change now
The others yes they need time but we should of built from the back this side is crying out for a proper centre half and a ball winning midfielder
Ben Watson would have been perfect
A lot of our recruitment past & present is down to the DOF that’s his role I love Les as much as any fan but is he really a great DOF ? imo we have wasted a lot of the money we had
I agree re Your point on Mclaren who was a terrible appointment, we all said it would be
But it comes down to the board making more errors , when does it stop from them Btw? why was it allowed to happen in the first place
As per warburtons approach I’d like to know what it is because I’m struggling

Maybe I can't see the wood from the trees when it comes to Les. He's a hero, a nice bloke and probably my all time favourite Rangers player. It's hard to assess his record from a neutral perspective. I love the man. That said, I do agree he's made errors - I too would have liked Watson, a centre back and full back but at the same time we just don't look like scoring so understand why they invested in attacking players.

I think we have to give them more time. Early signs are a bit worrying but if Dykes does develop as we hope, Bonne shows his potential - afterall Les didn't really come into his own until the mid 20s - Willock steps out of the academy education bubble and starts delivering and Dickie starts dominating and showing what he can do, we may be sitting here at the end of this season saying what a good bit of business we did. Either way, I think it's too early to write-off both the season and the signings. There's a long way to go. It could get worse, we could implode, the signings turn out to be League1 but there's still a chance they develop as we hope they will.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 13:21]
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 13:55 - Oct 28 with 1133 viewsPinnerPaul

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:28 - Oct 27 by paulparker

If we go down this year the club is fcuked , that I agree with
And yes I also agree re the wage bill, but how much of that parachute money did we waste, how many players have we gone through in this time
We could of had warnock for a second time but Les didn’t want him ( I don’t buy that warnock turned us down btw)
JFH, Ramsey, Mclaren all poor appointments , I’ve not been warburtons biggest fan but this transfer window has been poor , we were crying out for full backs and a decent centre back , you build from the back , not with wingers
Dave B is right the carry on with Hall, manning, BOS , has cost the club potential millions
I just don’t know where we go from here , the board are useless, Les as DOF hasn’t worked and we have a manager who is to stubborn to change it

One red card doesn't make Dickie NOT a decent centre back and everyone raving about Masterson last year.

Not sure how we would ever ever ever get 'millions' for injury prone Hall or mistake ridden Manning, PLUS we will still get a fee for BOS whatever happens.
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 13:57 - Oct 28 with 1125 viewsPinnerPaul

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 21:56 - Oct 27 by qprd

I will repeat again: This new approach of benching players who dont resign contracts is beyond inane

We are depreciating the value of our assets (manning should never have been sold for 250k) and brights market value is dropping as we speak

but perhaps more relevantly, we are just not good enough to be d*cking around with our best team... say what you like about manning, but he is the best left back we had on the squad... bright is arguably the best player we've got (which is a damning indictment in and of itself)

WE ARE NOT IN A POSITION TO BE DROPPING OUR BEST PLAYERS. Our squad is not good- we lost nearly 45 goals between eze hugill and wells- we cannot afford to sit good players over contract disputes while they are under contract

Why are we going along with this moronic transfer approach? Who cares if players are committed to playing for us beyond this year if we're in League one? And is MW going to be here in 12 months if this continues like this?

finally, manning and bright are really popular in the dressing room.... why are we poisoning the dressing room with contract nonsense?

Tell us more about the dressing room
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 14:03 - Oct 28 with 1102 viewsPinnerPaul

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 11:21 - Oct 28 by RangersDave

Someone remind me.......

How many wins in 20 odd games?

So maybe 1 in 4 (at the minute), do we as a group think thats acceptable?
If the answer is no, can we 'afford' to keep going as we are?

The thought of the drop may help us as fans to visit new grounds, but it wont be healthy for the team / club.

The trouble is, what do we do about it? who do we blame? is there a common denominator here that we can think of?

You honestly think a new manager would help?

Can't buy anyone for just over 8 weeks - what's that 12 games, so realistically 15 before we got anyone, maybe 20 before new man had his team playing 'his way' and hey ho we're more than halfway through the season.

Not having a pop, but how exactly how do you think a new man would improve things?
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 14:07 - Oct 28 with 1095 viewsNorthantsHoop

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 13:21 - Oct 28 by PhilmyRs

Maybe I can't see the wood from the trees when it comes to Les. He's a hero, a nice bloke and probably my all time favourite Rangers player. It's hard to assess his record from a neutral perspective. I love the man. That said, I do agree he's made errors - I too would have liked Watson, a centre back and full back but at the same time we just don't look like scoring so understand why they invested in attacking players.

I think we have to give them more time. Early signs are a bit worrying but if Dykes does develop as we hope, Bonne shows his potential - afterall Les didn't really come into his own until the mid 20s - Willock steps out of the academy education bubble and starts delivering and Dickie starts dominating and showing what he can do, we may be sitting here at the end of this season saying what a good bit of business we did. Either way, I think it's too early to write-off both the season and the signings. There's a long way to go. It could get worse, we could implode, the signings turn out to be League1 but there's still a chance they develop as we hope they will.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 13:21]

I agree with what you are saying on this, last night watching the team and after the game felt it was a right mess. Before the game, felt that it was going to be a tough night against Barnsley and that came to pass. The answer is not to sack Warburton, he needs to work through this, still a long way to go. You can see confidence is low in the team, this for me was demonstrated by heads going down when PNE were awarded their first penalty last week, never recovered. The mentality seems to be not losing, rather than winning, until we get in front in a game again and confidence flows from that, it is going to be hard to judge whether this is a blip or we are in serious trouble. The form guide carrying over from the restart games suggests it is going to be a struggle. I live in hope that it can be turned around, starting on Saturday.
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 14:46 - Oct 28 with 1039 viewsToast_R

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 12:20 - Oct 28 by Hunterhoop

No, it’s not.

It’s bottom 6/7 in the Champ, but certainly not bottom 3, and bar a very small number of clubs in League 1, it’s a higher budget than everyone else in that league.

Bottom 6/7 is what I'd call circling the drain. Eventually you get washed down with all the other shit.

I will say this though, a lot of these players are stepping up to this level so to expect them to hit the ground running is simply unrealistic. They need to find their feet, adjust and above all else, learn from their mistakes. Way too early to be questioning the managers position. I'd take relegation on the chin and say we'd come back a lot stronger for it should it actually happen. I
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 15:06]
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 14:57 - Oct 28 with 1018 viewsPikey

Brights price is dropping as we speak

Not sure that's true as he can go on a free if he signs an agreement in Januarh with another club. So his price cant drop he has no £ value unless he signs a contract. If he thought anything of us he'd sign a 2 year on the promise we would sell at x value. After all he turned down the £4,m deal his agent had negotiated and left us with an asset worth nothing in resale terms.
Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 17:58 - Oct 28 with 918 viewsR_from_afar

Do the players want Warburton to be brown bread? on 14:07 - Oct 28 by NorthantsHoop

I agree with what you are saying on this, last night watching the team and after the game felt it was a right mess. Before the game, felt that it was going to be a tough night against Barnsley and that came to pass. The answer is not to sack Warburton, he needs to work through this, still a long way to go. You can see confidence is low in the team, this for me was demonstrated by heads going down when PNE were awarded their first penalty last week, never recovered. The mentality seems to be not losing, rather than winning, until we get in front in a game again and confidence flows from that, it is going to be hard to judge whether this is a blip or we are in serious trouble. The form guide carrying over from the restart games suggests it is going to be a struggle. I live in hope that it can be turned around, starting on Saturday.

I think there is a pattern emerging for Rangers once January arrives each season and who is managing at the time doesn't make any difference to it.

If we get to January and look like we are going to be safe, or safe but unable to get into the play-offs, results start to tail off. It has happened under Ollie, McClaren and Warburton.

I don't think it's down to the manager, it's the result of the players easing up a bit. I don't think it's a confidence or commitment thing on the players' part, I just think they know deep down that getting into the play-offs is going to be beyond them, even if they put in maximum effort for every single game. They know they are not Bayern Munich players, they know their squad is, if truth be told, not good enough to mount a serious promotion challenge.

This situation is also compounded by the club failing to invest in the January window, not just because of FFP but because they too perceive that we are safe but not in a position to put together a realistic promotion push.

I am not saying I like this, I just think this is a dynamic we are stuck with and that is why, if you look at a manager's performance at the tail end of season A and the start of season B, it can look really poor.

OK, we *are* poor at the moment, but I just wanted to share this thought.

Shields up, switch on cloaking device, prime claymores

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024