Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kane not able... 23:25 - Feb 25 with 6287 viewsLblock

Apologies first... yes I should be basking in the glory of a win against WRDC with some fine attacking football but I have to say it.

Kane was woeful

Everything bar one tackle went wrong for him. He looked completely bereft and couldn’t get anything right.
If he’d offered me a lift home I’d of sooner walked and I have serious concerns he could go to put his key in the front door when he gets home and end up having his own eye out.

I’m sure I liked what I saw at the start of the season, bit suss defensively but got forward really well and put some great crosses in. A shadow of that now.

Hope he can regroup over the summer and has a great 46 next season. I quite like him but he’s had some right stinkers of late which has you lamenting Rangels age

And now back to..... Eze’s too good for you...

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Kane not able... on 08:26 - Feb 26 with 1346 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Kane not able... on 01:28 - Feb 26 by Benny_the_Ball

This.

(yes, Comrade Bazza, I'm agreeing with you. Don't adjust your television set!)
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 1:36]

The first time you agree with me was because I was wrong!
Kane not able... on 08:27 - Feb 26 with 1340 viewsTheChef

Kane not able... on 01:10 - Feb 26 by BrianMcCarthy

That was a genuine question, Smegma. I thought it was Pugh picking him up who jumped well but wasn't tall enough. I did say at the time that I'd like to study the match-ups again.

Yeah Waghorn just checked his run to make space for the header, looked a bit too easy but hey sh1t happens. I also like a defender stood on the back post, but that's just me :)

I'm not Kane's biggest fan either but I thought he was OK last night, I think we know he's better going forward and can provide some very good balls from wide. Plus Rangel at his age is not going to be able to play week in week out.

Shame that as fans we still need to single out players for criticism, even after a nice home win. Oh well.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Kane not able... on 08:42 - Feb 26 with 1315 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Kane not able... on 00:52 - Feb 26 by VancouverHoop

I don't like calling out individual players, it's a team game and needs to viewed and analysed that way. However I tend to agree with the opening post. RB has been consistently weak for weeks, pretty much every time Angel's not occupying it. I agree, Kane can pass the ball and is very decent going forward. But (and it's a serious one) he is weak defensively, and that should – even in this day and age – be the first requirement of a full back. He loses his man too often, doesn't tackle authoritatively, and frequently draws team-mates out of position to cover for him, as was the case with BOS and Hall tonight. I understand that there may be no choice – though can Kakay be that bad? – But it's position that needs serious attention in the off-season, because even though Kane has a four-year contract (according to Wiki,) I'm not sure he's likely to improve enough in that time to keep playing.

Don't think he was brilliant either but I remember one point first half where he crossed the whole of the pitch to cover a ball that got in behind Manning. Also I noticed that Kane and Manning rotated at one point which I'm not sure I've ever seen before. Right-back and Left-back rotating I've only seen wingers do that I think. Warburton seems to ask a lot of his players particularly his full backs which I think should be taken in to account before being to critical. You need to be a bloody good player to be a good full-back in this system.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Kane not able... on 08:50 - Feb 26 with 1297 viewsRangers67

Have to agree with the original post, Kane ain,t good enough and never will be. Manning on the other hand would be better in midfield as he isn,t a very good defender but is very good going forward. Two new fullbacks in the summer please Sir Les
Kane not able... on 08:53 - Feb 26 with 1283 viewsstevec

Did say to my son last night, when another of Kane’s crosses disappeared where the sun don’t shine, does he actually aim at the defenders arse?

To be fair, cross of the night to Pugh.
Kane not able... on 09:06 - Feb 26 with 1268 viewsfrancisbowles

Kane not able... on 08:50 - Feb 26 by Rangers67

Have to agree with the original post, Kane ain,t good enough and never will be. Manning on the other hand would be better in midfield as he isn,t a very good defender but is very good going forward. Two new fullbacks in the summer please Sir Les

Have you been paying attention to the financial restrictions that we have?
Kane not able... on 09:12 - Feb 26 with 1248 viewsgazza1

Strange really because his first match at Loftus Road he came on as sub and I thought 'wow we got some player here'.....however he has never reached those heights since.

My view, I think some are being a little harsh but lets give him more time to see if there is a good RB in there somewhere. He has got pace which is vital and I presume he has a good attitude to the game. Rangel may be a big asset for him over the coming few months with regard to the RB position.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 9:13]
Kane not able... on 11:20 - Feb 26 with 1140 viewsRangers67

Kane not able... on 09:06 - Feb 26 by francisbowles

Have you been paying attention to the financial restrictions that we have?

New fullbacks wouldn,t have to cost a fortune. With a decent bit of scouting we could probably pick up a couple of promising players.
Login to get fewer ads

Kane not able... on 11:24 - Feb 26 with 1134 viewssmegma

Kane not able... on 08:13 - Feb 26 by CamberleyR

He was signed from Ch*ls**. He was on loan at Hull.

No he wasn't.
Kane not able... on 11:27 - Feb 26 with 1125 viewsTonto

How many chances did Derby create down his side?

er… um... nothing out of the ordinary. Probably they got in a few crosses as normally happens in the process of a match (even to Gary Neville), but I don't recall him floundering as a winger got past him and created a real moment of danger once...

so he did his job then. And you call that woeful. Or are you just after a boo boy now Lumley is on the bench?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Kane not able... on 11:27 - Feb 26 with 1125 viewskingo

Hamalainen is meant to be doing very well at Kilmarnock. Perhaps he will step up next season. Plus Kakay was also doing well while he was out on loan.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Kane not able... on 11:27 - Feb 26 with 1125 viewsAntti_Heinola

Kane not able... on 08:42 - Feb 26 by CliveWilsonSaid

Don't think he was brilliant either but I remember one point first half where he crossed the whole of the pitch to cover a ball that got in behind Manning. Also I noticed that Kane and Manning rotated at one point which I'm not sure I've ever seen before. Right-back and Left-back rotating I've only seen wingers do that I think. Warburton seems to ask a lot of his players particularly his full backs which I think should be taken in to account before being to critical. You need to be a bloody good player to be a good full-back in this system.

that was because manning took a corner on the other side i think

Bare bones.

Kane not able... on 11:29 - Feb 26 with 1115 viewsAntti_Heinola

Kane not able... on 01:46 - Feb 26 by smegma

Ive been saying that all season.

because men on the posts takes men away from actual defending. That's the theory, and I can understand it. Still, our defending at corners is so bad, maybe we should line everyone up on the goalline, and either Kelly claims it or we back ourselves to clear a header off the line ;)

Bare bones.

Kane not able... on 11:30 - Feb 26 with 1113 viewsAntti_Heinola

Kane not able... on 11:24 - Feb 26 by smegma

No he wasn't.

he was, mate.

Bare bones.

Kane not able... on 11:39 - Feb 26 with 1097 viewsLongsufferingR

Kane not able... on 11:30 - Feb 26 by Antti_Heinola

he was, mate.

I thought he was a free agent having been released by Chelsea.
Kane not able... on 11:41 - Feb 26 with 1088 viewsLongsufferingR

....and it was Pugh who was marking Waghorn, not Kane. Can't blame Pugh for not being taller, better to blame whoever told him to mark Waghorn.
Kane not able... on 11:42 - Feb 26 with 1083 viewsCroydonCaptJack

https://www.qpr.co.uk/squads/first-team/todd-kane/
Kane not able... on 11:55 - Feb 26 with 1056 viewsCamberleyR

Kane not able... on 11:39 - Feb 26 by LongsufferingR

I thought he was a free agent having been released by Chelsea.

He turned down a new contract, he wasn't released. When a player is released by a club without offering a new deal it means they are no longer wanted, ergo by the filth offering a new contract this wouldn't have been the case. He let his contract run down.

Perhaps how I should have worded the post to appease smegma the pedant (I think he has a problem with me and I don't know why) and not arouse his ire was to say:

"He chose to let his contract run down at Ch*ls** to become a free agent. He was on loan at Hull"

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Kane not able... on 11:57 - Feb 26 with 1048 viewsLongsufferingR

Kane not able... on 11:55 - Feb 26 by CamberleyR

He turned down a new contract, he wasn't released. When a player is released by a club without offering a new deal it means they are no longer wanted, ergo by the filth offering a new contract this wouldn't have been the case. He let his contract run down.

Perhaps how I should have worded the post to appease smegma the pedant (I think he has a problem with me and I don't know why) and not arouse his ire was to say:

"He chose to let his contract run down at Ch*ls** to become a free agent. He was on loan at Hull"

OK, thanks!
Kane not able... on 12:16 - Feb 26 with 1000 viewsRangersw12

We do have a strange fanbase

Couple of hours after a good performance and win where a young player once again scores a winner and we have a thread moaning about a player who didn't really do a lot wrong

I suppose we have to have a scapegoat so to be expected
Kane not able... on 12:20 - Feb 26 with 987 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Kane not able... on 11:27 - Feb 26 by Antti_Heinola

that was because manning took a corner on the other side i think

Yes you might be right. It was very early in the game and I couldn’t work out why Kane was on the Ellerslie Rd side and Manning on the other.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Kane not able... on 12:27 - Feb 26 with 963 viewsbosh67

I think we may see a better Kane next season. He needs games and he needs confidence. He's not a bad player. His pass to Pugh was arguably pass of the night. The problem is that he's sort of a right right sided Bidwell. Honest enough, a bit limited and open to being a regular scapegoat.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kane not able... on 13:48 - Feb 26 with 889 viewssmegma

Kane not able... on 11:55 - Feb 26 by CamberleyR

So you agree with me despite trying to argue that what I said was incorrect. If that makes me pedantic so be it, think you'll get over it.
Kane not able... on 13:52 - Feb 26 with 875 viewsPinnerPaul

Kane not able... on 00:03 - Feb 26 by LeedsR

Sure he wasn’t perfect, gave away a few silly balls and needs to improve his positioning defensively, but with some guidance from someone like Angel, he should improve. He has the tools and I think it was him that put a lovely ball over for Pugh to smash (for once!) towards the Derby keeper, who did well to save it.

Jury’s still out for me, but in a hopeful optimistic way!

'Gave away some silly balls' - like the other 21 players - 1st half especially was poor in that regard.

Very difficult to go through a game without misplacing a pass.

Thought he did OK - 6 or 7 perhaps, certainly not bad enough to warrant a thread of his own!
Kane not able... on 13:53 - Feb 26 with 869 viewsPinnerPaul

Kane not able... on 00:40 - Feb 26 by BrianMcCarthy

What MOTM candidate was at fault for a goal, kid?

Mr Rooney!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024