Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right of way (Non QPR) 18:01 - Mar 2 with 1567 viewsbabygravy

I've got one for you developers, builders or anyone else who might have had a similiar experience. They're building some new houses next door to us. We're on the end of a terrace and there's a driveway between us and the new houses. The drive way extends about another 80 foot or so beyond the end of the garden.We got a letter through the door a few weeks ago from the developer telling us we had an existing right of way to thend of the drive which ends at a fence about 70/80 foot beyond our garden. He wants us to give this right of way up so he can use it for parking. He's offered to change our garage doors (3-door folding type) in exchange for giving up right of way and will also pay any "reasonable solicitors" fees.
Now, I reckon this is a crap deal. Do I,
1. Nah, I'll hold on to my right of way?
2. Ask for the garage doors and whole fence to be replaced (about 80-90 foot)?
3. Ask for £2000 (or more)?
Also bear in mind that I haven't been able to gain access to my garage during the day for nearly 6 months cos of builders vans etc and I haven't always been able to park infront of the house.
I'm inclined to ask for the cash or is this unreasonable cos I reckon it's only going to benefit the developer as new garage doors will attract more buyers. What do you all reckon?
Cheers chaps!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024