Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just throwing it out there. 18:01 - Dec 18 with 10387 viewsHoopsarrr

Everyone's first choice (club and fans) manager has come available, wouldn't be surprised if the board made changes in the new year. At least if we still go down we can rebuild under a promising, young manager.
Just throwing it out there. on 22:41 - Dec 18 with 1770 viewsLoft1979

Just throwing it out there. on 18:46 - Dec 18 by PinnerPaul

As I've saId before, if tHE new man then starts off a bad run, sack him as well?

How many times are we going to try this and fail before people realise SACKING THE MANGER DOESN'T WORK!

Ask Chelsea....they can't be too sad right now.
Oh /sacking does work...if it didn't it would not be used so often.
But sometimes u have to keep experimenting with the recipe. This does remind of last year except instead of Ollie it was NW ...another interesting element here is IF Rowett was available he would probably have been hired twice now......
IMO- Yes Ollie is probably here because it's QPR but he could as others said step back from this mess to be a realistic step forward. By that Rowett could come ala Steve or Hoddle and allow a transition with Rowett ( or other) taking over. Sure...I know unlikely...
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 22:49]
Just throwing it out there. on 23:05 - Dec 18 with 1744 viewsQPR_John

Just throwing it out there. on 22:30 - Dec 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

60 years standing or sitting near you talking shite must have had many a man never return.
You are misery personified.
Now there is the truth.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2016 22:47]

Its been a long day I am sure you will feel better in the morning
Just throwing it out there. on 05:32 - Dec 19 with 1667 viewsloftinoz

Just throwing it out there. on 19:49 - Dec 18 by johncharles

We are having a serious injection of reality. We've been sleepwalking into League 1. Have you looked at our up and coming fixtures ?

Just throwing it out there. on 09:09 - Dec 19 with 1611 viewsBostonR

Just throwing it out there. on 21:52 - Dec 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Bet you are gutted we are not bottom 3 at chrismas

There is every chance we will be bottom 3 over Xmas/New Year. I don't feel much like watching the shite that gets served up in League 1, so would like to see us getting a few points please - Mr Holloway.

Here is a tip for him - do not play a league 1 quality midget up front and hoof fecking balls up to him in the hope he will do something good! If you are going to play hoofball you have two 6ft plus players in the squad. It's not that hard is it?
Just throwing it out there. on 09:18 - Dec 19 with 1601 views2Thomas2Bowles

Just throwing it out there. on 09:09 - Dec 19 by BostonR

There is every chance we will be bottom 3 over Xmas/New Year. I don't feel much like watching the shite that gets served up in League 1, so would like to see us getting a few points please - Mr Holloway.

Here is a tip for him - do not play a league 1 quality midget up front and hoof fecking balls up to him in the hope he will do something good! If you are going to play hoofball you have two 6ft plus players in the squad. It's not that hard is it?

Tell the truth, you would be happy for us to keep losing if that got Ollie the sack.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Just throwing it out there. on 10:06 - Dec 19 with 1564 viewsHooped_Pullie

Lot of honest fans on here and other threads having a go at one another.

The simple truth is this : we were heading down under JFH, his way of playing was not winning games (apart from the odd fluke like Fulham). By the time we got rid, Warnock, Jackett and Bruce had all been fixed up with jobs in this division, and Rowett hadn't been sacked yet. We turned to the only candidate available who wanted the job : Holloway. He is now trying to impose his ideas and way of playing onto a squad where he hasn't signed a single player, thereby having to work with what he's been given.

I believe, from here, this will go one of two ways : either we'll fluke a win soon, buying time in the process, while a bit of wheeling & dealing on the player front next month is planned out to improve matters OR having lost five on the trot, we then lose another five - if this happens, Holloway will jump before he's pushed. No manager survives ten defeats in a row in the modern game, though I wish we'd just see it through and stick with the man and his coaching staff.

As for Rowett coming in, he'd want to be feeling pretty bullish to agree that : we are not in good shape, and he'd need to be sure that the performance maximisation techniques he employed at Brum to such over-performing effect would work on this lot.

Frankly, I hope we stick with Olly and he sticks with us.
Just throwing it out there. on 10:18 - Dec 19 with 1550 viewsCamberleyR

Just throwing it out there. on 10:06 - Dec 19 by Hooped_Pullie

The simple truth is this : we were heading down under JFH, his way of playing was not winning games (apart from the odd fluke like Fulham). By the time we got rid, Warnock, Jackett and Bruce had all been fixed up with jobs in this division, and Rowett hadn't been sacked yet. We turned to the only candidate available who wanted the job : Holloway. He is now trying to impose his ideas and way of playing onto a squad where he hasn't signed a single player, thereby having to work with what he's been given.

I believe, from here, this will go one of two ways : either we'll fluke a win soon, buying time in the process, while a bit of wheeling & dealing on the player front next month is planned out to improve matters OR having lost five on the trot, we then lose another five - if this happens, Holloway will jump before he's pushed. No manager survives ten defeats in a row in the modern game, though I wish we'd just see it through and stick with the man and his coaching staff.

As for Rowett coming in, he'd want to be feeling pretty bullish to agree that : we are not in good shape, and he'd need to be sure that the performance maximisation techniques he employed at Brum to such over-performing effect would work on this lot.

"We turned to the only candidate available who wanted the job : Holloway"

Not quite true. Karl Robinson was available, wanted it and I believe was interviewed.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Just throwing it out there. on 10:39 - Dec 19 with 1516 viewsSimonJames

Just throwing it out there. on 10:06 - Dec 19 by Hooped_Pullie

"The simple truth is this : we were heading down under JFH..."
A sweeping statement backed up by zero facts!

We were averaging 1.25 points per game and were 6 points off the play offs.
Now were averaging 0.5 points per game (with one win against 10 men) and 14 points off the play offs.

Before Olly took over we'd only failed to score in three games this season.
Now we've only scored 1 goal in five games.

"The simple truth is this : we are more likely to be heading down now than we were before".

100% of people who drink water will die.

Login to get fewer ads

Just throwing it out there. on 11:02 - Dec 19 with 1504 viewsPinnerPaul

Just throwing it out there. on 19:16 - Dec 18 by QPR_John

Hiring the wrong manager does not work. If sacking the manager never worked there would be very few successful teams

Nail on head John - there aren't!

I think more than half Championship sides have changed managers already - not many of them are going to be successful.

Look at top two divs - loads of teams doing worse with new manager.
Just throwing it out there. on 11:15 - Dec 19 with 1489 viewsWestbourneR

I think you can dress it up anyway you want but the squad isn't that bad, in fact it's more than good enough for this division, and losing five games on the bounce is close to being unacceptable.

I love Ian Holloway but I didn't want him back and if he hadn't been a 'Rangers Man' his recent record would have meant he got nowhere near the job.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Just throwing it out there. on 11:26 - Dec 19 with 1472 viewsdannyblue

We'll be fine. We have a decent squad. It will click. Keep cool Tony, keep the faith. Please don't buy loads of players in the window for another six months of turmoil, and please don't change managers again.
Just throwing it out there. on 11:53 - Dec 19 with 1452 viewsNW10Hoop

The days of giving a manager a full season seem to be long gone among some of our fans.... but not even giving him a transfer window is a tad extreme. Even for us Rs.

For the record, I think we'd be a couple of points better off under JFH, but the football was boring and the atmosphere at Loftus Rd was pretty dead.

I love how much Holloway wears his heart on his sleeve for us. After years of getting the sense the club is being abused by mercenaries, it's exactly what we need. Give him a while, see if the players (and players that he brings in) buy into what he's selling. But for any of us to not be 100% behind him, especially this early - stinks.
Just throwing it out there. on 13:55 - Dec 19 with 1399 viewsNorthernr

Rowett did a superb job at Burton and Birmingham. Disgraceful that he's been sacked in the way he has. Suspect Birmingham will now go on a little plummet. But...

Prior to his dismissal Birmingham fans were (and stop me when this sounds familiar) starting to mumble and grumble about the football being a bit boring. 4-2-3-1, defensive, not particularly exciting to watch, not attacking enough etc. Basically, exactly what we sacked JFH for just a month back.

Just so I can keep up (it's so hard with the QPR fans these days) are we no longer in the "I'm not bothered about the results I just want to be entertained" stage and back to the "entertainment can come later we need results" bit? And is it young, hungry manager we want, or experienced war horse?
Just throwing it out there. on 14:05 - Dec 19 with 1374 viewsdaveB

Rowett has turned us down twice now so I wouldn't want him
Just throwing it out there. on 14:10 - Dec 19 with 1364 views2Thomas2Bowles

Just throwing it out there. on 13:55 - Dec 19 by Northernr

Rowett did a superb job at Burton and Birmingham. Disgraceful that he's been sacked in the way he has. Suspect Birmingham will now go on a little plummet. But...

Prior to his dismissal Birmingham fans were (and stop me when this sounds familiar) starting to mumble and grumble about the football being a bit boring. 4-2-3-1, defensive, not particularly exciting to watch, not attacking enough etc. Basically, exactly what we sacked JFH for just a month back.

Just so I can keep up (it's so hard with the QPR fans these days) are we no longer in the "I'm not bothered about the results I just want to be entertained" stage and back to the "entertainment can come later we need results" bit? And is it young, hungry manager we want, or experienced war horse?

Ted H says Ollie has no experience, so make what you want of that!
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 14:11]

Just throwing it out there. on 14:12 - Dec 19 with 1352 viewscorse

young and hungry manager is what i want. these old war horses we ve had ( redknapp) and have now ( ollie) have stumbled badly on the battlefield and are on their last journey to the glue factory.
Just throwing it out there. on 14:20 - Dec 19 with 1338 viewsMytch_QPR

indecisiveness is all part of the curse.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Just throwing it out there. on 14:24 - Dec 19 with 1324 viewsLongsufferingR

Just throwing it out there. on 14:20 - Dec 19 by Mytch_QPR

indecisiveness is all part of the curse.

Can't make up my mind if I agree with that or not.
Just throwing it out there. on 14:44 - Dec 19 with 1292 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

We'd like entertaining and flashy results brought to us by a young hungry experienced war horse of a manager. NOW!

Keep up, there's a good lad....
Just throwing it out there. on 15:52 - Dec 19 with 1256 viewsBostonR

We have the war-horse in position at the moment, but he has not left the stalls.

OK - I am not an Ollie fan but watching us hoof the bloody ball up to 5ft nothing Washington just reinforced (for me) Holloway's deficiencies as a manager. What annoys me is that he played Polter and Washington together vs Norwich and there were signs that that could work, but since then the wheels have come-off.

For me it was a poor appointment, but we just have to stick with him. However, let's say we lose the next five games (very possible) what then?
Just throwing it out there. on 15:56 - Dec 19 with 1245 views2Thomas2Bowles

Just throwing it out there. on 15:52 - Dec 19 by BostonR

We have the war-horse in position at the moment, but he has not left the stalls.

OK - I am not an Ollie fan but watching us hoof the bloody ball up to 5ft nothing Washington just reinforced (for me) Holloway's deficiencies as a manager. What annoys me is that he played Polter and Washington together vs Norwich and there were signs that that could work, but since then the wheels have come-off.

For me it was a poor appointment, but we just have to stick with him. However, let's say we lose the next five games (very possible) what then?

let's say we lose the next five games (very possible) what then?

You will be jumping for joy
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 15:56]

Just throwing it out there. on 16:00 - Dec 19 with 1234 viewsBostonR

Just throwing it out there. on 15:56 - Dec 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

let's say we lose the next five games (very possible) what then?

You will be jumping for joy
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 15:56]

Don't think so.
Just throwing it out there. on 16:06 - Dec 19 with 1222 views2Thomas2Bowles

Just throwing it out there. on 16:00 - Dec 19 by BostonR

Don't think so.

Sure you will, and carring on calling for Ollie to be sacked.

Lets face it you won't be saying he needs better players, that the lot that LF and JFH got in are the real problem.

Just throwing it out there. on 17:49 - Dec 19 with 1164 viewsBostonR

Just throwing it out there. on 16:06 - Dec 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Sure you will, and carring on calling for Ollie to be sacked.

Lets face it you won't be saying he needs better players, that the lot that LF and JFH got in are the real problem.

So I jump and down in my seat in SAR with the dozen or so lads that I go to Rs with everytime the oppo score - you fcking idiot
Call me out when I have asked for Ollie to be sacked since he returned?
Just throwing it out there. on 18:03 - Dec 19 with 1148 views2Thomas2Bowles

Just throwing it out there. on 17:49 - Dec 19 by BostonR

So I jump and down in my seat in SAR with the dozen or so lads that I go to Rs with everytime the oppo score - you fcking idiot
Call me out when I have asked for Ollie to be sacked since he returned?

Come on admit it, it's what you want, you have never said a good thing about him EVER.

You are the only person I have ever seen post on a MB that you hope we would lose so he would get the sack.

You have not changed you just don't want to post it again but it is what you want.

Leopard and Spots.

I bet you boo too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024