Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Babies and toddlers on planes 19:15 - Apr 16 with 25675 viewsMancR

Just back from new York on overnight flight and all children should be on a separate plane, maybe attached and towed like a glider. One family tried to keep 3 kids aged between 6 months and 4 fed, entertained and quiet , they failed miserably :(
Spending thousands flying kids long haul is insane and should be illegal.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:35 - Apr 18 with 2149 viewsTacticalR

Why don't they have baby reclaim at the airport and then you can just pick them up on the way back?

Air hostess clique

Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:41 - Apr 18 with 2129 viewsDeano19766

Babies and toddlers on planes on 02:10 - Apr 18 by Bluce_Ree

Punter

Nah, mate. Here's things I like:

Sleep
Free time
Normal adult conversations
Disposable income

Here's some shit I hate:

Screeching, gurgling, fake crying bullshit
Responsibility
Having to be friends with other parents
Seeing the same episode of Peppa fking Pig every day for two years
That bullshit tone parents take on when they become parents
having my house covered in fking Lego
Having to clean shit out of stuff
Having to act impressed by things that a well trained lab ape could do

Tread carefully Bluce otherwise PunteR will be seeking a banning order from LFW towers!

IInteresting that PunteR says being a parent is hard work as if we should have some sympathy for a man who voluntarily chose to take on that hard work, and that we should have to share that burden with him. Also, apparently it's not a lifestyle choice. What is it then? Of course it's a lifestyle choice. Unbelievable stuff Jeff.

Mind you there have been some sensible blokes on this thread though who prove that my conclusions are not right in every instance. It has changed my point of view to some extent.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Is it midday yet? Gagging for a beer. What else is one to do with all this spare time and disposable income eh?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 11:56]
Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:45 - Apr 18 with 2110 viewsDeano19766

Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:06 - Apr 18 by hopphoops

I'm glad you don't really believe what you wrote - but then the post was trolling on the same level as Deano's so I'll leave it to you to do as you think best

Didn't see it, but amusing to say the least. Ban him I say

No hard feelings PunteR. Let's just agree to disagree me old china.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 11:05]
Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:57 - Apr 18 with 2069 viewshopphoops

Notably no-one on this long-haul flight of a thread has actually blamed the children. Flying in general is a pain in the arse for all concerned. The best you can get is a route like Geneva-Brussels, a couple of hours with 150 power-napping technocrats.

In 30 years carbon taxes will make flying prohibitively expensive anyway so at least your kids won't have to worry about someone else's screaming grandkids.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:06 - Apr 18 with 2050 viewspaulparker

Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:41 - Apr 18 by Deano19766

Tread carefully Bluce otherwise PunteR will be seeking a banning order from LFW towers!

IInteresting that PunteR says being a parent is hard work as if we should have some sympathy for a man who voluntarily chose to take on that hard work, and that we should have to share that burden with him. Also, apparently it's not a lifestyle choice. What is it then? Of course it's a lifestyle choice. Unbelievable stuff Jeff.

Mind you there have been some sensible blokes on this thread though who prove that my conclusions are not right in every instance. It has changed my point of view to some extent.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Is it midday yet? Gagging for a beer. What else is one to do with all this spare time and disposable income eh?

Your Digging out the wrong bloke in Punter there Deano,
his post was a p1sstake at Bluce that's all , it was very tongue & cheek
don't see why a few on here are that sensitive about the thread tbh, some even asking for it to be removed FFS

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:15 - Apr 18 with 2042 viewsDeano19766

Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:06 - Apr 18 by paulparker

Your Digging out the wrong bloke in Punter there Deano,
his post was a p1sstake at Bluce that's all , it was very tongue & cheek
don't see why a few on here are that sensitive about the thread tbh, some even asking for it to be removed FFS

Mate, I'm jesting after he said he'd report me and ask for me to be banned then goes on a wind up himself!

You are right though, way too many sensitive people..........mostly consisting of those who are so subjective in their thinking that they get the right hump when we say we don't care about their kids and that we shouldn't have to put up with their screeching if they can't control them (or at least don't even try to control them, and instead just sit there thinking how we should also suffer and sympathise with them)...............

Sod midday anyway. Too far away. Beer o'clock now. Bottoms up
Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:24 - Apr 18 with 2020 viewsTheBlob

Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:20 - Apr 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

What about shitting your pants?

No I'll leave that sort of thing to you,I have some standards.
Nothing says attraction more than stuck in a rolled aluminium tube that has a couple of engines bolted casually to it,seated next to the person with the discharging ear infection,being prodded,poked and vomited on by someone's darling look everyone isn't he/she/it wonderful bastard offspring who will one day turn out to be Hitler/Stalin/Pol Pot and you think to yourself this is slightly less enjoyable than having self tapping coach bolts inserted into your eye sockets.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 11:25]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:34 - Apr 18 with 1997 viewszicoshoops

Babies and Toddlers are unable to equalize the pressure in their ears.
Just before takeoff stick a bottle of milk in their mouths and leave it there until cruising altitude is reached.
Do the same when the plane starts it's decent, until it has landed.
Result.........No screaming caused by the incredible pain they would otherwise experience.
For older kids, give them some boiled sweets to suck on.

Signed
Dr Zico

What's going on?

We should be told.

Sort it out.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2016 11:36]
Login to get fewer ads

Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:35 - Apr 18 with 1993 viewspaulparker

Babies and toddlers on planes on 11:15 - Apr 18 by Deano19766

Mate, I'm jesting after he said he'd report me and ask for me to be banned then goes on a wind up himself!

You are right though, way too many sensitive people..........mostly consisting of those who are so subjective in their thinking that they get the right hump when we say we don't care about their kids and that we shouldn't have to put up with their screeching if they can't control them (or at least don't even try to control them, and instead just sit there thinking how we should also suffer and sympathise with them)...............

Sod midday anyway. Too far away. Beer o'clock now. Bottoms up

Sorry Deano , I thought you were digging out PunteR , I got the wrong end of the stick
Enjoy your Beer you lucky g1t !!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Babies and toddlers on planes on 12:00 - Apr 18 with 1943 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Still loving this thread. How such a small issue can elicit such heightened emotions has me smiling.

Have to admit to an incident on a plane myself, though. Two kids in the seat behind me were kicking the crap out of my seat on a dawn flight and finding it hilarious. When their wine-scoffing Mother only laughed at them they graduated to pucking the back of my head.

So I got a bit tired of this, naturally, and attempted a quick chat with the pi$$Ed-up Mother:-

Me: "Are you going to have a word with them?"
Her(screaming in my face): "DON'T YOU GIVE OUT ABOUT MY FUGGIN' KIDS etc etc"
Me: "I'm not giving out about them, I'm giving out about you. They could become decent parents one day. Maybe they'll rear you".

I slept soundly afterwards.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Babies and toddlers on planes on 12:11 - Apr 18 with 1921 viewsadhoc_qpr

Love all the different perspectives on this thread!

I don't have or want kids and have little tolerance for them on planes/trains etc, but as long as the parents are trying their best to control them (successfully or not) i'll quietly put up with it. When the parents just leave them causing havoc because they have grown immune to the noise, i won't though.

Many parents are quite naturally blinkered because their kids are the most important things to them, they struggle to understand that others may not care or feel like making exceptions for them.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 12:14 - Apr 18 with 1908 viewsDeano19766

Babies and toddlers on planes on 12:00 - Apr 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Still loving this thread. How such a small issue can elicit such heightened emotions has me smiling.

Have to admit to an incident on a plane myself, though. Two kids in the seat behind me were kicking the crap out of my seat on a dawn flight and finding it hilarious. When their wine-scoffing Mother only laughed at them they graduated to pucking the back of my head.

So I got a bit tired of this, naturally, and attempted a quick chat with the pi$$Ed-up Mother:-

Me: "Are you going to have a word with them?"
Her(screaming in my face): "DON'T YOU GIVE OUT ABOUT MY FUGGIN' KIDS etc etc"
Me: "I'm not giving out about them, I'm giving out about you. They could become decent parents one day. Maybe they'll rear you".

I slept soundly afterwards.

Just when things were calming down, BM steps up to the mark. FFS Brian. Ban!!!
Babies and toddlers on planes on 12:15 - Apr 18 with 1902 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

NEXT UP ON LFW COMPASSION CORNER:

'Those Starving Africans on TV Put Me Off My Curry'
Babies and toddlers on planes on 12:19 - Apr 18 with 1897 viewsade_qpr

oh just rehire it

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Babies and toddlers on planes on 12:23 - Apr 18 with 1873 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Babies and toddlers on planes on 12:14 - Apr 18 by Deano19766

Just when things were calming down, BM steps up to the mark. FFS Brian. Ban!!!

Ha!

I commuted for years to Poland and London and have flown something like 500,000 miles. Bar this incident I have found that earphones get the job done.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Babies and toddlers on planes on 12:49 - Apr 18 with 1811 viewsHantsR

Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:41 - Apr 18 by Deano19766

Surely no man voluntarily chooses that hard work? It just happens and I'm still trying to work out how and why? My kids have the same problem.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 13:10 - Apr 18 with 1772 viewsisawqpratwcity

Babies and toddlers on planes on 10:21 - Apr 18 by Juzzie

I once went on a date with a Lufthansa stewardess and she said it's done just to give people reassurance when the reality is the plane hitting water is like hitting concrete. Even if by miracles the pilot was able to glide in at such an angle it just skimmed the surface, you have two (or 4) big engines hanging under the wings that'll act as huge water scoops and flip the plane downwards in a nano second as it nose-dives under water.

Best place to be is the toilet. Small, tight, confined space that you don't get thrown around as much in. Being in your seat means you'll just get hit by bags, cases, other people, crying babies, trollies etc. I once heard the reason for the bracing position is to protect your jaw so they can confirm peoples identity via dental records.

Enjoy your next flight people :)

"Best place to be is the toilet."

Nah, the drinks trolley don't stop there.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Babies and toddlers on planes on 13:24 - Apr 18 with 1747 viewsMick_S

Babies and toddlers on planes on 12:19 - Apr 18 by ade_qpr

oh just rehire it

Jesus H Christ - have the people from the Postman Pat Special Delivery Health and Safety Department seen this?

Who do I complain to?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Babies and toddlers on planes on 14:34 - Apr 18 with 1675 viewsBklynRanger

Babies and toddlers on planes on 12:11 - Apr 18 by adhoc_qpr

Love all the different perspectives on this thread!

I don't have or want kids and have little tolerance for them on planes/trains etc, but as long as the parents are trying their best to control them (successfully or not) i'll quietly put up with it. When the parents just leave them causing havoc because they have grown immune to the noise, i won't though.

Many parents are quite naturally blinkered because their kids are the most important things to them, they struggle to understand that others may not care or feel like making exceptions for them.

I'm just about the same. Putting aside the understandable stuff like ears popping and other physical discomforts, the rest seems to be based on the parenting.

I much prefer the realistic, good natured parent who will say 'leave that man alone' and call them back to the seat rather than the parent who thinks I'd like nothing more than to have that child running back and forth between me and its parents for half the flight. I was on two 16 hr flights between New York and Taiwan last month, and there was a kid in a basket thing 3 rows away both times. Hardly knew the kid was there on both occasions. Maybe the parents were lucky but I really respected the job they did there - so well done Taiwanese/Asian parents of the world (....he generalised...)

Anyway the child vs no child debate always seems to end up bringing out extreme opinions, some of which are on display here: No child extemists come across as angry, frustrated loons with a hint of psychosis; Child extremists come across as smug tvvats who think they're Mother Theresa just because they've got a kid. People need to get a grip, it's no more selfish to not have a kid than it is to have a kid.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 15:04 - Apr 18 with 1635 viewsTonto

What i dont understand is why kids are usually spread evenly around the plane, meaning those of us who dont want to be disturbed by a kid kicking the back of my seat, pulling on the seat to stand up, staring at me between the gap of the seats, or running up and down the aisle shouting/screaming, just cant get away from it.

If football stadiums can organise family areas (and lets face it football teams are not exactly THE MOST ORGANISED), SURELY AIRLINES CAN PUT THEM ALL IN THE SAME AREA OF THE PLANE? oN LONG HAUL FLIGHTS THE CABINS ARE USUALLY DIVIDED INTO SEVERAL AREAS IN ANY CASE - EVEN ECONOMY IS DIVIDED UP. damn caps lock - not getting angry!).

But parents need to take a lot of the responsibility. Kids need to be entertained and/or distracted. that means 10 books, 8 sets of crayons, a DVD player and several soft animals. Relying on the plane's entertainment system to do it for you aint gonna cut it.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Babies and toddlers on planes on 15:17 - Apr 18 with 1665 viewsBlackCrowe

Babies and toddlers on planes on 15:04 - Apr 18 by Tonto

What i dont understand is why kids are usually spread evenly around the plane, meaning those of us who dont want to be disturbed by a kid kicking the back of my seat, pulling on the seat to stand up, staring at me between the gap of the seats, or running up and down the aisle shouting/screaming, just cant get away from it.

If football stadiums can organise family areas (and lets face it football teams are not exactly THE MOST ORGANISED), SURELY AIRLINES CAN PUT THEM ALL IN THE SAME AREA OF THE PLANE? oN LONG HAUL FLIGHTS THE CABINS ARE USUALLY DIVIDED INTO SEVERAL AREAS IN ANY CASE - EVEN ECONOMY IS DIVIDED UP. damn caps lock - not getting angry!).

But parents need to take a lot of the responsibility. Kids need to be entertained and/or distracted. that means 10 books, 8 sets of crayons, a DVD player and several soft animals. Relying on the plane's entertainment system to do it for you aint gonna cut it.

Piriton does the job too I found.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Babies and toddlers on planes on 15:29 - Apr 18 with 1659 viewsNorthernr

I'm in the grumpy old man camp on this one as well. They're in a strange place, it's loud and rocking around, their ears hurt, they're fcking terrified, why do that to your own kids never mind the other passengers who have to sit and listen to them reacting to that!?

The point about them not remembering the trip anyway is a good one as well. My parents carted us off to florida for the whole disney land, universal studios stuff several times when we were little as well. I remember the trip when I was 8 or 9, and capable of flying without screaming (though I still threw up everywhere repeatedly) but not the ones before that which didn't come cheap and from what I could understand were a massive hassle for my parents carting two little kids halfway across the world.

Wait until they're old enough to know what the fck is going on for your own sake, never mind the poor sods who might end up sitting near you for 12 hours.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 15:47 - Apr 18 with 1626 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Babies and toddlers on planes on 15:29 - Apr 18 by Northernr

I'm in the grumpy old man camp on this one as well. They're in a strange place, it's loud and rocking around, their ears hurt, they're fcking terrified, why do that to your own kids never mind the other passengers who have to sit and listen to them reacting to that!?

The point about them not remembering the trip anyway is a good one as well. My parents carted us off to florida for the whole disney land, universal studios stuff several times when we were little as well. I remember the trip when I was 8 or 9, and capable of flying without screaming (though I still threw up everywhere repeatedly) but not the ones before that which didn't come cheap and from what I could understand were a massive hassle for my parents carting two little kids halfway across the world.

Wait until they're old enough to know what the fck is going on for your own sake, never mind the poor sods who might end up sitting near you for 12 hours.

What about funerals, house moves across the country, or visiting relatives about to pop their clogs?

Not all Disneyland fun times.

Maybe we could post them in massive Jiffy bags .
Babies and toddlers on planes on 15:48 - Apr 18 with 1622 viewsdaveB

you put your kids through it so you can have a nice holiday together, perhaps under 8's won't remember everything about those experiences when they are older but the parents will and there is no point having kids if you are not going to enjoy experiences with them such as holidays.

I think a few on here have got some front moaning about kids making noise on a journey when you think about what we all get upto travelling by train to watch QPR making other passengers journeys a bloody nightmare with our drinking and singing.
Babies and toddlers on planes on 15:56 - Apr 18 with 1613 viewsNorthernr

Babies and toddlers on planes on 15:47 - Apr 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

What about funerals, house moves across the country, or visiting relatives about to pop their clogs?

Not all Disneyland fun times.

Maybe we could post them in massive Jiffy bags .

Yeh very true (the first bit, not the jiffy bags :-D)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024