Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The smoggie Match Thread. 22:35 - Mar 31 with 31461 viewsconnell10

Ill start this and go for a startling 3-0 win for the R,S.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The smoggie Match Thread. on 22:17 - Apr 1 with 2446 viewsDiscodroids

The smoggie Match Thread. on 22:10 - Apr 1 by NW10Hoop

Grrrrr. Local journalists eh

[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 22:22]

Just looked thru his twitter ac. I sincerely hope his tweet on us resigning samba Diakite is an april fools. Dont think my blood pressure can handle any more tonight.

"The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn".

The smoggie Match Thread. on 22:20 - Apr 1 with 2434 viewsdodge_stoke_r

I think we have got used to watching too much dross. Can't believe how people thought that Boro where that good. First half, over all there wasnt that much in it and in the 2nd they had a 20 minute spell, around the two goals when we made Adomah look like Messy. Another bang ordinary team in a bang ordinary league. As already been said, they dont look any better than Villa, and they are shite!
The smoggie Match Thread. on 22:21 - Apr 1 with 2423 viewsPey

The smoggie Match Thread. on 21:53 - Apr 1 by joolsyp

Enjoyed that, apart from the result obviously. Boro have set a good marker in terms of what it takes to get out of this division and I'm sure JFH will learn from that. We're not far off - with 2 or 3 quality additions in the summer (including a leader/midfield general) I think we can give top 6 a real go.

One thing that did disappoint me when we were chasing the game - we just tended to lump it up to Seb and hope that Conor/Chery/Hoilett could feed off the scraps. I think we need to be cleverer than that - watch Boro when they attacked - lots of movement off the ball, clever little passes and decent crosses.

To be honest I think we are way out from being a top 6 contender next season, to me it's not only a matter of players but add a suited gameplan to get the best out of every player.
The smoggie Match Thread. on 22:34 - Apr 1 with 2324 viewsSteveB

Couple of thoughts from my living room.....Russian Standard Vodka induced:

Polter and Smithies did not deserve to be on the losing side tonight.
Phillips, fack right off.

I'm done, more vodka please......
The smoggie Match Thread. on 22:40 - Apr 1 with 2273 viewsoldmeadoniansR

The smoggie Match Thread. on 22:34 - Apr 1 by SteveB

Couple of thoughts from my living room.....Russian Standard Vodka induced:

Polter and Smithies did not deserve to be on the losing side tonight.
Phillips, fack right off.

I'm done, more vodka please......

Absolutely honestly. Phillips can butter my toast. Washington showed more desire after 0.0000009 seconds of getting on the pitch. Dis bloody grace.
The smoggie Match Thread. on 22:45 - Apr 1 with 2238 viewsDeepcutHoop

The smoggie Match Thread. on 21:56 - Apr 1 by QPRDave

Paul Warburton is reporting that QPR had help & hindrance from the officials.
He seems to think Mackie's shot never crossed the line...

Really, unlike the Preston game the other week where the ref was universally shite, we got the rough end of the majority of decisions, including that absolutely crucial one.
The smoggie Match Thread. on 22:52 - Apr 1 with 2195 viewsBoston

The smoggie Match Thread. on 22:45 - Apr 1 by DeepcutHoop

Really, unlike the Preston game the other week where the ref was universally shite, we got the rough end of the majority of decisions, including that absolutely crucial one.

Too be fair, that was the lineman's call, Ref was too far away to know where it was.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The smoggie Match Thread. on 22:58 - Apr 1 with 2157 viewsTheBlob

I don't remember another time when I've disliked so many Rangers players,maybe the Sibley era.That defence,Smithies excluded,is a f*cking disgrace.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

The smoggie Match Thread. on 23:00 - Apr 1 with 2138 viewsNorthernr

The smoggie Match Thread. on 22:58 - Apr 1 by TheBlob

I don't remember another time when I've disliked so many Rangers players,maybe the Sibley era.That defence,Smithies excluded,is a f*cking disgrace.

Lol. We're barely two years distant from Barton, Bosingwa, Park, Zamora, Johnson, Samba, Mbia, Green, Hoilett. Not that far away from Bruce, Rose, Morrow, Ngonge, Knight, Peshcisolido, Lisbie. This lot are a bunch of fcking saints.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The smoggie Match Thread. on 23:09 - Apr 1 with 2090 viewsTheBlob

The smoggie Match Thread. on 23:00 - Apr 1 by Northernr

Lol. We're barely two years distant from Barton, Bosingwa, Park, Zamora, Johnson, Samba, Mbia, Green, Hoilett. Not that far away from Bruce, Rose, Morrow, Ngonge, Knight, Peshcisolido, Lisbie. This lot are a bunch of fcking saints.

Time to cut down on the Prozac Clive.

The smoggie Match Thread. on 23:09 - Apr 1 with 2088 viewsPunteR

The smoggie Match Thread. on 23:00 - Apr 1 by Northernr

You cant put Zamora in that list North . sorry ,just saying.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The smoggie Match Thread. on 23:19 - Apr 1 with 2055 viewsNorthernr

The smoggie Match Thread. on 23:09 - Apr 1 by PunteR

You cant put Zamora in that list North . sorry ,just saying.

One goal doesn't mask the fact the bloke was fcking awful for four years here on massive money, having been signed on a stupid contract no other club would have given him given his medical situation.
The smoggie Match Thread. on 23:21 - Apr 1 with 2049 viewsNorthernr

The smoggie Match Thread. on 23:09 - Apr 1 by TheBlob

Time to cut down on the Prozac Clive.

Time to start going to a few matches and actually watching them Blob
The smoggie Match Thread. on 23:37 - Apr 1 with 1987 viewsstevec

Second best for three quarters of the game. Two good goals can't mask the fact this team is bang average.
The smoggie Match Thread. on 23:39 - Apr 1 with 1976 viewsPunteR

The smoggie Match Thread. on 23:19 - Apr 1 by Northernr

One goal doesn't mask the fact the bloke was fcking awful for four years here on massive money, having been signed on a stupid contract no other club would have given him given his medical situation.

Agree he was awful/injured for most of the time but THAT one goal gave us fans a memory of a lifetime.
C'mon northern ,we've all had a drink, it's late,QPR have lost,let's just leave it at all those names you mentioned bar Zamora..
Remember it's not your money,it's that clown Tony Fernandes's es money ...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The smoggie Match Thread. on 23:52 - Apr 1 with 1941 viewsAntti_Heinola

The smoggie Match Thread. on 23:37 - Apr 1 by stevec

Second best for three quarters of the game. Two good goals can't mask the fact this team is bang average.

And? We're mid table. We're the definition of average. And a bit of averageness is what this coub needs right now. I'm kin delighted with average. Enjoyed tonight. Good game.

Blob, time to get*on* the prozac, mate. I quite likethis team. Work hard. They care. Onwards and upwards.

Bare bones.

The smoggie Match Thread. on 00:02 - Apr 2 with 1915 viewskensalriser

Has Phillips ever been good on the left? Not the biggest of our problems in my view. Desperately lacking a leader and the defence is going to need surgery in the summer. I don't rate Onuoha, he just can't play football and is never a good choice at full back. Hall is OK and may turn out well but too pensive with the ball at his feet and nearly always takes the easy option, slowing down our play. Angella OK as a squad player, ditto Perch. Essentially we need a younger Clint Hill and a decent right back.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The smoggie Match Thread. on 01:26 - Apr 2 with 1830 viewsconnell10

Why mark me down for a prediction? Strange Andy b!

The smoggie Match Thread. on 02:05 - Apr 2 with 1809 viewsAndyB

If I did it wasn't intentional.
I never use it. iPad slip of finger.

I'm not even sure on the point of it tbh.

Mind you - it was a sh1t prediction!!
[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 2:06]
The smoggie Match Thread. on 06:12 - Apr 2 with 1744 viewsvegasranger

Go to watch the game late. No spine to this team, for me the whole back 4 needs replacing. Centre half at right back. right back at left back, a loan from Watford, Hall just pathetic. Smithies was superb and Polter has really come on as a centre forward. Phillips, lazy shite. Henry / Faurlin old and slow. Coverage of the Championship is very bad in the States this season but from the little I've seen of him I really don't have a good feeling about El Khayati. Good team spirit and we robbed of a third goal. A lot of rebuilding work to be done in the summer !!
The smoggie Match Thread. on 07:44 - Apr 2 with 1690 viewsDiscodroids

still having a giggle this morning at Halls attempted clearance off the line for their first goal. like watching victorian beast oddity John Merrick after a bottle of absinthe plumping up his pillow case. Him and angella were like two decapitated zombies from the walking dead .
[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 7:49]

"The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn".

The smoggie Match Thread. on 08:31 - Apr 2 with 1615 viewsTheBlob

The smoggie Match Thread. on 23:21 - Apr 1 by Northernr

Time to start going to a few matches and actually watching them Blob

Wellll.....so it's come to this eh?
Poor old Blob who doesn't have two boy scouts to rub together being berated for non attendance by a sub editor sumptuously funded(and controlled) by a monolithic Canary Wharf publication.?
Plus the fact that you might actually have to meet me and Scotty - you couldn't handle that.
You'll be telling me next that I have to fall off a cliff to know it hurts.

The smoggie Match Thread. on 08:39 - Apr 2 with 1603 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The smoggie Match Thread. on 06:12 - Apr 2 by vegasranger

Go to watch the game late. No spine to this team, for me the whole back 4 needs replacing. Centre half at right back. right back at left back, a loan from Watford, Hall just pathetic. Smithies was superb and Polter has really come on as a centre forward. Phillips, lazy shite. Henry / Faurlin old and slow. Coverage of the Championship is very bad in the States this season but from the little I've seen of him I really don't have a good feeling about El Khayati. Good team spirit and we robbed of a third goal. A lot of rebuilding work to be done in the summer !!

Hall's had a fine season and is still learning. He misread the long ball and then took up the wrong covering position by going to deep on the line when he should have attacked the near post and just made himself big like a second goalie. Both of those decisions are signs of a lad learning his trade. I wouldn't worry about him.

Haven't seen enough of Angella but I've seen him play well. I'd worry, though, that he and Hall might be too similar in that they're both ballplayers, both markers and both quiet. I think I'd prefer Hall's partner to be a CB that attacks the ball, clears it and organises around him.

Perch is definitely better at left back but the problem with playing a LB with no left peg is that he will invariably check inside into traffic and offer little attacking or counter-attacking threat as a result. It seemed to me - albeit watching on the box - that Boro had us sussed and attacked continually down our left knowing that (a) Philips wouldn't tackle back, and (b) if they lost it that Perch was no threat going forward. We were essentially penned back on that wing for long periods. We need a new left back, one with speed and a left foot - Robinson?

Onouha's not a right back.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The smoggie Match Thread. on 08:53 - Apr 2 with 1572 viewsconnell10

The smoggie Match Thread. on 02:05 - Apr 2 by AndyB

If I did it wasn't intentional.
I never use it. iPad slip of finger.

I'm not even sure on the point of it tbh.

Mind you - it was a sh1t prediction!!
[Post edited 2 Apr 2016 2:06]

No problem mate I just thought it a bit strange and yes it was a really white prediction! Thanks disco😁

The smoggie Match Thread. on 08:57 - Apr 2 with 1565 viewsAntti_Heinola

The smoggie Match Thread. on 06:12 - Apr 2 by vegasranger

Thats the danger of only seeing limited coverage. Before last night we'd conceded 1 in 5, and the defence was showing huge signs of improvement. Ale, like He ry, had excellent games in that period, as did perch, angella and onouha. Time to forget this dangerous and short term tactic of just 'replacing' everyone all the time. Time to work with what we have. It's not a great back 4 and needs work, but it aint that bad either. Transfer addiction needs to be weeded out of our fanbase - and the club.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024