Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton should have stayed 15:18 - May 27 with 7839 viewsWestbourneR

I am pretty certain this is not a popular view but I would have tried to find the money to offer Joey Barton a deal he'd sign to stay.

As an older head, a leader and accomplished player.

For me, him coming back into the team in our promotion year was what got us over the line. Countless games when we were below par he dragged us through to get something - thinking Reading and Bolton away in particular.

And then this season where he has often been our best player on the park.

I rate him and I think he'd have been a good linch-pin for a new look younger side.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Barton should have stayed on 16:09 - May 27 with 2126 viewsquickpassrotter

Barton should have stayed on 15:31 - May 27 by Nov77

I'm delighted to see him gone. his outburst against rodney the other week was the last straw.
openly admitted that he only joined the club for the money, I'll be amazed if he doesn't start slagging us off now he's gone.

Spot on. Just waiting for the bile and criticism from him.
Barton should have stayed on 16:10 - May 27 with 2126 viewsBrazilNutR

I maybe would have tried to keep him, as I have a feeling it may have a bearing on Charlie Austin being willing to stay or go, and would show a certain level of ambition if we did make the effort.. Although saying that, It would need to fit into any new pay scale policy etc..

I feel if Austin see's all the senior pro's leaving..he may not want to stick around, and maybe other potential options on the radar will also be put off by a seeming lack of ambition...
Barton should have stayed on 16:28 - May 27 with 2077 viewsEastR

£3m plus a year saved for a club on it’s knees financially. Only ever bad PR by association, when we need no help in that department. Looking forward to someone who can take a free kick and a corner.
Thanks and goodbye.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Barton should have stayed on 16:31 - May 27 with 2069 viewsJuzzie

I say again, £25k???? Are people havin' a giraffe??? We are skint, have had an income/salary ratio of around 195% and people want to be dishing out £25k on a player who has been bang avearge with a few good games!

Still, it's about opinions I guess!
Barton should have stayed on 16:41 - May 27 with 2042 viewsMerthyrHoop

£25k a week?! 17,000 at 23 home games each paying £20 a pop brings in gate receipts of just over £7.8 million per season, and we're talking about paying £1.3 million a year on a divisive, ageing, and uneffective defensive midfielder?

20 players averaging £10k a week over the course of a year would ultimately cost just under £10.5 million. Surely a club of our size should be making this the target for at least 2 or 3 years back in the football league?

Every player on more money should be chased out of the club by any means necessary. An emphasis should be placed on scouting and coaching, enticing players with something to prove on performance-related bonuses, then eventually selling them on and starting all over again. You never know, we might just start operating like a well-run football club
Barton should have stayed on 16:45 - May 27 with 2029 viewsdaveB

I don't mind Joey, has his faults but is no better or worse than a Bircham or Derry really. Does a good solid job for the team but in no way should be taking home several millions of pounds a year, we can get similar for a lot cheaper and far less ego.
Barton should have stayed on 16:51 - May 27 with 2002 viewsJamie

Warnock should have stayed.
Barton should have stayed on 16:54 - May 27 with 1992 viewsdubaistu

Barton should have stayed on 16:45 - May 27 by daveB

I don't mind Joey, has his faults but is no better or worse than a Bircham or Derry really. Does a good solid job for the team but in no way should be taking home several millions of pounds a year, we can get similar for a lot cheaper and far less ego.

Who are the old heads at Watford, Bournemouth and Norwich (honest question)?

The game has changed and you can see that in the clubs around us with their approach and policies. Ours has spectacularly failed and I would compare us to those clubs that are doing really well including the 3 above and Swansea, Palace, Leicester, WBA et al

I just think with the volume of money in the game now, you have to go young (and bloody good) as the appetite is still there. I know personally I'd work far harder for my first million than I would for my 10th.
Login to get fewer ads

Barton should have stayed on 17:07 - May 27 with 1964 viewskingsburyR

Rodney Marsh ‏@RodneyMarsh10 43m43 minutes ago
Interesting to see some of the names on the QPR dump list....

OUCHIE

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Barton should have stayed on 17:40 - May 27 with 1926 viewsBklynRanger

Joey has the character and temperament to have stayed.

It just wasn't up to him. It's all down to the abstract world of numbers - he has no control over whether one number is bigger than another number - that's just physics.
Barton should have stayed on 17:42 - May 27 with 1920 viewsEalingRanger

He was never anything less than a disgrace to the shirt. Delighted he's left.
Barton should have stayed on 17:47 - May 27 with 1912 viewsFirehoop

He was ok when he played for us, let us down many times only an average player on a big piss take wage. Time to move on. Good bye and good riddance is my view !
Barton should have stayed on 17:51 - May 27 with 1899 viewsTGRRRSSS

On balance it's time to move him on, he will be 33 later this year.
I agree he actually did a lot last year to drag us up, but nevertheless time comes, he simply wouldnt be value for money.
Better than some think, nowhere near as good as he thinks he is would be a fair assesment.
I have some time for him, but on balance, time to go.
Barton should have stayed on 17:55 - May 27 with 1888 viewsElHoop

Bye bye

Barton should have stayed on 17:55 - May 27 with 1887 viewsFloridaR

Good riddance to Joey.
He'll either end up like gazza or a poor manager version of Stuart Pearce.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Barton should have stayed on 17:55 - May 27 with 1800 viewsdaveB

Barton should have stayed on 16:54 - May 27 by dubaistu

Who are the old heads at Watford, Bournemouth and Norwich (honest question)?

The game has changed and you can see that in the clubs around us with their approach and policies. Ours has spectacularly failed and I would compare us to those clubs that are doing really well including the 3 above and Swansea, Palace, Leicester, WBA et al

I just think with the volume of money in the game now, you have to go young (and bloody good) as the appetite is still there. I know personally I'd work far harder for my first million than I would for my 10th.

Off the top of my head Bournemouth had Ian Harte and Kenwyne Jones to add experience. Norwich still have their premier league team so bags of experience and I won't pretend to have a clue about Watford.
Barton should have stayed on 17:56 - May 27 with 1795 viewsR_from_afar

Barton should have stayed on 16:45 - May 27 by daveB

As far as any comparison with Bircham goes, there is a subtle difference in the sending off dynamic: Birch used to get the opposition sent off whereas Joey managed to get himself sent off, usually once a season, in a game we were looking like winning.

Barton has had games where he has kept it simple and battled magnificently, been MOTM even, but those games have been interspersed with ones in which he has hogged, then wasted, a lot set pieces, failed to track back and failed to get shots on target when well placed.

Getting rid of him should also put the final nail in the coffin of the bonus culture away game brain fade which afflicted us at the start of the season. Yeah, great idea 'Arry and Joey, we can afford to chuck 57 points in the bin.

Barton is also too self-obsessed and puts himself before his club. If he had been as good a player as he thinks he is and willing to take a big pay cut, there might have been a role for him, but I think that ultimately, even taking into account that he did a great job in some games this season, he's not a great fit and that we need to move on.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Barton should have stayed on 18:05 - May 27 with 1770 viewsWestbourneR

Barton should have stayed on 16:51 - May 27 by Jamie

Warnock should have stayed.

Mark Hughes should have stayed.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Barton should have stayed on 18:06 - May 27 with 1765 viewscaliforniahoop

Barton should have stayed on 15:22 - May 27 by adhoc_qpr

I'm sure we can train our new centre midfielders to pass the ball straight back to the oppo and tweet rubbish and save ourselves £60k a week...

10/10 post of 2015/16 season closed😂
Barton should have stayed on 18:07 - May 27 with 1765 viewspaulparker

Barton should have stayed on 16:03 - May 27 by essextaxiboy

If we could have kept him on about 25 k .I would have been in favour . The total outlay would prob be similar to paying a fee plus salary for someone untried in the championship . He seems particularly tight with Austin and I thought if he stayed Charlie and possibly Fer and Phillips may stay . .. He is a prat we all know that but even those who dont like him as a man have to admit that he had some stand out games in a poor side . He has done well out of us , coming on a free on big money .I wish him well unless he plays against us , then he gets pelters .

25k a week is still 20k more than he is worth
Sorry Essex I'm glad this tosspot has left, him having a dig at the old mans fav Rodney was the cherry on the cake for me ,
The bloke only wanted to be here when no sod wanted him ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Barton should have stayed on 18:07 - May 27 with 1765 viewsonlyrinmoray

After all the negative posts on here re wasting money jeez ... to keep Barton would just show the club isn't going to change. He had to go

BTW why do Rangers never have a central midfielder who can pass a ball and create chances like Cambiasso Wes Houlihan Don Masson Santi Cazorla

Barton and Henry are workhorses not sure what Fer is. There must be someone out there who can create goals do the two from Swindon do this ?
Barton should have stayed on 18:10 - May 27 with 1757 viewsTGRRRSSS

Think Fer will go. He's probably the type you mentioned, or meant to be. He'd score a few I reckon if he does stay, but I suspect someone will want him.
Barton should have stayed on 18:25 - May 27 with 1709 viewsqueensparker

Barton should have stayed on 16:10 - May 27 by BrazilNutR

I maybe would have tried to keep him, as I have a feeling it may have a bearing on Charlie Austin being willing to stay or go, and would show a certain level of ambition if we did make the effort.. Although saying that, It would need to fit into any new pay scale policy etc..

I feel if Austin see's all the senior pro's leaving..he may not want to stick around, and maybe other potential options on the radar will also be put off by a seeming lack of ambition...

It's a nice thought but I reckon there's as much chance of Charlie staying as there was this time last year with Remy, ie, none. And now Redknapp's f--ked off hopefully the manager realises that as well
Barton should have stayed on 18:47 - May 27 with 1660 viewsPunteR

Barton should have stayed on 18:25 - May 27 by queensparker

It's a nice thought but I reckon there's as much chance of Charlie staying as there was this time last year with Remy, ie, none. And now Redknapp's f--ked off hopefully the manager realises that as well

I wasn't a Barton hater,but he had to go.
We're starting from scratch. He had his chance,and blew it on more than one occasion.
Out with the old....

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Barton should have stayed on 18:54 - May 27 with 1647 viewsdanehoop

Bournemouth brought Kenwyne Jones in as cover for the last 12 weeks of the season just in case one of their forwards got injured. They paid a loan fee and his entire salary of £35K per week. He barely played a game in that time. Not bad for a plucky little Bournemouth scrapping by on a playing budget bigger than 90% of the clubs in the Championship. Just how many other teams in that league could pay that out for a player as back up?

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024