Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR get fair play ruling warning 14:24 - Sep 9 with 12864 viewsbosh67

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/9462258/harvey-issues-fair

Football League Chief Executive Shaun Harvey has warned QPR they will take action if they have broken the Financial Fair Play rules.

Obviously as Shaun Harvey says, if this does happen, Tony will defend it. It does seem amazing though. Man Utd spend £60m on one player and spend £350k a week on another player's 'tax free' wages and we are in the firing line for getting done.

It is easy to have a go at Shaun Harvey, the guy is just doing his job, but his statement at the end that the league have to have integrity seems to be absolutely laughable. The Premiership is simply about the top 4 teams and their welfare, the rest don't have an even playing field. That is why the Championship for me is much better. Teams like us can actually win it.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 09:28 - Sep 10 with 1934 viewsGloryHunter

Doesn't "earnings" include advertising revenue? I thought Man City had pulled a stunt over this by saying their income from ground sponsorship and advertising by the Emirates balanced their outgoings.

So if Tony's money goes down on the books as advertising for Air Asia, we're in the clear.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 09:29 - Sep 10 with 1926 viewsDiscodroids

'EPL'/Rollerball executives.

The game was created to demonstrate the futility of individual effort.

Corporate society takes care of everything. And all it asks of anyone, all it's ever asked of anyone ever, is not to interfere with management decisions.

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, will you stand please for the playing of our Corporate Hymn.

"i loathe this game....."
@Discodroid 'E'
[Post edited 10 Sep 2014 11:31]

"The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn".

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 09:35 - Sep 10 with 1923 viewsdaveB

I think what the club will do is say look we've made these losses but we've taken x million off the wage bill by getting rid of Mbia, Granero, Cesar, Remy etc, we've got a sponsorship deal with Nike and the losses will come down over time. Any fine we get should reflect that otherwise what is the point other than to grab headlines
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 09:43 - Sep 10 with 1911 viewsstevec

Don't understand why the Football League didn't just make the first season after relegation from Premier League exempt?

As been said, player contracts are the overriding issue here but legally I don't think there is much that can be done about that, least its a minefield no one would want to venture.

Failing that, the Premier League could make the Sky payments to 23 clubs, rather than 20. In other words, the 20 in the Prem plus the 3 relegated clubs . After the first year the relegated clubs go back to the usual parachute payments for a further 3 years.
Even if the overall Sky pot remained unaltered, it would mean a reduction in income of about £5 million per Premier club, not a huge sum by any means and probably 13 clubs would back the proposal on the basis that it could be their turn next. I can think of 7 clubs who probably won't though!

Ultimately, we should never forgive Man United for this, they set the greed ball rolling back in the 80's, demanding to keep all home gate receipts. Greed has been the name of the game ever since.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 09:56 - Sep 10 with 1877 viewspaulparker

Seems to me the FA,/Football league have been after us for a while since we made them look silly over the Faulin Affair
if they are threatening us with the line " once we enter the Football league at some stage " we will be fined or demoted spiel, maybe TF needs to get a few clubs together like say
Norwich,Fulham,Wigan,Palace,Leeds Bolton,Blackburn, Leicester, Wolves, Cardiff Sheff wed, West Ham, get scudamore onside
Chuck in reserve or under 21 teams from ,man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool , city, Arsenal
and propose a Prem League 2 , with no relegation, but promotion only with 3 going up from prem 2, and 3 go down as per normal, (the under 21 teams from the big 5 cannot be promoted)
that way all of these clubs share the TV Money , no one gets parachute payments etc,
know one leaves the Prem, hence no fines
then the Football League will have something to think about, it will kill them,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 10:12 - Sep 10 with 1855 viewsdaveB

relegated clubs should get 2 years to get the losses down and if they are still failing they get a points deduction. 1 point for every million they lost over the agreed amount, Far more effective than fines imo.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 10:45 - Sep 10 with 1803 viewsTGRRRSSS

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 09:56 - Sep 10 by paulparker

Seems to me the FA,/Football league have been after us for a while since we made them look silly over the Faulin Affair
if they are threatening us with the line " once we enter the Football league at some stage " we will be fined or demoted spiel, maybe TF needs to get a few clubs together like say
Norwich,Fulham,Wigan,Palace,Leeds Bolton,Blackburn, Leicester, Wolves, Cardiff Sheff wed, West Ham, get scudamore onside
Chuck in reserve or under 21 teams from ,man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool , city, Arsenal
and propose a Prem League 2 , with no relegation, but promotion only with 3 going up from prem 2, and 3 go down as per normal, (the under 21 teams from the big 5 cannot be promoted)
that way all of these clubs share the TV Money , no one gets parachute payments etc,

Wouldnt be surprised if those you mention may even try something of this nature.

In The Times today Harvey is quoted as saying "on average most clubs will spend some time back in the football league"

Something of a curious statement to make I thought.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 11:29 - Sep 10 with 1742 viewsjohnhoop

Surely the whole idea of an FFP system for Football League teams is completely bonkers anyway-it's like turkeys voting for Christmas. The Football League teams have basically agreed to create a system which ensures that there is absolutely no chance whatsoever of them ever competing in the highest echelons of English football because the financial dice are loaded so heavily against them. They will never be able to buy really top players or afford the wages for them and the talent they do produce will be hoovered up by the mega-rich clubs as soon as it appears.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 11:44 - Sep 10 with 1710 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Let's be honest, we are guilty of doing everything we accuse City/Chelsea/United etc of doing and I for one would have been clambering to have them punished if asked for my opinion.

We should pay any fine we are given and comply without fuss.. Teams like Derby / Burnley etc seem to get by without extreme financial doping (which is exactly what we did) so there's no reason we can't either.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 12:01 - Sep 10 with 1675 viewsadhoc_qpr

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 11:44 - Sep 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Let's be honest, we are guilty of doing everything we accuse City/Chelsea/United etc of doing and I for one would have been clambering to have them punished if asked for my opinion.

We should pay any fine we are given and comply without fuss.. Teams like Derby / Burnley etc seem to get by without extreme financial doping (which is exactly what we did) so there's no reason we can't either.

I think the general FFP rules are a slightly different kettle of fish to the Football League FFP though.

We are being held to account by the rules voted for by Football League clubs when we were not even in the Championship.

I think a period of adjustment to get your finances in order is necessary, and we can show improvement in that direction.

Also how does issue a crippling fine help do anything except send clubs to the wall?

The original purpose of the fines was to be distributed among the FFP compliant clubs and thus help level the playing field - once that was shot down by the PL and the fines were redirected to charity they should have reconsidered the whole system.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 12:04 - Sep 10 with 1672 viewsRangersw12

Loads of new grounds in the conference so I wouldn't mind this happening !!

We could be the Glasgow Rangers of English football
[Post edited 10 Sep 2014 12:13]
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 12:55 - Sep 10 with 1611 viewshoops_legend

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 12:04 - Sep 10 by Rangersw12

Loads of new grounds in the conference so I wouldn't mind this happening !!

We could be the Glasgow Rangers of English football
[Post edited 10 Sep 2014 12:13]

Not sure if thats true - Rangers won their games - we (based on every QPR cup game I have ever watched) would struggle week in week out to compete against relegation down there
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 13:21 - Sep 10 with 1568 viewsrrrspricey

I’m no lawyer but I fail to see what anyone has to worry about here as to me FFP is clearly unlawful. How can any regulatory body prohibit the owner of a business from investing their own money in strengthening their workforce?

UEFA have introduced legislation that is a restriction of investments, and under UK / EU law, any organisation involved in anti-competitive behavior will find their agreements to be unenforceable. They also risk being fined as well as exposing themselves to possible damages actions.

The best part though is that individuals could also find themselves facing criminal sanctions for serious breaches of competition law…mind that slippery soap Monsieur Platini
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 13:39 - Sep 10 with 1542 viewsqpr1976

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 13:21 - Sep 10 by rrrspricey

I’m no lawyer but I fail to see what anyone has to worry about here as to me FFP is clearly unlawful. How can any regulatory body prohibit the owner of a business from investing their own money in strengthening their workforce?

UEFA have introduced legislation that is a restriction of investments, and under UK / EU law, any organisation involved in anti-competitive behavior will find their agreements to be unenforceable. They also risk being fined as well as exposing themselves to possible damages actions.

The best part though is that individuals could also find themselves facing criminal sanctions for serious breaches of competition law…mind that slippery soap Monsieur Platini

Good points, and I vaguely recall an article suggesting the lawyer who won the Bosman case is showing an interest in FFP cases, up to 12 clubs are against it.

So FL's thinking is to punish any relegated team who's income has dropped from £90m to about £30m a year (including parachute payments), by fining them another £50m ???
Talk about kick a man when he's down.

Natural progression for this is - 13 of the 20 Premier League Clubs and Chairmen (all the ones who 'could' be relegated - not the 7 Big clubs - will decide they can't afford to be relegated and will propose & mass vote for an end to Relegation from Premier to FL !
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 14:02 - Sep 10 with 1492 viewsdaveB

the end result will be a premier league 2 with big tv money and a regional football league. The FL are committing suicide with these rules imo.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 14:32 - Sep 10 with 1442 viewsTGRRRSSS

We're the headline act currently, but I suspect the FL could literally cut its nose to spite it's face, but end up actually jumping off a cliff completely.

Didnt Leicester spend a fortune over several years under their current owners?
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 14:47 - Sep 10 with 1423 viewsEastR

I don’t which is more laughable:
- That the Football League would effectively put a club out of business by levying an unprecedented level of fine on them and then potentially give that money away to the club’s competitors; (or anyone else)
- That they think they could do it without having their arses tied up in knots in Brussels; or
- People getting all shirty because they actually think it could happen
Get a grip folks

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 15:26 - Sep 10 with 1391 viewsNorthernr

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 09:43 - Sep 10 by stevec

Don't understand why the Football League didn't just make the first season after relegation from Premier League exempt?

As been said, player contracts are the overriding issue here but legally I don't think there is much that can be done about that, least its a minefield no one would want to venture.

Failing that, the Premier League could make the Sky payments to 23 clubs, rather than 20. In other words, the 20 in the Prem plus the 3 relegated clubs . After the first year the relegated clubs go back to the usual parachute payments for a further 3 years.
Even if the overall Sky pot remained unaltered, it would mean a reduction in income of about £5 million per Premier club, not a huge sum by any means and probably 13 clubs would back the proposal on the basis that it could be their turn next. I can think of 7 clubs who probably won't though!

Ultimately, we should never forgive Man United for this, they set the greed ball rolling back in the 80's, demanding to keep all home gate receipts. Greed has been the name of the game ever since.

They're not going to make it exempt because it would defy one of the points of having it, which is to stop repeats of what happened with clubs like QPR, Leeds, Forest, Southampton etc where clubs came down out the Prem, didn't get back, had players on Prem wages and went into admin. What they're trying to do, which is a very good idea, is force clubs to put relegation release clauses and wage reductions in players contracts when they're in the Prem. At the moment few do, because they say the players won't sign for them otherwise, but if this rule is enforced they'll have no choice.

That's unfair to us, so we'll say, because we gave our Prem contracts out before the rule, so "didn't know" we'd have to put the relegation clauses in.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 15:28 - Sep 10 with 1386 viewsNorthernr

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 09:56 - Sep 10 by paulparker

And take football in this country with it.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 15:28 - Sep 10 with 1386 viewsCroydonCaptJack

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 15:26 - Sep 10 by Northernr

They're not going to make it exempt because it would defy one of the points of having it, which is to stop repeats of what happened with clubs like QPR, Leeds, Forest, Southampton etc where clubs came down out the Prem, didn't get back, had players on Prem wages and went into admin. What they're trying to do, which is a very good idea, is force clubs to put relegation release clauses and wage reductions in players contracts when they're in the Prem. At the moment few do, because they say the players won't sign for them otherwise, but if this rule is enforced they'll have no choice.

That's unfair to us, so we'll say, because we gave our Prem contracts out before the rule, so "didn't know" we'd have to put the relegation clauses in.

Exactly. TF actually voted in the FFP and agrees with the principal. It is the timing that is the issue.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 15:50 - Sep 10 with 1349 viewsqpr1976

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 15:28 - Sep 10 by CroydonCaptJack

Exactly. TF actually voted in the FFP and agrees with the principal. It is the timing that is the issue.

Did he ? Were Clubs in the Premier League allowed to vote whilst not in the FL ?

did the FL FFP rules come in before of after the latest TV deal which took each Premier League clubs earning up from £45m a season to £75m or £90m ??? There a sizeable difference which has not been taken into consideration.
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 15:55 - Sep 10 with 1342 viewsQPRDave

The parachute payments were introduced to help relegated teams survive the shock of relegation. They also encourage teams to keep the majority of the squad in order to make a push to bounce straight back. This is the premier league's idea and wish.
So how can the idiotic football league then decide to fine teams for doing this, and not just
a few thousand but forty or fifty mill......incredibly ridiculous.
I'd like to see the prem lge back Rangers on this and if need be pull up the drawbridge now for promotion, there'd be outcry from the league clubs.
Mark Palios was on talksport this morning

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1410325200#...9 00 to 9 30 21 mins in
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 15:58 - Sep 10 with 1336 viewsdaveB

QPR get fair play ruling warning on 15:26 - Sep 10 by Northernr

would make sense to give relegated clubs 2 years and give them a chance to reduce losses over time rather than need to do it one year which is close to impossible without a fire sale.

If clubs till lose money after 2 years then give sporting sanctions like points deduction, transfer embargo or squad reductions. Fining a club for losing money is daft and just means they will fail again the following year as they had to pay a big fine
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 15:59 - Sep 10 with 1326 viewsdaveB

He voted in the Premier League FFP which is very different to the football league one
QPR get fair play ruling warning on 16:30 - Sep 10 with 1269 viewsqprcanadabc

from what I understand, the clubs are members of associations and abide by the rules that they set themselves, as long as they are not criminal ( I didn't say civil) laws. Players are different as they are employees and therefore eu/uk employment laws cover them...I think it means we must stay up for a few years and pay off what ever we are obliged to pay by the rules (not laws) that we agreed to pay....or doctor the books abit
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024