Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adel has arrived! 12:37 - Jul 10 with 23282 views08olesen

For pre season! Lets see if he last longer than he did last year.

This may annoy at lot on here....but anyone else i would say fark off to, but i genuinely have never seen anyone like Adel, who gets me off my seat even in the dullest of games.

The soap opera continues.....Adel to score against the Sum in the 90 min to win 1-0!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Adel has arrived! on 14:25 - Jul 11 with 1750 viewswillis1980

Adel has arrived! on 17:36 - Jul 10 by barbicanranger

I almost had to have a lie down then - adel turned up on time for pre-season...

adel did need a lie down judging by picture 26
Adel has arrived! on 14:32 - Jul 11 with 1718 viewsdaveB

Adel has arrived! on 18:52 - Jul 10 by WestonsuperR

Fantastic talent but read Warnock's book to understand that Adel totally disrespected the club and the fans by his antics. Didn't seem to improve much under Harry, I don't want someone that can't be bothered to train, even someone of Adel's undoubted skill.

Anyway Adel had his chance with us in the Prem, look at his stats for goals and assist's, pretty poor.

How did he disrecect the club? Warnocks book tells of how he delivered and got us promoted and was a bit of a prat off the pitch.

I don't think it's worth having him back and we should sell him this summer but Warnocks book has a lot of bullshit in it, his comments on Andros Townsend were ridiculous for starters and the way he tried to pretend Adel being captain was a master plan rather than the actual captain Fitz Hall getting injured and as we were playing scunthorpe at home he gave it to Adel to motivate him for a game he might have gone missing in. The truth is not as good a story though.

Helping the club win the league then playing in a big part in up staying up both in the championship in 2010 and in the prem in 2012 was in no way disrespecting the club, quite the opposite.
Adel has arrived! on 14:34 - Jul 11 with 1710 viewsNorthernr

Adel has arrived! on 14:32 - Jul 11 by daveB

How did he disrecect the club? Warnocks book tells of how he delivered and got us promoted and was a bit of a prat off the pitch.

I don't think it's worth having him back and we should sell him this summer but Warnocks book has a lot of bullshit in it, his comments on Andros Townsend were ridiculous for starters and the way he tried to pretend Adel being captain was a master plan rather than the actual captain Fitz Hall getting injured and as we were playing scunthorpe at home he gave it to Adel to motivate him for a game he might have gone missing in. The truth is not as good a story though.

Helping the club win the league then playing in a big part in up staying up both in the championship in 2010 and in the prem in 2012 was in no way disrespecting the club, quite the opposite.

I didn't find 19 goals and 23 assists that disrespectful either.

As said higher up, Joey Barton got welcomed back with open arms after openly slagging our club off and treating it like sht for two years.
Adel has arrived! on 14:38 - Jul 11 with 1697 viewsClive_Anderson

Adel has arrived! on 14:34 - Jul 11 by Northernr

As said higher up, Joey Barton got welcomed back with open arms after openly slagging our club off and treating it like sht for two years.

It's because Tarbs is skillful and deep down people don't really like that.

It makes them feel inadequate when thinking of their own playing days, so they like to pretend that having skills means they lack in other areas. He isn't a team player, he is bad in the dressing room, he disrespects the club, he isn't suited to the Premier League. Basically anything that can't be accurately measured or is impossible to refute will be levelled at these sorts of players with very little evidence.

Here's something that can be measured, he scored 19 goals and made 23 assists in one seasno whilst apparently having all the made up flaws listed above. So obviously those flaws mean the square root of fck all.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 14:39]
Adel has arrived! on 14:40 - Jul 11 with 1693 viewsNorthernr

Adel has arrived! on 14:38 - Jul 11 by Clive_Anderson

It's because Tarbs is skillful and deep down people don't really like that.

It makes them feel inadequate when thinking of their own playing days, so they like to pretend that having skills means they lack in other areas. He isn't a team player, he is bad in the dressing room, he disrespects the club, he isn't suited to the Premier League. Basically anything that can't be accurately measured or is impossible to refute will be levelled at these sorts of players with very little evidence.

Here's something that can be measured, he scored 19 goals and made 23 assists in one seasno whilst apparently having all the made up flaws listed above. So obviously those flaws mean the square root of fck all.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 14:39]

And while having lumps kicked out of his shins every week.

His stats for us in the Premier League, in two awful QPR teams, aren't as bad as people make out either.
Adel has arrived! on 14:41 - Jul 11 with 1690 viewsDANRANGER

still a long way to go before the start of the season and buying the right type of players is never easy. The morale of the squad couldn't be higher after Wembley and right now Adel is back and part of the club again. He may believe he is leaving but he must show the right attitude to pre-season as the rest of them and if Harry can't get anyone in as good then why not work with him. I know one things for sure if Adel is playing opening game then he will get a great reception.

Harry's not stupid, he knows Adel's got talent but clearly they don't see eye to eye and it must be down to Adel's commitment. He had Di Canio who no doubt caused him grief but he was probably the most professional player he ever coached so it's up to Adel as Harry would be foolish to dismiss him if he put in the required effort.
Adel has arrived! on 14:42 - Jul 11 with 1676 viewsClive_Anderson

Adel has arrived! on 14:40 - Jul 11 by Northernr

His stats for us in the Premier League, in two awful QPR teams, aren't as bad as people make out either.

He was our best player over those two seasons, setting up chance after chance which our dopey forwards missed.

Apparently if he didn't run round everyone and backheel it into the net three times every week he was "not suited to Premiership football".
Adel has arrived! on 14:44 - Jul 11 with 1678 viewsdaveB

It's an English thing, we put running and tackling ahead of skill every time and always look at what a player can't do rather than what he can. Adel will always get stick for what he can't do and that won't change.

Klose is a brilliant finisher for Germany but English pundits slate him as he does nothing outside the box. We always try and turn a player into something different and they usually end up being far less effective than they were originally.
Login to get fewer ads

Adel has arrived! on 14:44 - Jul 11 with 1674 viewssimmo

Adel has arrived! on 14:34 - Jul 11 by Northernr

The Joey Barton point is an excellent one, everybody sprayed their population paste all over LR when Joey bowled back on to the pitch.

What the fck do I go to QPR for? Football wise? It's not to see Barton spray another 50 yard ball into touch like a 40-20 rugby league kick, it's to see Adel nutmeg Joe Allen and bend one in the top corner.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Adel has arrived! on 14:46 - Jul 11 with 1665 viewsAntti_Heinola

Adel has arrived! on 14:41 - Jul 11 by DANRANGER

still a long way to go before the start of the season and buying the right type of players is never easy. The morale of the squad couldn't be higher after Wembley and right now Adel is back and part of the club again. He may believe he is leaving but he must show the right attitude to pre-season as the rest of them and if Harry can't get anyone in as good then why not work with him. I know one things for sure if Adel is playing opening game then he will get a great reception.

Harry's not stupid, he knows Adel's got talent but clearly they don't see eye to eye and it must be down to Adel's commitment. He had Di Canio who no doubt caused him grief but he was probably the most professional player he ever coached so it's up to Adel as Harry would be foolish to dismiss him if he put in the required effort.

'must be down to Adel's commitment'?
Because Arry could never be lacking in man-management skills could he?
'just get out there and run around a bit'.

Bare bones.

Adel has arrived! on 14:47 - Jul 11 with 1661 viewsClive_Anderson

Adel has arrived! on 14:44 - Jul 11 by daveB

It's an English thing, we put running and tackling ahead of skill every time and always look at what a player can't do rather than what he can. Adel will always get stick for what he can't do and that won't change.

Klose is a brilliant finisher for Germany but English pundits slate him as he does nothing outside the box. We always try and turn a player into something different and they usually end up being far less effective than they were originally.

We've never liked skillful players. Look at Le Tissier, Bowles, Marsh amongst countless others who never got a look in for the national team. Hoddle and Scholes weren't played enough either.

It goes back to the youth teams where the big tall kids who can kick the ball miles get picked in front of smaller better playesr.
Adel has arrived! on 14:58 - Jul 11 with 1628 viewsNorthernr

Adel has arrived! on 14:47 - Jul 11 by Clive_Anderson

We've never liked skillful players. Look at Le Tissier, Bowles, Marsh amongst countless others who never got a look in for the national team. Hoddle and Scholes weren't played enough either.

It goes back to the youth teams where the big tall kids who can kick the ball miles get picked in front of smaller better playesr.

Scholes and England is a fcking embarrassment for our national sport. Any other country in the world would have built their team around him. We wouldn't even pick him in the right position in ours because of a decade long, utterly futile obsession with Stevie G and Fat Frank, neither of whom are fit to lace Scholes' boots. I hate everything about Manchester United, including Scholes, but when you ask the Italians and Spaniards for their best opponent and best player elsewhere they all mention Scholes.

Le Tissier should have had 100 caps as well, fcking wonderful player.
Adel has arrived! on 15:01 - Jul 11 with 1619 viewsJAPRANGERS

If Adel stays, if Remy stays, well even more reasons to look forward to the new season. Only 5 weeks to go and every game on the net for us overseasers!
[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 15:07]
Adel has arrived! on 15:06 - Jul 11 with 1606 viewsDANRANGER

Adel has arrived! on 14:46 - Jul 11 by Antti_Heinola

'must be down to Adel's commitment'?
Because Arry could never be lacking in man-management skills could he?
'just get out there and run around a bit'.

That's another way of looking at it but he did leave the training camp last year which doesn't look good from his point of view. I'm against the loaning of players over 21 so I'd have wanted him to have stuck around and honour his contract, train and work his way back in the team. Let's work with what we have. We are currently lacking creativity from the central area so the side is set up for him to play, just hope HR/AT can make it work.
Adel has arrived! on 15:10 - Jul 11 with 1592 viewsadhoc_qpr

Adel looked pretty good for AC Milan in the Champions League and Serie A last season, i'm pretty sure we could find a use for him.

Also, like Remy, if we sell him we will never be able to replace him with someone of the same quality.
Adel has arrived! on 15:12 - Jul 11 with 1586 viewsMatch82

Adel has arrived! on 14:44 - Jul 11 by daveB

Ironically, that's basically what Lineker made a career out of.
Adel has arrived! on 15:12 - Jul 11 with 1583 viewsAntti_Heinola

Adel has arrived! on 15:06 - Jul 11 by DANRANGER

That's another way of looking at it but he did leave the training camp last year which doesn't look good from his point of view. I'm against the loaning of players over 21 so I'd have wanted him to have stuck around and honour his contract, train and work his way back in the team. Let's work with what we have. We are currently lacking creativity from the central area so the side is set up for him to play, just hope HR/AT can make it work.

Arry doesn't want him and can't find a way to work with him. There's no point in getting too carried away about it - he'll almost certainly be gone by the transfer window.

Bare bones.

Adel has arrived! (n/t) on 15:15 - Jul 11 with 1575 viewsQPunkR

Adel has arrived! on 14:44 - Jul 11 by simmo

The Joey Barton point is an excellent one, everybody sprayed their population paste all over LR when Joey bowled back on to the pitch.

What the fck do I go to QPR for? Football wise? It's not to see Barton spray another 50 yard ball into touch like a 40-20 rugby league kick, it's to see Adel nutmeg Joe Allen and bend one in the top corner.

[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 15:16]

QPR - "shit but local"

Adel has arrived! on 15:18 - Jul 11 with 1565 viewsPinnerPaul

Adel has arrived! on 14:40 - Jul 11 by Northernr

All true Clive but in his most recent Premier League season, at Fulham, he didn't exactly pull up many trees either.

Accept, that once again, that was in a struggling team, but then again if we are floating around anything above 18th then most of us are going to be delighted.

So IF he is going to be an asset in the top division, he has to perform in a team that is not going to win every match by a long way and is very likely to be deemed "struggling".

Also can't believe post above (Not you) that says there is little evidence for him being disruptive - patent nonsense, Sean Derry on record several times with many examples of just what an idiot he could be at times.
Adel has arrived! on 15:19 - Jul 11 with 1563 viewscjc

Adel has arrived! on 14:44 - Jul 11 by simmo

Totally agree ``population paste´´ everywhere at the time over Barton.

The game is littered with this type of going on, deal with it and accept it.

I want to see a QPR with a bit of flair and fight rather than just fight. Surely that is who we are..
If the current team spirit cannot incorporate a maverick then we have something wrong with the set up.
How did and do teams cope with Maradona, Suarez, Stoichkov,, Best, Ronaldinho, Romario, Hugo Sanchez , Ibrahimovic, Gazza, Milla even our own Bowles & Marsh had enough issues to unite and divide a dressing room at times, the lot as mad and irresponsible as a bunch of frogs on acid?
Not sure that Adel is with this group, certainly not yet but with his confidence back and the right handling he is as near as we will get, to being our very own world talent.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 15:32]

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Adel has arrived! on 15:30 - Jul 11 with 1540 viewswombat

Adel has arrived! on 15:19 - Jul 11 by cjc

Totally agree ``population paste´´ everywhere at the time over Barton.

The game is littered with this type of going on, deal with it and accept it.

I want to see a QPR with a bit of flair and fight rather than just fight. Surely that is who we are..
If the current team spirit cannot incorporate a maverick then we have something wrong with the set up.
How did and do teams cope with Maradona, Suarez, Stoichkov,, Best, Ronaldinho, Romario, Hugo Sanchez , Ibrahimovic, Gazza, Milla even our own Bowles & Marsh had enough issues to unite and divide a dressing room at times, the lot as mad and irresponsible as a bunch of frogs on acid?
Not sure that Adel is with this group, certainly not yet but with his confidence back and the right handling he is as near as we will get, to being our very own world talent.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 15:32]

adel was in a toxic team with players like boswanker around him . harry didn't rate him and never will yet he was close to the top of the tables for shots on goal. how many times did he hit the woodwork that season ? stick him in a decent fighting team and hed flourish , barton did last season after many on hear didn't want him within a mile of the club , its up to harry maybe show adel he s wanted and then see what happens.

a midfield with him in it is better than one with wanna be gangster Morrison in it that's for sure.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Adel has arrived! on 15:34 - Jul 11 with 1535 viewsPinnerPaul

Aren't we heading towards the classic if you want it to stop hurting when you bang your head against a wall then stop doing it advice!

I've seen in the last few weeks cases made for the return of Caesar, Adel, Granero and Remy.

That's a pretty fair chunk of the disaster that was the 2012/13 season - add in Hill, Barton, Zamora,Faurlin ,Ned and Diakite & you could come quite close to fielding same 11 as some in those 2 seasons of struggle in the Prem.

Clearly some of the above more responsible than others for those seasons and who really knows who was and was not disruptive but can't see Harry wanting that many of the "old guard" in his 25.
Adel has arrived! on 15:38 - Jul 11 with 1529 viewsNorthernr

Adel has arrived! on 15:18 - Jul 11 by PinnerPaul

All true Clive but in his most recent Premier League season, at Fulham, he didn't exactly pull up many trees either.

Accept, that once again, that was in a struggling team, but then again if we are floating around anything above 18th then most of us are going to be delighted.

So IF he is going to be an asset in the top division, he has to perform in a team that is not going to win every match by a long way and is very likely to be deemed "struggling".

Also can't believe post above (Not you) that says there is little evidence for him being disruptive - patent nonsense, Sean Derry on record several times with many examples of just what an idiot he could be at times.

See I think he was an aseet to us in both seasons. These are his numbers and for goals and assists only Helguson in the first season and Remy in the second are better than him.

2012/13
26 starts and seven sub appearances. W3 D12 L18
Out of Ten: 5,8,7,6,7,7,7,7,6,6,7,6,9,5,5,4,9,6,7,-,7,8,6,5,5,7,6,5,6,5,5,6 = 6.29
Interactive Match Rating — 6.40
Five goals (Fulham A, Fulham H, Fulham H, West Brom A, West Ham H), five assists (Swansea A, West Ham A, Chelsea A, Wigan A, Southampton H)
Man of the Match Awards — Five (Chelsea A, Fulham H, Stoke A, West Brom A, West Ham H)
Cards — Five yellows (foul, over celebrating, foul, dissent, over celebrating)

2011/12
Key Facts — 25 starts, three sub appearances, two goals, four assists, six Man of the Match awards
Fan Rating — 6.91 (highest of regular starters)
LFW Rating — 6.39
Rating breakdown — 6 6 4 7 8 6 7 4 5 7 4 6 7 7 7 7 8 6 7 7 6 6 9 6 6 6 7 7
Discipline — Four yellows (kicking ball away, over celebrating, foul, kicking ball away), and one red (two yellows)
Adel has arrived! on 15:44 - Jul 11 with 1518 viewscjc

Adel has arrived! on 15:30 - Jul 11 by wombat

adel was in a toxic team with players like boswanker around him . harry didn't rate him and never will yet he was close to the top of the tables for shots on goal. how many times did he hit the woodwork that season ? stick him in a decent fighting team and hed flourish , barton did last season after many on hear didn't want him within a mile of the club , its up to harry maybe show adel he s wanted and then see what happens.

a midfield with him in it is better than one with wanna be gangster Morrison in it that's for sure.

Harry cannot cope with him, strange isn´t it. How did Warnock?

Genius does not come wrapped up with a pretty bow and a how to use manual!

Did anyone see Adel´s first goal for Milan...

Harry prefers grafters generally but he has a history of managing players that can be disruptive and problematic like Merson and Di Canio, but only if they want to play for the team. He is not daft!. If Adel wants to really be part of his set up and is prepared to tow the line then Harry should try and keep him. I just don´t think the personalities match. Nothing in common other than football.

I just don´t think it is Adel´s fault but his compatibility with the English football culture more than anything.

[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 16:07]

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Adel has arrived! on 16:01 - Jul 11 with 1483 viewssimmo

Adel has arrived! on 15:34 - Jul 11 by PinnerPaul

Aren't we heading towards the classic if you want it to stop hurting when you bang your head against a wall then stop doing it advice!

I've seen in the last few weeks cases made for the return of Caesar, Adel, Granero and Remy.

That's a pretty fair chunk of the disaster that was the 2012/13 season - add in Hill, Barton, Zamora,Faurlin ,Ned and Diakite & you could come quite close to fielding same 11 as some in those 2 seasons of struggle in the Prem.

Clearly some of the above more responsible than others for those seasons and who really knows who was and was not disruptive but can't see Harry wanting that many of the "old guard" in his 25.

Whilst I do agree with this, I think the problem was not the players, who on paper were pretty good, but the application and attitude of them as individuals and as a group. That being said, I would rather start again with a clean slate, rather then follow the same road.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024