Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? 13:43 - Apr 6 with 3557 viewsJigsore

Got an average score of 2 in the ratings section. Ouch.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 13:49 - Apr 6 with 3074 viewsWatford_Ranger

In his defence he had no service. However the few things he did do he did incredibly badly.
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 14:00 - Apr 6 with 3039 viewsBasingstokeR

He almost gave away a penalty too.

I think Bobby Zamora would've played not much better had he started in the same position, especially as Morrison probably played his quietest game for us in attacking mid / off the striker.
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 14:09 - Apr 6 with 3012 viewsted_hendrix

He was dreadful plain and simple, an amateur football at best and that's paying him a compliment.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 14:19 - Apr 6 with 2979 viewsactonman

Don't really know as he rarely has the ball to influence the game (May have just answered the question there )
That said, he is a striker and if he gets no service then he won't score

I'm more concerned with no end product mk2 Dave hoilett , who has no ability whatsoever to beat his man and get a cross in !
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 14:22 - Apr 6 with 2971 viewsNeil_SI

The strikers had very little service throughout, but the little scraps Maiga had, he didn't really do well enough. I'd like to see him play on the shoulder of the defence a bit more to try and stretch the opposition defences, but he came into the hole a bit and his touch wasn't what it needed to be when he tried to get a hold of the ball in there.

Having said that, Charlie Austin and Bobby Zamora barely touched the ball in the whole time they were on the pitch, and that tells you something about the lack of quality service to the front players throughout. We're struggling to get them involved in the game and they've too often become passengers and onlookers in many matches.
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 14:25 - Apr 6 with 2960 viewsCHUBBS

Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 14:19 - Apr 6 by actonman

Don't really know as he rarely has the ball to influence the game (May have just answered the question there )
That said, he is a striker and if he gets no service then he won't score

I'm more concerned with no end product mk2 Dave hoilett , who has no ability whatsoever to beat his man and get a cross in !

He doesn't really put himself in dangerous positions to have an affect on the game.
He missed an open goal against Charlton and an absolute sitter against Blackpool last week when it looked easier to score.
His control is abysmal,he looks terrified and spends long periods of the game hiding.
Toilet on the other hand has the ability to be a good player but lacks the desire and work ethic to get there.
He probably thinks he's already made it picking up 50 grand a week besides never actually having achieved anything in the game.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2014 14:33]
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 14:45 - Apr 6 with 2914 viewsted_hendrix

We had this guy on a weeks trial prior to the January window shutting, we sent him back to WHU. .
Hours before the January window shut we were feverishly trying to sign him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look, I don't think the bloke won a single header yesterday, when he did receive the ball he looked bloody lost, his first touch is dire, he looked utterly lost yesterday and was no value at all on the pitch.
This bloke is bloody useless, and no use to us at all, yes he was that bad yesterday.

Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 15:20 - Apr 6 with 2838 viewsted_hendrix

Apologies for labouring the point but having just watched Hitchcock's hat trick for Rotherham I'd safely say that Hitchcock has all of the attributes that Maiga doesn't.
If you were a professional football scout scouting the lower leagues you'd be taking a closer look at Hitchcock, he's playing in a league one lower than ours, why he isn't at least on our bench I don't know.
I hope we have him signed up on a good contract, jesus wept he knows where the onion bag is.

Login to get fewer ads

Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 15:22 - Apr 6 with 2831 viewsRangersAreBack

Yes.
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 19:14 - Apr 6 with 2697 viewsdenhamhoop2

Yes he looked like a fan who had won the chance to play for the team his first touch was so poor that his second touch never happened.Looked like a fan had won a competition to play for the team
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 19:19 - Apr 6 with 2686 viewsWatford_Ranger

Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 19:14 - Apr 6 by denhamhoop2

Yes he looked like a fan who had won the chance to play for the team his first touch was so poor that his second touch never happened.Looked like a fan had won a competition to play for the team

You can say that again.
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 00:54 - Apr 7 with 2496 viewsNorthernr

I didn't attend the game yesterday. I say with some confidence that, almost certainly, yes. He's total fcking garbage. A complete fcking thundercnt of a footballer. Do we need to get the finger puppets out here to explain this - the bloke is totally and utterly useless.

Cue two Maiga goals at Blackburn on Tuesday.
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 00:59 - Apr 7 with 2492 viewsItalianR

no, I gave him a 6. did hold and distribute the ball fairly well, not effective as a threat but not that bad either.
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 05:36 - Apr 7 with 2450 viewsMelakaRanger

What the...........?

I gave him 1 and that only because the system does not allow a zero!

1 was over generous
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 06:32 - Apr 7 with 2427 viewsRs_Holy

Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 00:59 - Apr 7 by ItalianR

no, I gave him a 6. did hold and distribute the ball fairly well, not effective as a threat but not that bad either.

Seriously you gave him 6... I find that astonishing... He was useless...
I hope we never see him in a Rangers shirt ever again.
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 10:25 - Apr 7 with 2284 viewsdaveB

Maiga was crap, think the ratings for BAE and Jenas are harsh though, I thought BAE had a decent game.
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 13:47 - Apr 7 with 2181 viewsJigsore

Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 10:25 - Apr 7 by daveB

Maiga was crap, think the ratings for BAE and Jenas are harsh though, I thought BAE had a decent game.

he was good for the first half of the season, most people seem to forget this. The average ratings have got him at well over 6.

however if you say anything positive about him you'll be crucified so I better shut up.

still playing crap at the moment though. No idea why he is been played over Yun.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 22:35 - Apr 7 with 2046 viewsLazyFan

Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 13:47 - Apr 7 by Jigsore

he was good for the first half of the season, most people seem to forget this. The average ratings have got him at well over 6.

however if you say anything positive about him you'll be crucified so I better shut up.

still playing crap at the moment though. No idea why he is been played over Yun.

He won a few headers and then did nothing. I noticed that he has a killer shot on him. But he never gets it away. I suspect that shooting ablity is what has got him the attention and goals in the past.

But hes rubbish and thats basiclly it.

zzzzzzzzzz

Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 22:52 - Apr 7 with 2017 viewsRangersAreBack

Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 00:59 - Apr 7 by ItalianR

Generous to say the least. The boy is pony.
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 00:53 - Apr 8 with 1971 viewsItalianR

Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 22:52 - Apr 7 by RangersAreBack

Generous to say the least. The boy is pony.

just to be clear, I really despise the guy, but I think he offered some better link between green's kicks and our midfileders than zamora or keane would have. then of course he's dreadful in the last 20 yards. but he was no worse than hoilett yesterday, to name one.
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 09:55 - Apr 8 with 1872 viewsQPR442

Question Is: Is Maiga that bad?
Answer:
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 10:06 - Apr 8 with 1853 viewsTacticalR

Phil Parry's observation on Maïga during the (cough) very unbiased BBC Radio London commentary on the Brighton away match: 'He really is rubbish, isn't he?'.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2014 10:40]

Air hostess clique

Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 10:10 - Apr 8 with 1842 viewsbabygravy

Ball control is shaite and shirks a tackle. Shocking player really.
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 11:16 - Apr 8 with 1802 viewsRs_Holy

Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 10:10 - Apr 8 by babygravy

Ball control is shaite and shirks a tackle. Shocking player really.

Ball control is shaite and shirks a tackle... the one time he did track back (on Saturday) he almost gave away a pen (seen them given for less), does not seem to be aware what is around him, spends most of his time in a no mans land area between the goal mouth and centre circle, lacks pace, has a 1 in 9 goal ratio whilst he has been playing in England...
[Post edited 8 Apr 2014 11:18]
Was Maiga really that bad yesterday? on 11:33 - Apr 8 with 1786 viewstoboboly

Yeah he is terrible, think we should take turns playing instead of him.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024