Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some help please gentlemen 12:24 - Sep 11 with 8205 viewsreal_loftus

OK, so I've bitten the bullet and I'm taking my 7yr old to his first game at HQ for the Middlesborough game. We've got seats in the Lower Loft in the family area.

So in previous years, my routine has usually consisted of an early meet in The Bush, followed by enough Kronenbourg to kill a small mammal and a bleary journey home at some point in the evening. So clearly my match-day experience is about to change considerably.

For those with younger kids, whats the best pre-match drill to keep them entertained and interested? What time do the players arrive, and where's the best place to get photos/autographs etc? What are the best kid-friendly boozers for a cheeky beer? Any other successful hints and tips to make this an enjoyable experience for me and for him?

Ta

ATAF.

Some help please gentlemen on 22:43 - Sep 11 with 1441 viewsqprwpg

Some help please gentlemen on 22:33 - Sep 11 by Pablo_Hoopsta

We're all friends here!

That said, I think it's a parents right....nay...obligation, to take their offspring to the football and by hook or by crook they will learn to love the Hoops!

Just not near me, please, can't stand kids personally, my good lady and I are quite happy with our cats for now, dogs to follow....

Well, I'm trying to get the Rs brainwashing in early with my daughter - starting with 'Stan' the QPR bear we got as a gift - one of her faves.

She's into kicking a football and sometimes it feels like I got a boy, so I'd like to think I'm doing something right.

As for the OP, sorry, can't give you any advice.

Twitter: @qprwpg

Some help please gentlemen on 22:47 - Sep 11 with 1435 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Some help please gentlemen on 22:43 - Sep 11 by qprwpg

Well, I'm trying to get the Rs brainwashing in early with my daughter - starting with 'Stan' the QPR bear we got as a gift - one of her faves.

She's into kicking a football and sometimes it feels like I got a boy, so I'd like to think I'm doing something right.

As for the OP, sorry, can't give you any advice.

So long as you don't make her first game a Brstol City one we'll be cool, just tell uncle Nick NO!
Some help please gentlemen on 05:25 - Sep 12 with 1392 viewsstowmarketrange

When I first brought my daughter to QPR,she had her ds and books with her to keep her busy .Now aged 11,she really takes an interest in what is happening on the pitch.
It's better to keep them coming to games with treats than have them give up because they get bored.They will grow to take more interest in the game eventually.
It was different when most of us first went to football.You had terraces to run around and play on.You can't expect younger children to sit still and watch footy for 90 mins now without being bored and restless.
Some help please gentlemen on 08:16 - Sep 12 with 1374 viewsHarrowRoadR

The front of TV Centre is all boarded up and I think the Prank Patrol has gone to that place!

Salford that is, not the knackers yard.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2013 8:18]
Some help please gentlemen on 09:20 - Sep 12 with 1352 viewsbmouth_rs

I have been taking my son since he was three (now eight). May I suggest a couple in the Queen Adelaide on the Uxbridge Road, it's home supporters only, the bouncers and staff are very friendly (seriously), the Heineken is excellent, and the KFC is opposite. As long as you are discreet the kids can eat their KFC in the protected outside part at the front of the pub while you sink a couple.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024