Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Schteve Mclaren? WTF! 12:05 - Jul 2 with 17524 viewsreal_loftus

Joining 'Arry's coaching team according to "reputable" Daily Mail journo on Twitter

ATAF.

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 13:05 - Jul 2 with 3178 viewsdaveB

terrible manager but a really good coach and I think that's a good move to bring him in
Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 13:31 - Jul 2 with 3096 viewsblacky200

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 13:05 - Jul 2 by daveB

terrible manager but a really good coach and I think that's a good move to bring him in

He'll be talking "proper West London" by next week.
Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 13:32 - Jul 2 with 3090 viewsAntti_Heinola

It's a frankly bizarre move. If Harry needs Schteve, then Harry shouldn't be in the job. Either that, or that profoundly reliable character Kevin Bond needs to be moved on. Really, really odd. What is going on here?

Bare bones.

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 13:38 - Jul 2 with 3047 viewsbaz_qpr

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 13:32 - Jul 2 by Antti_Heinola

It's a frankly bizarre move. If Harry needs Schteve, then Harry shouldn't be in the job. Either that, or that profoundly reliable character Kevin Bond needs to be moved on. Really, really odd. What is going on here?

HR is not a hands on manager he's an old style of manager, that pics teams but lets the coaches do the coaching. Kevin Bond is his assistant manager and I think is more about the kind of general management stuff in the same way that Warnocks AM was. Joe Jordan is the main 1st team coach so it will be interesting to see whether Mclaren is coming in to replace or work alongside. I would suggest it might be to work alongside as Joe Jordan is 61/62 now.
Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 13:39 - Jul 2 with 3042 viewsdaveB

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 13:32 - Jul 2 by Antti_Heinola

why is it bizarre? He's a good coach, out of work and can help out for a few months. Redknapp did the same at spurs bringing in the likes of Ferdinand and Sherwood to help out. Mclaren has plenty of experience at home and abroad so on a 3 month deal whilst he looks for a new job he might be able to help us. If he was coming in as manager i'd understand the anger
Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:05 - Jul 2 with 2970 viewsN12Hoop

So we have a management team consisting of one bloke who some say should have been England manager and one bloke who everyone says shouldn't have been England manager.
Only at QPR!

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:05 - Jul 2 with 2966 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 13:39 - Jul 2 by daveB

why is it bizarre? He's a good coach, out of work and can help out for a few months. Redknapp did the same at spurs bringing in the likes of Ferdinand and Sherwood to help out. Mclaren has plenty of experience at home and abroad so on a 3 month deal whilst he looks for a new job he might be able to help us. If he was coming in as manager i'd understand the anger

Very happy with this. He has an excellent reputation as a coach.

This would appear to reflect well, not badly, on Redknapp that he's willing to park his ego in this instance for the greater good.

I am slightly surprised that McLaren is willing to have another coaching gig on his CV, but it's not unprecedented. Gerry went to Stoke.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:06 - Jul 2 with 2962 viewsMedwayR

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 13:02 - Jul 2 by WeaverQPR

Did Cotterill get released at end of season?

He's not on the club directory so I guess we have to assume so, McLaren is a big step up from Cotterill

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:09 - Jul 2 with 2950 viewstimcocking

No problem with him as a coach; we desperately need one, don't we?

Just don't let him start coaching the left wing position.
Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:12 - Jul 2 with 2942 viewsimustbemad

Official Tweet confirming
Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:16 - Jul 2 with 2919 viewsfakekerby

I'd be gutted if he was appointed as manager here, but as a coach he's supposedly top class so i'm very pleased with this, it seems a great move for the club and as previous said, it shows Harry is willing to do whatever it takes, even if it means putting his own ego to one side.
Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:16 - Jul 2 with 2919 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:17 - Jul 2 with 2911 viewsNov77

R’s boss Redknapp told www.qpr.co.uk: “I am delighted to have been able to bring Steve in.

“Everyone in the game knows what a top coach he is and he’ll add something different to the group, regardless of how long he is with us for.

“This is a very important season for us and I wanted to look at freshening up the whole place, not just the playing side.

“I want new ideas, different opinions and another experienced head to speak to. That’s what Steve brings. Along with Kevin (Bond) and Joe (Jordan) I’ve got a brilliant backroom team and their input is going to be so important for me this season. Steve adds to the excellent staff I already have here.”

McClaren said: “I'm delighted to take up this position offered to me by Harry and QPR.

“Whilst it still remains my ambition to manage again this gives me an ideal opportunity to stay involved and work on the field with one of the top managers in this country and a very ambitious club.

“Rest assured, I'll be doing all I can for Harry, the club and the fans to help QPR return to the Premier League.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/020713-mcclaren-joins-backroom-team-890476.asp

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:21 - Jul 2 with 2891 viewsJonDoeman

Doesn't mention Cotterill, maybe he's offski.

It Is What It Is !!

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:23 - Jul 2 with 2878 viewsimustbemad

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:21 - Jul 2 by JonDoeman

Doesn't mention Cotterill, maybe he's offski.

Suspect he is gone. Hardly justify so many coaches at this level especially with what we are apparently paying them
Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:37 - Jul 2 with 2683 viewsKevinPR

Offish

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/020713-mcclaren-joins-backroom-team-890476.asp

edit: spack, doh!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:42 - Jul 2 with 2665 viewsnhd23

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 13:04 - Jul 2 by traininvain

We purchased Samba for £12.5m and appear to be selling him for £12m according to reports so we have lost £500k and that's without even considering his wages. Looks to me like a very suspect arrangement, especially with Redknapp involved.

Happy with McClaren. Hopefully the start of coaching players rather than replacing them at the first opportunity.

McClaren's no doubt sat at home in a camel hair overcoat,Trilby hat whilst watching Minder box sets working on his best Arthur Daley accent.

Knowing how much the press love to have a pop at us at every opportunity we don't half give them some ammunition,he's seen (rightly) as a laughing stock since that laughable Dutch accent interview & his negative time in charge at Forest & will be seen as that by not just the press but also by a lot of fans and players,BUT as it's only a short term contract & he has his heart set on the England U'21 job in the long term it may not be that much of a bad thing,my only fear is Redknapp walking away and McClaren replacing him,then we really would have a problem.
Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:44 - Jul 2 with 2656 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:05 - Jul 2 by N12Hoop

So we have a management team consisting of one bloke who some say should have been England manager and one bloke who everyone says shouldn't have been England manager.
Only at QPR!

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:55 - Jul 2 with 2623 viewsthemodfather

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:44 - Jul 2 by Metallica_Hoop

harry has his staff, how do we save money bringing in mclaren?
a really unpopular man in england....
Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:59 - Jul 2 with 2609 viewsNorthLondonR

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 14:42 - Jul 2 by nhd23

McClaren's no doubt sat at home in a camel hair overcoat,Trilby hat whilst watching Minder box sets working on his best Arthur Daley accent.

Knowing how much the press love to have a pop at us at every opportunity we don't half give them some ammunition,he's seen (rightly) as a laughing stock since that laughable Dutch accent interview & his negative time in charge at Forest & will be seen as that by not just the press but also by a lot of fans and players,BUT as it's only a short term contract & he has his heart set on the England U'21 job in the long term it may not be that much of a bad thing,my only fear is Redknapp walking away and McClaren replacing him,then we really would have a problem.

I was thinking more 'Arold Steptoe
Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 15:03 - Jul 2 with 2588 viewsBklynRanger

Considering how down in the dumps HR has seemed getting in this kind of coaching support is definitely worth a try.

I wonder how much of it is prompted by transfer activity, or an impending lack of it?

Has Redknapp realised he'll be stuck with the majority of a squad that he's openly ridiculed and decided he needs as much help as he can get?

If so fair enough.
Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 15:04 - Jul 2 with 2584 viewsTheBlob

Christ Almighty,are you lot trying to corner the market in negativity?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 15:16 - Jul 2 with 2545 viewsEalingRanger

I think this is a good move. McLaren might not be the best manager ever but by all accounts he is a very, very good coach.
Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 15:17 - Jul 2 with 2542 viewsBklynRanger

I'm not being negative - look -

Watching that video of pre-season yesterday there are some players there who;
A) Will be hard to shift
and
B) Could contribute in the Championship if they could be bothered to apply themselves and give a fcuk.

So McLaren could potentially make a big difference.
Schteve Mclaren? WTF! on 15:21 - Jul 2 with 2535 viewstimcocking

"Has Redknapp realised he'll be stuck with the majority of a squad that he's openly ridiculed and decided he needs as much help as he can get? "

Brooklyn you've hit the nail on the head i reckon.

Wasn't it something along the lines of "let me tell you now this squad of players is nowhere near good enough to win the Championship, they'll get relegated again"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024