Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? 22:36 - Feb 18 with 17663 viewsOakwoodR

Okay chaps...
While the wife is finishing her degree out in the USA I have moved back in with my dad so I can save money for a bigger house when we settle over there in a couple of years time.
The last couple of months I have noticed money going missing from my wallet. At first I thought it was me spending more than I thought and then I thought someone at work was going into my backpack in the office?
Then last week it all clicked into place - my disgustingly chavvy 45 year old sister who has never had a job in her life and has lived off the state was doing it.
She is round every day freeloading off my dad - eating all her meals here etc.
I worked out than whenever I got up after a night shift she would dash upstairs as soon as I was in the kitchen and when I went back up to my room my wallet, which I always leave on top of the chest of drawers was missing money.

So tonight I set a trap and after showering I set my phone up with a view of my wallet on the chest and went downstairs to make tea and left the phone recording.
Sure enough, bang to rights - I have a lovely video of her rifling through my wallet and stealing the loose change next to it.

Now what do I do?
I really don't want to upset my dad who is now in his mid 80s?
Do I confront her in front of him and then show him the video when she denies it?
Do I confront her alone and tell her I will be showing him the video if she doesn't stop and returns the estimated £200 that's been stolen?
Do i upload the video to YouTube - which is my wifes favourite?

Or something else????
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 16:00 - Feb 27 with 2181 viewsHollowayRanger

just dont eat anything she cooks most likely have rat poison in it!

and watch your back im sure she'll look for revenge they usually do!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 18:16 - Feb 27 with 2070 viewsFulhamjim

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 15:42 - Feb 27 by Metallica_Hoop

You did the right thing mate, she's had her warning. If it happens again...F'k her.

More crime won't help!

Nothing like a bit of Am6iti0n

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 18:25 - Feb 27 with 2054 viewsJeff

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 15:42 - Feb 27 by Metallica_Hoop

You did the right thing mate, she's had her warning. If it happens again...F'k her.

for the avoidance of doubt, metaphorically, as opposed to literally

Can we not knock it?

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 18:26 - Feb 27 with 2051 viewsTheBlob

Justice is served.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 19:13 - Feb 27 with 2007 viewscjc

This could get very Sleuth like...wait for revenge...

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 21:04 - Feb 27 with 1933 viewsCanadaRanger

Very, very well done.
Proud of your Dad too.

P.S. Is there a deadline on return of the money?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 21:14 - Feb 27 with 1920 viewswestolian

If you didn't use the banjo, can I have it ?

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 21:23 - Feb 27 with 1909 viewsTearsOfaClown

post of the season - and thanks for sharing such a problem as it gives everyone a lot to think about.

How is the dog taking it?
Login to get fewer ads

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 21:27 - Feb 27 with 1903 viewsCanadaRanger

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 21:23 - Feb 27 by TearsOfaClown

post of the season - and thanks for sharing such a problem as it gives everyone a lot to think about.

How is the dog taking it?

Rrrrruffff!

(coat)
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 21:35 - Feb 27 with 1890 viewswestolian

If you didn't use the banjo, can I have it ?

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 23:18 - Feb 27 with 1828 viewsOakwoodR

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 21:04 - Feb 27 by CanadaRanger

Very, very well done.
Proud of your Dad too.

P.S. Is there a deadline on return of the money?

She handed over the £20 she robbed today but there is more chance of Finney & Scott Jones eloping to San Francisco together and living as life partners in a hippy commune than me ever seeing any of the other cash she has taken.

No remorse and no apology at all.
If this is still the case by tomorrow evening I will put one of the videos up here and hope it goes viral.
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 03:42 - Feb 28 with 1790 viewsCanadaRanger

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 23:18 - Feb 27 by OakwoodR

She handed over the £20 she robbed today but there is more chance of Finney & Scott Jones eloping to San Francisco together and living as life partners in a hippy commune than me ever seeing any of the other cash she has taken.

If this is still the case by tomorrow evening I will put one of the videos up here and hope it goes viral.

It takes someone pretty hardened to steal from one's own family.
No remorse or apology confirms that.

Is there any indication that she is an addict? e.g., Coke, meth or H?
They reckon that 80% of petty theft in Vancouver is related to the drug trade.
And addicts will do anything to get their stuff.
No matter who they hurt.

If she won't pay you back and you don't want to report her to the authorities, you can always put her car up on blocks and borrow the tyres as a security deposit until you get your money back...
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 09:42 - Feb 28 with 1702 viewsDylanP

I think you handled a very ugly situation very well.

She is still your sister and the threat of the police was the right balance. You want her to know you are serious, but you don't want to destroy your already damaged relationship, because she is still your sister and you will be for the rest of your life. You are inevitably going to have to interact with her -- especially as long as your Dad is alive.

Obviously, I don't know her, but hopefully this is a phase and later in life she will have the good grace to look back with regret and embarrassment. Maybe she cant apologize right now, but will be able to do so later in life. Who knows. Weirder things have happened, right?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 09:47 - Feb 28 with 1693 viewsHayesender

Well I hope you don't mind me saying, but she sounds like a right horrible cnt!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 10:32 - Feb 28 with 1656 viewsngbqpr

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 03:42 - Feb 28 by CanadaRanger

It takes someone pretty hardened to steal from one's own family.
No remorse or apology confirms that.

Is there any indication that she is an addict? e.g., Coke, meth or H?
They reckon that 80% of petty theft in Vancouver is related to the drug trade.
And addicts will do anything to get their stuff.
No matter who they hurt.

If she won't pay you back and you don't want to report her to the authorities, you can always put her car up on blocks and borrow the tyres as a security deposit until you get your money back...

The sister playing Pete Doherty to Oakwood's Carl Bharat then....(just to introduce a tenuous Rs link)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 10:39 - Feb 28 with 1644 viewshoof_hearted

Don't put the video up here or anywhere public.

It's your Dad's daughter and it brings shame on him. He had to know (as I said earlier) but he doesn't need to have the rest of the world knowing.
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 10:43 - Feb 28 with 1634 viewsHollowayRanger

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 10:39 - Feb 28 by hoof_hearted

It's your Dad's daughter and it brings shame on him. He had to know (as I said earlier) but he doesn't need to have the rest of the world knowing.

could serve as a warning to others?

main thing is to make sure you dont name her

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 11:17 - Feb 28 with 1611 viewshoof_hearted

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 10:43 - Feb 28 by HollowayRanger

could serve as a warning to others?

main thing is to make sure you dont name her

No. Cosuins, Dad's friends, neighbours. The'd all see it. I suppose if Dad is willing to name and shame then that's his call but I wouldn't want to do it without his blessing.
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 20:36 - Feb 28 with 1522 viewsTearsOfaClown

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 10:39 - Feb 28 by hoof_hearted

I agree - while it was good to share - we should leave it here.

Despite everything - we should give a person the way back without total alienation.

Unless they are a MH signing.
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 21:09 - Feb 28 with 1495 viewsCanadaRanger

Without any real consequences she won't have any real reason to change.

And if it's drugs talking, she'll end up getting nicked for stealing somewhere else.

So would it not be better to deal with her problem now, before someone else deals with it later.

Over here, a $10,000 (6,500 pounds) debt to the wrong people (organized crime) resulted in a bullet to the back of the head.
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 21:43 - Feb 28 with 1458 viewsmygeneration

Well there's a coincidence. Just seen Finney and scott Jones walking down compton street in leathers singing 'If you are going to San Francisco make sure to wear some flowers in your hair'
To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 00:00 - Mar 1 with 1392 viewscalders

To Catch a Thief - a dilemma? on 21:43 - Feb 28 by mygeneration

Well there's a coincidence. Just seen Finney and scott Jones walking down compton street in leathers singing 'If you are going to San Francisco make sure to wear some flowers in your hair'

Freeseatpete as best man.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024