Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million 02:19 - Jul 17 with 3258 viewsDylanP

Say it aint so!!!!!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-gossip-qprs-jamie-

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 02:23 - Jul 17 with 2495 viewsTrance_Trousers

What do you reckon ?

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 02:28 - Jul 17 with 2483 viewsDylanP

Since he signed his new deal, he has seen increased competition for a spot in the side. Ale is coming back and Diakite and Park have signed. That makes four must-starts (Adel, Faurlin, Park, Diakite) and it hard to see where he could be squeezed in across the middle. Up front Cisse is gonna start and with Johnson signing, he would be in competition with Zamora and Johnson for the second striker's spot.

Of course, he has been amazing off the bench. But as a player, I am sure he would want to start.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 07:14 - Jul 17 with 2291 viewsswisscottage

Don't write him off. He's just the sort of individual to take on the challenge and improve his game as he did last year.
Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 07:29 - Jul 17 with 2246 viewsWeAreQPR12

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 07:14 - Jul 17 by swisscottage

Don't write him off. He's just the sort of individual to take on the challenge and improve his game as he did last year.

Got allot of time 4 mackie but that isn't a bad price and should pretty much pay 4 holliets compensation deal. So in theory 2 get holliet on a free but lose a very good impact player is a bargain imo.
Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 07:52 - Jul 17 with 2189 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Mackie can make a serious impact again this year on the pitch, and for that reason alone should be retained. But the main reason to keep him is that we should be trying to build a club, with it's own core of long-serving and professional players whose ethos transfers to any new arrivals. Jamie's one of those. If we start selling them, we're only a revolving door for mercenaries. He's a must-keep in my opinion, and his departure, or Hill's or Derry's, would worry me greatly.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 07:52 - Jul 17 with 2187 viewssmegma

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 07:29 - Jul 17 by WeAreQPR12

Got allot of time 4 mackie but that isn't a bad price and should pretty much pay 4 holliets compensation deal. So in theory 2 get holliet on a free but lose a very good impact player is a bargain imo.

I'd bite their hand off for that amount.As much as I'm a fan of his every player has their price. And if anyone offers £50 for Barton I'd take it as well.
Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:00 - Jul 17 with 2160 viewsWrittler

Cracking price for a sub...
Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:03 - Jul 17 with 2148 viewsjonno

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 07:52 - Jul 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Mackie can make a serious impact again this year on the pitch, and for that reason alone should be retained. But the main reason to keep him is that we should be trying to build a club, with it's own core of long-serving and professional players whose ethos transfers to any new arrivals. Jamie's one of those. If we start selling them, we're only a revolving door for mercenaries. He's a must-keep in my opinion, and his departure, or Hill's or Derry's, would worry me greatly.

Big fan of Derry who is a great bloke but I can't see him getting anywhere near the team now. I'm sure he will want to be playing games regularly so I suspect he may move on. If we get Samba I think you could say the same about Hill.
Login to get fewer ads

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:06 - Jul 17 with 2140 viewsballbag

Decent price but I would keep him as we will desperately need him once the inevitable injuries take hold.

Can't we give them SWP instead? They'll never tell the difference!
Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:22 - Jul 17 with 2071 viewsTheBlob

After all we've been through together,no f*cking way.
"He flies like a bird in the sky high high
Now I know
I can't let Mackie go"

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:23 - Jul 17 with 2066 viewsToast_R

I'd be surprised if he's want to drop down a league considering where he is at the moment and how hard he's worked to get there.

Mackie is no quitter or prima donna and will relish fighting his way into the team more then anyone. With him chomping at the bit for a start it's sure going to mean those ahead of him will have to be on the metal.

Competition for places is a good thing.
Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:28 - Jul 17 with 2037 viewsStanisgod

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:06 - Jul 17 by ballbag

Decent price but I would keep him as we will desperately need him once the inevitable injuries take hold.

Can't we give them SWP instead? They'll never tell the difference!

I think they might !!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:29 - Jul 17 with 2034 viewshoopstar67

It still amazes me how Mackie is underestimated on here,he has proved time and time again what a good player he is for us and how he is determined to always improve himself,once again he will have to prove people wrong this season.
Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:31 - Jul 17 with 2024 viewsdazhoopa

don't see mackie leaving,he's already said he expects to fight for his place with the new signings coming in,and if he was to leave it would be to the prem where everton and westham have been said to show interest.ireally hope he's not sold as he honestly is the player the fans love the most and would be bad pr to let him go.really hope its just paper talk.
Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:33 - Jul 17 with 2013 viewsWokingR

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:23 - Jul 17 by Toast_R

I'd be surprised if he's want to drop down a league considering where he is at the moment and how hard he's worked to get there.

Mackie is no quitter or prima donna and will relish fighting his way into the team more then anyone. With him chomping at the bit for a start it's sure going to mean those ahead of him will have to be on the metal.

Competition for places is a good thing.

Couldn't agree more

Would be very sad to see him leave.
He might not have the technical skills of some but a lot of the newer players could learn an awful lot from his attitude and what the shirt means
Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:36 - Jul 17 with 1997 viewsbrendan

NO!!
The type of dependable player that a club need a few of. The type of player that may not seem to possess the same skill as those around him but can be depended on when extra effort or special performance required. The type of player that may not feature in a lot of fans' fantasy type "starting 11 for first game of new season" but will feature in "best 11 from last season"
Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:36 - Jul 17 with 1993 views18StoneOfHoop

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:22 - Jul 17 by TheBlob

After all we've been through together,no f*cking way.
"He flies like a bird in the sky high high
Now I know
I can't let Mackie go"

Not often I agree with any of your musical taste,Blob,but that's a straight up banging tooooooooonn! ..no argument.(Hard for under-60's to relate,so I'll help 'em out with a vid.)
Mackie's a tremendous hard-worker with a big heart.. but nimble? not so sure.For sure we can't let Dorking's Finest Sweatie go.))
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:41 - Jul 17 with 1960 viewsElHoop

Sounds like a non-story to me. If we wanted rid of him then he wouldn't be out in Malaysia. And £3.5m is still a rubbish price anyway, it's just more than the last rubbish story price.
Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:44 - Jul 17 with 1943 viewsTheBlob

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:41 - Jul 17 by ElHoop

Sounds like a non-story to me. If we wanted rid of him then he wouldn't be out in Malaysia. And £3.5m is still a rubbish price anyway, it's just more than the last rubbish story price.

Looks more likely they'll get Simon Cox off West Brom.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:54 - Jul 17 with 1895 viewsdaveB

no way, he was brilliant last season and for me is a better player than Hoillett, he's improving all the time and imo is worth double that
Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 09:02 - Jul 17 with 1863 viewsreal_loftus

He's just signed a contract extension. Sounds like lazy journos again. Like all of our non-touring squad being linked with Forest and/or Leeds.

ATAF

ATAF.

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 09:09 - Jul 17 with 1828 viewsparker64

Reminds me a bit of Mick Leach (sorry, that old). Not as a big favourite with the fans as others but watching some of the clips Leach used to score some great goals with plenty of assists. Not as skillful as others but always there or thereabouts and you know what you get with him.

The finish against Liverpool was excellent and he burst a lung to keep up with Traore at Man C. Good to see a midfielder get in the box.
Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 09:24 - Jul 17 with 1781 viewsJonDoeman

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 08:29 - Jul 17 by hoopstar67

It still amazes me how Mackie is underestimated on here,he has proved time and time again what a good player he is for us and how he is determined to always improve himself,once again he will have to prove people wrong this season.

Good post, continually underestimated what he brings to the team.
He's a Premier league player now, why would he go there?

It Is What It Is !!

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 09:27 - Jul 17 with 1760 viewsActonR

Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 09:02 - Jul 17 by real_loftus

He's just signed a contract extension. Sounds like lazy journos again. Like all of our non-touring squad being linked with Forest and/or Leeds.

ATAF

Mackie was great for us last season. However, he remains a player with a lot of bluster but limited technical ability. I still do not think he is a winger and I would like to see him deployed upfront where I believe he could be a more lethal version of Paul Dickov. However, the fact remains that 3.5 million is a lot of money for a player who might be used as an impact substitute at best. Park Ji-Sung is a better version of him while Hoilett offers genuine pace.
Mirror: Mackie's going to Blackburn for 3.5million on 09:40 - Jul 17 with 1703 viewsNorthernr

More nonsense.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024