Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wiggo 22:13 - Jul 8 with 6328 viewsW14Hoop

Fair play my son

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/wiggins-delivers-caustic-assessment-o

Wiggo on 23:02 - Jul 8 with 4392 viewsAunt_Nelly

You can take the boy out of Kilburn...

He's a legend in the making.
Wiggo on 16:30 - Jul 9 with 4302 viewsAunt_Nelly

Stunning ride by Chris Froome.

Wiggins smashed it.

British 1, 2.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Wiggo on 16:39 - Jul 9 with 4283 viewswestolian

What a ride and well done Froomey !

And they are the strongest team for the mountain stages - oh dear !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Wiggo on 16:39 - Jul 9 with 4283 viewsW14Hoop

Wiggo on 16:30 - Jul 9 by Aunt_Nelly

Wiggins smashed it.

British 1, 2.

Watching the updates on BBC, amazing time by wiggins.
Take that you counts! :-)
Wiggo on 16:48 - Jul 9 with 4255 viewsrongould

Incredible time trialing. Watched it on Eurosport, wonderful stuff.

Brad is from Kilburn, the family are R's. How did he get to be a "gooner"?
Wiggo on 16:52 - Jul 9 with 4239 viewsjamois

Totally stunning. That's real sporting achievement right there. Smashing Evans by a minute and 43s within 40kms. At that level of cycling it's total world class.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Wiggo on 16:59 - Jul 9 with 4223 viewsW10hoop

Wiggo on 16:48 - Jul 9 by rongould

Incredible time trialing. Watched it on Eurosport, wonderful stuff.

Brad is from Kilburn, the family are R's. How did he get to be a "gooner"?

He not a gooner. Knew him as a lad. He is qpr and has been to loftus road a few times, , but isnt massivly into football. Every time the lads were playing football he would be riding his bike around the cage, park etc. even from a young age, its all he ever wanted to do.
his mum and step dad are all season ticket holders in s a road.
Wiggo on 17:54 - Jul 9 with 4186 views18StoneOfHoop

Nuts to that dreary monosyllabic charisma-free Sweaty fooker of yesterday..

This one goes out to Wiggo The QPR Kilburn Mod..Go On My Son!

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Login to get fewer ads

Wiggo on 18:02 - Jul 9 with 4165 viewsrongould

Wiggo on 16:59 - Jul 9 by W10hoop

He not a gooner. Knew him as a lad. He is qpr and has been to loftus road a few times, , but isnt massivly into football. Every time the lads were playing football he would be riding his bike around the cage, park etc. even from a young age, its all he ever wanted to do.
his mum and step dad are all season ticket holders in s a road.

Last interview I saw, with him, in a cycling mag, to my surprise he said, " I am a big Arsenal fan".

So from the man himself, and yes I know all the rest of the family are solid Rangers.
Wiggo on 21:39 - Jul 9 with 4117 viewstimcocking

Fantastic stuff Bradley. Kudos from me for having the guts to say what he wanted to say.

I've been watching the Tour for years now; what a joy to have such a strong British contingent as opposed to usually nobody at all. Him and Cavanagh, quality.
Wiggo on 11:32 - Jul 10 with 4024 viewsW10hoop

Wiggo on 18:02 - Jul 9 by rongould

Last interview I saw, with him, in a cycling mag, to my surprise he said, " I am a big Arsenal fan".

So from the man himself, and yes I know all the rest of the family are solid Rangers.

Knew the man. He isnt massivly into football, but has been to loftus road a few times. He is a qpr supporter and used to join in with the chanting when we used to meet up in the red lion with loads of other rangers lads on a satruday night. Sorry mate but I know he is qpr, spoke to him about them myself.
Wiggo on 15:57 - Jul 10 with 3977 viewsLofthope

If you read Wiggins' autobiography he clearly states that he is an Arsenal fan but often went to Spurs with his mates - no mention of QPR in the book.
Wiggo on 16:38 - Jul 10 with 3954 viewsW10hoop

Dont know about hat. Havent read it. He never went to spurs that is for certain. I knew majority of his mates, to be fair there were not that many to know. He was not a very social person, only one lad he knew was an arsenal fan and he hardly ever went to football. but he would be in the red lion on a saturday night with a few qpr lads from same block as him and he would talk qpr, chant, ask about game etc, his whole family are qpr as well.
His dad is australian and wasnt into football, that is who got him into riding in the first place.
Wiggo on 17:57 - Jul 10 with 3934 viewsLofthope

I think his visits to Spurs were pre pub-going age if I recall, was a while ago when I read the book.....at least a year, maybe two, but it was the updated version to include his 4th in the TDF.
Anyway, if he is Rangers and says in his book he's Arsenal then he's a liar and his book should be withdrawn. Absolute disgrace, shocking behaviour and deceitful.
Or maybe he really is an Arsenal fan.
Maybe none of this really matters anyway, does it?
Wiggo on 08:37 - Jul 11 with 3884 viewsW10hoop

Maybe it doesnt matter really. But I would love to read this autobiorgraphy kid running off to north london as a kid to watch football matches at spurs with his mates, then getting older and supporting the arsenal, going with a seperate set of lads.
When I knew him, he was always on his own, alwaysd riding , never much intrerest in football unless his mum or step dad didnt go and he would take up the ticket and go to qpr, he never even played footy, he was quite shy and didnt seem to get involed much. Although ws a nice bloke, he wasnt doing what they were so people didnt realy bother wit him that much.
He never or very rarely went off plot, and only rode his bike around the flats and the rec, where he used the bike track to race etc and was very good.
The day he went to south kilburn to used the bike track there he got jacked and they stole the bike, after that he rarly bothered going many places, although used to see him most saturday morning as he would say he was going to ride to crystal palace for trials etc. Remember he wore a qpr compaq t shirt for ages when he was racing at the rec that he asked him mum to get for him. .
As he got older used to see him in the pubs a bit, but as he got more into the racing he obviously focused on that.
Good luck to him and respect for reaching the heights he has but in all them years I knew him never muchto do with arsenal or footy in general , would ask about us, talk about feredinand, gallen on the odd occasion and take his familys season ticket if they couldnt go. But wasnt that bothered.
Wiggo on 21:22 - Jul 12 with 3840 views18StoneOfHoop

Magnificent day in the mountains for Brad and Froome!
Not for the first time this Summer has an Englishman broken the heart of an Aussie. Looking good!

And look at all these frogs doffing their chapeaus to King Brad:

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Wiggo on 21:40 - Jul 12 with 3816 viewsrongould

The boy done great today, whatever football team he likes.
Has now worn yellow for more days than any other British rider.
Wiggo on 22:31 - Jul 12 with 3774 viewsBazWoT

Maybe the drugs made him think he was an Arse fan.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Wiggo on 23:46 - Jul 12 with 3748 viewsW14Hoop

Wiggo on 21:40 - Jul 12 by rongould

The boy done great today, whatever football team he likes.
Has now worn yellow for more days than any other British rider.

Great stage today.
I was able to watch all of it live and WIggins stayed calm throughout, although he must of thought WTF?! when Froomey went off on a charge with 2k-ish to go.
That in itself seemed amazing as Froome looked spent a bit earlier on.

Do you guys have a preference with which channel you watch it on?
I like ITV's pre and post analysis with Boardman & Imlach but prefer the live commentary of Eurosports Harmon & Sean Kelly, Harmon gets pretty excited about most things, Kelly's deadpan delivery levels it out though!
Wiggo on 05:01 - Jul 13 with 3713 viewsLofthope

Wiggo on 23:46 - Jul 12 by W14Hoop

Great stage today.
I was able to watch all of it live and WIggins stayed calm throughout, although he must of thought WTF?! when Froomey went off on a charge with 2k-ish to go.
That in itself seemed amazing as Froome looked spent a bit earlier on.

Do you guys have a preference with which channel you watch it on?
I like ITV's pre and post analysis with Boardman & Imlach but prefer the live commentary of Eurosports Harmon & Sean Kelly, Harmon gets pretty excited about most things, Kelly's deadpan delivery levels it out though!

Sean Kelly is an awful pundit, inarticulate and lacks clear diction - really shouldn't be on TV at all. Harmon is good but I have to choose Ligget and Sherwin just to avoid the nausiating Kelly drivel - being succesful at your sport does not necessarily make you a worthy pundit (as can be witnessed each week on Match of the Day).
Roche, in contrast, is well worth listening too as are Boardman and Sherwin.
Wiggo on 08:46 - Jul 13 with 3693 viewsbrendan

Wiggo on 16:30 - Jul 9 by Aunt_Nelly

Wiggins smashed it.

British 1, 2.

Frooms is Kenyan but rides on a british licence
Wiggo on 08:55 - Jul 13 with 3687 viewsTonto

Wiggo and Froomedog both on the podium? After yesterday it shure looks like it.

On which channel - I like Harman but not kelly. Sherwin and Ligget go well together and have been ding for so long, that they know each other. i really like Gary Imlach, but hate the fact that the ITV highlights show only shows about 10mins of cycling in the hour.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Wiggo on 09:21 - Jul 13 with 3666 views18StoneOfHoop

Favourite theme from highlights show that first got me into The Tour in the 80's:

For me the A-Team were Phil Liggett,Paul Sherwen and Ned Boulting.
Here's Phil getting a bit 'oo-er missus':

Wiggo Magic:

Is the No.2 stronger/better than the No.1?;

Wiggo on 09:29 - Jul 13 with 3657 viewsWrittler

Liggett & Sherwin were once good - now they are just utter sh1te - constantly making mistakes and getting riders names wrong - prefer Eurosport any day - Kelly is extremely monotone but he does give some good insight.

Told ya Sky would have 2 on the podium in the orginal tdf thread!
Wiggo on 10:24 - Jul 13 with 3641 viewsderbyhoop

I know people still remember the drug fuelled races of the 80s and 90s but Le Tour appears to be relatively clean, now. It's a massive test of endurance and what you see is 150 odd athletes who'd put the fitness of footballers to shame.

I think Wiggins will win it this year, unless he has a serious accident. Froome will win it in the future.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024