Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Same old, same old. 17:20 - Aug 26 with 2109 viewsareasix

Our squad is crap sack the manager, no hope etc etc etc.

Two games in yes nil points but has everyone lost their heads ! Newcastle we were bossing it till they went down to 10 men and we all know goal keeper error lost us that and Sat was a very bad day at the office teams all have them. That was Forest fourth win on the trot away from home.

Last year we went on a record run , got promoted by the play offs , gave some of us one of best days of supporting The Saints at Wembley 10 WEEKS AGO and now we are doomed , sack the manager etc etc.

We all have a right to review the season at Christmas when we know what players we have, that the tactics dont work , manager not up to it but until then lets support the club and the players we did 10 weeks ago and it got us here.

Ban Saints 22 from all his negativity , does he ever go and watch a game gets on my t!ts with his negativity. Cant he go and support someone else!

I dont expect to get anything from Brentford as my brother in law has taken me to the last two games as he is a season ticket holder there and i think its 3-0 twice for brentford.

Goalkeeper announcement tomorrow we are going Dutch! he had a great send off from the Feyenoord supporters.

If we look at the relegation list Paddy Power are already paying out on Everton to be relegated , Leicester are going to have a points deduction so there is one more place to fill from Man city points deduction needs to be 80 points!! and around four or five other teams. Wolves, Forest, Ipswich,Palace,Bournmouth.

Same old, same old. on 17:41 - Aug 26 with 2042 viewskingslandstand1

With all due respect A6, and knowing you are more in the know that most, if not all on here, but Saint 22 while being repetitive does have a point within his negativity re the need for a front man and GK. So let's hope the Dutchman turns out to be a real bargain as only a loan/£7m potential purchase doesn't exactly hit the wow factor for Prem levels
No doubt there will be reviews at Christmas but it could be too late by then, or obviously the humble pie shop will be busy
Pundits and newspaper reports haven't exactly been praising us from the rooftops either
Let's just hope your positivity rubs off and we make that top 10 spot we were regularly at not that long ago
I mean Brighton, Bournemouth, Brentford etc all getting praise that we don't should never be the situation for a club of our size
[Post edited 26 Aug 18:00]
Same old, same old. on 17:52 - Aug 26 with 2019 viewsRon11

I think we have a great squad.
Unfortunately we have a manager who does not have a clue what to do with it in the Premiership
Same old, same old. on 18:11 - Aug 26 with 1898 viewsButty101

I felt pretty positive after the Newcastle game and thought we could stay up. Saturday was utter dross. First home game of the season, against a relegation rival. The team flattened the wall of sound ffs.

I think so far it’s been a pretty bad transfer window. Way to much quantity (18) and counting and not a lot of proven quality. Why get Portuguese nipper and archer when that money could of got the main target ORielly from Celtic . Maybe he wouldn’t of come but you get the impression RM really wanted him. I fear we will buy another 20year old winger for 15mill that won’t be ready and not get a target man. If that happens we are screwed

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Same old, same old. on 18:12 - Aug 26 with 1897 viewsarfurdent

Try looking at from another angle. This season will allow the fans to get over the excitement of last season and calm down the exacerbated heartrates and jangling nerves.

Then next season we get another coronary inducing season.

Plus the club get to sell lots of tepid pre-poored drinks at in inflated price to highlight the perils of drinking in Fanzones

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Same old, same old. on 18:16 - Aug 26 with 1871 views1ASIN12

As someone else pointed out both defeats this season are down to Martin and the way he wants to play.

Asking McCarthy to play out the back is only going to end one way, as we saw against 10 men Newcastle .

Playing with your strikers out wide with no central striker will only end one way as peroved again on Saturday.

If we lose to Brentford Saturday ( and there a good chance we will) then we could be 0 points from 4 games seeing we have Man Utd home the game after. That’s going to put Martin and the team under great pressure against Ipswich in our 5th game.
[Post edited 26 Aug 18:20]
Same old, same old. on 18:23 - Aug 26 with 1826 viewssolent_toffee

Paddy Power paying out for Everton to be relegated is all part of their bantz marketing campaign. They are constantly posting about Everton, it gives them exposure in their disgusting business.
Same old, same old. on 18:24 - Aug 26 with 1813 viewsCity_boy

Whilst I don't agree with all what Saints 22 makes, he does have some valid points when it comes to tactics and set up of the team. Having 70% possession each game and far fewer meaningful attempts on goal is not working.

As for not expecting to get anything out of Brentford game, this is one we should be looking to get a result. It is Brentford (Yes they have done well) but they are not Man City.

I accept it is 2 games in, but it doesn't bode well, when we set up with what looked like 2 banks of 5, no strikers and a dodgy keeper against a team we really should have beaten and against 10 men the week before.
[Post edited 26 Aug 18:27]
Same old, same old. on 19:07 - Aug 26 with 1671 viewsTripleNiemi

Good stuff.

So basically Everton and Leicester are relegated so that basis we just need to win a couple of six pointers against some of the other relegation candidates - could start with Forest then hey……oh wait……

I will back the team for sure (and certainly didn’t boo them the other day), but for me there is a little bit more to it than survival. To be honest, I don’t give two shïts if we stay up or not however, I do like to be entertained and not have to wait until nearly the end of the first half to see a shot on target.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Login to get fewer ads

Same old, same old. on 19:30 - Aug 26 with 1565 viewsSouthSeaSaint

I suppose the good thing is collectively we have low expectation of staying up and actually scoring a goal!!
I want Russell Martin to succeed, as I am sure most/all of the Saints family do to.
However he needs to alter his playing style, as he did at the tail end of last season.
I think we have all been crying out for a central striker to provide options, ir in the Pelle mode, for some time.
The enigma that is Ross Stewart may have provided that option but as every week passes by, the chances of that happening reduces.
Che Adams wasnt that option nor is Cameron Archer, unfortunately.
Much as I appreciated Aribo and Smallbone's (and Fraser's) contribution last season, none of our midfield (apart from the excellent Downes, who will rack up quite a few yellow cards during the season) is anywhere near the standard of the Prem.
I would actually try to give KWP a try in midfield as he has the energy and ball retention to actually get the ball forward rather than sideways and backwards.
UTS
Same old, same old. on 20:10 - Aug 26 with 1460 viewsDorsetIan

I agree, areasix. Last year the RM approach looked hopeless in the first few games but he persevered and then it worked.

We are stepping up a level and new players are finding their feet in the team.

It's going to take time for everything to click playing this way in this league. But there are encouraging signs.

Let's give RM and the team some time ffs. If it doesn't work it doesn't work, but there's no saying anything else is going to work either.

Don't panic. Don't panic....

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Same old, same old. on 20:11 - Aug 26 with 1452 viewsI_would

The owners are clueless.
The manager does what he's told by ......... (the above) (playing style and starting eleven)
The players that SR choose each week from the squad are mostly unable to attack and have less than the required pace up the top end. Plus favourites are shoehorned in that shouldn't be near the starting eleven.

Everyone who comments in any media seem to know this Area Six ........ except you.

We need to ditch the below standard favourites (JS Slowbone and AA), ditch the suicidal boring tippy-tappy, and play the stronger attacking players from the start NOT react to being a goal down at 75 mins. It's too late then. Game over, or in our case two games over.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Same old, same old. on 22:41 - Aug 26 with 1176 viewsareasix

Ok everyone has written us off after 2 games , yes 2 1 nil games apart from Dorset Ian.

I didn’t hear everyone shouting after breaking our record for the amount of wins last year that throw away the tactics and change , I am not going to say RM will succeed but give him a flippin chance.
We haven’t seen half our new signings play yet but they are crap just like what you said about Mane , VVD , Lavia etc when they signed
Same old, same old. on 22:58 - Aug 26 with 1154 viewsdirk_doone

Perhaps we got too carried away with last season and so our expectations are too high. We finished 4th in the 2nd tier, 9 points off the 2nd automatic promotion place. I guess it's difficult for fans to come to terms with what's happpening on the pitch now that the reality of that is setting in. A win, any win would come as a great relief and hopefully that will happen at Cardiff tomorrow.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Same old, same old. on 23:27 - Aug 26 with 1116 viewsPatfromPoole

Re the opening post…

Leicester may well have two separate points deductions, not one.

But even then, I think they have half a chance of staying up.

They have an excellent manager, who is used to battling in this League.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Same old, same old. on 00:11 - Aug 27 with 1085 viewsfelly1

Saturday was a poor performance and to be outclassed and dominated by Forest is worrying.

We lost our first 4 games on our return to the Prem in the 2012/13 Season , conceding 14 goals and losing our first home to the mighty Wigan two nil .

I'm not passing judgement on this team and manager after just two games.
Same old, same old. on 01:18 - Aug 27 with 1030 viewsButty101

Same old, same old. on 22:41 - Aug 26 by areasix

Ok everyone has written us off after 2 games , yes 2 1 nil games apart from Dorset Ian.

I didn’t hear everyone shouting after breaking our record for the amount of wins last year that throw away the tactics and change , I am not going to say RM will succeed but give him a flippin chance.
We haven’t seen half our new signings play yet but they are crap just like what you said about Mane , VVD , Lavia etc when they signed

Literally every man and his dog was saying don’t pee about with the ball at the back, in the premiership . The slow pointless passing has been a constant gripe, you must have lala headphones on frankly.
Tell me which of our signings is going to hit the ground running and improve the team, in your opinion? Im generally interested to know?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Same old, same old. on 06:27 - Aug 27 with 859 viewsSango123

I really think we are currently the worst team in the premier league. All the possession is really useless when we cannot create any decent chance. 2 strikers who are so wide and no one in the centre when the crosses come in. We look better offensively when we change to 4-4-2. The Forest game showed how easy it is to press the team into giving away possession in our own half. That is why they created and shot far more with only 35% possession
Same old, same old. on 09:10 - Aug 27 with 749 viewsdirk_doone

Same old, same old. on 06:27 - Aug 27 by Sango123

I really think we are currently the worst team in the premier league. All the possession is really useless when we cannot create any decent chance. 2 strikers who are so wide and no one in the centre when the crosses come in. We look better offensively when we change to 4-4-2. The Forest game showed how easy it is to press the team into giving away possession in our own half. That is why they created and shot far more with only 35% possession

True, and I don't think fans of any other team would have greeted that performance against Forest any better than we did, either inside the stadium or online. Anyone who complains about our fans online should take a look at some other clubs' messageboards after they've lost. I think the only ones who are any more sanguine than ours are Ipswich fans because they've had 2 consecutive promotions and so even being in the top flight for one season is a thrill for them. Leicester fans were still moaning like hell at the end of last season as they were topping the Championship.

As for Russell Martin, you should see what Swansea fans used to write about him. Even 3 months before we hired him, they hated his tactics and wanted him sacked.

[Post edited 27 Aug 9:21]

Same old, same old. on 12:09 - Aug 27 with 642 viewsareasix

ok Dirk why didn't we sack him last year thankfully we didn't and only 10 weeks ago I had one of my best days supporting The Saints.

Butty the players I think will make the grade will be
Fernandes but we haven't seen if he can adjust to the prem but certainly looks as if there is a player in there.
Sugawara looks a real find for us.
Breteton Diaz looks a handful if he plays in the right position nearer to the centre.
Ugochukwu gets a great review from Chelsea supporters so look forward to seeing him start.
Edwards was class in a lower division can he step up I do believe so.
Not sure about Archer can he score 15-20 goals i doubt, Wood reliable but maybe average CB cover, Taylor experienced and possible cover ,Lallana will not play many games and talking to a Brighton supporter he has lost any pace he had.

There you go I have nailed my colours.
Same old, same old. on 13:03 - Aug 27 with 553 viewsdirk_doone

Same old, same old. on 12:09 - Aug 27 by areasix

ok Dirk why didn't we sack him last year thankfully we didn't and only 10 weeks ago I had one of my best days supporting The Saints.

Butty the players I think will make the grade will be
Fernandes but we haven't seen if he can adjust to the prem but certainly looks as if there is a player in there.
Sugawara looks a real find for us.
Breteton Diaz looks a handful if he plays in the right position nearer to the centre.
Ugochukwu gets a great review from Chelsea supporters so look forward to seeing him start.
Edwards was class in a lower division can he step up I do believe so.
Not sure about Archer can he score 15-20 goals i doubt, Wood reliable but maybe average CB cover, Taylor experienced and possible cover ,Lallana will not play many games and talking to a Brighton supporter he has lost any pace he had.

There you go I have nailed my colours.

I didn't want us to hire Russell Martin, but our performance in the playoffs last season certainly lifted him in my estimation.

However, in my post I was referring only to what Swansea fans were saying about him just 3 months before we hired him, to point out that our fans are no more fickle than any others. If you remember the vitriolic anti-Pardew campaign waged by Newcastle fans, you'd see that our fans are more tolerant than some others with a reputation for being exceptionally loyal.
[Post edited 27 Aug 13:04]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024