Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... 17:57 - Jun 27 with 10153 viewstheloneranger

"A total of 95 staff at a hotel which will house asylum seekers have been told they will lose their jobs.

The Stradey Park Hotel in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, is set to house up to 241 asylum seekers.

The Home Office said the plans were necessary and it was listening to the views of the local community.

The Refugee Council has raised concerns about integrating asylum seekers in the community and whether they will get the support they need.

The 50 full-time and 45 part-time staff will stop working at the hotel on 10 July, the same day asylum seekers are due to move in.

Staff were informed during a meeting on Tuesday morning, after an email was sent via management at the hotel who then informed their colleagues.

The meeting, which lasted about half an hour, did not include any representatives on behalf of the hotel's owners, Sterling Woodrow.

The BBC was told some staff members who were not able to make the meeting joined the meeting via their phones, while others were called afterwards by colleagues.

Staff were said to be "shocked" but some also described relief "after weeks of waiting" to have questions answered about their futures."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66033564

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 10:42 - Jun 28 with 1430 viewsBoundy

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 09:49 - Jun 28 by theloneranger

The hotel owners, Clearsprings (Clearsprings Ready Homes - which provides housing services for the Home Office).

They couldn't care 2 furry bums about the people or the local economy.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/stradey-hotel-llanelli-asylum-seek

This post has been edited by an administrator

But they are listening to the views of the local people,
if what you see currently with the dregs hanging around ASDA then as Bachman Turner Overdrive once sang , You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 10:50 - Jun 28 with 1419 viewsonehunglow

Simply a case of NIMBY
Anyone thinking Labour would do better is deluded
Our society dictates all
Right now, we don't have the guts to do what is best for our people
Any country that does not place its citizens first is doomed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 11:26 - Jun 28 with 1399 viewsmajorraglan

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 09:49 - Jun 28 by theloneranger

The hotel owners, Clearsprings (Clearsprings Ready Homes - which provides housing services for the Home Office).

They couldn't care 2 furry bums about the people or the local economy.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/stradey-hotel-llanelli-asylum-seek

This post has been edited by an administrator

I hope Nia Griffith asks the questions that have been ignored in Parliament and gets definitive answers about the ownership. If it’s owned by a Russian living in Russia, then on no account should we be paying any moneys.
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 12:13 - Jun 28 with 1367 views1983

I can see it getting naughty down in Turkland with these asylum seekers I went out with a girl from there about 20yrs ago and being from Swansea they thought Swansea was the other side of the world and they didn't like "Jacks"

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 12:22 - Jun 28 with 1348 viewscontroversial_jack

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 11:26 - Jun 28 by majorraglan

I hope Nia Griffith asks the questions that have been ignored in Parliament and gets definitive answers about the ownership. If it’s owned by a Russian living in Russia, then on no account should we be paying any moneys.

Why would you do that , simply because someone happens to be Russian? That's a very sinister and disturbing comment
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 13:14 - Jun 28 with 1340 viewsonehunglow

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 12:13 - Jun 28 by 1983

I can see it getting naughty down in Turkland with these asylum seekers I went out with a girl from there about 20yrs ago and being from Swansea they thought Swansea was the other side of the world and they didn't like "Jacks"

I refer you to the several posts I’ve made regarding Llanelli and the old Glen Ballroom.
It was carnage when we strolled on to take their girls . Jacks about ten years ahead .
No offence

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 13:34 - Jun 28 with 1327 viewsmajorraglan

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 12:22 - Jun 28 by controversial_jack

Why would you do that , simply because someone happens to be Russian? That's a very sinister and disturbing comment

I don’t think it’s sinister of disturbing at all. Given that a significant number of Russians are sanctioned it’s important we undertake due diligence and adhere to international law - I wouldn’t want to see our hard earned ending up in the pockets of some gangster oligarch or terrorist like a Wagner contractor.
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 13:44 - Jun 28 with 1319 viewsBoundy

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 12:22 - Jun 28 by controversial_jack

I tell you what's disturbing is your unwavering support of their unlawful invasion .
Until that nation becomes civilised and its population grows a pair of balls and becomes a true democracy then they should be treated as you should be with the very least disdain, suspicion and dislike

Login to get fewer ads

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 14:11 - Jun 28 with 1286 viewsDr_Winston

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 13:44 - Jun 28 by Boundy

I tell you what's disturbing is your unwavering support of their unlawful invasion .
Until that nation becomes civilised and its population grows a pair of balls and becomes a true democracy then they should be treated as you should be with the very least disdain, suspicion and dislike

You know he doesn't really give a sh*t right?

His position changes depending on how much of a thrill he can get out of being contrarian. If that means being hard left, that's what he'll be. Or in the case of the Russian Invasion he's happy enough making arguments that wouldn't look out of place on Truth Social.

He's nothing but a troll.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 14:28 - Jun 28 with 1293 viewsBoundy

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 14:11 - Jun 28 by Dr_Winston

You know he doesn't really give a sh*t right?

His position changes depending on how much of a thrill he can get out of being contrarian. If that means being hard left, that's what he'll be. Or in the case of the Russian Invasion he's happy enough making arguments that wouldn't look out of place on Truth Social.

He's nothing but a troll.

I know but the reason I respond is purely down (hands up if I'm wrong) to increasing the hits for Keith, I'm not sure how it works but I believe that each post counts and helps the charity, otherwise I consider him nothing more than a piece of faeces stuck to the sole of my boot. Unpleasant but easily disposed of then forgotten

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 15:04 - Jun 28 with 1262 viewscontroversial_jack

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 13:34 - Jun 28 by majorraglan

I don’t think it’s sinister of disturbing at all. Given that a significant number of Russians are sanctioned it’s important we undertake due diligence and adhere to international law - I wouldn’t want to see our hard earned ending up in the pockets of some gangster oligarch or terrorist like a Wagner contractor.

Just because someone happens to be Russian they deserve to have their assets, sanctioned, frozen or any other euphemism for stolen? I know what i would call that, but i won’t on here.

Neither Russia, Ukraine or the US is a signatory to International law
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 17:58 - Jun 28 with 1224 viewsBoundy

Nice to see the Diplomat in town is trying to absorb some of those being made redundant .I wonder if any sitting on the Refugee Council are losing their jobs ,silly question I know

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 18:07 - Jun 28 with 1221 viewshowenjack

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12241931/Asylum-seeker-33-charged-rapin
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 18:22 - Jun 28 with 1197 viewslifelong

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 13:14 - Jun 28 by onehunglow

I refer you to the several posts I’ve made regarding Llanelli and the old Glen Ballroom.
It was carnage when we strolled on to take their girls . Jacks about ten years ahead .
No offence

Why put up such a pathetic post about the good people of Llanelli?
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 18:36 - Jun 28 with 1193 viewsshingle

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 06:46 - Jun 28 by angryjack

Time to stand up and revolt..

Sadly the people of this country do not have that in them, moaning on Social media is the best they can do the French public put as to shame and to think our weak minded lot still bring up how we saved them during the war whilst not having a clue that it was the Americans and Russians who saved us, we have to be one of the most overrated country and people in the world.
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 18:58 - Jun 28 with 1174 viewsonehunglow

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 18:22 - Jun 28 by lifelong

Why put up such a pathetic post about the good people of Llanelli?

Why do you not show you have. Sense of humour.
Why do you continue your personal attacks

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 20:03 - Jun 28 with 1140 viewslifelong

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 18:58 - Jun 28 by onehunglow

Why do you not show you have. Sense of humour.
Why do you continue your personal attacks

This is not a joking matter where 95 Llanelli people, probably a fair percentage being females, are going to lose their jobs, and there you go making a stupid remark about Llanelli women.
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 20:13 - Jun 28 with 1135 viewsonehunglow

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 20:03 - Jun 28 by lifelong

This is not a joking matter where 95 Llanelli people, probably a fair percentage being females, are going to lose their jobs, and there you go making a stupid remark about Llanelli women.

Too right ,it’s not a joking matter and it need to read what is posted before seeing my username and jumping in feet first

The Glen in the 60s was a place where Jacks,that is Swansea people ,were ritually hated by the denizens of Llanelli. It was at a time when it was also referred to as Llanelli . As soon as we opened our gobs ,they got feisty.
Man ,you should have been there .
It was great

No need to apologise
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 20:14]

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... (n/t) on 20:18 - Jun 28 with 1127 viewslifelong

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 20:13 - Jun 28 by onehunglow

Too right ,it’s not a joking matter and it need to read what is posted before seeing my username and jumping in feet first

The Glen in the 60s was a place where Jacks,that is Swansea people ,were ritually hated by the denizens of Llanelli. It was at a time when it was also referred to as Llanelli . As soon as we opened our gobs ,they got feisty.
Man ,you should have been there .
It was great

No need to apologise
[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 20:14]

[Post edited 28 Jun 2023 21:34]
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 20:25 - Jun 28 with 1127 viewsonehunglow

‘‘Twas the same with the Bowl.
It was the nearest ten pin bowling place .
Ask for shoes and it started then
You had to watch your back.
From Bynea to Burry Port, they hated us.

I worked there too.

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 21:54 - Jun 28 with 1086 viewsFireboy2

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 10:22 - Jun 28 by pembsjack

Housing them in accommodation which will stir local communities up is all part of Cruella Braverman and the right wing of the governments plan. Hotels, holiday parks even the dambusters air base which had been ear marked as historical importance!
Whatever your feelings towards migrants/refugees, our handling of them all is pathetic. The huge back log of applications is down to government failings, what better way to get people to forget this than by stirring the right up!

Very clever by the tories, wind up the locals so that they might vote for them ala the red wall crumbling in the last election because of their lies.

I do feel for the hotel staff and the locals, the tories don't give a flying f@#£ about them.
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 07:15 - Jun 29 with 1039 viewsAnotherJohn

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 21:54 - Jun 28 by Fireboy2

Very clever by the tories, wind up the locals so that they might vote for them ala the red wall crumbling in the last election because of their lies.

I do feel for the hotel staff and the locals, the tories don't give a flying f@#£ about them.

There is the party politics, and then there is supply and demand, or to put it another way the issue of how we accommodate and hopefully assimilate the one million or so people who entered the UK in the last year (the net figure of 600K doesn't really take account of the adjustment problem facing new immigrants). Many who support "safe routes" and more permissive entry policies, at the same time oppose use of hotels, camps and barges for accommodation, but is there really capacity as far as ordinary housing and infrastructure are concerned? This is my problem with Labour and the LibDems (I have different problems with the Tories). Does the town of Llanelli have capacity to accommodate the 200 plus who would stay in the hotel plus those already arriving by other routes. I am unsure, but doubtful.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2023 7:20]
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 18:42 - Jun 29 with 941 viewsSullutaCreturned

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 18:36 - Jun 28 by shingle

Sadly the people of this country do not have that in them, moaning on Social media is the best they can do the French public put as to shame and to think our weak minded lot still bring up how we saved them during the war whilst not having a clue that it was the Americans and Russians who saved us, we have to be one of the most overrated country and people in the world.

Hold on there now, WW2, if these Islands hadn't held out where would the USA have used as a staging post for the D-Day landings?

If Germany had taken these islands and had their use for its submarines and aircraft how would Russia have gotten any aid from the USA (not forgetting the aid we sent too.

How would the French resistance have managed without supplies from us?

Without the Western front, with all those Nazi troops arrayed against them would Russia have won? All those aircraft, tansk and millions more men may well have made a decisive difference.

The truth is we all played a part but without these islands holding firm in the first place it may have simply been domino's falling and with the extra time they had, without British intelligence and those brave Norwegians then maybe the heroes of Telemark wouldn't have stopped the hard water and then Nazi's get their nuclear weapons, where do you think the world would have ended up then?

I'm no exceptionalist but these islands played a major role in beating Germany and anyone who says different had better put up a pretty good, reasoned debate why that's not true or face being ridiculed.
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 19:26 - Jun 29 with 921 viewsKilkennyjack

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 18:42 - Jun 29 by SullutaCreturned

Hold on there now, WW2, if these Islands hadn't held out where would the USA have used as a staging post for the D-Day landings?

If Germany had taken these islands and had their use for its submarines and aircraft how would Russia have gotten any aid from the USA (not forgetting the aid we sent too.

How would the French resistance have managed without supplies from us?

Without the Western front, with all those Nazi troops arrayed against them would Russia have won? All those aircraft, tansk and millions more men may well have made a decisive difference.

The truth is we all played a part but without these islands holding firm in the first place it may have simply been domino's falling and with the extra time they had, without British intelligence and those brave Norwegians then maybe the heroes of Telemark wouldn't have stopped the hard water and then Nazi's get their nuclear weapons, where do you think the world would have ended up then?

I'm no exceptionalist but these islands played a major role in beating Germany and anyone who says different had better put up a pretty good, reasoned debate why that's not true or face being ridiculed.

Absolutely played a major part.
Almost all posters on here will have had family involved.

Allied forces still speaks as a term.

God bless the Americans, Canadians, ANZAC, Indian, Polish, Caribbean, French, Dutch and many others who bravely stood together with the men and women of theses islands to defeat the Nazi forces.

Its heart breaking that again today we see war in mainland Europe.
And its impossible to see how it will all end.

Beware of the Risen People

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 20:26 - Jun 29 with 905 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

It should be illegal to make people redundant only to directly replace them with agency workers who do exactly the same job.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024