Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread 10:35 - Aug 13 with 8620 viewsSaintNick

Only the second game of the season and a big one, first question is Bella Kotchap, Valery or Stephens

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 18:53 - Aug 13 with 1052 viewshuelinsaint

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 18:10 - Aug 13 by saint68

The response of someone who's just been found out!!

Still moaning about health insurance and driving licence changes.

PS ..got a full tank of diesel today for €86 53ltrs...with rhe very efficient Spanish government descuenta scheme currently running at all petrol stations...something maybe the UK government might adopt 😄😭

Or maybe you moved back to England because you wouldn't shell out €35 a month to obtain comprehensive medical cover!!

You're full of it mate...get back to being a nasty expat😭😭🤣😄

Oh and for your information my mother has passed away and I'm not a bitch... and definitely not a nasty person as you imply with your petty insult. .it spoke volumes about you though
[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 18:16]

Hijo de Puta means son of a whore, zorra is Bitch
Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 18:55 - Aug 13 with 1040 viewsGRIM

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 18:36 - Aug 13 by Bicester_North

If we start the next match with 5 at the back that 100% means Ralph is beyond help

5 across the back does cause confusion.
Players end up not doing their job & thinking someone else will do it.
There were occasions in before the switch when we had 2 or more players getting in each others way.
Both Bella Kotchup & Salisu looked much better when given responsibility to control the back line.
Lavia does look exceptionally good for an 18 Yr old.
Play with 4 at the back & allow the ctr backs to attack the ball & dominate.
I actually quite enjoyed the last 25mins today & it looked like the players did as well.
But what masterstroke will Ralph try next week.
Please just keep it simple.
Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 18:57 - Aug 13 with 1018 viewssaint68

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 18:53 - Aug 13 by huelinsaint

Hijo de Puta means son of a whore, zorra is Bitch

It's actually mother fuka..get to know

https://www.google.com/search?q=hijo+de+puta+meaning+&client=ms-android-ee-uk-re

Hence my distain for the posters vile comment..
[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 19:05]

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:04 - Aug 13 with 978 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 18:55 - Aug 13 by GRIM

5 across the back does cause confusion.
Players end up not doing their job & thinking someone else will do it.
There were occasions in before the switch when we had 2 or more players getting in each others way.
Both Bella Kotchup & Salisu looked much better when given responsibility to control the back line.
Lavia does look exceptionally good for an 18 Yr old.
Play with 4 at the back & allow the ctr backs to attack the ball & dominate.
I actually quite enjoyed the last 25mins today & it looked like the players did as well.
But what masterstroke will Ralph try next week.
Please just keep it simple.

Yep, I agree. The last 25 minutes was very enjoyable, wave after wave of attack and we had our team back. It was a big surprise, that we suddenly looked so good with the new players looking really decent. We do indeed need to keep things simple, attack teams, take the breaks off and remove the shackles of all this tactical stuff that's holding them back. Hopeful this great comeback will be a catalyst to get our season going.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:07 - Aug 13 with 977 viewssaint68

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:04 - Aug 13 by Saintsforeverj

Yep, I agree. The last 25 minutes was very enjoyable, wave after wave of attack and we had our team back. It was a big surprise, that we suddenly looked so good with the new players looking really decent. We do indeed need to keep things simple, attack teams, take the breaks off and remove the shackles of all this tactical stuff that's holding them back. Hopeful this great comeback will be a catalyst to get our season going.

I sincerely hope so..difficult though with professor hassntaclue meddling every week

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:07 - Aug 13 with 977 viewskingslandstand1

Thought the new guys were pretty good, but keeper seems a bit small for this level despite a few decent saves?
Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:16 - Aug 13 with 957 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:07 - Aug 13 by kingslandstand1

Thought the new guys were pretty good, but keeper seems a bit small for this level despite a few decent saves?

So far, I like the look of him, made some good saves. Gut feeling is he will develop into a good goalkeeper.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:16 - Aug 13 with 958 viewsBerber

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 18:12 - Aug 13 by ElijahK

Unfortunately I couldn’t watch the game today.

As I’ve just seen the score, but how did we perform? Good, bad? How were Leeds? Anything controversial happen on ether end of the pitch?

And also how was all those stupid sitting rules in the itchen north? Did anyone listen, was there any issues?

The first half was mostly fairly even, though we hardly put anything really threatening together. Our defence was not too bad, except when individuals lost concentration, and that is really the story. Leeds were better disciplined, playing it out wide, side to side, and the first goal came from allowing them to overload on their left flank. The new lads all pretty much kept their games up to scratch. Old problems remain. Too often when p1ssing around at the back, it keeps getting passed to Salisu, with ever decreasing space to make a decent pass. There were chants from home fans of “You’re getting sacked in the morning,” at the half time whistle. I don’t think there were any who would disagree at that point.

Second half the subs brought a lot more energy and direct pressure, thank goodness, and we too started to use switches wide to great effect. Players were more snappy, and consequently, A Armstrong was able to use his quick turns and turn of pace. Whatever the reason, changes had to be made, and for once RH did it early enough to make a difference. He will no doubt say differently, but it looked like last throw of the dice. The new lads again did us credit. Let’s hope we don’t coach it out of them.

Ps contrary to expectations, Djennepo did a decent job.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 19:23]

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

Login to get fewer ads

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:34 - Aug 13 with 921 viewssaint22

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 18:36 - Aug 13 by Bicester_North

If we start the next match with 5 at the back that 100% means Ralph is beyond help

100% THIS
OH and buy a decent fkn CB this week no matter the cost
Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:39 - Aug 13 with 904 viewssaint68

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:34 - Aug 13 by saint22

100% THIS
OH and buy a decent fkn CB this week no matter the cost

Kotchap shows promise...another wiser head to accompany him would be not only shrewd but a season changing acquisition..if Ralph doesn't coach the ability out of them though.

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:40 - Aug 13 with 905 viewsGRIM

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:16 - Aug 13 by Berber

The first half was mostly fairly even, though we hardly put anything really threatening together. Our defence was not too bad, except when individuals lost concentration, and that is really the story. Leeds were better disciplined, playing it out wide, side to side, and the first goal came from allowing them to overload on their left flank. The new lads all pretty much kept their games up to scratch. Old problems remain. Too often when p1ssing around at the back, it keeps getting passed to Salisu, with ever decreasing space to make a decent pass. There were chants from home fans of “You’re getting sacked in the morning,” at the half time whistle. I don’t think there were any who would disagree at that point.

Second half the subs brought a lot more energy and direct pressure, thank goodness, and we too started to use switches wide to great effect. Players were more snappy, and consequently, A Armstrong was able to use his quick turns and turn of pace. Whatever the reason, changes had to be made, and for once RH did it early enough to make a difference. He will no doubt say differently, but it looked like last throw of the dice. The new lads again did us credit. Let’s hope we don’t coach it out of them.

Djenepo did do a decent job today & was very dangerous going forward but he also looks very dodgy defending.
To be fair Djenepo has been very lively in all the games this season.
Stick to 4 at the back ( no Bednarek)
Get Perraud back in at Left back & play Djenepo in front of him.
The boys got us (& Ralph) out of a hole today just hope Ralph doesn't revert back to his crazy team selections next week.
Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:41 - Aug 13 with 884 viewsDorsetIan

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:16 - Aug 13 by Berber

I thought Djenepo flattered to deceive as usual.

Thing is he runs around so much and with lots of energy for 90 mins but the end product is rarely there.

You mention Salisu pissing around at the back but he kept finding Djenepo whose only idea was to pass it back to him.

Djenepo is simply not comfortable on the ball, despite all his attempted tricks and step-overs.

Pluses today were the new players and the fact that we can actually attack and score goals when we have enough attacking players on the pitch.

Negatives were the same scrappy play in the first half, with no real idea what we were trying to do tactically.

And the score. A draw defers RH’s inevitable departure but with only 1 point in compensation. I’d rather have had 0 with him gone tonight.

A better manager can shape these players into a team.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:43 - Aug 13 with 884 viewssaint68

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:40 - Aug 13 by GRIM

Djenepo did do a decent job today & was very dangerous going forward but he also looks very dodgy defending.
To be fair Djenepo has been very lively in all the games this season.
Stick to 4 at the back ( no Bednarek)
Get Perraud back in at Left back & play Djenepo in front of him.
The boys got us (& Ralph) out of a hole today just hope Ralph doesn't revert back to his crazy team selections next week.

Have to agree with that..he's not a defender by any means..but he wasn't bad at all today..

Expect Ralph to change at least 9 players for the next game ..#mastertactician

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:45 - Aug 13 with 882 viewskernow

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 18:57 - Aug 13 by saint68

https://www.google.com/search?q=hijo+de+puta+meaning+&client=ms-android-ee-uk-re

It's disdain.

Have a good day fortunate one.
Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:45 - Aug 13 with 883 views1885_SFC

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:16 - Aug 13 by Saintsforeverj

So far, I like the look of him, made some good saves. Gut feeling is he will develop into a good goalkeeper.

Snap. He's gonna become a top, top keeper I'm sure.

Old School is Cool

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:54 - Aug 13 with 863 viewssaint68

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:45 - Aug 13 by kernow

It's disdain.

Have a good day fortunate one.

Will do...maybe take your foot off the abuse peddle next time sweetheart X

Oh and do try harder to post inaccurate allegations about me in future...

Tonight's attempt just made you look bitter and nasty.

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 20:00 - Aug 13 with 853 viewshuelinsaint

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 18:57 - Aug 13 by saint68

It really isn't,Hijo=Son, De=of, Puta= Whore.
But to them it's equivalent to calling someone a Ffing c-unit
In English
I don't use Google translate hablo Castellano,me he llevado diez y siete años aquí en la península ibérica.
Debería hablar español con un buen nivel de fluidez después tantos años aquí,no ?😏
[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 20:05]
Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 20:08 - Aug 13 with 838 viewskernow

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 19:54 - Aug 13 by saint68

Will do...maybe take your foot off the abuse peddle next time sweetheart X

Oh and do try harder to post inaccurate allegations about me in future...

Tonight's attempt just made you look bitter and nasty.

Holds up mirror for saint68 to reflect and take a long hard look.

We've had this out before and you were the one to kick off with the personal attacks all those years ago. It's obviously been festering and frothing away in the sub conscious cloud.

Like I said you want to get nasty I don't mind but it's all a bit pathetic to attack strangers on a message board as any reasonable person would agree.

I'm sure as a Saints fan you're a decent chap, somewhat sensitive though. Sharing a pint might not be a good idea if you spoke to me like that face to face.
Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 20:16 - Aug 13 with 819 viewssaint68

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 20:00 - Aug 13 by huelinsaint

It really isn't,Hijo=Son, De=of, Puta= Whore.
But to them it's equivalent to calling someone a Ffing c-unit
In English
I don't use Google translate hablo Castellano,me he llevado diez y siete años aquí en la península ibérica.
Debería hablar español con un buen nivel de fluidez después tantos años aquí,no ?😏
[Post edited 13 Aug 2022 20:05]

It is varied in translation..thats a given..but nevertheless not a great way to address another poster...pinche chinga another one that is open to interpretation..seems innocuous in its own part but when used with venom or malicious intent becomes something rather more nasty...

Hence the reason it literally translates as muva fuka when directed with intent and ferocity..

Coupled with some pretty directed English insults that don't describe my anatomy correctly, then you could probably arrive at the same indicated insult I retorted to originally..still you Cornish boys stick together and cover each others asses.

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Aug 13 with 791 viewskernow

I was going to call you an a hole but thought that was a bit strong
Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 20:28 - Aug 13 with 782 viewssaint68

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 20:08 - Aug 13 by kernow

Holds up mirror for saint68 to reflect and take a long hard look.

We've had this out before and you were the one to kick off with the personal attacks all those years ago. It's obviously been festering and frothing away in the sub conscious cloud.

Like I said you want to get nasty I don't mind but it's all a bit pathetic to attack strangers on a message board as any reasonable person would agree.

I'm sure as a Saints fan you're a decent chap, somewhat sensitive though. Sharing a pint might not be a good idea if you spoke to me like that face to face.

"Cheers for the comments.
As for the rest of your diatribe, shove it up your fat, hairy , sweaty crack."....this is from you...no insults there hey!!!

You asked for a synopsis..I gave that to you despite your barbed comments in that original post...it also echoes other posts from other posters this evening.

Please do try harder in future.

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 20:30 - Aug 13 with 780 viewshuelinsaint

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 20:16 - Aug 13 by saint68

It is varied in translation..thats a given..but nevertheless not a great way to address another poster...pinche chinga another one that is open to interpretation..seems innocuous in its own part but when used with venom or malicious intent becomes something rather more nasty...

Hence the reason it literally translates as muva fuka when directed with intent and ferocity..

Coupled with some pretty directed English insults that don't describe my anatomy correctly, then you could probably arrive at the same indicated insult I retorted to originally..still you Cornish boys stick together and cover each others asses.

What makes you think I'm Cornish?
Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 20:30 - Aug 13 with 779 viewssaint68

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Aug 13 by kernow

I was going to call you an a hole but thought that was a bit strong

For giving you an honest appraisal of our performance today..

You have issues.

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Aug 13 with 778 viewsPoirot

Uncomfortable photo of the day.................

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 20:32 - Aug 13 with 776 viewsStAnt

Saints V Leeds United Matchday Thread on 17:45 - Aug 13 by inthebox

Interesting quote from RH, ask about the magical pass from Mara RH said he hadn't seen him do that in sessions. Perhaps RH relies too much on how the players perform in training sessions. I can imagine George Best didn't waste his time doing those amazing floating runs in sessions but Matt Busby knew that he had it in him.

This is typical Ralph deflecting critics who might dare to question why he didn't pick Mara last week or start him today - what he's saying loud and clear is it's Mara's fault for not doing something in training. This is patent nonsense as training games have no resemblance to matches. Yet another cop out from Teflon Ralph.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024