Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 16:49 - Feb 15 with 21215 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the meeting of two teams. The teams are known to everyone, some don’t care, most will possibly. It’s a bit like the Spanish inquisition without the Spanish who don’t inquire. Bastille ? Is that ok ? Who cares ? Ollie Mc street fighter might be there, Brewster millions where ever he is might appear. There will be a ball and men, it’s the men that make the difference as long as they have a ball.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57062/the-rest-of-februa

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57065/sheffield-united-b

Sheffield United: Wes Foderingham, George Baldock, John Fleck, Chris Basham, Sander Berge, Billy Sharp (captain), John Egan, Oliver Norwood, Jack Robinson, Morgan Gibbs-White, Rhys Norrington-Davies.

Substitutes: Adam Davies, Oli McBurnie, Ben Davies, Conor Hourihane, Charlie Goode, Iliman Ndiaye, Daniel Jebbison.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Finley Burns, Ben Cabango, Ryan Manning; Cyrus Christie, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Joel Latibeaudiere; Olivier Ntcham, Jamie Paterson, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Michael Obafemi, Kyle Joseph, Yan Dhanda.

There could be more to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:19 - Feb 19 with 1317 viewspencoedjack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:09 - Feb 19 by max936

Ain't seen the game, been out for a pint for first time in ages so ain't gonna comment, except to say that today held very little expectation for me, although 4-0 is a major arse kicking, at the end of the day we are where we are.

Major changes needed throughout the whole Club.

Good choice Max 👍
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:25 - Feb 19 with 1269 viewsmax936

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:19 - Feb 19 by pencoedjack

Good choice Max 👍

I enjoyed it Pen, home now though watching the Ospreys now gluten for punishment me

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:27 - Feb 19 with 1265 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:46 - Feb 19 by AndyCole

This.

Simplz.

Along with the awol, unthinking happy clappers.

Proper Perception. Is a gift, of the few.

Happy clapper present here.
Except not happy and definitely not clapping
All genuine fans are gutted tonight not gloating.
They are easy to spot.
They are the ones whose user names are not chosen for example after ex Manure players

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:27 - Feb 19 with 1250 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:25 - Feb 19 by max936

I enjoyed it Pen, home now though watching the Ospreys now gluten for punishment me

Seem to have missed that Ste

Next week gonna be painful

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:29 - Feb 19 with 1255 viewsEagleEye

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:42 - Feb 19 by guthrieintherain

How many times can we put in performances like this Martin is not untouchable.

I have backed him all season but Cooper got pelters from all angles after 2 play off finishes.

Fans are allowed to ask questions today was not acceptable nor was Stoke or Hull.

We are not progressing.

Not saying sack him but he needs to adapt that's what decent managers do.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 23:34]

Serious question: How many games or how much time do you think he should have before you would be happy to say he is adapting ?

We are going backwards or as you say not progressing. Todays performance is closer to the norm, our new level. The wins against a poor Bristol side, a poor Preston, clinging on against Blackburn are just papering over the cracks. Most people can see this now. It’s hard to believe that the coach was a central defender who played in the PL, played for Rangers & Scotland. Our defence is an absolute shambles & are not good enough to play out from the back every single time the keeper has the ball. Why can’t he see that ?
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:30 - Feb 19 with 1242 viewsmax936

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:11 - Feb 19 by onehunglow

Might be getting lab,Ste.
Given up on a Mali

Koi you want a nice and simple hobby, not

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:31 - Feb 19 with 1240 viewsReslovenSwan1

The back three a 21 year old still developing, an 18 year old in his second senior game and a midfield player. Should anyone be surprised. Three rookies.

The Sunderland manage got sacked after a 6-0 thrashing using an 18 year old centre back from Man City called Doyle.

Play one rookie or even two but not three with Bennett on the bench,

Wise sage since Toshack era

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:33 - Feb 19 with 1229 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:29 - Feb 19 by EagleEye

Serious question: How many games or how much time do you think he should have before you would be happy to say he is adapting ?

We are going backwards or as you say not progressing. Todays performance is closer to the norm, our new level. The wins against a poor Bristol side, a poor Preston, clinging on against Blackburn are just papering over the cracks. Most people can see this now. It’s hard to believe that the coach was a central defender who played in the PL, played for Rangers & Scotland. Our defence is an absolute shambles & are not good enough to play out from the back every single time the keeper has the ball. Why can’t he see that ?

I believe we have the players t do ok

Certainly not Fisher though who is a bad debt.A calamitous decision and a player that will be a millstone for us.Nobody else will buy him at a profit for us. Like Grimes really.

We simply need organising and motivating but our play has to change completely. It can be done and quickly too. I simply means dumping Martin NOW

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:35 - Feb 19 with 1228 viewsTreforys_Jack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:29 - Feb 19 by EagleEye

Regarding your first paragraph, a shallow improvement curve would suffice,.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:39 - Feb 19 with 1190 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:31 - Feb 19 by ReslovenSwan1

The back three a 21 year old still developing, an 18 year old in his second senior game and a midfield player. Should anyone be surprised. Three rookies.

The Sunderland manage got sacked after a 6-0 thrashing using an 18 year old centre back from Man City called Doyle.

Play one rookie or even two but not three with Bennett on the bench,

So why get a 18 yr old kid in.
Today he marked Billy Sharp ,a tough 36 year old who had him in his pocket

Why do we do this

Simple question

Frankly,in our situation,we should be looking to loan in proven pros who can do a job and not injured for a start. Martin has done this

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:41 - Feb 19 with 1194 viewsmax936

Trust Gibbs-White to turn up today and kick us in the unmentionables,

How did we do from 1-11 today, Fisher young Burns to Piroe ???

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:42 - Feb 19 with 1193 viewsshingle

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:09 - Feb 19 by sw02sea

I honestly fear for our future if you consider this charlatan, completely conned our glorious Yankee owners in the first place.
They obviously didn’t do their proper due diligence on a manager who’s previous 2 seasons, managed to finish 19th and 13th.
Since his leaving MK dons, they are now 3rd in the league, speaks volumes about the tw@t !
The emperor is now naked for all to see.
Mr Martin, we are not stupid, and we have seen straight through you, and your “master plan A”
I’m only hoping the Yanks are not as stupid as I thought they were about football, otherwise as I said I really fear about our future.
MARTIN OUT! ! ! ! !

When you say not stupid and can see straight through him have you not been reading the comments on here alone by those who have backed RM to the hilt, in fact many of these types still believe it is a work in process and given time this clown will guide us to better days.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:42 - Feb 19 with 1179 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:41 - Feb 19 by max936

Trust Gibbs-White to turn up today and kick us in the unmentionables,

How did we do from 1-11 today, Fisher young Burns to Piroe ???

Sheete

Shut your eyes and imagine

Burns versus the old sweat that is Billy Sharpe. Blades had a load of injuries too up front.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:44 - Feb 19 with 1174 viewsAndyCole

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:39 - Feb 19 by onehunglow

Why do we do this

Simple question

Frankly,in our situation,we should be looking to loan in proven pros who can do a job and not injured for a start. Martin has done this

Martin picking Cabango as CB is a last ditch attempt at appeasing the local Cabango faithful.

Burns already looks head n shoulders to grab the CB berth whilst Naughts is absent.

Blimey, on reflection, that last sentence: us relying on Naughts at the heart of our defence. How far have we fallen under Martine ?

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:50 - Feb 19 with 1167 viewsshingle

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:01 - Feb 19 by guthrieintherain

You have had it in for him virtually before a ball was kicked.

The difference between you and many on here myself included is I want what's best for Swanssa City.

All this Martin haters and Martin defenders is nonsense.

Opinions change from game to game.

You are entrenched and just want to be proved right.

That's why you disappear when we win.

He can not disappear to often then.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:00 - Feb 19 with 1135 viewsTreforys_Jack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:50 - Feb 19 by shingle

He can not disappear to often then.

All the more noticeable when he does then, not the only one mind.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:01 - Feb 19 with 1135 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:01 - Feb 19 by guthrieintherain

You have had it in for him virtually before a ball was kicked.

The difference between you and many on here myself included is I want what's best for Swanssa City.

All this Martin haters and Martin defenders is nonsense.

Opinions change from game to game.

You are entrenched and just want to be proved right.

That's why you disappear when we win.

Excellent post

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:05 - Feb 19 with 1115 viewsBadlands

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:02 - Feb 19 by AndyCole

Bennett for Cabango - our weakest link - and The Blades know it

Oba for Ntcham - not at the races, and Piroe disaffected so why no Oba from the start ?

Fulton for Downs - to get on the front foot - Downs offers nothing, and another weak link targeted by the Blades

Martin - wtf ?

Independent view

BEN CABANGO — Star Man 6

The pick of the bunch defensively. Some important clearances and interceptions to ensure the score wasn’t even worse.

https://jaunenglish.com/2022/02/19/the-awful-swansea-city-player-ratings-as-pass

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:10 - Feb 19 with 1095 viewsshingle

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:00 - Feb 19 by Treforys_Jack

All the more noticeable when he does then, not the only one mind.

Still it is a shame he does not disappear more often but we would need to win more often for that to be the case, so judging by the amount of games we lose he is going to not disappear very often, in fact he will probably be on here even more as the RM managerial reign continues.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:12 - Feb 19 with 1083 viewsswan65split

Creeeeeaaaak. Doors open, ive been left out.

One of, if not the worst performance so far,

Bar for the 2nd goal, we gave away the rest, again as I said last week we are so slow to start, got caught again , and nearly the same in the second half.

Looks like we were lacking speed, fitness, ideas , slick passing, some even confidence. Utd were all over the pitch, their play was to capitalise on our errors with speed , yet again, they played the left flank early on, oh for a Bidwell type huh?

Couple of dirty tricks on their half as well, little digs and I am sure if one of our players put a tackle in like the Utd player did , hed be off.

Something's not right, what's amiss there in the camp?

Anyone hear the call on radio Wales after the game , from a woman fan on the bus making her way back? 16 hours , 16 long hours!!! day trip to follow the Swans, and how much££££££.

We /they deserve better than this.

Creaaaaak click.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:16 - Feb 19 with 1067 viewsswan65split

jUST TAKE A look at their 4th goal, 4 -5 players around him , just standing there, no heart, no commitment, no desire today, why?
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:25 - Feb 19 with 1044 viewsSirjohnalot

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:01 - Feb 19 by STID2017

Excellent post

I’m neither majorly pro or anti Martin

Let’s say that he is sacked tonight, what happens ?

He and his staff will have to be paid compensation diminishing the limited funds we already have at our disposal.
We then will have to try to get a new team in place. We struggled to get anyone in over the summer. It would be even harder now.

Irrespective of what we think of him at the moment, it would not make financial business sense to get rid of the way things stand. If someone is brought in, as he was, with a project in mind, it is going to take time.

It likely that the club will give him to Christmas to see where we are.

Sacking before then will make other managers extremely weary.

We were dreadful today, but we’re in a difficult position with little alternative options.

Martin out ? Who next ?
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:40 - Feb 19 with 993 viewsSTID2017

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:25 - Feb 19 by Sirjohnalot

I’m neither majorly pro or anti Martin

Let’s say that he is sacked tonight, what happens ?

He and his staff will have to be paid compensation diminishing the limited funds we already have at our disposal.
We then will have to try to get a new team in place. We struggled to get anyone in over the summer. It would be even harder now.

Irrespective of what we think of him at the moment, it would not make financial business sense to get rid of the way things stand. If someone is brought in, as he was, with a project in mind, it is going to take time.

It likely that the club will give him to Christmas to see where we are.

Sacking before then will make other managers extremely weary.

We were dreadful today, but we’re in a difficult position with little alternative options.

Martin out ? Who next ?

My view exactly.
We are in for the long run with Martin, and personally I don't believe the Yanks will sack him as they won't want to waste more money.
I question his tactics and team selection atm, but feel we have no choice but to get behind him

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:43 - Feb 19 with 982 viewsSirjohnalot

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:40 - Feb 19 by STID2017

My view exactly.
We are in for the long run with Martin, and personally I don't believe the Yanks will sack him as they won't want to waste more money.
I question his tactics and team selection atm, but feel we have no choice but to get behind him

Whatever the Americans have or haven’t done they’ve made us financially stable. Can you imagine being in this position but with poor finances ?
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:53 - Feb 19 with 921 viewskrunchykarrot

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:39 - Feb 19 by onehunglow

Why do we do this

Simple question

"Frankly,in our situation,we should be looking to loan in proven pros who can do a job and not injured for a start. Martin has done this"

Disagree OHL, we need some experience i agree but Bennet cannot play in this system and is slow. I dont think buying in proven players for a promotion tilt on the budget we have is possible. Younger players like Downes and Piroe need ideentifying so i would think our scouting system needs to be looked at and beefed up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024