Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inexperience 16:55 - Feb 29 with 7229 viewsdickythorpe

Speechless!!! Why does it keep on happening?
Inexperience on 17:58 - Feb 29 with 1697 viewsskettyparkherbert

Inexperience on 17:48 - Feb 29 by grabsplatter

We were comfortable & in control until he went unnecessarily defensive & gave them a way back into the match
Cooper threw away 2 points today

He's thrown many more than a couple of points away, he is well into double figures plus now?

When we are watching the live scores on Gillette soccer saturday or even watching them live, as a fan you just know what is coming, and that was exactly how it played out again today.

Same old, same old.
Inexperience on 18:08 - Feb 29 with 1666 viewsmonmouth

Inexperience on 17:54 - Feb 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Not even close. Shocking tactics allowing Blackburn to pump endless balls into our box with all the pressure that comes with it - bad luck doesn’t come into it.

Same thing happens in every game we are ahead. The only luck involved is the russian roullette of will we get shot in the head. Fact is, his tactics are loading four or five chambers when they could load one or two. We got away with it against Charlo, Luton and Hudds in the end, plus Boro and a few others, but the chickens are coming home to roost now.

Does he learn? Does the football really improve? Do the players gain confidence? Are the players more motivated? Has any player's skill level improved? Of course not. He's a load of old cod.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Inexperience on 18:16 - Feb 29 with 1616 viewsCaptain_Sham

This is the first time I can remember when its(conceding so late) happened this often. We have had the odd instance where it happened twice in a row. I cant recall three times in consecutive away games, and four blown results in five. Its endemic.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 18:17]

Its just a ride.

Inexperience on 18:17 - Feb 29 with 1610 viewsFlashberryjack

"Speechless!!! Why does it keep on happening?"

Probably because we have a decent enough team of players, coached by an incompetent and inept manager.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Inexperience on 18:23 - Feb 29 with 1588 viewsCaptain_Sham

So its down to bad luck according to Cooper.

Its just a ride.

Inexperience on 18:29 - Feb 29 with 1579 viewsHeadmaster

Inexperience on 18:23 - Feb 29 by Captain_Sham

Off he goes again with his "non negotiables" nonsense.

Get Laudrup back I say, no coaching is better than bad coaching
Inexperience on 18:29 - Feb 29 with 1572 viewsexiledclaseboy

Inexperience on 18:23 - Feb 29 by Captain_Sham

Our bad luck that he’s the manager.

Poll: Tory leader

Inexperience on 18:39 - Feb 29 with 1538 viewsFireboy2

We should have been out of sight, you cannot blame the players, they gave their all, ayew as per, rodon and cabango for staving away cross after cross, grimes and fulton who both had good games and especially gallagher who was non stop in the second half.

The manager? What's he supposed to do? Put an attacking player on when we are 1 goal up, as coops has stated he would have been slated if we had lost.

I put it down to one of the things that happen when you are one goal up, its psychological, as time ticks down you go deeper and deeper which allows the oppo to pump crosses into the box, which made it come down to the laws of averages.

And fwiw i went so it was double hard for me to take but 10 mins after the game ends I just forget about it as sh!t like this used to ruin my weekend so I just dont let it get to me and everyone should do the same.
Login to get fewer ads

Inexperience on 19:32 - Feb 29 with 1469 viewsWarwickHunt

Leon would have been on the edge of the box picking up the ball, or at worst closing down the player and stopping the shot for the second goal.

Doesn’t matter how many defenders you have in the box if they’re all in a line with fûck all in front of them for twenty yards.

A proper, experienced DM would transform this team. How long have we all been saying it?
Inexperience on 20:14 - Feb 29 with 1414 viewstheloneranger

Inexperience on 19:32 - Feb 29 by WarwickHunt

Leon would have been on the edge of the box picking up the ball, or at worst closing down the player and stopping the shot for the second goal.

Doesn’t matter how many defenders you have in the box if they’re all in a line with fûck all in front of them for twenty yards.

A proper, experienced DM would transform this team. How long have we all been saying it?

I lost count how many times we booted the ball up field in those last 7 mins where Blackburn picked it up and passed it out to Downing on their right. He then came inside on his left foot and had all the time in the world to pick out a cross into our box. Bradley Johnson had the freedom of the pitch outside our box with no pressure on him when picking up any loose balls or passes ... I thought Johnson was lucky to stay on the pitch when he led with his forearm, and had no intention of winning the ball.

Ayew had run his race and was neither marking anyone or picking up any passes out on our left. Surely Kalulu and our 3rd sub would have been a better out ball with fresh legs and plenty of pace to worry Blackburn in those final minutes.

Once again our game management from the touchline is sorely lacking ... Cooper just standing on the touchline with his hands in his pockets and no leadership on the pitch.

We also missed Gallagher big time when he was subbed.

As you said, what a difference an experienced DM would make to this young team.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Inexperience on 21:53 - Feb 29 with 1345 viewsSwanski

Inexperience on 17:04 - Feb 29 by Jackfath

I think the players gave their all and played their hearts out today. I'm not going to criticise as it's all to easy to do that.

Agree totally. The lads had to pick themselves off the floor mid week, so as much as i am disappointed with the result they gave their all. Heart breaking for the team. Lot of what ifs over the last few weeks. We are a young team and we must remember that. They will learn and bounce back
Inexperience on 22:02 - Feb 29 with 1331 viewssainthelens

Inexperience on 21:53 - Feb 29 by Swanski

Agree totally. The lads had to pick themselves off the floor mid week, so as much as i am disappointed with the result they gave their all. Heart breaking for the team. Lot of what ifs over the last few weeks. We are a young team and we must remember that. They will learn and bounce back

Don't get sucked in. They won't get a chance to bounce back, the loan signings won't be here, and the likes of Rodon sold on.
Inexperience on 22:07 - Feb 29 with 1328 viewsNeathJack

Inexperience on 18:39 - Feb 29 by Fireboy2

We should have been out of sight, you cannot blame the players, they gave their all, ayew as per, rodon and cabango for staving away cross after cross, grimes and fulton who both had good games and especially gallagher who was non stop in the second half.

The manager? What's he supposed to do? Put an attacking player on when we are 1 goal up, as coops has stated he would have been slated if we had lost.

I put it down to one of the things that happen when you are one goal up, its psychological, as time ticks down you go deeper and deeper which allows the oppo to pump crosses into the box, which made it come down to the laws of averages.

And fwiw i went so it was double hard for me to take but 10 mins after the game ends I just forget about it as sh!t like this used to ruin my weekend so I just dont let it get to me and everyone should do the same.

Did Cooper actually say that about putting on an attacking player?

That says it all really. I've literally lost count of the number of goals we've conceded in the last 5 minutes of games this season by sitting back and inviting pressure.

At some point, and it should have been well before now, the manager has to look at himself and his tactics ask realise what he's doing is completely the wrong thing. The fact he still doesn't understand that does not bode well for him, or us.
Inexperience on 22:26 - Feb 29 with 1294 viewsFireboy2

Inexperience on 22:07 - Feb 29 by NeathJack

That says it all really. I've literally lost count of the number of goals we've conceded in the last 5 minutes of games this season by sitting back and inviting pressure.

At some point, and it should have been well before now, the manager has to look at himself and his tactics ask realise what he's doing is completely the wrong thing. The fact he still doesn't understand that does not bode well for him, or us.

No not cooper the ugly manager, coops from the forum.
Inexperience on 07:41 - Mar 1 with 1172 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cooper said in his post match interview that the subs were to add height (to cope with the aerial onslaught).

If the m*nge had put more positive subs on as a team we would have been further up the pitch and no such aerial bombardment would have occurred. In that interview he wasn’t challenged about dropping too deep which was a shame because he may just have twigged what a clusterf*ck of a strategy that really was.

No brains or tactical awareness. We might as well get shot, he’s on a pittance anyway as a YTS manager.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 7:42]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Inexperience on 08:31 - Mar 1 with 1137 viewsBillyChong

Inexperience on 07:41 - Mar 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Cooper said in his post match interview that the subs were to add height (to cope with the aerial onslaught).

If the m*nge had put more positive subs on as a team we would have been further up the pitch and no such aerial bombardment would have occurred. In that interview he wasn’t challenged about dropping too deep which was a shame because he may just have twigged what a clusterf*ck of a strategy that really was.

No brains or tactical awareness. We might as well get shot, he’s on a pittance anyway as a YTS manager.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 7:42]

Cooper won’t be going anywhere soon. We are in a perfect position for the yanks and Birch - maintaining an average league position whilst cutting costs/squad quality. The last thing they want to do is replace Cooper with a manager with previous nouse of the transfer market who will want money to spend. The owners will settle for a mediocre season after a summer of little expenditure and further loans. Cooper will still be here this time next season unless we are at risk of relegation.
Inexperience on 09:35 - Mar 1 with 1116 viewsTimTtam

We've conceded in the 94th+ minute in 3 of our last 4 games. Here's a hypothetical. Had Cooper not made attacking subs against Huddersfield (the other one), what are the chances Huddersfield would've equalised in stoppage time for 2-2? We iced that game because Garrick was on, and he got free and put us 2 ahead.

1 game of not sitting back: 3-1 win & 0 stoppage time goals conceded
3 games of sitting back: 4-4 draw, 0-1 loss, 2-2 draw & 3 stoppage time goals conceded

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Inexperience on 09:45 - Mar 1 with 1102 viewsDr_Winston

It's such an obviously bad thing to do it's amazing that it happens at any level of football, let alone the second tier under someone who is apparently a highly rated coach.

Clearly the team behind is going to try and throw everything into late attacks. The absolute worst thing you can do is to sit deep and encourage them on, yet we keep doing it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Inexperience on 10:11 - Mar 1 with 1073 viewsjacabertawe

Inexperience on 09:45 - Mar 1 by Dr_Winston

It's such an obviously bad thing to do it's amazing that it happens at any level of football, let alone the second tier under someone who is apparently a highly rated coach.

Clearly the team behind is going to try and throw everything into late attacks. The absolute worst thing you can do is to sit deep and encourage them on, yet we keep doing it.

Strangely, it does remind me somewhat of getting the first punch landed in a scrap and then standing back while the opponent beats the hell out of you and waiting for the knockout blow.
This is basic stuff, so why do we carry on doing it under Cooper? Rhetorical question!

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Inexperience on 10:16 - Mar 1 with 1069 viewsploppy

Cooper can't win in this situation. Garrick is being managed back from injury - Cooper mentioned in his Swans TV pre-match interview how many hamstrings he's had in the last couple of years - so he was never going to play 90mins (plus he was pretty average). Kalulu is also being managed back - Cooper also mentioned that 3 games in 9 days is a lot for him at the moment. So he brings on CR, who at least has enough energy to play as a winger even if he isn't one. People have been calling for Wilmot to play the DM role so what was wrong with that substitution? On Wednesday Cooper was criticised for not using a substitution to break up play at the end. This time he's criticised for making a substitution and breaking up play. And I don't buy the Rodon/Cabango love fest. Rodon's heading out sometimes is really poor and he was at fault for the penalty - although it was soft as hell. Cabango was at fault for their first goal - just lost his man completely (probably ball-watching) and if he hadn't headed the ball past Woodman (a shot which Woodman could otherwise have put up his jumper), we'd have won. On Wednesday you could say we were naive in chasing a winning goal at the end, which left a couple of players stranded upfield. Against Hull and Blackburn (and Huddersfield) we've ended up defending deep and paid the price. I'm not a huge fan of Cooper but I don't get why he's taking so much flak at the moment. There's not enough old heads running the show on the field. I guess we have to blame someone though.
Inexperience on 10:28 - Mar 1 with 1047 viewsFireboy2

Inexperience on 10:16 - Mar 1 by ploppy

Cooper can't win in this situation. Garrick is being managed back from injury - Cooper mentioned in his Swans TV pre-match interview how many hamstrings he's had in the last couple of years - so he was never going to play 90mins (plus he was pretty average). Kalulu is also being managed back - Cooper also mentioned that 3 games in 9 days is a lot for him at the moment. So he brings on CR, who at least has enough energy to play as a winger even if he isn't one. People have been calling for Wilmot to play the DM role so what was wrong with that substitution? On Wednesday Cooper was criticised for not using a substitution to break up play at the end. This time he's criticised for making a substitution and breaking up play. And I don't buy the Rodon/Cabango love fest. Rodon's heading out sometimes is really poor and he was at fault for the penalty - although it was soft as hell. Cabango was at fault for their first goal - just lost his man completely (probably ball-watching) and if he hadn't headed the ball past Woodman (a shot which Woodman could otherwise have put up his jumper), we'd have won. On Wednesday you could say we were naive in chasing a winning goal at the end, which left a couple of players stranded upfield. Against Hull and Blackburn (and Huddersfield) we've ended up defending deep and paid the price. I'm not a huge fan of Cooper but I don't get why he's taking so much flak at the moment. There's not enough old heads running the show on the field. I guess we have to blame someone though.

Great post.

We all get wound up after some games and as you say look for something or someone to blame.

I do feel for cooper sometimes, as you say whatever he does he cant win but what does make my sh!t itch is when he doesnt make substitutions when things arent going right or when some players are tiring.

I think considering his experience and the players he had before dealing in the loan market hes doing well, we arent going down, the trouble is what is going to happen next season? Are the club going to back him with letting sign experienced championship players or is he going to have to get young loan signings.
Inexperience on 10:52 - Mar 1 with 1015 viewsdameedna

Charlton have picked up eleven points in their last ten games since we beat them.

In the last ten games we have also picked up eleven points. Could be wrong but it is very close for sure.

Charlton have taken a point off WBA and three off Forest in those ten games.

Chalrlton started well but when we beat them away they had a horrendous run that resulted in Gallager leaving.

Since we have had the three amigos our results are on par with Charlton. Firmly lower half and the new players have done little to change the pattern yet.

However we have played better in the last five games of the ten and there does seem a real fight with Brewster and Gallagher continuing to drive forward and at times link well with Garrick and Ayew.

On the field it is like Custer's last stand at times, with King Canute on the touchline.

It wouldnt surprise me if we get a draw off West Brom. Keep the momentum going even though it looks we are running uphill for half the game at least.
Inexperience on 11:05 - Mar 1 with 993 viewsploppy

Inexperience on 10:28 - Mar 1 by Fireboy2

Great post.

We all get wound up after some games and as you say look for something or someone to blame.

I do feel for cooper sometimes, as you say whatever he does he cant win but what does make my sh!t itch is when he doesnt make substitutions when things arent going right or when some players are tiring.

I think considering his experience and the players he had before dealing in the loan market hes doing well, we arent going down, the trouble is what is going to happen next season? Are the club going to back him with letting sign experienced championship players or is he going to have to get young loan signings.

His substitutions, or lack of, at time are strange I admit. It's not often a team doesn't use its 3 subs but we've done that numerous times.

With regard to next season, unfortunately we're stuck. We were never going to go balls out for promotion by spending, in case it backfired. Then we'd be in an even worse position than we are now. If a miracle happens and we do go up this season then I don't we have the squad, or the playing style, to stay up. So that would take money. I guess all we can hope is that there's not a huge cull in the summer and that some of our loanees (and we know which ones we want!) would like to come back here. I guess what I'm saying is we can't worry about next season.
Inexperience on 11:07 - Mar 1 with 987 viewsBadlands

Inexperience on 10:52 - Mar 1 by dameedna

Charlton have picked up eleven points in their last ten games since we beat them.

In the last ten games we have also picked up eleven points. Could be wrong but it is very close for sure.

Charlton have taken a point off WBA and three off Forest in those ten games.

Chalrlton started well but when we beat them away they had a horrendous run that resulted in Gallager leaving.

Since we have had the three amigos our results are on par with Charlton. Firmly lower half and the new players have done little to change the pattern yet.

However we have played better in the last five games of the ten and there does seem a real fight with Brewster and Gallagher continuing to drive forward and at times link well with Garrick and Ayew.

On the field it is like Custer's last stand at times, with King Canute on the touchline.

It wouldnt surprise me if we get a draw off West Brom. Keep the momentum going even though it looks we are running uphill for half the game at least.

I'll keep saying - Cooper is Monk mark 2.
For him it's about blaming others when things aren't good but taking the fist pumping salutes when we win.
Style, tactics and understanding have gone out of the window and been replaced by stodge, rigidity and hope.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Inexperience on 11:11 - Mar 1 with 982 views34dfgdf54

Inexperience on 11:07 - Mar 1 by Badlands

I'll keep saying - Cooper is Monk mark 2.
For him it's about blaming others when things aren't good but taking the fist pumping salutes when we win.
Style, tactics and understanding have gone out of the window and been replaced by stodge, rigidity and hope.

To be honest it’s hard to disagree but I’m sure Norwich fans were saying similar in regards to Farke in his first season. I’m clinging on to the hope Cooper can do something similar, as he is going to be here regardless of what anyone says on here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024