Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shooting practice 20:50 - Jan 19 with 2814 viewsBDS

Did anyone else notice how bad our players are during pre-match shooting practice? Ten to fifteen minute practice and there can’t have been more than fifteen to twenty percent on target and probably only a quarter of those scoring. Surely professional football players should be hitting the target from ten yards completely unopposed.
Great win today but thank heavens that chance came inside the six yard box.
Shooting practice on 20:54 - Jan 19 with 2798 viewsdickythorpe

It took us 42 mins to shoot on goal today and that was off target!!!

Seriously pre match warm ups don't bother me. It's just a warm up and many do things they wouldn't dream of doing in a match.
Shooting practice on 21:44 - Jan 19 with 2700 viewsAguycalledJack

It’s been crap for about 5 years.
Shooting practice on 22:52 - Jan 19 with 2613 viewsGlastonbury

Shooting practice on 20:54 - Jan 19 by dickythorpe

It took us 42 mins to shoot on goal today and that was off target!!!

Seriously pre match warm ups don't bother me. It's just a warm up and many do things they wouldn't dream of doing in a match.

It should bother you mate. Our shooting is awful. We like to walk the ball in. Players should be practising shooting from 20/25 yards for an hour a day if I was the gaffer
Shooting practice on 09:18 - Jan 20 with 2463 viewsbluenile

Shooting practice on 22:52 - Jan 19 by Glastonbury

It should bother you mate. Our shooting is awful. We like to walk the ball in. Players should be practising shooting from 20/25 yards for an hour a day if I was the gaffer

The guy who sits next to me in the East stand told me about it, as I took my seat quite late. He said they were struggling to hit the target. Must be true. Maybe Potter told them to miss deliberately to fool the opposition, especially if Bielsa had sent a 'spy'

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Shooting practice on 10:34 - Jan 20 with 2405 viewsdickythorpe

Shooting practice on 22:52 - Jan 19 by Glastonbury

I've gone on this season about who is really looking at our weaknesses and are we working on them in training.
We can see it so surely Potter, Billy Reid still all can see it too?

Pre match practice at 2pm really is just to get the blood flowing through the muscles.
You see cricketers play touch rugby or soccer these days as a warm up.
Shooting practice on 13:49 - Jan 20 with 2308 viewsBadlands

YES

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Shooting practice on 20:53 - Jan 20 with 2209 viewsBDS

2pm warm up practice or not I saw eight out of ten six year olds hit the target against Cyril without much warm up
Shooting practice on 22:16 - Jan 20 with 2159 viewsLoyal

Seven goals in two away games, a goal away last week away for a point, and one yesterday to beat an automatic promotion contender, good enough for me.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Shooting practice on 11:00 - Jan 21 with 2062 viewsJinxy

Not as easy as it looks mind, the idea is to hit the edges of the target to beat the keeper. Lame excuse I know.
Shooting practice on 20:46 - Jan 24 with 1869 viewsBadlands

Under 23s are much the same.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Shooting practice on 21:14 - Jan 24 with 1855 viewsElmo

Shooting practice on 10:34 - Jan 20 by dickythorpe

I've gone on this season about who is really looking at our weaknesses and are we working on them in training.
We can see it so surely Potter, Billy Reid still all can see it too?

Pre match practice at 2pm really is just to get the blood flowing through the muscles.
You see cricketers play touch rugby or soccer these days as a warm up.

In my experience the warm-up is also about focusing and honing. Shooting practice is an absolute must and has been sorely lacking for some time.

Some of us would look forward to watching the likes of Gylfi fire them in with precision and pace. The players would visibly get a buzz.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024