Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Autophagy 20:26 - Aug 23 with 6890 viewspeenemunde

The secret to a long life and will ward off many, many diseases.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 20:28]
Autophagy on 13:44 - Aug 24 with 1581 viewspeenemunde

Autophagy on 13:30 - Aug 24 by WarwickHunt

*you've*

Give up, dickbrain - it's embarrassing now...

Didn’t realise I was in an exam at school.
Do you have some kind of fetish about being a school teacher ?
Very worrying🤣
Autophagy on 13:49 - Aug 24 with 1578 viewsCatullus

Autophagy on 21:13 - Aug 23 by peenemunde

Cancer cells cannot survive when your body is fuelled by Ketones.

Too many Ketones can lead to dehydration and alter the chemical balane of your blood. Before fasting you should seek your doctors advice.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Autophagy on 14:02 - Aug 24 with 1561 viewsProfessor

Autophagy on 13:49 - Aug 24 by Catullus

Too many Ketones can lead to dehydration and alter the chemical balane of your blood. Before fasting you should seek your doctors advice.

Can also lead to renal damage-in an effort to clear the ketones
Autophagy on 14:10 - Aug 24 with 1551 viewspeenemunde

Autophagy on 13:49 - Aug 24 by Catullus

To many ? Could you explain how many is to many.
Autophagy on 14:15 - Aug 24 with 1538 viewsCatullus

Autophagy on 14:10 - Aug 24 by peenemunde

Google it, I did.....
"Between 1.5 and 3.0 mmol/L may be at risk for developing ketoacidosis. More than 3.0 mmol/L Requires immediate emergency treatment"

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Autophagy on 14:17 - Aug 24 with 1538 viewspeenemunde

Autophagy on 14:02 - Aug 24 by Professor

Can also lead to renal damage-in an effort to clear the ketones

The body is designed to run off Ketones.
If it wasn’t and had only to rely on carbohydrates, the chances are the human race would have already died off.
Autophagy on 14:19 - Aug 24 with 1536 viewsWarwickHunt

Autophagy on 14:10 - Aug 24 by peenemunde

Here you go, thicko.

Autophagy on 14:22 - Aug 24 with 1534 viewspeenemunde

Autophagy on 14:19 - Aug 24 by WarwickHunt

Here you go, thicko.

Maybe you should get a job as a school teacher, then again probably not a good idea 🤫
Login to get fewer ads

Autophagy on 14:34 - Aug 24 with 1519 viewsProfessor

Autophagy on 14:17 - Aug 24 by peenemunde

The body is designed to run off Ketones.
If it wasn’t and had only to rely on carbohydrates, the chances are the human race would have already died off.

Claptrap and pseudoscience

The body and respiration is based on breaking down all food to glucose from which energy is derived. Ketones are a secondary (emergency) metabolite. The body evolved (it is not designed) as using glucose as its primary carbon source. Digestion converts fats and proteins to carbohydrate for energy and uses other parts for development, cell replacement etc. Long term ketosis is not clever
Autophagy on 14:47 - Aug 24 with 1497 viewsWarwickHunt

Autophagy on 14:34 - Aug 24 by Professor

The body and respiration is based on breaking down all food to glucose from which energy is derived. Ketones are a secondary (emergency) metabolite. The body evolved (it is not designed) as using glucose as its primary carbon source. Digestion converts fats and proteins to carbohydrate for energy and uses other parts for development, cell replacement etc. Long term ketosis is not clever

You tell the fûckwit, Prof!
Autophagy on 14:54 - Aug 24 with 1489 viewsProfessor

Autophagy on 14:47 - Aug 24 by WarwickHunt

You tell the fûckwit, Prof!

Thank you sir!

Nothing better or worse than the internet to learn about science. It is the training that allows you to work our what is evidence-based or just some old tripe. Autophagy is an important process but risky diets are not the way to eternal life.

He should stick to missiles.
Autophagy on 15:11 - Aug 24 with 1474 viewsWarwickHunt

Autophagy on 14:54 - Aug 24 by Professor

Thank you sir!

Nothing better or worse than the internet to learn about science. It is the training that allows you to work our what is evidence-based or just some old tripe. Autophagy is an important process but risky diets are not the way to eternal life.

Well, he is a massive weapon...
Autophagy on 15:16 - Aug 24 with 1465 viewspeenemunde

Autophagy on 14:34 - Aug 24 by Professor

Breaking down all foods. You do realise that food was as abundant as it is now.
How would humans have survived when they couldn’t get food ?
Autophagy on 15:18 - Aug 24 with 1464 viewsMo_Wives

Autophagy on 11:08 - Aug 24 by peenemunde

Stay off the crack butt

That's very similar to number 5 on the Rastafarian ten commandments list...

'Stay off da butt crack'

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Autophagy on 15:27 - Aug 24 with 1457 viewspeenemunde

Autophagy on 14:54 - Aug 24 by Professor

Thank you sir!

Who has mentioned eternal life ?
I have been intermittent fasting for yrs and I’m also in contact with people all over the world, who also are, and from my experience and many others intermittent fasting and Autophagy work.

The problem is the pharmaceutical industry can’t make money out of intermittent fasting and therefore spread misinformation just like you are doing.
Autophagy on 16:32 - Aug 24 with 1425 viewsProfessor

Autophagy on 15:27 - Aug 24 by peenemunde

Who has mentioned eternal life ?
I have been intermittent fasting for yrs and I’m also in contact with people all over the world, who also are, and from my experience and many others intermittent fasting and Autophagy work.

The problem is the pharmaceutical industry can’t make money out of intermittent fasting and therefore spread misinformation just like you are doing.

Do you have any substantial knowledge of biochemistry or cell biology? We rely on production of energy via conversion of ATP to ADP by respiration (The Kreb's Cycle) via breaking down glucose. There alternate cycles which can use other sources (such as ketones) as a back up. These are less efficient and lead to toxic products and potentially cell damage-autophagy (literally self-eating) is one (not the only) process that clears up damages or infected cells. Now, and I am a microbiologist, there are plenty of bacteria that can use other carbon sources and can also undertake respiration without oxygen. Long term us eukaryotes need aerobic respiration of glucose. This is basic UG stuff if you have decent Life Sciences degree. Sweet FA to do with Pharma. Fasting can work for some people, but really repeated cycles of complete fasting can be dangerous. Perhaps the example of Ethiopia where 'fasting' days consist of a lighter, lower protein diet interspersed with a more normal diet may well be a healthier option.

Most basic life science is not funded industrially but with taxation via UKRI in the UK or NIH in the US. Stop reading internet junk, take off the tinfoil hat and have some respect for 25 years of experience as a researcher and teacher.
Autophagy on 16:53 - Aug 24 with 1410 viewsProfessor

I also meant to say both health and disease are complex and multi-factorial. Not one action is generally associated with either (with exceptions) even smoking and heavy drinking are factors that increase risk of ill health-hence the uncle who smoked 40 Players Capstan and put away a bottle of whisky per day and lived to 100 which is often stated as a reason why the evidence is wrong.

We have around 40, 000 genes-so 40, 000 gene products or proteins which can also be modified. We are made up of billions of cells made up of complex molecules themselves made of billions of atoms. We carry a resident population of microbes (the microbiome) which also influence our health in ways we never considered. These are more numerous than our own cells.

Science is badly reported-the news is black and white, but life is grey. There is no single answer to anything. Scientists are a bit like one man with a hammer and chisel trying build the Taj Mahal. An individual can't do it but we all make small contributions.

Think about it, read well and balance what you read. Remember being on the internet does not make it true.

Have a great weekend folks and I am full of hope that we thump the Wurzels.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 16:54]
Autophagy on 16:55 - Aug 24 with 1407 viewspeenemunde

Autophagy on 16:32 - Aug 24 by Professor

Do you have any substantial knowledge of biochemistry or cell biology? We rely on production of energy via conversion of ATP to ADP by respiration (The Kreb's Cycle) via breaking down glucose. There alternate cycles which can use other sources (such as ketones) as a back up. These are less efficient and lead to toxic products and potentially cell damage-autophagy (literally self-eating) is one (not the only) process that clears up damages or infected cells. Now, and I am a microbiologist, there are plenty of bacteria that can use other carbon sources and can also undertake respiration without oxygen. Long term us eukaryotes need aerobic respiration of glucose. This is basic UG stuff if you have decent Life Sciences degree. Sweet FA to do with Pharma. Fasting can work for some people, but really repeated cycles of complete fasting can be dangerous. Perhaps the example of Ethiopia where 'fasting' days consist of a lighter, lower protein diet interspersed with a more normal diet may well be a healthier option.

Most basic life science is not funded industrially but with taxation via UKRI in the UK or NIH in the US. Stop reading internet junk, take off the tinfoil hat and have some respect for 25 years of experience as a researcher and teacher.

Nothing to do with the internet. I’ve been living this way for 20 years.
You still haven’t answered the question.
How did humans survive when there was no food around.
Autophagy on 17:01 - Aug 24 with 1401 viewsProfessor

Autophagy on 16:55 - Aug 24 by peenemunde

Nothing to do with the internet. I’ve been living this way for 20 years.
You still haven’t answered the question.
How did humans survive when there was no food around.

I suspect they did not-famine has a habit of killing people-Ethiopia 1984, Ireland 1845 spring to mind.

We, like any species, don't all survive some events. But enough of the species do. We have evolutionary features in our immune system for example that allow all of us to survive multiple challenges, but specific variation in a key receptor series (called MHC) between individuals that give some of us an advantage against specific pathogen challenge-one reason even things like Ebola don't kill all.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2018 17:05]
Autophagy on 17:02 - Aug 24 with 1399 viewsProfessor

Autophagy on 17:01 - Aug 24 by Professor

I suspect they did not-famine has a habit of killing people-Ethiopia 1984, Ireland 1845 spring to mind.

We, like any species, don't all survive some events. But enough of the species do. We have evolutionary features in our immune system for example that allow all of us to survive multiple challenges, but specific variation in a key receptor series (called MHC) between individuals that give some of us an advantage against specific pathogen challenge-one reason even things like Ebola don't kill all.

Or perhaps these are just illusions created by Big Pharma?
Autophagy on 17:46 - Aug 24 with 1347 viewsMo_Wives

Autophagy on 17:02 - Aug 24 by Professor

Or perhaps these are just illusions created by Big Pharma?

Don't know wot ew heard but I ain't been creatin no illusions...

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Autophagy on 19:51 - Aug 24 with 1300 viewsCatullus

I suppose I could agree with autophagy if it was used by hundreds of millions of people and they all lived a long life. I suspect that, if there was a very large scale study, we would find that amongst autophagics there were some who lived a long life, some who died young and every alternative in between.
As for what happened when there was no food, well if they went without for long enough, they died, simple!

Autophagy on 22:57 - Aug 24 with 1257 viewspeenemunde

Autophagy on 14:15 - Aug 24 by Catullus

Google it, I did.....
"Between 1.5 and 3.0 mmol/L may be at risk for developing ketoacidosis. More than 3.0 mmol/L Requires immediate emergency treatment"

Fu*king hell. Do you understand what you have posted ?
Autophagy on 23:09 - Aug 24 with 1253 viewspeenemunde

Autophagy on 17:01 - Aug 24 by Professor

The Ethiopian and Irish famines were in human evolutionary terms nothing more than a blink of an eyelid.
What about the other tens of thousands of years that food was not in Abundance ?
Autophagy on 23:43 - Aug 24 with 1237 viewsWarwickHunt

Autophagy on 23:09 - Aug 24 by peenemunde

The Ethiopian and Irish famines were in human evolutionary terms nothing more than a blink of an eyelid.
What about the other tens of thousands of years that food was not in Abundance ?

Where’s Abundance? No food there for tens of thousands of years - those ketones must have had a fûcking party. 😂😂😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024