Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackie, Perch, JET... 09:31 - Apr 6 with 10925 viewsRs_Holy

... Leaving at the end of the season! Shame about Mackie but its difficult to see where he fits in when everyone is fit?
Mackie, Perch, JET... on 12:03 - Apr 6 with 2387 viewspaulparker

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 11:19 - Apr 6 by Hunterhoop

Literally, factually...the team did NOT do okay without Ned.

13 games, 11 points, I believe. That's our form without him this season. That's relegation.

With him, we have a win % of 40% this season. That's edge of play offs.

I agree Robbo is not Baresi (who said he was?!), and I said I doubt he'll find a Prem team. But I still think a better team will offer him more and he'll go.

You've been in a tight obtuse mood this last week, PP. But I am glad you now trust Ollie, Penrice and Les.

when have I ever not trusted Les, Penrice or Ollies judgement , I may have been critical of some of his tactics and selections but I have never been an Ollie out man

fair enough the stats don't lie but Ned is replaceable , id rather he stay but if he goes its not the end of the world

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 12:24 - Apr 6 with 2309 viewsJeff

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 12:03 - Apr 6 by paulparker

when have I ever not trusted Les, Penrice or Ollies judgement , I may have been critical of some of his tactics and selections but I have never been an Ollie out man

fair enough the stats don't lie but Ned is replaceable , id rather he stay but if he goes its not the end of the world

maybe not, but if both go that leaves us with Lynch and Baptsiste as our starting CB partnership, with a fairly large question mark over Grant Hall.

we'd need to acquire two first choice CB's, which would probably eat fairly heavily into our 'must sign a 20 goal a season striker at all costs...' budget

Can we not knock it?

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 12:27 - Apr 6 with 2299 viewsphilc

In the new world in which we are trying to operate, although it is sad that Mackie (and possibly Perch) are leaving, it is important that each players contribution is assessed and when it is time, they are moved on. Both the squad size and wage bill need to be trimmed and it also important that we maintain our path to the first team without having the squad bloated with older players who prevent the younger ones from breaking through.

I suspect that given his age we will not be able to match the wages that Robinson can earn elsewhere and therefore expect him to leave at the end of the season. With Onuoha, given his experience, I would like him to stay but it is important that we maintain our wage structure and like PP, I feel that if he goes he goes, it is not the end of the world. Maybe I'm being over optimistic but I'd like to think that Penrice has already identified suitable replacements within our wage structure.
Mackie, Perch, JET... on 12:33 - Apr 6 with 2289 viewsBklynRanger

JET deserves a lot less than that deeply buried one line - obvious that everyone he's been around thinks he's a leeching arsehole.

Perch is a player who's changed in my eyes in his later history with us. He's apparently contractually obliged to make one or two kamikaze lunges per match but he was playing really well at CB - obviously the position he's better at, and he stayed on bravely after getting injured against Hull - was clearly in pain leaving the ground.

Love Mackie as a long serving club character and wish him well wherever he goes.
Mackie, Perch, JET... on 12:54 - Apr 6 with 2250 viewsLongsufferingR

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 10:01 - Apr 6 by simmo

Didn't really consider Chief wanting to return up north, it makes sense but would be a massive blow. Losing both our best central defenders with one of them being our long term captain is a big problem. The wages saved on both is nowehere near compensation...

As for the others, I hope JET is literally thrown out the door, prick. Mackie & Perch go with my blessings but I'm sure we could get better options, although the latters versatility has got us out of injuries and suspensions in the past so will need to be replaced.

"As for the others, I hope JET is literally thrown out the door, prick."

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 13:08 - Apr 6 with 2216 viewsBAWHoops

Everything crossed they can get Hall fit in pre season.

Hall and Lynch not perfect but could cover some holes until we find someone.

I'd keep Baptiste for another season if none of the kids are good enough

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 13:17 - Apr 6 with 2195 viewsbaz_qpr

Would seem a bit mad to me to lose 3 central defenders at once, Ned will be a big loss on and off the field. Mackie will be a loss off the field.

Agree with Hunterhoop breaking up a defence is like losing a goal scoring striker, you have to replace well or you run the risk of relegation.

Big summer in the transfer market and we need that senior pro that has played at a higher level to provide guidance and leadership and 3 defenders

Would also suggest that for Ned and Robinson those players dont see us challenging for promotion anytime soon or developing something they want to be part off
Mackie, Perch, JET... on 13:25 - Apr 6 with 2175 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 13:17 - Apr 6 by baz_qpr

Would seem a bit mad to me to lose 3 central defenders at once, Ned will be a big loss on and off the field. Mackie will be a loss off the field.

Agree with Hunterhoop breaking up a defence is like losing a goal scoring striker, you have to replace well or you run the risk of relegation.

Big summer in the transfer market and we need that senior pro that has played at a higher level to provide guidance and leadership and 3 defenders

Would also suggest that for Ned and Robinson those players dont see us challenging for promotion anytime soon or developing something they want to be part off

I think Neds family live up North and that combined with a pay drop I can understand
Login to get fewer ads

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 13:38 - Apr 6 with 2144 viewsPunteR

I like Mackie, he's been a great player for us over the years but i completely understand him leaving. Perch was mostly decent apart from a few kamikaze tackles and beain fart moments. JET can jog on.
I dont think it will be the end of the world with Onouha and Robinson going. However if we sell Smithies as well i think we're in for a tough season.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 14:13 - Apr 6 with 2087 viewsjonno

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 11:53 - Apr 6 by daveB

If Ned goes that will be a big loss, despite the armchair critics he is a very good leader in the dressing room and great for the young players, he'd be a tough player to replace

Might explain why Holloway wants to play Baptiste weekend as we'll be needing an experienced head next season so worth keeping him involved

Blimey, if we are looking to replace Onuoha with Baptiste we'll have serious problems.
Mackie, Perch, JET... on 14:22 - Apr 6 with 2073 viewspaulparker

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 12:24 - Apr 6 by Jeff

maybe not, but if both go that leaves us with Lynch and Baptsiste as our starting CB partnership, with a fairly large question mark over Grant Hall.

we'd need to acquire two first choice CB's, which would probably eat fairly heavily into our 'must sign a 20 goal a season striker at all costs...' budget

Lynch & Baptiste wont be our starting centre backs next year
who knows what gems we have lined up, it could be a foreign player, a league 1 or 2 defender or someone from the Scottish leagues or even Northern Ireland
we have a good scouting set up, Penrice & Mel Johnson plus others I trust them to get us a better player than Robinson for less than 20 large a week
Perch , Mackie , Jet are all on a good whack so again that frees up more of the budget
if Ned stays it wont be on a reduced wage it would be an increase why skint our selves on an above average championship centre back
this isn't the end of the world and I still think we will have enough for a striker (within our transfer budget )

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 14:48 - Apr 6 with 2032 viewsEsox_Lucius

With the current rate of success for the U23's stepping up perhaps we may see Giles Phillips & Chris Paul successfully follow in their footsteps.

The grass is always greener.

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 14:49 - Apr 6 with 2029 views00calben

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 13:38 - Apr 6 by PunteR

I like Mackie, he's been a great player for us over the years but i completely understand him leaving. Perch was mostly decent apart from a few kamikaze tackles and beain fart moments. JET can jog on.
I dont think it will be the end of the world with Onouha and Robinson going. However if we sell Smithies as well i think we're in for a tough season.

Completely agree with you that I fear for us if we lose Onouha, Robinson and Smithies.

...However, in a weird way if we lose both Onouha and Robinson, selling Smithies might become a necessity as he's one of the few players in the squad we could fetch decent money for without needing to spend a penny of it on a replacement. So we could invest some of that money in to a centre half
Mackie, Perch, JET... on 15:27 - Apr 6 with 1974 views1JD

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 14:22 - Apr 6 by paulparker

who knows what gems we have lined up, it could be a foreign player, a league 1 or 2 defender or someone from the Scottish leagues or even Northern Ireland
we have a good scouting set up, Penrice & Mel Johnson plus others I trust them to get us a better player than Robinson for less than 20 large a week
Perch , Mackie , Jet are all on a good whack so again that frees up more of the budget
if Ned stays it wont be on a reduced wage it would be an increase why skint our selves on an above average championship centre back
this isn't the end of the world and I still think we will have enough for a striker (within our transfer budget )

Onuoha will not be offered an increase on his current wage, and will likely be offered a reduction. The reason is simple, we have no choice but to reduce our cost base, not just for FFP, but because our strategy is now about self-sustainability, I.e. we operate within our means. In other words we don’t spend more than our income.

There will be no “freed up” budget from Mackie, JET and Perch - not only are they surplus to requirements (we have too big a squad / we have other better alternatives), their excess wages will be applied to our continual cost reduction exercise.

I’m still hopeful both players, Onohua and Robinson, will be re-signed going by their comments in the press over recent months- they are happy at QPR and settled and will still be offered our best wage, likely to be in the region of 15-20k.
Mackie, Perch, JET... on 15:44 - Apr 6 with 1954 viewsbosh67

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 14:48 - Apr 6 by Esox_Lucius

With the current rate of success for the U23's stepping up perhaps we may see Giles Phillips & Chris Paul successfully follow in their footsteps.

And hopefully we can finally get Hall back next season in one piece.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 15:46 - Apr 6 with 1951 viewsWestbourneR

Keep Ned and Robinson and we have the foundations for a play-off push next season. Lose both and we're rebuilding again.

You could also argue that Ned is closest we've got to a Mr QPR these days. He's been at the club and been a model pro for many years. Is it 6 years even - maybe more??

I'd also be minded to keep Perch. He's a useful utility man and looks very hand at left back.

Mackie and JET are no brainers to leave.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 15:50 - Apr 6 with 1946 viewsW14Hoop

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 12:33 - Apr 6 by BklynRanger

JET deserves a lot less than that deeply buried one line - obvious that everyone he's been around thinks he's a leeching arsehole.

Perch is a player who's changed in my eyes in his later history with us. He's apparently contractually obliged to make one or two kamikaze lunges per match but he was playing really well at CB - obviously the position he's better at, and he stayed on bravely after getting injured against Hull - was clearly in pain leaving the ground.

Love Mackie as a long serving club character and wish him well wherever he goes.

Seconded.
Thanks Jamie. Always showed spirit, even if the skill level wasn’t there some of the time.

Understood the QPR way, show effort, willingness, 100% all of that and we will support you.
All the best for the future.
Mackie, Perch, JET... on 15:53 - Apr 6 with 1940 viewsTonto

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 14:22 - Apr 6 by paulparker

Do you engage brain before typing?

As has been said a million times by the club and on here, we now have a wage cap and ned and Robinson are the two remiaining players on wages above that from the old wage regime. Therefore, Ned (and Robinson) will ONLY stay at the club if he accepts the new wage structure.

And buying gems for the price of salt is not as easy as you say, despite our improved scouting network.

You have to admit that there is a significant risk involved in losing both of them, even if it isn't by our (the club's) choice.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 16:07 - Apr 6 with 1909 viewssmegma

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 14:48 - Apr 6 by Esox_Lucius

Chris Paul hasn't been seen since going on trial at Coventry about 5 weeks ago.
Mackie, Perch, JET... on 16:09 - Apr 6 with 1908 viewsCammington

Taking into account the wages he's meant to be on, I'm not that bothered about losing Robinson in all honesty.

Losing Ned though would be a huge blow on and off the pitch. Really hope he stays.
Mackie, Perch, JET... on 16:10 - Apr 6 with 1905 viewssmegma

Anyone notice Ollie really bigs up both Mackie and Perchs professional when being told the dreaded news. No mention of the oxygen thief.

Tells a story.
Mackie, Perch, JET... on 19:49 - Apr 6 with 1741 viewsTHEBUSH

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 16:09 - Apr 6 by Cammington

Taking into account the wages he's meant to be on, I'm not that bothered about losing Robinson in all honesty.

Losing Ned though would be a huge blow on and off the pitch. Really hope he stays.

Agree with this, and don´t see why we can´t make an exception with our captain Ned and make him our highest earner ?
Mackie, Perch, JET... on 21:12 - Apr 6 with 1674 viewsMyke

Sounds just like Washington - minus the support
Mackie, Perch, JET... on 21:20 - Apr 6 with 1659 viewsMyke

Mackie, Perch, JET... on 15:50 - Apr 6 by W14Hoop

Seconded.
Thanks Jamie. Always showed spirit, even if the skill level wasn’t there some of the time.

Understood the QPR way, show effort, willingness, 100% all of that and we will support you.
All the best for the future.

Sounds like Washington - minus the support
Mackie, Perch, JET... on 21:27 - Apr 6 with 1646 viewsTripper

Hopefully the scouting system can continue to find us a couple of bargains.

The situation we find ourselves in must be replicated at clubs with an even smaller budget than ours. There must be a couple of decent central defenders that are letting their contracts expire in the summer as they are worth a better salary than they are currently getting.

Both players will be a loss to us and need to be replaced but both injury prone so far from irreplaceable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024