Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie's first interview.. 20:03 - Nov 11 with 8601 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Love they guy, but to me he looks like someone who life has taken a baseball bat too. Look at his eyes FFS. Not sure this is a great idea, either for the club or Ollie. Obv wish the man well but..

[Post edited 12 Nov 2016 2:34]

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Ollie's first interview.. on 02:37 - Nov 12 with 2504 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Ollie's first interview.. on 22:33 - Nov 11 by PinnerPaul

"age" he's only 53!

Us over 50s CAN function in society you know!

thats my point - I'm the same age and have "enjoyed" life a fair bit but dont look as utterly shagged as Ollie does LOL. All said and done would rather have him here and a bit of passion than tactics bloody Tim..

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Ollie's first interview.. on 06:43 - Nov 12 with 2439 viewsDevon_4_England

Welcome home Ollie

This is a special man who loves QPR and I truly believe he is going to galvanise our Club

Ollie will inspire everyone on and and off the pitch at Loftus Road and I for one am buzzing

Bring on Norwich, it's going to be emotional
Ollie's first interview.. on 07:27 - Nov 12 with 2403 viewsHooped_Pullie

Ollie's first interview.. on 06:43 - Nov 12 by Devon_4_England

Welcome home Ollie

This is a special man who loves QPR and I truly believe he is going to galvanise our Club

Ollie will inspire everyone on and and off the pitch at Loftus Road and I for one am buzzing

Bring on Norwich, it's going to be emotional

Wish I could be there next Saturday, sadly work will unavoidably mean I can't.

The Ollie era was my heyday, in truth, an ST holder living in West London at the time and boy, did I love every minute. The defeats killed you, the sheer joy of winning was unforgettable. Looking back now, it was the time of my life when I was most in love with football. In my lifetime, only Warnock has come close to recreating that feeling at LR. If he can get these players on board like he did with previous squads, we will surely get our Rangers back.

Little story : en route back from our pre-season trip to Ibiza in July 2005, I was at the airport waiting for the flight back to Luton. Ian Holloway (with wife & daughters) was waiting to board the same plane. He got plenty of attention, but I respected his privacy whilst he was with his family. Later on, when he was alone briefly, I managed to have a word about how much I loved watching Rangers under him, and the man's humility was remarkable. If you haven't actually met him, and then you do, it's his genuine nature that you'll remember.

When we actually boarded the plane, it turned out I was sitting in the centre, beside the loos. Several times during the flight, Ollie left his seat and walked over to use the toilets. On each occasion, he acknowledged me, with a wave or a quick word. Sometimes it's the little things that say a lot, you don't forget those.

Rangers legend, top man. Welcome home, sir. Now where's that bloody hankie ?
Ollie's first interview.. on 07:37 - Nov 12 with 2383 viewsjonno

Ollie's first interview.. on 07:27 - Nov 12 by Hooped_Pullie

The Ollie era was my heyday, in truth, an ST holder living in West London at the time and boy, did I love every minute. The defeats killed you, the sheer joy of winning was unforgettable. Looking back now, it was the time of my life when I was most in love with football. In my lifetime, only Warnock has come close to recreating that feeling at LR. If he can get these players on board like he did with previous squads, we will surely get our Rangers back.

Little story : en route back from our pre-season trip to Ibiza in July 2005, I was at the airport waiting for the flight back to Luton. Ian Holloway (with wife & daughters) was waiting to board the same plane. He got plenty of attention, but I respected his privacy whilst he was with his family. Later on, when he was alone briefly, I managed to have a word about how much I loved watching Rangers under him, and the man's humility was remarkable. If you haven't actually met him, and then you do, it's his genuine nature that you'll remember.

When we actually boarded the plane, it turned out I was sitting in the centre, beside the loos. Several times during the flight, Ollie left his seat and walked over to use the toilets. On each occasion, he acknowledged me, with a wave or a quick word. Sometimes it's the little things that say a lot, you don't forget those.

Whether he has now improved his tactical approach to the game or not - and hopefully he has learnt a thing or two in the intervening years - there is one thing I can say about Ollie having met him on a couple of occasions and had conversations with him. Talking to him, he is inspirational. After just a few minutes with him, you would run through walls for the bloke, he does have an incredible motivational ability. I'm hopeful now, because I believe that is what a lot of our current players need.
Ollie's first interview.. on 07:45 - Nov 12 with 2369 viewsHooped_Pullie

Ollie's first interview.. on 07:37 - Nov 12 by jonno

Whether he has now improved his tactical approach to the game or not - and hopefully he has learnt a thing or two in the intervening years - there is one thing I can say about Ollie having met him on a couple of occasions and had conversations with him. Talking to him, he is inspirational. After just a few minutes with him, you would run through walls for the bloke, he does have an incredible motivational ability. I'm hopeful now, because I believe that is what a lot of our current players need.

Completely agree, worth bearing in mind though that even at its worst, Ollie's 'tactical nature' was always ten times better than JFH's.

Let's hope for good backup too, Birch and a couple of that ilk. Maybe involve Furlong as well.

Looking forward to loving the old place again.
Ollie's first interview.. on 08:06 - Nov 12 with 2329 viewsRs_Holy

Ollie's first interview.. on 23:46 - Nov 11 by BostonR

Disaster waiting to happen! Never go back and unless I am mistaken he took Millwall down. Best get my neck-brace out then because Mr Hoof-Ball has returned.

Took Millwall and Leicester down but got us, Palace and Blackpool promoted. I'm hoping it's a case of horses for courses with Ollie and QPR. They say never go back but that 20 minute interview shows he knows exactly what is needed at QPR. He understands what the fans want to see, he knows what will work and, probably just as important, what won't work at our club.
For the team to be successful you need the supporters with you and to get the supporters with you the team have to play a certain style of football... He gets it and the only question remaining is can he deliver it?
As far as returning QPR players and managers who have made a successful return how about Clive Allen, Kevin Gallen, Neil Warnocks cameo last season, Gavin Peacock, Paul Furlong, Lee Cook, Terry Venables.
Ollie's first interview.. on 08:07 - Nov 12 with 2326 viewsRanger78

Ollie's first interview.. on 23:27 - Nov 11 by Hooparoo

Who'd have thought that a blast from the past would feel like such a breath of fresh air?

Welcome back Olly. Thanks for making me smile again listening to a bloke who loves QPR as much as I do. 😊

Exactly how i felt watching it.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2016 12:48]
Ollie's first interview.. on 08:16 - Nov 12 with 2310 viewswood_hoop

Ollie's first interview.. on 07:27 - Nov 12 by Hooped_Pullie

Good post , 'it's the little things that say a lot, you don't forget those'

Many posts show how IH seems to have lifted a great deal of our support, yours to a certain extent has hit home just what a lovely character he really is, easy to have incoming mangers 'kiss the badge' for the expectant supporters and media bites that will try to justify the decision of the board,

Ollie's interview comes across as very genuine which is so rare in the media soaked world that has pretty much taken over football.

I am no different to many and critisised IH on selections, tactics, and just where he was going wrong when he was here before at times, I am older not so sure about being wiser but hopefully less critical.

I am now really looking forward to Ollie being back, to have a man who comes across as it being such a boost for himself to 'be back home' hopefully generates a goodwill that runs right through the players as well.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2016 8:35]
Login to get fewer ads

Ollie's first interview.. on 10:47 - Nov 12 with 2200 viewsDiscodroids

Watching that interview this morning I was weeping like Miss Venezuela circa 1977 calling for world peace and an end to world famine under the lascivious gaze of Eric Morely in his Carnaby Street Lord John Crushed Velvet 2 vent suit.

Very dapper as well these days is Ollie in his Rod stewart epping Country mansion sartorial clobber.

Halston, Gucci, Fiorucci He looks like a still, that man is dressed to kill

welcome home you glorious, insane ,wonderful human being!!

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Ollie's first interview.. on 10:52 - Nov 12 with 2189 viewsdaveB

I watched it last night and was almost in tears, i haven't been this happy and excited about QPR in years
Ollie's first interview.. on 10:55 - Nov 12 with 2173 viewsBurnleyhoop

Delighted to see him back. We now have the structure in place from top to bottom that cares passionately about the club and love the place, but for most part are perfectly competent in their roles.

Holloway will without doubt galvanise the entire squad with his sheer enthusiasm, but the one piece of the jigsaw missing for me is a coach who can lay the foundations of how we play this group of players to best effect. I would hate for things to go pear shaped for Olly because we lack the tactician so badly needed.

Klopp has shown how the combination of tactical nous and pure enthusiasm can drive performance to another level.

We are so close to actually getting this club sorted.

Roll on next Saturday, the atmosphere will be amazing.
Ollie's first interview.. on 13:50 - Nov 12 with 2089 viewsDorse

Watched it at work - this man just sums up everything I love about QPR. His passinn and drive, the 'working man's club' rejection of a few trinkets, the way he seems to understand the role of the support as integral to our achievement, the withering scorn reserved for the recent, ahem, 'players' we've had to endure.

I can't wait for the next match. Haven't said that in a little while.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ollie's first interview.. on 17:38 - Nov 12 with 1976 viewsCFW

Ollie's first interview.. on 10:55 - Nov 12 by Burnleyhoop

Delighted to see him back. We now have the structure in place from top to bottom that cares passionately about the club and love the place, but for most part are perfectly competent in their roles.

Holloway will without doubt galvanise the entire squad with his sheer enthusiasm, but the one piece of the jigsaw missing for me is a coach who can lay the foundations of how we play this group of players to best effect. I would hate for things to go pear shaped for Olly because we lack the tactician so badly needed.

Klopp has shown how the combination of tactical nous and pure enthusiasm can drive performance to another level.

We are so close to actually getting this club sorted.

Roll on next Saturday, the atmosphere will be amazing.

I fully admit Ollie was not my choice as our new manager - that said after watching his interview and thinking about it overnight think I now have changed my mind.

I totally agree that a good coaching team behind him is paramount but you cannot take away his total love and knowledge of our club. It should not be forgotten that Ollie has watched more Championship matches than most due to his work with Sky so that should help him to hit the ground running.

We should not expect miracles but I do feel we have the basis of a good side and just need to get a style and system of play that suits our squad.

Good luck to him and the next month will be fantastic.
Ollie's first interview.. on 18:03 - Nov 12 with 1953 viewsLongsufferingR

I could understand the OP's point if anybody hadn't seen Olly for a few years as he has obviously physically changed, but compared to some of the interviews towards the end at Palace and Millwall, this is an absolute sea change in positivity and enthusiasm.

He had seemed to fall out of love with the modern game and even question his own abilities, but he's back where he belongs now. He knows the place inside out, sounds like he's done a PhD on what's required here, and after watching that, I'll be the first in the ground v Norwich with a packet of tissues at hand (for my eyes, honestly).

Imagine the scenes if we beat them, and also imagine the reaction if he sees Sandro throwing a strop like he did at Fulham. Whether he lasts or not, right at this moment he's exactly what the place needs. Can't wait.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2016 18:03]
Ollie's first interview.. on 18:38 - Nov 12 with 1919 viewslondonscottish

I was half-dreading going to the Norwich game.

Now I can't wait.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Ollie's first interview.. on 18:52 - Nov 12 with 1552 viewsTGRRRSSS

If he gets the right team behind him with his infection and clear love of the club and it's fans and ours for him then who knows.

Good Luck here's to him adding to his QPR legacy with more golden times for him and us, maybe just maybe......

Can he unearth more Bircham's and Padula's and Gallens etc?
Ollie's first interview.. on 19:02 - Nov 12 with 1539 viewsTacticalR

An impressive interview.

It's true that he has aged, and it feels like a lot of that mischievous sparkle that he used to have has disappeared.

On the other hand it seems that his fire has not gone out, he knows the division, and it sounds like he has got some ideas about what he wants to do with the club.

Air hostess clique

Ollie's first interview.. on 20:19 - Nov 12 with 1476 viewsSkeppsdal

Best thing that´s happened for years!
Ollie's first interview.. on 20:31 - Nov 12 with 1460 viewsBlackCrowe

Hope Ned is relieved on captaincy under the new regime. Need passion sur le pitch too.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Ollie's first interview.. on 20:46 - Nov 12 with 1441 viewsNortholt_Rs

You have to be taking the pizz right? I have no idea - like everybody else - whether this will work out well for us but you cannot doubt what this club means to him....even with his eyes. WTF?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ollie's first interview.. on 21:16 - Nov 12 with 1412 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It takes more than a bit of tub thumping to convince me but at least it'll raise fans' spirits and improve the atmosphere at HQ. I'm curious to see who will be his number 2 - choose right and it could just work.
Ollie's first interview.. on 22:49 - Nov 12 with 1339 viewskomradkirk

Have to say i love Olly and am pleased to see him back.
Ignoring the never go back elephant in the room,i will offer my full support.
OLLOWAYS BLUE N WHITE ARMY
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024