Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bored to death 11:12 - Nov 11 with 2035 viewsBoston

....Leonard Cohen, finally gone.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Bored to death on 11:37 - Nov 11 with 2003 viewsolderR

Loved his songs.

Sung by other people.
Bored to death on 11:58 - Nov 11 with 1954 viewsBlackCrowe

Whether you like his music or not (and I like some of it a lot and some of it not much), he was incredibly talented, poetic and utterly authentic and made many others successful with his songwriting.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Bored to death on 12:07 - Nov 11 with 1932 viewsrobith

So glad I got to see him live twice.

As soon as that new album came out, and his recent statements I knew he was not long for him.

A magical poet whose work has provided me with much solace in my life
Bored to death on 12:24 - Nov 11 with 1889 viewsKonk

In the Summer, I read about this letter to Marianne Ihlen, who had been his partner for ten years during the sixties/seventies. She was in her final few days and received this letter from Cohen - I thought it was beautiful.

'Well Marianne, it's come to this time when we are really so old and our bodies are falling apart and I think I will follow you very soon. Know that I am so close behind you that if you stretch out your hand, I think you can reach mine.

"And you know that I've always loved you for your beauty and for your wisdom, but I don't need to say anything more about that because you know all about that. But now, I just want to wish you a very good journey.

"Goodbye old friend. Endless love, see you down the road."'

A very talented bloke, but more importantly, he always seemed so decent and nice.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Bored to death on 12:29 - Nov 11 with 1862 viewshopphoops

He was great. I wish I'd seen him live.

This still made me laugh : http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/leonard-cohens-music-perfe

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Bored to death on 14:16 - Nov 11 with 1754 viewsTheCrankyHippo

Can someone restart 2016, plz?
Bored to death on 14:28 - Nov 11 with 1735 viewsMonahoop

For many years I didn't like Cohen's work, but about 4 years ago I listened to a radio documentary on him. There I found there was more to him than his doom laden, dark songs. After listening to the programme my views on the man changed. I got to like much of his work especially his poetry. I bought a book of his poems quite recently and found much of his wordage very meaningful, perhaps more so than many of those of Dylan. He was a huge influence on others like Nick Cave. The title to this thread is really an injustice to the man
RIP

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Bored to death on 16:26 - Nov 11 with 1654 viewsrobith

Bored to death on 12:29 - Nov 11 by hopphoops

He was great. I wish I'd seen him live.

This still made me laugh : http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/leonard-cohens-music-perfe

Saw him at Glastonury in 2008 where he brought the house down. My dad was so jealous (he's his idol) that I brought him to see him at the o2 a couple of months later. 20,000 people sat in pin drop silence hanging on his every word

"I haven't been to London for 12 years. Back then I was an upstart, a young whipper snapper of 58"
Login to get fewer ads

Bored to death on 16:30 - Nov 11 with 1644 viewsMonkey_Roots

Loved his track 'waiting for the miracle'... RIP.
Bored to death on 21:20 - Nov 11 with 1535 viewsBlackCrowe

Bored to death on 16:26 - Nov 11 by robith

Saw him at Glastonury in 2008 where he brought the house down. My dad was so jealous (he's his idol) that I brought him to see him at the o2 a couple of months later. 20,000 people sat in pin drop silence hanging on his every word

"I haven't been to London for 12 years. Back then I was an upstart, a young whipper snapper of 58"

I went to that o2 gig, it was lovely.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Bored to death on 21:33 - Nov 11 with 1519 viewsted_hendrix

My all time favourite LC album from way back in the early Seventies was "Songs Of Love And Hate"

(Let's sing another song, boys, this one has grown old and bitter.)

RIP.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Bored to death on 23:16 - Nov 11 with 1455 viewsBrightonhoop

Bored to death on 21:33 - Nov 11 by ted_hendrix

My all time favourite LC album from way back in the early Seventies was "Songs Of Love And Hate"

(Let's sing another song, boys, this one has grown old and bitter.)

RIP.

Been listening to it on and off for30 years Ted, and it just gets better and better.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024