Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
st paddys day in new york 15:56 - Jan 7 with 1366 viewswombat

just found out we will be landing lunchtime on st paddys day and staying a few days after anyone got any insider info on resturants bars etc to go to while im there

will be doing all the usual tourist stuff while im there as well obviously

getting the night flight back to heathrow on the friday night arrive heathrow sat morning so flight to newcastle around 9am for the boro game me thinks

Poll: which is your favouite foot

st paddys day in new york on 14:28 - Jan 9 with 1205 viewsArx

There's a great bar in the shadow of the Empire State Building. On 33rd street near the junction of 5th Avenue. It's called Legends and does special food deals during televised international and prem league matches.
st paddys day in new york on 14:34 - Jan 9 with 1197 viewswombat

st paddys day in new york on 14:28 - Jan 9 by Arx

There's a great bar in the shadow of the Empire State Building. On 33rd street near the junction of 5th Avenue. It's called Legends and does special food deals during televised international and prem league matches.

cheers Arx ive been before but it was years ago pre twin towers so guessing it a bit diff there these days

st paddys day in new york on 14:43 - Jan 9 with 1191 viewsArx

Also remember this discussion from a while ago, might be some help there.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/59347/new-york-qpr
st paddys day in new york on 14:51 - Jan 9 with 1168 viewsBklynRanger

I usually find Irish Americans quite irritating tbh, and crowds, plus I'm a miserable bastard so I steer well clear of St Patrick's Day in NY, but I can recommend a few 'Irish bars' where the craic may be 90. I don't know where you'll be staying so these are in different parts of Manhattan:

Uptown:

Malachy's - 72nd st b/t Broadway and Amsterdam - very old school, hasn't been renovated in years

D J Reynolds, West 57th St - very cozy pub in the winter

For the East Village I'd suggest:

Swifts on East 4th St - haven't been in there in years but I always liked it

Dempsey's on 2nd Ave and about 3rd st

The Thirsty Scholar on 2nd Ave and about 10th st

There are fcuking billions of places claiming to be Irish though, too many to remember. If I think of any more decent ones I'll put them up.
st paddys day in new york on 14:56 - Jan 9 with 1163 viewswombat

st paddys day in new york on 14:51 - Jan 9 by BklynRanger

I usually find Irish Americans quite irritating tbh, and crowds, plus I'm a miserable bastard so I steer well clear of St Patrick's Day in NY, but I can recommend a few 'Irish bars' where the craic may be 90. I don't know where you'll be staying so these are in different parts of Manhattan:

Uptown:

Malachy's - 72nd st b/t Broadway and Amsterdam - very old school, hasn't been renovated in years

D J Reynolds, West 57th St - very cozy pub in the winter

For the East Village I'd suggest:

Swifts on East 4th St - haven't been in there in years but I always liked it

Dempsey's on 2nd Ave and about 3rd st

The Thirsty Scholar on 2nd Ave and about 10th st

There are fcuking billions of places claiming to be Irish though, too many to remember. If I think of any more decent ones I'll put them up.

aint worried it they are irish mate just decent

main concern ive got it we land at 12 at JFK hotel is midtown just off the st paddys day parade gonna be a major struggle to get to the hotel me thinks
staying at the waldorf astoria on park avenue

st paddys day in new york on 14:57 - Jan 9 with 1163 viewsBklynRanger

st paddys day in new york on 14:43 - Jan 9 by Arx

Also remember this discussion from a while ago, might be some help there.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/59347/new-york-qpr

How do people manage to drag these threads up from years ago? Is it google or, as I suspect, evil magic?
st paddys day in new york on 15:00 - Jan 9 with 1156 viewsBklynRanger

st paddys day in new york on 14:56 - Jan 9 by wombat

aint worried it they are irish mate just decent

main concern ive got it we land at 12 at JFK hotel is midtown just off the st paddys day parade gonna be a major struggle to get to the hotel me thinks
staying at the waldorf astoria on park avenue

There'll be crossing points though - shouldn't be too difficult, and the first two I've mentioned don't involve crossing 5th Ave. I think it's over by about 3 anyway (could be wrong)...

If you want to start off very local there's a decent old school mid town bar called PJ Carney's on 57th and 7th.
st paddys day in new york on 15:25 - Jan 9 with 1119 viewswombat

st paddys day in new york on 15:00 - Jan 9 by BklynRanger

There'll be crossing points though - shouldn't be too difficult, and the first two I've mentioned don't involve crossing 5th Ave. I think it's over by about 3 anyway (could be wrong)...

If you want to start off very local there's a decent old school mid town bar called PJ Carney's on 57th and 7th.

cheers think it says 4pm on the st paddys day website

was hoping to catch somebody at radio city this time but bugger all scedhuled while we are there saw tina turner last time

whats the best bet on getting tickets for the basketball at madison square while im there prices are stupid on new yorks verson of seat wave

Login to get fewer ads

st paddys day in new york on 15:42 - Jan 9 with 1105 viewsBklynRanger

st paddys day in new york on 15:25 - Jan 9 by wombat

cheers think it says 4pm on the st paddys day website

was hoping to catch somebody at radio city this time but bugger all scedhuled while we are there saw tina turner last time

whats the best bet on getting tickets for the basketball at madison square while im there prices are stupid on new yorks verson of seat wave

I doubt I could find an affordable basketball ticket mate - stupid prices indeed.

Might be worth seeing how prices compare for the Brooklyn Nets. It's only their second season and there's a good atmosphere down there, I'm told. They're at home on the Wednesday and Saturday.
st paddys day in new york on 15:47 - Jan 9 with 1097 viewswombat

st paddys day in new york on 15:42 - Jan 9 by BklynRanger

I doubt I could find an affordable basketball ticket mate - stupid prices indeed.

Might be worth seeing how prices compare for the Brooklyn Nets. It's only their second season and there's a good atmosphere down there, I'm told. They're at home on the Wednesday and Saturday.

cheers once again mate will have a look chepaest ive been quoted was 190 dollars for 3 levels up think ill pass on that

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024